Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

The Oldest Man posted:

all you guys thinking its space batman when its just this guy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzYeUPzevLc

oh my loving god it really is a mantis reference isnt it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Al! posted:

oh my loving god it really is a mantis reference isnt it

we have batman at home

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Whirling posted:

there's a lot of people mad about landing/takeoff in Starfield being a cutscene and not something you actually do, but I feel like you'd have to be a complete pervert to actually want to go through that kind of tedium every loving time you want to do anything, especially in regards to landing.

im the complete pervert because its my ship baby, built it with my own two thumbsticks. of course i want constant glory shots of my baby. only one that i dont like is the docking one, because you dont get to see your sex motorcycle starship

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

wow starfield has one of the most insanely bad intros I've ever seen. the whole sequence from start to getting the spaceship is incredibly embarrassing

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Top 5 things I feel like are just dipped that they should not have done:
1. The boost pack skill is absolutely mandatory given that theres no space car and i cant believe they gate it and make you do a bunch of skill challenges and dump 4 levels into it before traversal becomes even slightly tolerable
2. are you kidding me with these skills that just give you access to outpost buildings
3. unable to craft med packs or ammo.
4. cant upgrade a gun with good mods and legendary effects to the better prefix tiers (eg you get a sweet shotgun but its not Advanced so you cant ever improve it and its deprecated by any white item from your own level once you hit 25 or so)
5. ship creator has parts locked to specific locations that you cant buy for your outpost construction pad or otherwise 'bank' so you have to shuttle between five locations over and over if you want to have all the most interesting bits, particularly since these bits are largely cosmetic like cool lookin' hab or bridge idgi; plus you cant pick where doors and ladders go, no stairs, and if you modify a ship anything you had loose inside it goes into storage so you cant really live in a ship and decorate it unless you never modify it again what the f

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

my experience with fallout 4 taught me that the game is simply going to let you craft better guns then youll ever find

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Whirling posted:

there's a lot of people mad about landing/takeoff in Starfield being a cutscene and not something you actually do, but I feel like you'd have to be a complete pervert to actually want to go through that kind of tedium every loving time you want to do anything, especially in regards to landing.

I see we are at the "actually everyone who expected a basic feature multiple games handle in interesting and fun ways is a freak pervert" point in the cycle and I've got to agree. It's a great game and the haters are probably all degenerates. In fact I know they are.

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
better just to assume that none of the spaceflight could ever be compelling than to bother with all that pesky gameplay poo poo

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

The Oldest Man posted:

Top 5 things I feel like are just dipped that they should not have done:
1. The boost pack skill is absolutely mandatory given that theres no space car and i cant believe they gate it and make you do a bunch of skill challenges and dump 4 levels into it before traversal becomes even slightly tolerable
2. are you kidding me with these skills that just give you access to outpost buildings
4. cant upgrade a gun with good mods and legendary effects to the better prefix tiers (eg you get a sweet shotgun but its not Advanced so you cant ever improve it and its deprecated by any white item from your own level once you hit 25 or so)
5. ship creator has parts locked to specific locations that you cant buy for your outpost construction pad or otherwise 'bank' so you have to shuttle between five locations over and over if you want to have all the most interesting bits, particularly since these bits are largely cosmetic like cool lookin' hab or bridge idgi; plus you cant pick where doors and ladders go, no stairs, and if you modify a ship anything you had loose inside it goes into storage so you cant really live in a ship and decorate it unless you never modify it again what the f

okay but what if you could pay $50 for a dlc that adds a sapient NFT who gives you the schematics to make antigonorrhea missiles to protect your bitcoin farms?

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Gumball Gumption posted:

I see we are at the "actually everyone who expected a basic feature multiple games handle in interesting and fun ways is a freak pervert" point in the cycle and I've got to agree. It's a great game and the haters are probably all degenerates. In fact I know they are.

You need to play some fortnite and chill out friend :cheersbird:

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

found new alien life and when it got mad at me for getting too close for a scan, as I ran away to avoid conflict, the stupid robot sidekick started blasting while saying wity dialogue. absolute DISGRACE

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Al! posted:

my experience with fallout 4 taught me that the game is simply going to let you craft better guns then youll ever find

the best gun to find in starfield is an advanced something with a low fire rate and high damage/accuracy (so its ammo efficient) with one of the common ammo types like 7.77 or 15x25 and an elemental effect. doesnt matter what mods it has on it because you can change those yourself. an advanced beowulf or breach with a special prefix is probably the best drop in the whole game.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

The Oldest Man posted:

btw if you are having ammo problems and arent using a gun with the Advanced prefix, it's a you problem

I got an advanced handcannon and it completely changed my spec to big gun toting gunslinger.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

It's funny how the grendel and beowulf use the same ammo type but the beowulf of a given tier deals i think 12x the damage per round like there are so many trap guns that just run you out of ammo instantly because the base weapon damage is bad and fire rate in this game is the enemy

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

they should really make another armored core game. many people want more robots, robot parts, and robots to shoot, but they don't have them. it's tragic

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Jokerpilled Drudge posted:

better just to assume that none of the spaceflight could ever be compelling than to bother with all that pesky gameplay poo poo

they shouldve done what every game dev does when they run into a problem that they cant solve

make it a qte minigame

SomethingBeautiful
Oct 22, 2008

Some celestial event. No- no words. No words to describe it. Poetry! They should have sent a poet. So beautiful. So beautiful... I had no idea

FrancisFukyomama posted:

someone should leak the script of van buren so we can finally get a large scale fallout mod that isn’t horribly written by virtue of all the writing having been already done by non mod makers

I think most of the van buren ideas ended up in that fallout bible thing, I dunno if there was a full script for it. A fair amount of it got repurposed for new vegas iirc

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

The Oldest Man posted:

the best gun to find in starfield is an advanced something with a low fire rate and high damage/accuracy (so its ammo efficient) with one of the common ammo types like 7.77 or 15x25 and an elemental effect. doesnt matter what mods it has on it because you can change those yourself. an advanced beowulf or breach with a special prefix is probably the best drop in the whole game.

i havent been having the ammo problem so far. sure ill run out on my favorite guns but ive been pretty dilligent with spending my credits on my ammo at every vendor that i can. im also limiting myself to a couple of guns per sortee, for inventory management sanity and selling off any surplus ammo i pick up

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

lol what the hell armored core 4 & 5 are only playable on xbox 360/ps3 and they all cost over $100

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
rpcs3 costs no dollars

Norton
Feb 18, 2006

i appreciate the sexless world... but its funny when they try to depict a city's dirty hedonistic under belly and the most sinful thing they can come up with is some dumpy teletubbies

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
lmfao

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!

Nonsense posted:

It should be international law cheats must be built-in and prohibit time limiting effects

yeah the EU should get on this. seems like they're the only ones who will force tech companies to do anything positive for (western) consumers

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Al! posted:

i havent been having the ammo problem so far. sure ill run out on my favorite guns but ive been pretty dilligent with spending my credits on my ammo at every vendor that i can. im also limiting myself to a couple of guns per sortee, for inventory management sanity and selling off any surplus ammo i pick up

you can easily keep yourself in ammo by blowing all your money on it but its easy to save money by just never selling ammo at all and having a couple guns that deal high per-shot damage and use a common ammo type

Norton posted:

i appreciate the sexless world... but its funny when they try to depict a city's dirty hedonistic under belly and the most sinful thing they can come up with is some dumpy teletubbies

and yet you can sell black tar heroin to a guy in the basement of the same city

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Norton posted:

its because they represent the guy who run's neons specific tastes

pink noise
Jun 24, 2022
another funny thing about guns is how they're part of an enemy's hitbox. you can't hide pirate boss man, i will never stop plinking

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Norton posted:

some fuckin no-go dancers lol

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!

The Oldest Man posted:

lol what

The Oldest Man posted:

having played Skyrim fairly recently this sort of inventory and upgrade micromanagement seems like something Bethesda enjoys putting in their games. I wonder why

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

The Oldest Man posted:

you can easily keep yourself in ammo by blowing all your money on it but its easy to save money by just never selling ammo at all and having a couple guns that deal high per-shot damage and use a common ammo type

im trying to play it less like skyrim or fallout where you sit on giant piles of gold like smaug just in case you need it and spending all my money on things like ammo, mats, a sweet gun i found, some spaceship parts etc. my bank account frequently runs dry in this game because theres actually poo poo to spend money on. mostly in those games the only reason to stockpile large amounts of gold/caps is for player housing but theres just so much poo poo to buy here

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Lpzie posted:

found new alien life and when it got mad at me for getting too close for a scan, as I ran away to avoid conflict, the stupid robot sidekick started blasting while saying wity dialogue. absolute DISGRACE

Why do companions aggro passive enemies lol

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Hatebag posted:

they should really make another armored core game. many people want more robots, robot parts, and robots to shoot, but they don't have them. it's tragic

typically they make at least 2 per number in the series, but we shall see. i definitely hope so though.

elden ring dlc next year? its cool that From seems to have two A teams, fingers crossed

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Can you leave companions on the ship and do they still sense when you do something they do not like?

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator
Fuckin AC6 owns. Feels like Mechiro: Cores Boost Twice.

Finally had a chance to gently caress around with it on the weekend and cleared chapter 1. After dying to balteus probably 50+ times i entered into a zen state of emptiness, and, having already died 1000 times in my mind, I defeated the perifideous machine :hehe:

I then immediately lost to the first new chump in the arena and called it a night lol

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Communist Thoughts posted:

typically they make at least 2 per number in the series, but we shall see. i definitely hope so though.

elden ring dlc next year? its cool that From seems to have two A teams, fingers crossed

i think it's plausible they could have the elden ring dlc out in time for xmas but all i want is
robots
Robots
ROBOTS

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

drat horror queefs posted:

Fuckin AC6 owns. Feels like Mechiro: Cores Boost Twice.

Finally had a chance to gently caress around with it on the weekend and cleared chapter 1. After dying to balteus probably 50+ times i entered into a zen state of emptiness, and, having already died 1000 times in my mind, I defeated the perifideous machine :hehe:

What gear did you use when beating him?

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

Gumball Gumption posted:

Actually I change my mind, this action RPG would be really improved if I had to spend three minutes to dock with any space station or land without killing myself. I've become the biggest freak alive, somebody stop me

Risutora
Dec 28, 2006

almost done with the third loop of ac6 and its easily my goty so far, which is pretty crazy considering how many great games theres been this year. the slomo on ac kills just never gets old

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Risutora posted:

almost done with the third loop of ac6 and its easily my goty so far, which is pretty crazy considering how many great games theres been this year. the slomo on ac kills just never gets old

hell yeah the slow mo is awesome. every time it hits i burst up to the dead enemy kicking and firing all my weapons, setting off the assault armor burst and yelling

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

Ytlaya posted:

What gear did you use when beating him?

Bubble gun, starting sword, a couple of basic missile launchers. Was using the initial loadout parts aside from reverse legs and the 2nd gen booster/generator.

I could have maybe restarted the level to change my gear more but then I'd have to refight the miniboss and I didn't want to lol. Sunk cost fallacy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

drat horror queefs posted:

Bubble gun, starting sword, a couple of basic missile launchers. Was using the initial loadout parts aside from reverse legs and the 2nd gen booster/generator.

I could have maybe restarted the level to change my gear more but then I'd have to refight the miniboss and I didn't want to lol. Sunk cost fallacy

That's pretty impressive then! I think the most common build for beating him is a heavier AC with double bubble guns and some sort of very high DPS weapons on the shoulders (in my case two of the giant laser cannons).

It helps that your main weapons were good for taking down his shield, but the lower DPS from just having basic missile launchers probably made it a lot tougher (with big heavy weapons you can take him down in phase 2 after knocking out his shield just once, before it comes back up).