Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

death cob for cutie posted:

Has anyone been using vehicles with Real Ruins? The sites it generates on the map seem to totally gently caress up vehicles - they spawn in the exit zone around the map, and they refuse to move from it.

Now I'm having even more issues; I approach a quest site with a vehicle and I enter and then immediately leave. I can't re-enter for 24 hours because it's "too dangerous". Also now having issues with Set Up Camp - I try to set up a camp via transport pod, and map generation just completely fails and boots me back to the main menu. Wild!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

metasynthetic
Dec 2, 2005

in one moment, Earth

in the next, Heaven

Megamarm
Real Ruins is such a cool sounding mod but every time I've tried it it's always been a janky mess. I personally wouldn't run it unless you're running a fairly vanilla setup with little to no content mods.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Carcer posted:

Its a MAD satchel charge, so yes sort of. A raider came with it on the literal first raid of that of that game and I kept it locked faaaaaaaar away from my colony until that fateful day.

Snake person riding a ripper hound from Alpha Animals. That save was before biotech and genes, but I would have killed for a spider person and honestly still would.

Ripper hounds are such good boys I love whenever some show up to tame

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
The problem with Real Ruins is that all you're ever going to find when one pops is blatant cheater bases. The kind of place with a field of steam geysers all next to each other and tens of millions of silver of wealth in Stuff. It doesn't matter when it happens, if you go to an Abandoned Base event when it pops, you're going to walk away hilariously better off than you were when it started, and that really removes the fun from exploring these mega bases.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE
There's also a kind of feedback loop with Real Ruins where someone builds a base, the next person finds it and grabs the vanometric cells because that's the best bang for buck for pretty much any colony, which means more vanometric cells for the next guy, and soon you have bases powered purely off massive banks of what's supposed to be a rare quest reward.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I want to say the very first ruin I ever went to had like 26 of the drat vanometric cells in a single room.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Yeah, when I loaded in to the starting map, there was a chamber of something like fifty of the makeshift fuses from RT Fuses

which deconstruct into a component a piece

e: now I've disabled real ruins and now I can't even generate a new colony, how did I gently caress up this badly

ee: it looks like Vanilla Expanded Framework ate poo poo with its latest patch, a lot of people are having issues with it per Steam

death cob for cutie fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Sep 5, 2023

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

I uninstalled Real Ruins because every ruin I visited was basically trash, weird

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Kanos posted:

I've played on the highest default difficulty setting for years, albeit heavily modded, and I don't use numbered work priorities. :v:

Meanwhile I can't play without the mod that gives you 9 priority levels instead of just 4

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

ABen posted:

:mods:

To clarify, you do at least use the off/on checks, right?

I'm not sure I could live without the priorities - even if it doesn't do much, it makes me feel like I'm making a difference.

I do micromanage on/off checks religiously.

Basically, years ago when I was learning to play, I would manage the numerical priorities and get extremely frustrated with pawns still not prioritizing the work I wanted them to even if I had it set to high priority, so I just said gently caress it and stopped bothering and now just manually toggle jobs on/off as needed. I much prefer the binary "will not waste time hauling/cleaning/whatever under any circumstances" of the job being turned off rather than it being set to low priority and them sometimes doing it when I want them doing something else more important.

I also just like the simple "on/off" toggle instead of having to click multiple times on each job whenever I want to adjust work schedules, especially once I have 10-15 pawns.

Kanos fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Sep 5, 2023

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

If a pawn isn't doing a job despite it being higher priority than other jobs, then it's because they can't do that job, and they'll still not do it even if you disable those other job types. The numerical priority is not a request, it's a hard requirement; if Grow is 2 and Mine is 4, the pawn will always do Grow jobs, and it will never Mine until all Grow tasks are complete. If you feel like they should be doing a specific Grow job but they're mining anyway then there's a reason for it; they lack sufficient skill, they can't get to the tile, it's too cold outside, etc.

Hauling and cleaning is the opposite of a waste of time; if those are at the bottom of your priority list but are getting done anyway then it's because the pawn has nothing more important to do. Would you really prefer that pawn do nothing?

metasynthetic
Dec 2, 2005

in one moment, Earth

in the next, Heaven

Megamarm
Not using numeric priorities sounds like crazy talk to me. I use the mod that gives you 10 priority levels and tweaking 1 or 2 points here and there across all my pawns absolutely makes it possible to find a sweet spot where I no longer feel the need to further manually prioritize things outside of emergencies. Granted, I do feel like you need about 10 pawns in ordinary circumstances to get to this point so that's at least midgame for most runs probably.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

When I get a new pawn that's probably the only time that I'll ever have to look at their job priorities. 1 for all of the typical stuff that I want done immediately (firefighting, healing), 2 for things that I want the pawn to do primarily, 3 for less important tasks (e.g. a pawn that primarily cooks but has a passion for Plants might have Grow set to 3). I use 4 just so that I can force a pawn to occasionally do something; a pawn with 3 in Medical isn't a good doctor, but I might give them a priority of 4 so that they can be forced to tend enemies at the end of a big fight, or other colonists if it's a real emergency.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
This is a habit I developed in the alpha when the game was very different and substantially buggier, so it's probably not really accurate or optimal to how the game plays now.

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

Ok yeah if you’re microing checks on and off you’re basically simulating what a good work priority setup gives you.

loving wild though, holy poo poo. Next we need one poster who queues up manual commands for every single pawn’s every single action!

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

LonsomeSon posted:

loving wild though, holy poo poo. Next we need one poster who queues up manual commands for every single pawn’s every single action!

this is functionally what multiplayer mod folks do. each player takes control of a specific pawn as their avatar.

metasynthetic
Dec 2, 2005

in one moment, Earth

in the next, Heaven

Megamarm
im over here setting my psychopath pawns' Haul sub-priorities for body burying to be at a 4 out of 9 just to make extra sure my other guys who would be bummed to see dead bodies are having nice thoughts. am i the crazy one here

metasynthetic fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Sep 5, 2023

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

metasynthetic posted:

im over here setting my psychopath pawns' Haul sub-priorities for body burying to be at a 4 out of 9 just to make extra sure my other guys who would be bummed to see dead bodies are having nice thoughts. am i the crazy one here

Yeah, you're the crazy one for not taking Pain is Virtue. :v:

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

metasynthetic posted:

Kanos is the weird one here, acting out a response to how the game was the better part of a decade ago, but they’re also aware of it.

If you have the patience to use a mod which breaks the work categories out into individual tasks, then you are rewarded with control over work so fine that only your Corpse Boyz ever have to deal with death.

The two basic goals for all this stuff are maximizing pawn labor time, especially for skilled pawns, vs travel time and then to maximize moods as much as possible, and you’re fully achieving the latter.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

metasynthetic posted:

Nah that's my poo poo too and I am mentally deranged and unwell.

Wait this maybe wasn't the reassurance you're looking for

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Drone_Fragger posted:

lmao at caring about what your pawns think about each other. social fights are like the easiest way to train medical skill over time. Let your pawns have a punch up, assuming they're not Neanderthals fighting someone immune to pain or something they'll be fine.

idk i had some normal dudes and one time literally every square of the research lab was soaked in multiple pools of blood. Some of these dudes can just instantly obliterate body parts in one kung fu strike. This was a 7x7 room covered in either steel or sterile tile, fuckin blood ocean, fully vanilla.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
The Dwarf Fortress inspiration in this game is when someone can punch someone else so hard the body part they hit collapses into gore. Note that also like DF, this will not work in your favor against invaders.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Leal posted:

The Dwarf Fortress inspiration in this game is when someone can punch someone else so hard the body part they hit collapses into gore. Note that also like DF, this will not work in your favor against invaders.

:hai: Your chromed up masochist will be able to punch someone so hard they explode, but only in a social fight because the other guy made fun of his haircut. When enemies arrive then Mr Jensen couldn't hit the ground with an antigrain. (Conversely a raider gang won't give each other worse than bruises, but a blind 9 year old with a hook hand will manage to fire a doomsday rocket on the single line of pixels needed to thread through two embrasures and an open door, to detonate in the single most devastating tile for you on the planet.)

metasynthetic
Dec 2, 2005

in one moment, Earth

in the next, Heaven

Megamarm
I still won't install power claws or any other melee bionics beyond a basic bionic arm, just from social fights being too drat lethal in previous versions. I notice all the damage inflicted lately seems to be headbutts and 'human teeth' now so I guess they won't use their murder arms for bar brawls anymore?

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

Bites in social fights can easily destroy eyes or noses, and I’ve lost plenty of fingers to social fights between meat pawns.

The cost of letting that poo poo just go on is steep with the lost work to recovery time, and it gets worse anytime something comes off of someone.

Carcer
Aug 7, 2010
Another cost of social fights is that your guys are suddenly much easier to kill/incapacitate when a raid rolls around. Even a few points of damage on a part can turn a critical but survivable hit into instant death or amputation.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo
I'm stuck playing on x1 speed because my TPS has dropped below 180 and x2 speed, the previous point, is no longer unattainable. Apart from planning to buy myself a brand new CPU and to max out my motherboard's capacity with the best RAM money can buy, i'm not sure what to do. Time for another colony tour for a sec before I try to troubleshoot this.

LAST TIME ON DRAGONBALL Z

TheWeedNumber posted:

Bird's eye view

Primary killing field

Moats slow them down severely while the north west corner of the walls are embrasures, which will allow three double autocannon turrets, the mini turret bunkers, and the manned bunkers to shoot dudes crossing the bridge over. Soldiers in the trench shoot it up while melee troops hang out behind the APC and the tank to charge in should anyone actually locse the distance.

Bugtrap/a good view of the western half of the base. The strip mined area tends to attract bugs because of the Infestations spawn in darkness mod (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2017514331)

I'm using dubs bad hygiene for once so we can see the factory floor, which handles yayo production, steel production, component production, medicine production, and chemfuel production (theres a factory building that turns corpses into chemfuel). The barracks are clearly visible as is the hospital and the hydroponics bay. Let's take a look at some other things.

Animals are shoved into a room and fed off of nutrient paste. We got chickens, radyaks (uranium production) and devilsheep (lowlevel devilstrand production for bionic eyes). The workshop produces everything I need and the storeroom has decent capacity though its been known to overflow. You can also see the classroom and the lab, as well as the kitchen/water storage/pumping off to the side. Also there is one poor gently caress in a draincasket to keep the bloodbank stocked.

Hospital/Factory/Etc.

The hospital works off of connected beds (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2957904090) which are basically super hospital beds hooked into the hygiene, hemogen, and nutrient past network. Each bed has a surgical lamp and instruments table off to the side, and every two beds benefit from a vitals monitor and a IV drip station. Bionics are stored here as well as medicine and hemogen

Kitchen, generator room, water storage/pump room/chemfuel production/food storage/prison/primary and secondary barracks/rec room (partial)

Most of this is pretty self explanatory. Since free love is a thing we have a mod that solves the poly issue (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2572109781). Prison setup is pretty simple: if they break out, they run into a buncha dudes in the rec room or in the base and get punched out.

Better look at rec room/reactor/hydroponics bay.

The room that's being mined out will become a second factory room. Need more space for things tbqh.

Massive corn field and poo poo, as well as garage door out of base.

If it can't be grown via hydroponics, it gets grown out here. Ez pz. Turrets are set up covering the walls to discourage sappers from breaching. All walls are rebar concrete citadel walls from the fortifications industrial citadel mod. All doors on those walls are rebar concrete armored doors. And we have the helixian gas pump to run the hydroponics sun lamps. ez pz.

We recently completed a three star mechanoid raid by hitting them with rocket artillery and rolling up with tanks, APCs, and "unwavering loyal" slave soldiers in warcaskets (the only good imperial is a entombed imperial....unless they convert. Apart from the archers we are at 38 colonists, including a newbor and six children. Choate, Jenessa, and Bright all have confirmed kills, mainly on mechanoids and bugs by manning the frontline bunkers. That said we got raided once and were short folks and Jenessa/Kalleris banged out with masterwork/legendary service rifles in the trench. I try to keep the kids out of direct combat but they can man crew served weapons. This is Razor Company after all. Everyone fights, there are no pacifists here.

Upgrading the frontline with more double autocannon turrets, uranium slug turrets, and shield generators. I'm also moving the trenchline in front of the guns because we will be switching to gauss weaponry after everyone' gets put into Marine armor.

Singles Squad Bay next to the radyak pen

This handles my deep chem refining/neutroamine and hyperweave production via vanilla expanded/adjacent production cycles. The old factory has been decomissioned for the most part as we're going full Project Rim Factory apart from legacy mechanoid factories like the plasteel assembler. Those two drills mine everything from steel, marble chunks, to eltex. Animal pen is now fed via replimat. That's right baby, we got star trek replicators here.

Initial primary and secondary Barracks have been converted to poly couple rooms because gently caress if im gonna care whose getting married/seeing who. Currently looking to improve TPS counts by reducing the stacks of items my game has to track. In this case, this means smoothed stone floors aren't good enough and we're doing fine tiled marble. Nuclear reactor room close up is next.

I'm gonna get a third reactor set up because I shudder to think of what will happen to my base when this fucker needs refueling. Either that or one hell of a battery setup. See this building i got selected? Its a Project Rimfactory revived thing that works with Rimatomics. None of my dudes will EVER set foot in the reactor room unless poo poo has gone south. We got drones for that. Two io ports, one feeds new fuel rods to the reactor, the other is a input and takes spent fuel rods over to the storage pool.

What used to require entire factory floors full of buildings has been reduced to two, maybe three buildings. Thank you adaptive assemblers. They get the recipe from a work bench via a Portable Recipe Database. That machine learns the recipe from the original production bench thats within its radius. It gets moved back to range of the adaptive assembler and the assembler gets to work on it. I use this for work that doesn't require quality. The assembler gets faster the longer it has to repeat the jobs. Rn Drug production and component fabrication (Advanced and Regular) are handled by those two assemblers. Oh and whiskey and tequila are being made in this room as well but that's only because I haven't bothered with replacing them yet.

The lab is packed lol but also sterile tiled now and sterile walled! Pump Room is working hard and produced biosolids for fertilization. Astryl hooked me up with the atelier mod https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2926292009&insideModal=0&requirelogin=1.

Basically if the workshop is super beautiful and specific to only one work bench, the quality has a chance of going up per item. We're already routinely producing masterwork/legendary gear thanks to Severin being the ideoligion's production specialist. This would help get other folks back in the game and allow me to have other good crafters producing weapons and armor, let alone art, that's as good or better than Severin's work. Don't think it has anything to do with Project Rim Factory's stuff but we'll see.

Anyway I got 2 of Rah's bionic benches, 3 of their advanced ones, and a fabrication bench manned by SAL Assembler Mk 2s. Two bionic benches are automated to produce bionics, one advanced medical station produced synthetic organs just incase, but the other two upgrade these bionics to advanced. And the fabrication bench produces poo poo like healing enhancers, coagulators, aesthetic mods, stoneskin glands (also the reason we're doing aesthetic mods). Colonists are rolling into the hospital in those connected beds and are getting turned into cyborgs at a hilariously fast rate. Its more annoying trying to figure out who DOESN'T have chrome.

The room where the magic happens. The little replimat terminal can be seen in the rec/dining room right by the door and in the prison cells. The left most prison is for the warcasket folks, the right most is for fresh intakes. Probably going to have to increase the space provided to the former. Anyway so dudes will eat ANYTHING they want off a replimat. The replimat can turn corpses or raw food product into feedstock. To control what they eat, you gotta roll into some menus.

Specifically this one. I set them to only eat gourmet everything and I'm gonna see if they'll replicate poo poo to take to their inventory like whiskey, vodka, gourmet cocktails, etc. The reason I got clued onto this is, leaving them to their devices, they will eat anything, not just the best stuff.

Dudes were eating mecha and rat cheese and I didn't know wtf.

Anyway that's today's base tour. I'll post later when I try to figure out wtf is happening with my save.

As a quick aside, I dropped in 16 colonists, including 3-4 warcasket dudes and did one of the deserter VFE plot missions. I always go for the heaviest resistance and did the second one, the petty praetor. We smoked 98 imperials to the loss of one enslaved soldier but the game kept crashing from trying to loot. It was very much slow mo mode at that point, even at x1 speed. And we're doing it with mainly extremely well crafted projectile weapons. Can't wait to see what Gauss will do for my dudes (apart from necessitate shield usage due to friendly fire concerns).

TheWeedNumber fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Sep 5, 2023

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

TheWeedNumber posted:

I'm stuck playing on x1 speed because my TPS has dropped below 180 and x2 speed, the previous point, is no longer unattainable. Apart from planning to buy myself a brand new CPU and to max out my motherboard's capacity with the best RAM money can buy, i'm not sure what to do. Time for another colony tour then.

some mods disproportionately tank your framerate for no good reason, so tools like Dubs Performance Analyzer can be useful for finding out which mods are causing issues and generally helps with optimizing your modlist

nessin
Feb 7, 2010
Coming back around to some more Rimworld and I realize I've played the game too much in one way. Specifically the high difficulty (even though I don't usually play losing is fun 500% style) turtle playstyle, but I honestly don't know how to do anything differently. I'm not much for aesthic colony building but I'd be curious to do a run where you don't depend upon raids for your steel (I usually play flat maps and quickly run out of local resources). Or how you'd get more than a couple dozen components if you can't trade for them, like in a tundra survival game where you can't reach a trading partner. Or maybe even go full on and try a nomadic game, the idea of having to try and move my settlement midgame is terrifying but I feel like I should try it before I really just assume it's something to never do.

That being said, I usually find my comfort zone in trying alternate ways to play a game by tracking down a video of someone doing it and emulating that until I feel comfortable branching out. But all the Rimworld videos I can find are based on what I'm used to, just turtle up behind an impenetrable kill box, smelt/sell everything you don't need and only do an occasional quest, usually not even involving a caravan. Anyone know of a video or series where they're not doing that?

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

silentsnack posted:

some mods disproportionately tank your framerate for no good reason, so tools like Dubs Performance Analyzer can be useful for finding out which mods are causing issues and generally helps with optimizing your modlist

gonna run that for sure

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

There’s a mod I can’t look at my mod list to see right now, something like Enemies Flee When Wounded, and it does that. As a raiding pawn gets more wounded they start rolling every time they get hit to decide they’d rather gently caress off and live. Pawns naturally will stop targeting them like they do a downed raider, so as raiders split off the remaining ones automatically come under heavier and heavier fire until the whole raid breaks. You can manually target a fleeing pawn if you want a shot at recruiting them, or their weapon.

It makes open-field engagements without a deliberately engineered killing field safer for your pawns, except for manhunters, bugs, and mechanoids. There’s another mod called I think Faction Resources which gives factions a score that determines how strong their map presence will be for an event, and fleeing pawns making it off the map refunds their individual cost into the pool. They work together to make the kind of combat the engine seems to have been intended for feel a lot better, but balanced against something for players who want the balance.

With that approach you can give yourself a lot more leeway for creative or aesthetic license in your town and its defenses, without taking on a ton of risk.

The Velvet Witch
Jul 24, 2017

"I don't have a "make better posts" spell, you're on your own."
This post honestly sells it for me, I've been thinking about adding those mods for the longest time lmao

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

nessin posted:

Coming back around to some more Rimworld and I realize I've played the game too much in one way. Specifically the high difficulty (even though I don't usually play losing is fun 500% style) turtle playstyle, but I honestly don't know how to do anything differently. I'm not much for aesthic colony building but I'd be curious to do a run where you don't depend upon raids for your steel (I usually play flat maps and quickly run out of local resources). Or how you'd get more than a couple dozen components if you can't trade for them, like in a tundra survival game where you can't reach a trading partner. Or maybe even go full on and try a nomadic game, the idea of having to try and move my settlement midgame is terrifying but I feel like I should try it before I really just assume it's something to never do.

That being said, I usually find my comfort zone in trying alternate ways to play a game by tracking down a video of someone doing it and emulating that until I feel comfortable branching out. But all the Rimworld videos I can find are based on what I'm used to, just turtle up behind an impenetrable kill box, smelt/sell everything you don't need and only do an occasional quest, usually not even involving a caravan. Anyone know of a video or series where they're not doing that?

i strongly recommend full nomad. if you play nomad in such a way that you get to spaceship tech you're never going to be scared of moving again. the basic loop is go into an area with a decent number of allies for trade opportunities, settle, stay for a year-ish to deplete their trade opportunities, and move on. the first time you settle will be a bit longer as you get the basics underneath you and do Corn Rain, but more or less once you get all the factions you can reach to Allied and you have both horses and muffalo, you should hit the road every time the local trade network is exhausted.

eventually nomads will settle down, it's the state of all things, but being able to grab what you need and scoot is a hugely beneficial skill, as is focused building. you will also gain a very keen appreciation for what you can trade for vs what you need to make on your own. like, good devilstrand gear you basically have to make, but you'd be amazed how little making good guns actually matters. get in good with outlander unions and you'll be able to find quality charge rifles early for the low, low price of a few thousand muffalo wool or horse meat.

Coolguye fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Sep 5, 2023

Red_Fred
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib
Why corn rain and not rice?

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Corn and rice have the same price IIRC, but corn has a much greater yield, even factoring in the growth time.

It's either that or corn is more expensive, I cannot remember which.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Rice and corn have similar yields per day, but rice requires a lot more pawn labor since you have to replant it all the time. Corn you plant and harvest once and get a big haul. If you don’t need food quickly corn requires a lot less work.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

death cob for cutie posted:

Corn and rice have the same price IIRC, but corn has a much greater yield, even factoring in the growth time.

It's either that or corn is more expensive, I cannot remember which.

Corn is the least effort crop but the least time effective so its great for planting a huge field of it once per year and harvesting it once, whereas with rice you would need to plant and harvest it three or four times to get the same value, which obviously has much more manpower usage.

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012
Until recently (break-up and a new introduction to the colony), every single one of my adult pawns was married to Ferdinand 'Harvey' Harris: a misogynistic tortured artist incapable of caring. Why does everyone like this guy! He doesn't even have an important role in the colony.

Just noticed that the pawn who broke up with him has been married, and broken up with every male colonist (of which there have been only three, but still).

Chatrapati fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Sep 5, 2023

Arcvasti
Jun 12, 2019

Never trust a bird.

Chatrapati posted:

Until recently (break-up and a new introduction to the colony), every single one of my adult pawns was married to Ferdinand 'Harvey' Harris: a misogynistic tortured artist incapable of caring. Why does everyone like this guy! He doesn't even have an important role in the colony.

The vanilla romance mechanics for Rimworld are actually insane, yes. To the point where the only mod I consider a must have is "Way Better Romance" or something similar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012

Arcvasti posted:

The vanilla romance mechanics for Rimworld are actually insane, yes. To the point where the only mod I consider a must have is "Way Better Romance" or something similar.

I'm using it, it's great! Still doesn't stop people from loving Harvey