Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Infomaniac
Jul 3, 2007
Support Cartographers Without Borders

BiggerBoat posted:

I don't know.

Just...when RWM and FB and every conservative source of news tells them the election and the country are being stolen from them by the deep state to the point that they freak out, openly and loudly threaten revolution and then stage an attempted coup at the capitol building to prove it, which they then blame on Soros' undercover operatives when it went south and only to say it was never them...

Then they get cold feet about Insurrection 2; Election Boogaloo and decide to stay home since they don't want to be trapped again. Except there were no crowds. Did the Soros Antifa Soldiers just skip these four false flag indictment protests? And miss a golden opportunity to set fire to and burn red states to the ground that they can then pin on the proud boys?

Motherfuckers are like "stay home! It's a trap!" and then wondering where the gently caress everyone was when they stayed home. I'm wondering the same thing since I cashed my all expenses paid Soros check and went to the Georgia indictment but none of my communist brothers and sisters were there. I also voted 14 times.

*stollen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Star Man posted:

Because that's how they lose voters. Neocons who know these ultra right-wing lunatics are going to ruin everything can't be seen working with Dems, or else they'll be ousted by a primary challenger who wants to burn the mother fucker down.

I don't really buy this excuse. It's not so much working with Dems but acting like Republicans are the ones who care more, the Dems are just 'Virtue signaling' about it. This is an effective tactic in other categories for them, like the environment or criminal justice. All they gotta do is demonstrate how performative Democrats are about these topics and present oversimplified solutions to the problem.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
"You want to be a real rebel, kids? Try being conservative!"
https://twitter.com/VivekGRamaswamy/status/1698455442354020768?t=bp68yXRc3MqZ276VB1t8lQ&s=19

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Imagine watching Family Ties and thinking Alex was the protagonist.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

"Just call yourself conservative to get a reaction. That's all any of us are really doing!"

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Someone in the replies pointed out that this is doubly ironic because he wants to take away teens` right to vote.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

I see someone has taken up the mantle of trying to claim Conservatism is the new Punk Rock again.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

SpeakSlow posted:

Oh, good. I'm glad we've all heard of him.

Iirc, it was Eric.

You're correct, but surprisingly it was Eric Cantor out of loving nowhere.

SpeakSlow
May 17, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Agents are GO! posted:

You're correct, but surprisingly it was Eric Cantor out of loving nowhere.

Bah gawd, The Eric of Cantor has come up through the ring and has begun choking the life out of "Slippery" Jeffery Eppy!

He's turning blue, can't someone stop this?

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?

Angry_Ed posted:

I see someone has taken up the mantle of trying to claim Conservatism is the new Punk Rock again.

This is, like, the third or fourth major attempt of this by a Millennial within the past decade. It fails each time and that person's career slowly morphs into convincing grandpas and grandmas that they're totally connecting with The Youths, they swear, please send money.

The Artificial Kid
Feb 22, 2002
Plibble

This guy has serious loving Brockway, Ogdenville and North Haverbrook energy.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
This is funny

https://news.yahoo.com/fox-news-hosts-own-words-082858148.html

Fox News Hosts' Own Words Come Back To Haunt Trump In Brutal MSNBC Supercut

The same Fox News hosts and commentators defending Donald Trump now after his combined 91 felony indictments in four different cases were singing a very different tune in 2016, as highlighted by a new MSNBC supercut video.

When Hillary Clinton was running against Trump, multiple voices on the right-wing network cried out that the nation couldn’t handle a president under investigation.

“We cannot have a country led by a president subject to ongoing criminal investigations, potential indictment, and never-ending hearings,” Jeanine Pirro said in a segment that’s still available on Fox News’ YouTube channel.

Sean Hannity warned that Clinton becoming president “while still being under investigation” would lead to a “major constitutional crisis.”

https://twitter.com/i/status/1698500455502938467

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Hypocrisy, still the Republican super power.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

bird food bathtub posted:

Hypocrisy, still the Republican super power.

Their complete lack of shame would be amazing if it wasn't so damaging to the world.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!

Discendo Vox posted:

Hawaii has a particular prevalence of people with nutbars beliefs, and I don't exactly know why.
Probably the same reason as Florida and most of the southwest: It's a destination for rich morons that want to live in Vacationland instead of the real world.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The Republicans are professional hypocrites obviously and the cogitative dissonance in arguing how outrageous it is to investigate a presidential candidate for crimes should be enough to make their heads explode Scanner style. But honestly this feels like one of the softest "gotchas" since their entire world view is that Trump did nothing wrong and his charges are all fake while Hillary has a list of murder victims she's gotten away with.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

not sure if Tucker still counts as media at all but he's seemingly fallen pretty far folks

https://twitter.com/TuckerCarlson/status/1699142858844864846

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

I mean, Andrew Tate and Donald Trump said they did nothing wrong and that was enough for the ol' Tuckster, how could this subject elude his journalistic standards?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Tatsuta Age posted:

not sure if Tucker still counts as media at all but he's seemingly fallen pretty far folks

This guy has been around since Obama’s first election and I have no idea why he’s surfacing again

Like IIRC he was mostly being covered by tabloids and even the Fox News types back then wouldn’t take him seriously

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

FlamingLiberal posted:

This guy has been around since Obama’s first election and I have no idea why he’s surfacing again

Like IIRC he was mostly being covered by tabloids and even the Fox News types back then wouldn’t take him seriously

I haven't done any research as to the validity of it, but supposedly someone unearthed letters that Obama wrote to a girlfriend in college, where he expressed an interest in men in a very college-age bicuriosity-to-seem-enlightened sort of way. So, every right wing pundit with no standards is taking the opportunity to bring back every "Obama was a gay crackhead and Michelle is secretly Michael" 2009-era homophobic conspiracy, because they never stopped hating him on a personal level and are riding the latest Lavender Scare as far as they possibly can.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
Carlson going from the highest rated journalist in all of cable news to...this, in less than a year, is a hell of a fall from grace.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

It hasn't even been 6 months.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

I AM GRANDO posted:

Can any woman in the thread sound off about how big of a red flag the beanie is, all on its own?

He wears it cause he's balding. Dunno if that's a red flag or not.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

FMguru posted:

Carlson going from the highest rated journalist in all of cable news to...this, in less than a year, is a hell of a fall from grace.

If you haven't watched one yet, it's absolutely astonishing how bad his little twitter shows are; not the interviews, which carry some weight just by virtue of having a guest, but the regular monologue episodes. I expected a compressed, stripped down version of his Fox show, but what I got was what could charitably be described as a Vlog that he records in his garden shed.

We're talking real Nostalgia Critic energy, here.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Who the gently caress cares if Barrack Obama had sexual experiences with men?

Oh...oh yeah.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Tatsuta Age posted:

Man, this might damage Obama's eligibility to run for the presidency!

Hey, wait a minute...

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

If you haven't watched one yet, it's absolutely astonishing how bad his little twitter shows are; not the interviews, which carry some weight just by virtue of having a guest, but the regular monologue episodes. I expected a compressed, stripped down version of his Fox show, but what I got was what could charitably be described as a Vlog that he records in his garden shed.

We're talking real Nostalgia Critic energy, here.

Nostalgia Critic at least knew how to stay on topic for five minutes

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Tatsuta Age posted:

This is him doubling down on what he said on Alex Jones.
It's big evidence, imo, that deplatforming works

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

It really shows how far he's fallen that he's running out tired Obama conspiracy poo poo from literal decades ago

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Did he have any special skills to rule Fox, or was it the time slot?

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

I AM GRANDO posted:

Did he have any special skills to rule Fox, or was it the time slot?

Shamelessness is an often under-appreciated skill

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

Yeah I think he just had a Trumpian "Double down in the face of criticism, then triple down if they haven't shut up yet" technique that served him very well in the early days when Big Poppa Trump was in office. Eventually the whole GOP field started doing that, though, so he got less indispensable.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Is anyone aware of insane right wing nuts online talking about Obama having signed a re authorization of something called the Smith Mundt Act which supposedly allowed for Voice Of America type propaganda to be broadcast to an American audience which apparently is history’s greatest scandal?

I find it rich for right wingers to be outraged at Americans being exposed to propaganda when they choose to bathe in a toxic sea of it constantly.

The reason I ask is because our family friend who’s become a total right wing crank since COVID has been going on about this lately and I know he doesn’t come up with this stuff himself.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
A short wikipedia delve shows that it was a bipartisan bill entered into the 2013 NDAA, cosponsored by a Republican and a Democrat in the Republican-majority House of Representatives, so maybe they can ask why Republicans voted for that instead of whining about Obama some more.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

Crunch Buttsteak posted:

I haven't done any research as to the validity of it, but supposedly someone unearthed letters that Obama wrote to a girlfriend in college, where he expressed an interest in men in a very college-age bicuriosity-to-seem-enlightened sort of way. So, every right wing pundit with no standards is taking the opportunity to bring back every "Obama was a gay crackhead and Michelle is secretly Michael" 2009-era homophobic conspiracy, because they never stopped hating him on a personal level and are riding the latest Lavender Scare as far as they possibly can.

It wasn't just someone. It was a leak by his publisher to promote his umpteenth biography. It was a letter to a girl he was trying to gently caress where he said a bunch of dumb poo poo he probably didn't really believe in order to try to pick her up.

But also, the trans panic has reignited the "Michelle is secretly a man.." Jerome Corsi conspiracy theories. It's hard to remember now that the trans panic has kicked into high gear, but from like 2009 up through a couple years ago that conspiracy theory was just literally dead. Republicans with brain damage think it's the secret reason Democrats are "going so hard," on trans rights. The key problem is that Biden has done the bare minimum, if anything, on trans anything and it's mostly people just disagreeing with the insane poo poo the Republicans want to do to criminalize trans people.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
PragerU now in Oklahoma.
As far as I can tell this isnt mandatory teaching but just an 'available resource'.

https://twitter.com/kayleeolivastv/status/1699092923206222231

"Content thats factually based with no left wing indoctrination"

https://twitter.com/RyanWaltersSupt/status/1699450999121813758

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?
Ryan Walters is such an unfathomable piece of poo poo.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

When you’re that bald, you need to just start shaving it clean.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
He looks like a degraded clone of Mark Zuckerberg.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Today was a new level of cognitive dissonance and outright bullshit from Hannity, even by his standards. I listened for maybe 6 minutes and was subjected to the following:

I'm going to paraphrase here but he was talking about Biden's mental faculties (fair) and that dems might not want him out front a lot or even to be the nominee. But then went on some other weird tangent where everything he said was exactly opposite of the reality.

Sean Hannity said that "Republicans have an uphill battle to win the white house" and "have to sweep the table to win a presidential election", unlike the dems who start with California and New York and long list of other blue states he rattled off, including (LOL) Rhode Island and Delaware. Real big EC prizes. AS if Republicans don't start with an equal number of very safe red states that not only basically put the two parties on equal footing, but also disproportionately favor Republicans in the EC based on population. As if the GOP has ANY path to the white house beyond gaming this outdated system (which he, of course, defended).

He's talking about the Electoral College when he knows good and damned well that Republicans get beat in the general election almost every year and have only carried it twice in like 35 years or something. He knows the only reason they win when they do is due to this system, which of course he cites as unfair to Republicans. An "uphill battle". So he made sure to emphasize that the Democrats have a giant, daunting head start in electoral votes (because of population) but THEN defended the Electoral College as...I forget...something something constitution Declaration of Independence Founding Fathers so it's great of course.

He's defending the EC (for obvious reasons) while simultaneously calling it an uphill climb for the GOP since none of those liberal hell hole states will ever vote red. Ignoring FL, OH, TX and all the overwhelmingly red voting states that would vote for Saddam Hussein over a democrat. Last I checked, the Road to 270 starts out roughly even and always comes down to a few swing states. He knows this, but I his listeners don't and even among the ones that might, over half think those votes are rigged anyway.

*DEEP BREATH*

THen...

Then he talked about how "Democrats always circle the wagons around their own" while "Republicans are always infighting and engage in a circular firing squad". Again, I'm paraphrasing but I'm close. He's saying this while the GOP is performing the practical definition of circling the wagons around Lord Donald and crying about selective and unfair law enforcement along with unfair media treatment (controlled by the dems, natch). Dems always support Dems, basically, but Republicans can't stick together, unlike those RATS on the other side.

Except...EXCEPT...

In the very next sentence, he goes on to talk about how if Biden doesn't get the nom, it'll be because of Democrats worried about his declining health and advanced age so they'll "take him out of the running and push Newsome". And (the cherry on top) "don't forget, it was the DEMOCRATS that bandied together to oust Cuomo from NYC". Motherfucker, you just said that Democrats always circle around and protect their own and never hold them accountable. 30 seconds ago you were selling this. Then you follow it up with a specific (and also a hypothetical) example of Democrats doing precisely what you said they never do. Turn on each other, hold their party to standards, oust them, etc.

It was amazing.

TL/DR: Bolded

BiggerBoat fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Sep 6, 2023