Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Technically if you build your dacha using soldiers who bribed you to be reassigned from the front some small portion of it is still going yo the troops, if only in graft when they "buy supplies" to build the dacha with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Using octane over 89 is a clear sign that you are a kulak and must be sent to the front

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Using octane over 89 is a clear sign that you are a kulak and must be sent to the front
87 is the true octane level of the proletariat

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Octane numbers between US and Europe can't be compared directly. 95 is about 90~91 US.

Which still means that the garbage tier gasoline is premium in the US but hey, we run tiny boosted 4-bangers give us a break

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Sashimi posted:

Post/avatar combo working well here

Philonius
Jun 12, 2005

spankmeister posted:

Octane numbers between US and Europe can't be compared directly. 95 is about 90~91 US.

Which still means that the garbage tier gasoline is premium in the US but hey, we run tiny boosted 4-bangers give us a break

Like in food, the quality is lower in the US but you get a lot more of it.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

Cable Guy posted:

Wonder who's visiting...

https://globe.adsbexchange.com/?icao=ae115d

Landed now in Eastern Poland.

Polands big defence expo is on right now, and the USA is a major partner.

SquirrelGrip fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Sep 5, 2023

Rivethead
Feb 22, 2008

Philonius posted:

Like in food, the quality is lower in the US but you get a lot more of it.

Like in food, the quality is lower in the US but you get a lot more of it and Cheaper.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Revive the trabant Putin. It's the only way to :heritage:

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

spankmeister posted:

Japanese and Korean cars manage to have small, efficient engines, but don't require RON-95.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

The_Franz posted:

Japanese and Korean cars manage to have small, efficient engines, but don't require RON-95.

That's because they detune them to run on lovely gas. In EU they require 95.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Remember to run your tank near empty once a year and fill up with 98! Gives the engine such as fuel injectors for example a bit of a clean out.

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

https://twitter.com/KevinRothrock/status/1699093272893837466?s=20

Putin is an antisemitic piece of poo poo.

Mr Lanternfly
Jun 26, 2023
Putin cannot conceive of an election that isn't rigged.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

How dare you replace my puppet ruler with a non-puppet?? Perfidious ukrainians!!

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
The "West" pulled a real long-con by installing a pro-peace, russian-speaking Jewish president

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

According to the Tankie Times Russia has the freest elections in the world.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

According to the Tankie Times Russia has the freest elections in the world.

It's true, you're free to vote for Putin as many times as you'd like

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

The mental gymnastics to """"explain"""" how ThE wEsT installed Zelensky to hide Nazis in Ukraine (:wtc:) combined with the awkward pauses where he's probably concentrating on not losing control of his bowels sure is something.

And then he drops this bombshell:

loving incredible.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

E:
Emotional support bayraktar

mobby_6kl fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Sep 5, 2023

zone
Dec 6, 2016

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

The mental gymnastics to """"explain"""" how ThE wEsT installed Zelensky to hide Nazis in Ukraine (:wtc:) combined with the awkward pauses where he's probably concentrating on not losing control of his bowels sure is something.

And then he drops this bombshell:

loving incredible.

How would monke even know anything about what happens on the Internet? he and most of the other old fossils don't even use it, or even use computers

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

Tai posted:

Remember to run your tank near empty once a year and fill up with 98! Gives the engine such as fuel injectors for example a bit of a clean out.

This is untrue.

Higher octane gas lets an engine design get higher compression without knocking, and that's about it.

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

Sashimi posted:

me filling up my GTI is praxis actually

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

zone posted:

How would monke even know anything about what happens on the Internet? he and most of the other old fossils don't even use it, or even use computers

His staff told him of course!

DiomedesGodshill
Feb 21, 2009

Dwesa posted:

Shahed drone allegedly fell and exploded in Romania

https://twitter.com/KyivPost/status/1698618276329161124

Edit: but maybe it didn't happen

https://twitter.com/KyivIndependent/status/1698642628596695469

I also saw this, but I don't think it's 100% conclusive. Although it really looks like something crash landed (shot down?) on the Romanian side of the river.

https://twitter.com/auditor_ya/status/1698843081326387508/photo/1

thekeeshman
Feb 21, 2007
https://euromaidanpress.com/2023/09...n-armed-drones/

quote:

Frontline report: Depletion of Russian air defense in southern Ukraine opens doors for Ukrainian armed drones

Frequent Ukrainian strikes on Russian air defense systems in occupied Crimea and Kherson Oblast allow Ukraine to use drones freely, including Turkish Bayraktar TB-2 armed drones.

Anecdotally based on footage that's been popping up on Twitter lately this seems to be true, if so it's really incredible that the Russians can't stop the Ukrainians from flying pretty conspicuous drones around. If it's safe for the Bayraktars it might be getting safer for Ukrainian manned aircraft as well, in which case the F-16s can't arrive soon enough.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Seems like Russia is more concerned about drones crashing into the Kremlin than crashing into the depots of all their hospital and school destroying missiles and personnel thereof.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Speaking of Bayraktar's. Has the attrition of AAD in the south started making a dent? I'm seeing a bunch of new TB-2 videos blowing stuff up, and I thought those needed to operate without significant AAD.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Oscar Wilde Bunch posted:

Speaking of Bayraktar's. Has the attrition of AAD in the south started making a dent? I'm seeing a bunch of new TB-2 videos blowing stuff up, and I thought those needed to operate without significant AAD.

Ukraine's been popping air defense almost as much as they've been hitting artillery so yeah that's a reasonable conclusion

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

They're pulling AA out of Ukraine and moving it back to Russia. Aswell as taking it from. The far East and moving it towards western Russia.

Yes the tb-2s don't do well and aren't cost effective in an AA rich environment. So Russia is feeling the strain. Especially as Ukraine has just opened up their target radius to 500+ KM. (And are working on 1200KM ranged missiles)

Which means Russia is literally going to need to blanket itself with AA.

I remember when the free Russian army rolled in and the first thing the rosgvardia did was wheel the buks out of town. A little sign of how badly they need to keep the AA working.

Burns
May 10, 2008

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr posted:

His staff told him of course!

It was probably Elon.

Tuna-Fish
Sep 13, 2017

The_Franz posted:

They don't do 200km/h on the autobahn in Japan and Korea.

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

They're pulling AA out of Ukraine and moving it back to Russia. Aswell as taking it from. The far East and moving it towards western Russia.

Yes the tb-2s don't do well and aren't cost effective in an AA rich environment. So Russia is feeling the strain. Especially as Ukraine has just opened up their target radius to 500+ KM. (And are working on 1200KM ranged missiles)

Which means Russia is literally going to need to blanket itself with AA.

I remember when the free Russian army rolled in and the first thing the rosgvardia did was wheel the buks out of town. A little sign of how badly they need to keep the AA working.

Evidence that a bunch of pundits saying "sending small drones into Moscow is useless" was a bad take. Putin definitely wants Moscow residents to feel like nothing is happening outside the city, so he's willing to blanket everything there with Pantsirs instead of keeping them on the frontline. Internal propaganda is more important than military capability.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Raku posted:

It's true, you're free to vote for Putin as many times as you'd like

One man, one vote

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

If TB-2s can operate effectively that is a very promising sign.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvrLN__p2bs

lmao this is just sad

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
nice dacha natasha shame if something lit it on fire

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Tucker as Grimm crowd.

Adbot