Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Barudak posted:

Mike Evans to the some bastard rear end team that has never known sorrow so uh the Steelers I guess????

Send him to the patriots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole
Mike Evans is 30, and the Bucs don't seem like they'll be particularly good any time soon. Maybe in everyone's best interest to split?

Not that Evans really relied on pure speed, so he could be good a very long time like an Anquan Boldin, though.

Edit: Also, as a Panthers fan, id prefer to not see him make an embarrassment of our lovely secondary anymore. I'll never forgive CJ Henderson for last year.

three fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Sep 1, 2023

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

I was just saying to my buddies last night that Evans will be a Buc for life and if not I would fly to Tampa and let the cannons destroy my lovely body.

I uh, didn't consider the owners general shittyness.

Also I own a Vernon Hargreaves III jersey.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

three posted:

Mike Evans is 30, and the Bucs don't seem like they'll be particularly good any time soon. Maybe in everyone's best interest to split?

Not that Evans really relied on pure speed, so he could be good a very long time like an Anquan Boldin, though.

Edit: Also, as a Panthers fan, id prefer to not see him make an embarrassment of our lovely secondary anymore. I'll never forgive CJ Henderson for last year.

I got double hosed on that weekend because he caused me to lose fantasy and it was embarrassing as a fan to drop one final chance to give Tom a shameful L.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.
My end of season claims that the Glazers suck and won't pay for a competitive team if the league doesn't literally force them to seems pretty accurate.

But that clock has been right like 14 of the 15 years I've been on these forums

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I guess I dont believe in Baker considering how Baker ignored OBJ and overall is kinda bad? Not sure. I'd be happy for him if he stays home and keeps the streak going 5 more years.

2019 Baker was playing from behind a lot and slinging it. Both Landry and OBJ had 1000 yard seasons.

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

MJBuddy posted:

My end of season claims that the Glazers suck and won't pay for a competitive team if the league doesn't literally force them to seems pretty accurate.

But that clock has been right like 14 of the 15 years I've been on these forums

To be fair, this is every NFCS team except the Saints

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
I will forever be mad that in a draft with Jarvis Landry, Odell Beckham Jr, Mike Evans and Davante Adams the Panthers ended up with Kelvin Benjamin as their first round pick.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Flikken posted:

2019 Baker was playing from behind a lot and slinging it. Both Landry and OBJ had 1000 yard seasons.
I completely forgot about this. I guess with how long ago and all the narratives since then I guess it slipped my memory.

Hopefully the new OC in Tampa can mold the offense to his strengths a bit, I kinda felt like Stefanski didn't do enough of that but I never took a close enough look to be sure.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Hopefully the new OC in Tampa can mold the offense to his strengths a bit, I kinda felt like Stefanski didn't do enough of that but I never took a close enough look to be sure.

Canales offense will be a great match for Baker. It's based off the Seattle system so plenty of rollouts and getting him into open windows to throw.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
https://twitter.com/jaboowins/status/1697997037906661796?s=46

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

kidcoelacanth posted:

this may be a controversial opinion but they should pay mike evans

I believe Mike Evans should get paid, and I would like the team to pay him to be the Carolina Panthers.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

CannonFodder posted:

I believe Mike Evans should get paid, and I would like the team to pay him to be the Carolina Panthers.

Burns first please

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

Burns first please

I heard Burns and the team aren't seeing eye to eye on numbers which does not bode well. We really need to keep Burns, especially after we turned away two first round picks to hold on to him.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

I'm not in panic mode about the Burns situation just yet, but I can't say I love the optics of it so far. Hoping we wrap this thing up today/tomorrow and all move on with our lives.

zimbomonkey posted:

I will forever be mad that in a draft with Jarvis Landry, Odell Beckham Jr, Mike Evans and Davante Adams the Panthers ended up with Kelvin Benjamin as their first round pick.

Gettleman was the worst with the "you can't teach tall" mindset (see also: Funchess, Devin). Benjamin at least had a really nice rookie year, but the dude was ultimately just too used to out-bigging DBs and had no real interest in route running and the other technical aspects of the receiver position. Frustrating for sure.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
NFCS Prediction:

Bucs 9-8 (win division on tiebreakers)
Saints 9-8
Falcons 7-10
Panthers 5-12

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

wandler20 posted:

NFCS Prediction:

Saints 20-0
Bucs 8-9
Panthers 6-11
Falcons 0-17

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

wandler20 posted:

NFCS Prediction:

Falcons 8-9
Saints 7-10
Panthers 6-11
Bucs 3-14

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

wandler20 posted:

NFCS Prediction:

Panthers 7-10 (win division on tiebreakers)
Saints 7-10
Falcons 7-10
Bucs 6-11

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Good interview with Bowles.

He basically knew the offensive scheme was doomed last year because Arians wasn't around to make it work and Leftwich was in over his head but he got promoted so late that he couldn't make any staff changes.

https://twitter.com/NFLSTROUD/status/1699115106204835963?s=20

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

on the one hand, i can understand how that happens but on the other Bowles is bad cowardly HC and i dont know that it'll much matter who's OC

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Relentlessboredomm posted:

on the one hand, i can understand how that happens but on the other Bowles is bad cowardly HC and i dont know that it'll much matter who's OC

That's kind of how I feel but my god was Leftwich a historically bad play caller. You know, you saw that poo poo. I am excited to see Canales get a shot, he seems like a really good dude and hell, he had a huge hand in Geno Smith's breakout season last year.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

He’s been a head coach for five years and never had a good offense. Maybe he knew Leftwich was a lovely OC but there’s no evidence at all that he knows how to hire a good one or how to prepare a team to perform on that side of the ball.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

YOLOsubmarine posted:

He’s been a head coach for five years and never had a good offense. Maybe he knew Leftwich was a lovely OC but there’s no evidence at all that he knows how to hire a good one or how to prepare a team to perform on that side of the ball.

yea this is a good position on it.

i am happy for Canales to get a shot but it feels like he's being set up to fail with the QBs and just Bowles in general

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

wandler20 posted:

NFCS Prediction:

Bucs 9-8 (win division on tiebreakers)
Saints 9-8
Falcons 7-10
Panthers 5-12

I don't know about the rest of the teams but 9-8 seems like an optimistic but possible outcome for the Bucs. I really do think all we truly needed was a not-Jameis level QB, now obviously Brady was way beyond that level, but as long as Baker doesn't throw 30 INTs I think we can win plenty of games, maybe even get a weird wild card win before getting trounced in the divisional round.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

WampaLord posted:

I don't know about the rest of the teams but 9-8 seems like an optimistic but possible outcome for the Bucs. I really do think all we truly needed was a not-Jameis level QB, now obviously Brady was way beyond that level, but as long as Baker doesn't throw 30 INTs I think we can win plenty of games, maybe even get a weird wild card win before getting trounced in the divisional round.

tbh I'd be shocked if any team in the NFCS made it past the wild card.

Only thing more shocking would be if we sent two teams to the playoffs

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Shinji2015 posted:

This is true but the state of the NFC in general isn't exactly great.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

speaking of Todd Bowles, the other day i learned his son plays for Rutgers

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Shinji2015 posted:

Yeah, whoever makes it, I'll be cheering for chaos in the opening rounds of the playoffs. Because gently caress it would be funny for someone to lose to an nfc s default team with an 8 and 9 record.

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.
If any team in this poo poo division manages to end with a winning record I’ll be shocked

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Coasterphreak posted:

If any team in this poo poo division manages to end with a winning record I’ll be shocked

there was a beautiful moment last season when it seemed possible for the entire division to end up with a 6-11 record and I would love to see that sort of thing happen

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Coasterphreak posted:

The list of starting QBs the Saints play is comical.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

wandler20 posted:

The list of starting QBs the Saints play is comical.

To be honest you can replace Saints with NFC South

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

Falcons gonna get at least 10 wins.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

wandler20 posted:

This is true but the state of the NFC in general isn't exactly great.

Fair. It's not impossible, but I still think it's very unlikely.

WampaLord posted:

there was a beautiful moment last season when it seemed possible for the entire division to end up with a 6-11 record and I would love to see that sort of thing happen

Same. If any division has it in them to do it, it's ours

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

WampaLord posted:

this was true 2 years ago but this current iteration of the Bucs is not great even outside of the QB position. the o-line and run game is still a huge question mark and while the defense should be ok they've lost some depth in the back end and are getting old at some key places. idk, it's not a bad roster overall but the offense outside of the WRs looks very shaky and the defense isn't a world beater anymore. the main thing though is every star player is old as hell. the young guys that are good are just that, good not great. it feels a lot to me like the beginning of a long stretch of mediocrity or worse unless we hit on a QB next draft and get a new coach. maybe ill be wrong and canales will magic something up but idk it looks very rough for this year for sure and perhaps for a while going forward

Relentlessboredomm fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Sep 6, 2023

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Those are either the eyes of a stone cold winner or a serial killer.

https://twitter.com/Saints/status/1699463871155654801

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

Silly Burrito posted:

Frenchy Frankenstein now available at Spirit Halloween.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Silly Burrito posted:

well he's been in the league for a decade so we have plenty of evidence that its not the former

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

well he's been in the league for a decade so we have plenty of evidence that its not the former

Not like the latter would disqualify him either