Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

metachronos
Sep 11, 2001

When I roll, baby I roll DEEP

AnimeIsTrash posted:

the latest trillbillies was about some of the things going on at wvu, and wvu is apparently removing their entire liberal arts and math departments.

also that school's president is this guy and has a lot of wexner connections

The comment about "never trust someone who wears bowties" is a heuristic that has yet to fail me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

Wolfsheim posted:

This is the reason Guys, a podcast about Guys, is so hit or miss imho

Like of course these random redditors are dumb, give me something with a little more meat on the bone

Guys is a podcast to introduce a new guest every week to how much of a weird Guy Bryan is and then proceed to roast him over it for an hour.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.
The recently conceived premise of "guys" in the context of finding new types is hella dumb ngl

"Found a new type of guy!" you found one person :nallears:

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
no, sometimes theres multiple versions of the type with minor differences. Gunther Fehlinger is a pure unadulterated form of post 1991 EU supporter. All the annoying dark NATO edits are impure versions of him.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Pointing to an eccentric unique individual and saying "wow can you believe all the people who are like this", idk. Lolcows by a different name

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo
hella dumb ngl

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

deadass.... period

studs n chuds
Aug 11, 2023

by Modern Video Games

(and can't post for 72 days!)

Ash Crimson posted:

*Guile voice* CHRONIC GOON

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

apparently brace is at burning man and there is ebola (?) a bad rainstorm and some sort of military quarantine situation??

prob fake/ a bit tho

thread here + there are other tweets on his TL

https://twitter.com/trueanonpod/status/1698080093657030972

Wraith of J.O.I. has issued a correction as of 00:49 on Sep 3, 2023

Rorobb
Aug 17, 2005

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

apparently brace is at burning man and there is ebola (?) a bad rainstorm and some sort of military quarantine situation??

prob fake/ a bit tho

thread here + there are other tweets on his TL

https://twitter.com/trueanonpod/status/1698080093657030972

https://twitter.com/trueanonpod/status/1698080803534582203?s=46&t=kgTaX1tYWghEHRRIv1TWCg

definitely fake but it was well done, lots of people rolling with the bit in the thread, I hope it catches on

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

I can't imagine the type of people who deserve to get ebola more than people that go to Burning Man

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Rorobb posted:

https://twitter.com/trueanonpod/status/1698080803534582203?s=46&t=kgTaX1tYWghEHRRIv1TWCg

definitely fake but it was well done, lots of people rolling with the bit in the thread, I hope it catches on

https://twitter.com/francisxwolf/status/1698121562187026718?s=46&t=TBi_iSImUmzjTxXAKsMEH

heh
https://twitter.com/low_voltage_/status/1698129218796748983?s=46&t=TBi_iSImUmzjTxXAKsMEHw

lol
https://twitter.com/liz_franczak/status/1698123134086291895?s=46&t=TBi_iSImUmzjTxXAKsMEHw

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
hope he doesn't get the virus that turns you into a furry

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

tokin opposition posted:

hope he doesn't get the virus that turns you into a furry

Yiff-in-mouth disease.

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

C-Euro posted:

Patrick Wyman's dad culture podcast The Pursuit of Dadliness starts on September 5th, LFG

The podcast he did about Rome the TV series was awful, just two english people making bad jokes and snickering with Wyman mostly laughing at them. I'm convinced he can only succeed at effort podcasts scripted by himself.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Grevling posted:

The podcast he did about Rome the TV series was awful, just two english people making bad jokes and snickering with Wyman mostly laughing at them. I'm convinced he can only succeed at effort podcasts scripted by himself.
Just googled this and what a shock, one of the Trashfuture guys was involved.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Gorn Myson posted:

Just googled this and what a shock, one of the Trashfuture guys was involved.

lol i knew it!

i tried listening to another trashfuture ep because he was on it and it was better than they're usual episodes but it still wasn't great.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

There are actual good British comedy podcasts and I up until recently there have been good British political podcasts, and Trashfuture doesn't feature in that venn diagram.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Dancer posted:

hey guys check out this show called blowback

crepeface posted:

lol i think i've seen a few episodes. they had scott ritter the weapons inspector on a couple times. they seemed like the libertarian or "populist" republican type of guy that has kind of sprung up in the wake of the ukraine/russia war and are completely embarrassing to the democrats by being anti-war.

halfway through an episode:

old guy with a giant white beard: "gently caress democracy! if you got someone like Castro...."

me: *holds breath*

old guy: "...that's really helping their people then they should stay as long as they need to!"

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

braces burning man bit reminded me he also did this one

https://twitter.com/TrueAnonPod/status/1574914950543380480

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

crepeface posted:

lol i think i've seen a few episodes. they had scott ritter the weapons inspector on a couple times. they seemed like the libertarian or "populist" republican type of guy that has kind of sprung up in the wake of the ukraine/russia war and are completely embarrassing to the democrats by being anti-war.

He's a smart guy who has some good takes (as well as a few laughably bad ones). Unfortunately, he also has some real demons.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Atrocious Joe posted:

One of them deadass took me aside to tell me that I was being homophobic because I called someone’s cat effete for eating only liver pâté.

owns

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

brace is getting some incredible reach out of this

https://twitter.com/lauraloomer/status/1698457508631765100?s=46&t=TBi_iSImUmzjTxXAKsMEHw

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

They were right to object, but did so for the wrong reasons. That cat should have been called a kulak, and brought swiftly to justice.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Dokapon Findom posted:

The recently conceived premise of "guys" in the context of finding new types is hella dumb ngl

"Found a new type of guy!" you found one person :nallears:

nope it's fun

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

a_gelatinous_cube posted:

Guys is a podcast to introduce a new guest every week to how much of a weird Guy Bryan is and then proceed to roast him over it for an hour.

The Cheap Guys ep was so good for that reason. I didn't think they'd get much out of the topic, but as it turns out, Bryan signed himself up for a struggle session!

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

extremely surprised to learn that not only does Adam Carolla still have a show but that anybody goes on it

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Bootleg Trunks posted:

extremely surprised to learn that not only does Adam Carolla still have a show but that anybody goes on it

lmao I saw his recent guests but won't spoil it for those curious

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

Phil hendrie ftw

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

i say swears online posted:

Noam Chomsky?

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

If we're thinking of the same guest appearance Chapo talked a bit about it on the patreon episode this week.:laugh:

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

Looks like Shane Gillis from Matt and Shane’s Secret Podcast has a new Netflix standup special releasing tomorrow - capping a meteoric rise since his widely-discussed firing from Saturday Night Live

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Wizard Master posted:

Looks like Shane Gillis from Matt and Shane’s Secret Podcast has a new Netflix standup special releasing tomorrow - capping a meteoric rise since his widely-discussed firing from Saturday Night Live

how much would you love to give this bloke a knuckle sandwich

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

how much would you love to give this bloke a knuckle sandwich

wizard master or the snl podcast man

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

lol

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

The second Maintenance Phase episode about Robert Kennedy Jr. has a fun little moment where they play a clip of Kennedy complaining about people judging his anti-vax book without reading it, and the lady host is like, "Actually, as someone who has also written a book that was widely denigrated as pseudo-scientific nonsense, I can relate"

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
Trillbilies ragging on Elon for lacking dick control was pretty funny. never trust a guy with no pullout game

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Fleetwood posted:

Trillbilies ragging on Elon for lacking dick control was pretty funny. never trust a guy with no pullout game

That psychopath had all his kids by in vitro

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Mr. Lobe posted:

That psychopath had all his kids by in vitro

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

Mr. Lobe posted: