Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/implausibleblog/status/1699004546570133914

lmao

e: 10 - the number of structurally safe schools in the UK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

"The Met Office has said temperatures could be 4C hotter than the Spanish island of Ibiza and British temperatures could also be warmer than Ayia Napa in Cyprus (30C) and Athens in Greece, where it could be 27C on Thursday."

Fortunately a more pleasant 20°C up in the far north but it's always a good and healthy sign when it's warmer in Melton Mowbray than it is in the Med

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

My wife is in Turkey with one of her mates and it’s hotter here at home than it is where she is right now, hate it

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

forkboy84 posted:

"The Met Office has said temperatures could be 4C hotter than the Spanish island of Ibiza and British temperatures could also be warmer than Ayia Napa in Cyprus (30C) and Athens in Greece, where it could be 27C on Thursday."

Fortunately a more pleasant 20°C up in the far north but it's always a good and healthy sign when it's warmer in Melton Mowbray than it is in the Med

There's nothing particularly crazy about the current weather, just than as part of normal weather patterns hot air has come over from Africa taking a circular route over the Atlantic, while the Med has a more "typical" weather pattern for this time of year.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
We're at the tip of the heat penis

https://twitter.com/mikarantane/status/1698724178659041710?s=20

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

forkboy84 posted:

Also, it's important to remember that it's always going to be more humid here in these Isles, so 30° here will always be worse than 30° in the Med.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Nothingtoseehere posted:

There's nothing particularly crazy about the current weather, just than as part of normal weather patterns hot air has come over from Africa taking a circular route over the Atlantic, while the Med has a more "typical" weather pattern for this time of year.

Is flooding a regular weather pattern for central Spain?

Ebola Dog
Apr 3, 2011

Dinosaurs are directly related to turtles!
I dislike the "hotter than Ibiza/other nominally hot place" comparisons because all they boil down to is UK currently hotter than somewhere else. It's meaningless, is it a sign of climate change or is it normal variation in weather patterns? Who cares? The UK (or at least parts of the UK) is hotter than somewhere else, amazing!

DreddyMatt
Nov 25, 2002
MY LACK OF KNOWLEDGE OF CURRENT EVENTS IS EXCEEDED ONLY BY MY UNQUENCHABLE THIRST FOR PISS. FUK U AMERIKKKA!!

Ebola Dog posted:

I dislike the "hotter than Ibiza/other nominally hot place" comparisons because all they boil down to is UK currently hotter than somewhere else. It's meaningless, is it a sign of climate change or is it normal variation in weather patterns? Who cares? The UK (or at least parts of the UK) is hotter than somewhere else, amazing!

Good excuse for the sun to post the headline "phew, what a scorcher!" next to pictures of women sunbathing in the park on their lunchtime

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

All hail the Heat Teat, destroyer of our perpetual enemy: France.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"

forkboy84 posted:

Is flooding a regular weather pattern for central Spain?

It does fall mainly on the plain tbf

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

I hadn't noticed any extreme weather personally, except a lot of rain. Hate it.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
Climate change sucks but 28C is the perfect temperature so in many ways this is great news for me personally. It does make 5 a side an extremely sweaty affair mind.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Jakabite posted:

Climate change sucks but 28C is the perfect temperature so in many ways this is great news for me personally. It does make 5 a side an extremely sweaty affair mind.

Wow, fake Brit over here, not acting like 25° is akin to standing on the surface of the sun

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

Jakabite posted:

No

Give me 20ish max or give me death

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Honestly even 20 is pushing it, but I fully accept that’s my own problem as I live in shorts and a t-shirt 365 days a year, so when it gets particularly spicy I’m already out of layers to remove while remaining compliant with local laws and common decency.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.

domhal posted:

A bit of a Daily Mail question, but what good options are there for small civic buildings (e.g. primary schools, libraries)? Brick and mortar, slate roof, and plaster ceilings? Bish bosh simple, lasts forever.

construction type is not really the problem, more the way it's going to be put up by people buying the cheapest possible materials and employing the lowest skilled labour with a strong profit motive to not meet and then easily dodge the incredibly poo poo building regulations and then these buildings are maintained by people who profit the most from performing as little actual work as they can

it's a whole complex ecosystem of grift

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Been running 5-10Ks in New York all this week in 30C+ and high humidity and it feels insane. Didn't know my eyeballs could sweat like that

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

His Divine Shadow posted:

I hadn't noticed any extreme weather personally, except a lot of rain. Hate it.

love living in a log cabin in the woods
'ate rain
simple as.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

History Comes Inside! posted:

Honestly even 20 is pushing it, but I fully accept that’s my own problem as I live in shorts and a t-shirt 365 days a year, so when it gets particularly spicy I’m already out of layers to remove while remaining compliant with local laws and common decency.

I thought it was legal to be naked in public in great britaine.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

Brendan Rodgers posted:

I thought it was legal to be naked in public in great britaine.

Despite what british political cartoons might have you believe,

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
We do have streams of poo poo fountaining everywhere though.

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Nothingtoseehere posted:

Typical for Greece to be measuring their daily rainfall in metres this time of year.

https://twitter.com/WxNB_/status/1699048205093109851

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Failed Imagineer posted:

Been running 5-10Ks in New York all this week in 30C+ and high humidity and it feels insane. Didn't know my eyeballs could sweat like that

Those are called tears OP

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

History Comes Inside! posted:

I’m sort of the opposite. I hate wearing clothes but also cannot stand being cold so have to spend a lot of time too clothed. Summer comes round and I can whip out the vest and shorts. After a few beers even the vest isn’t necessary in some circumstances. I’m a SADboi so I attribute this to vitamin D deficiency rather than misplaced vanity or loutishness

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Clyde Radcliffe posted:

Typical for Greece to be measuring their daily rainfall in metres this time of year.

In Greece the natural cycle is for everything to catch fire and then drown a month later.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

forkboy84 posted:

Those are called tears OP

That would explain why all those repressed memories of my childhood were unlocked as well. Dang humidity

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/StevePowers_/status/1699000605199466998

:guillotine:

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Is it really a conspiracy when it happens completely in the open?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Clyde Radcliffe posted:

Your own
Personal
Venice

Somewhere to sail down streets
And post that as tweets

Reach out and grab fish

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Failed Imagineer posted:

Is it really a conspiracy when it happens completely in the open?
They never claimed to have been any good at it.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

A Conspiracy of Cravens

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-66718165

quote:

Nitrous oxide: Laughing gas to be illegal by end of year

Laughing gas will be categorised as a class C drug and made illegal by the end of the year, the UK government has announced.

The government initially announced its plan to ban nitrous oxide earlier this year as part of a plan to tackle anti-social behaviour, but on Tuesday set out new details of the law change.

It said those found in unlawful possession of the drug could face up to two years in prison or an unlimited fine, with up to 14 years for supply or production.

However, there will be exemptions for legitimate uses of nitrous oxide, for example in medical or catering industries. The gas is commonly used as a painkiller and for producing whipped cream in cooking.

The government's decision to make possession a crime goes against recommendations from the Advisory Council on the Misuse of Drugs, which advised against new laws to ban nitrous oxide.

It said a ban would be disproportionate with the amount of harm linked to the gas.

And last week health experts also warned the government against a ban, saying it could stop users seeking medical help.

Yet more drugs policy that goes against evidence and logic...

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Can't believe someone would admit to breathing air

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

fuctifino posted:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-66718165

Yet more drugs policy that goes against evidence and logic...
At least the article finally admits that there's a legitimate analgesic use alongside whipped cream.

I wonder if they'll start going after the drug terrorist statues

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

What difference will it make? When I bought it 15 years ago to inhale I did so under the guise of wanting to make whipped cream since they weren't allowed to sell it for inhalation. Now it'll be legal provided you carry a pot of whipping cream too?

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

I don't think this is particularly a smoking gun in itself, she just says she wanted people to think he was an antisemite and told the media that a lot. it's quite possible she actually believes both that it's true and she was doing good important work exposing the evil jam man

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Sir Sidney Poitier posted:

What difference will it make? When I bought it 15 years ago to inhale I did so under the guise of wanting to make whipped cream since they weren't allowed to sell it for inhalation. Now it'll be legal provided you carry a pot of whipping cream too?

New scourge of "creaming" has taken hold of the nation's youth

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Sir Sidney Poitier posted:

It will save the youth from the scourge of Ninja Turtles and curvy forrin swords all over again. The dangerous and exotic influence of Joseph Priestley, Humphrey Davy, Thomas Beddoes, and James Watt shall not be allowed to infect are children unless they happen to be carrying a yogurt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Yeah, ignore the clickbait text with that vid, as it's not exactly a secret what she and the other cunts did.

I was just amazed that she was up on a pedestal like that and drunkenly boasting about what she did with pride.

I wanted to type something about ignoring the text when I made my post, but all I could type was <something> <something> <something> <in minecraft> which I abbreviated to a :guillotine: