Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Brilliant match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
That was probably the best Stardom tag match of the year.

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

uhhh you're going to want to go ahead and watch that tag match if you haven't already. Jesus

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Mei and suzu for goddesses of stardom tag league

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Konami hates arms

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

https://twitter.com/KVR216/status/1698265177039266210?t=r4Ek95px88QT9u76bmgvQw&s=19

Lmao

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

My jaw dropped when she hit that

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Really good ppv.

I think risa might have been knocked loopy early in the match because at times she struggled with her timing and couldn't push off on some spots

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Risa continues to do nothing for me and that last match wasn't very good, but the show was tremendous overall.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

https://twitter.com/KVR216/status/1698256672513241598

Can you believe this girl was out of wrestling for like a year and a half before she came back at Grand Queendom?

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Mei is obviously extremely good in ring and absurdly crisp for taking that time off plus her antics are very funny so she's a great character too.

Stardom quietly just adding mei and suzu post queendom is just over powered stuff (assuming as they are on the roster page now they are signed). The roster is ridiculous. Especially youngsters. Hanan has also shown strong growth over the 5 star just to add someone under 22 who looks a heck of a prospect

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Crapple! posted:

Risa continues to do nothing for me and that last match wasn't very good, but the show was tremendous overall.

Risa rules. If you never saw the hellacious bloodbath she had with Rina Yamashita in Ice Ribbon at their final Yokohama Bunka Gym show, oh boy you should give it a twirl: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzlG80zg5QI

That is, assuming you don't mind seeing Rina Yamashita with the full crimson mask. On the other hand, Manami Toyota rides a motorcycle with Rina on the back so she can clothesline Risa from it & that was dope.

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

forkboy84 posted:

Risa rules. If you never saw the hellacious bloodbath she had with Rina Yamashita in Ice Ribbon at their final Yokohama Bunka Gym show, oh boy you should give it a twirl: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzlG80zg5QI

That is, assuming you don't mind seeing Rina Yamashita with the full crimson mask. On the other hand, Manami Toyota rides a motorcycle with Rina on the back so she can clothesline Risa from it & that was dope.

I suspect that my opinion of her is based completely on the fact that I've only seen her in Stardom. Everyone says her deathmatches are insane. Obvious compromise here is that Stardom should let her do a deathmatch

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

https://twitter.com/we_are_stardom/status/1698315045229429104?t=HNld3IZ3CrDVSu8qz2rtuQ&s=19

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

Crapple! posted:

I suspect that my opinion of her is based completely on the fact that I've only seen her in Stardom. Everyone says her deathmatches are insane. Obvious compromise here is that Stardom should let her do a deathmatch
Has stardom ever gone full light-tubes and skewers style death matches yet? I know they do exploding death matches on occasion and the one featuring specifically Tam and Io Shirai was really good but all I ever remember seeing are just fireworks, mostly.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

As far as I understand it Rossy is very much against it.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Really liked the PPV. Tag match was the obvious highlight. Tam/SLK and Mayu/Syuri were both pretty darn good. Loved the finish of MIRAI/Konami. Main event was way too sloppy but there were some good head drops to make up for it. Nice job Stardom.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON

Tampa Bae posted:

Has stardom ever gone full light-tubes and skewers style death matches yet? I know they do exploding death matches on occasion and the one featuring specifically Tam and Io Shirai was really good but all I ever remember seeing are just fireworks, mostly.

A large segment of the domestic fanbase lost their poo poo over Stardom even doing that more or less completely harmless match so they're probably not too eager to do actual deathmatches

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

https://twitter.com/wwr_stardom/status/1698637035072852432

Stardom collaborating with Natsu and letting her produce her own show using some Stardom talent.

Two match announced so far

Sumire Natsu, Rina Yamashita & Kaho Kobayashi
vs.
Takumi Iroha, Saki Akai & AZM

VENY vs. Utami Hayashishita

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Stall_19 posted:

Sumire Natsu, Rina Yamashita & Kaho Kobayashi
vs.
Takumi Iroha, Saki Akai & AZM

VENY vs. Utami Hayashishita

:eyepop:

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Johnny Landmine posted:

A large segment of the domestic fanbase lost their poo poo over Stardom even doing that more or less completely harmless match so they're probably not too eager to do actual deathmatches

Really? The hilarious fun hardcore match where SLK ran over Prominence with a bicycle and Risa Sera hit someone with a comically oversized fan or something? That's seriously one of my favorite hardcore matches of all time. It was fun, didn't have a lot of downtime, didn't overstay its welcome, and the right team won

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
I was referring to the exploding bat tag deathmatch that Tampa Bae mentioned - Io Shirai and Tam Nakano vs. Sumire Natsu and Kagetsu. I don't remember whether they even promoted it as a deathmatch in Japanese or not, but I do remember seeing a lot of local fans getting very red and nude online about the promotion letting/making them do such a thing and this isn't what I watch Stardom for and what if someone got seriously injured, or worse, a scar

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Johnny Landmine posted:

I was referring to the exploding bat tag deathmatch that Tampa Bae mentioned - Io Shirai and Tam Nakano vs. Sumire Natsu and Kagetsu. I don't remember whether they even promoted it as a deathmatch in Japanese or not, but I do remember seeing a lot of local fans getting very red and nude online about the promotion letting/making them do such a thing and this isn't what I watch Stardom for and what if someone got seriously injured, or worse, a scar

Ah OK I never saw that one and I can definitely see why fans wouldn't like it

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Stall_19 posted:

Can you believe this girl was out of wrestling for like a year and a half before she came back at Grand Queendom?

lol look at her go

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Stall_19 posted:

Chigusa is such a good trainer

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

I don't know what the hell they're putting in the water over there but the amount of incredibly good wrestlers they have who are barely in their 20s is kind of insane. Mei Seira, AZM, Starlight Kid, Suzu Suzuki, Tomoka Inaba. The future practically taken care of already. Hanan is really starting to pick it up too and I don't think she's even 20 yet

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/MrMidSouth1984/status/1699032768787661270?t=yKQX_mfQcK5JlEzBrIbaww&s=19

SEAdLINNNG will have Sareee challenged by Riki Kaiju on their next show, which will be great

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Crapple! posted:

I don't know what the hell they're putting in the water over there but the amount of incredibly good wrestlers they have who are barely in their 20s is kind of insane. Mei Seira, AZM, Starlight Kid, Suzu Suzuki, Tomoka Inaba. The future practically taken care of already. Hanan is really starting to pick it up too and I don't think she's even 20 yet

I looked Hanans age up after the saori match where she really impressed me (the azm match was probably better but I feel Hanan controlled the saori match) and she's just turned 19. I think her new look at the big stardom show was because she graduated high school and could dye her hair lol.

Obviously they start young. A month or so ago I saw a Rina tweet where she was sad because her stable was off having fun in Hokkaido and she was stuck in school. So she's just counting down the days. They also get reps. Rina worked about 60 dates last year while still in school. Even if they are largely undercard tag matches she's learning how to work a crowd, timing, what spots work for her and she's working against killer talent.

Women even at the highest level in the west struggle to even get booked. So it's hard to develop talent in the same way.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Crapple! posted:

it's called Sakuraism and doctors hate it

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
Not really - none of those wrestlers started in Gatoh Move or had any links there (although Mei Suruga is someone I’d 100% add to this list): AZM started super super young at 12 but the rest all debuted at the 15+ age that Joshi companies traditionally debuted people at - Suzu and Kid were 15, Mei at 16, Inaba at 17. Mei got the closest thing to the old school training around really: tough dojo stuff, wrestling in a rookie swimsuit for two years until you earn your stripes, starting out doing basically zero moves.

I think it’s just that 2018-19 debut generation were just insanely good: not had one that solid in years. We’re just at the point where they’re getting pushed across the board now: to use the old Joshi example it’s like when the classes of 86-88 hit their stride right after that big group retired in 89-90 and instantly clicked: I think that’s the last time there was a group as talented all debuted in such a short period (that group had Aja Kong, Megumi Kudo, Manami Toyota, Toshiyo Yamada, LCO, the Inoues, Mariko Yoshida etc) and you had like a 20 year old Aja Kong working insane main event cage matches and Manami Toyota doing some of her best matches on those undercards.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/Sukeban_World/status/1699044113272676789

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

where were you when emi sakura introduced women's wrestling to japan in 1968

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
lol that everyone has these weird costumes and gimmicks, then there's just Ram wearing something she might normally wear

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I'm all in on Japanese Wrestlicious.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
Wonder how much say the wrestlers had in the gimmicks/outfits.

I hope it's good!

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Man, forty years of punk rock and the Vandals still look good

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
Happy wrestleday to Waka!
https://twitter.com/Waka_Mm3/status/1699255736277274940

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Ooh, this should be fun

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

I see she's in Thailand on a "secret mission". That must be the fastest bushiroad has ever acted on something if its about looking for growth opportunities in SE Asia. Kidani only flagged it as a potential move like 3 weeks ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

Burn Down Canberra posted:

I see she's in Thailand on a "secret mission". That must be the fastest bushiroad has ever acted on something if its about looking for growth opportunities in SE Asia. Kidani only flagged it as a potential move like 3 weeks ago.

Or we'll get kickboxing machine Waka!

Talking about kicking machines, Unagi Sayaka just met Kawada.
https://twitter.com/unapi0902/status/1699853500346429738