Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Perhaps "A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man" might be more their speed: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3822798&pagenumber=1886#lastpost

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

EasyEW posted:

Sally Forth

"I'm the only one around here allowed to avoid any problems or potential discomfort, kid."

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.
Scareodeleria (Nov 5, 2003)

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
A+J

Classic Nancy
None today, back tomorrow!

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

One of these ads is not like the others. Hey kids, we have weird-looking stamps from overseas! Junior-size guitar! Stamp album! Matching pen and pencil! Triangular stamps! Become a long-distance railroad mail courier, traveling 4 days a week, for the equivalent of $42k-$56k in 2023 dollars! More stamps!

I guess it's a precursor to when the TV commercials during a block of old cartoons are mostly for toys but also have a sprinkling of "our correspondence school can help you get your life back on track!"

Bizarro

The Family Circus

Slylock Fox

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Shugojin posted:

I don't care how many times people say Ulysses is amazing a book club should be reading something everyone likes enough to finish and you're clearly a miserable failure

he said, yelling at newspaper comics by tom batiuk

An amazing amount of book clubs read very few books

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

A properly grounded NEMA 5-15 outlet would work just fine for both of them. They don't need to find some weird outlet where one receptacle is grounded the other isn't.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

goatface posted:

An amazing amount of book clubs read very few books

Oh for sure but do you believe this character would be a fun wine + cheese + gossip book club runner

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Bad Machinery

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Breaking Cat News

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Wallace the Brave

Heart of the City

Curtis

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Oh poo poo....RIP Sterling.

Also: is Nickelodeon still going to do an animated Phoebe and Her Unicorn series, or did that fall through?

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Oh poo poo....RIP Sterling.

Also: is Nickelodeon still going to do an animated Phoebe and Her Unicorn series, or did that fall through?

Fell through sadly.

Guy Fawkes
Aug 1, 2014

Lvl 62, +5 meadow defense

riderchop posted:

Heathcliffversary!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaFCGLWWIJY

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Kammat posted:

Fell through sadly.

drat, I was kind of looking forward to that one

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
Haraiso Days

The rare “double ghost fakeout”.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Everything was going fine until you started shooting their centipede god for no reason you jackass.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Into Ilves

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Pickles

Hagar the Horrible

Zits

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Huxley posted:

Classic Nancy
None today, back tomorrow!
Must have been one of those famous Nancy Labor Day strips :v:

F Minus

Mark Trail

Mary Worth

The Phantom

Three weeks from now: "Huh, what do you know. I made it all the way back home and didn't die. Welp, on to the next adventure!" THE END

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Andertoons

Comics Kingdom skipped a week of Apartment 3-G, but a guy in the comments got the missing ones.

Scooby-Doo run!

Is this woman supposed to be dumb enough to be buying this "it's just a prank" story? Probably.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Pogo 5/20/51

Archie 2/5-7/48

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

The Cow, She Is Bisexual And Polyamorous.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Murdstone posted:

Mary Worth

Guest appearance by Justice Sonia Sotomayor.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Hostile V posted:

The Cow, She Is Bisexual And Polyamorous.

Hey, I resemble that remark.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Aren't those characters 9 years old

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Our Boarding House (July 11-13, 1924)

Toonerville Folks (September 12-14, 1921)

Dok's Dippy Subcompact (November 24, 1914)

Little Lefty (January 26-28, 1939)

PETE CACCHIONE, a Communist labor leader and one of the WESLs who joined in the Bonus March in '32, ran for New York City Council several times (including 1939, when all the communists were thrown off the ballot on technicalites) before winning a seat in 1941, where he served until his death in 1947.

EasyEW fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Sep 6, 2023

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Jucika "244 - Jucika And The Christmas Tree"

I looked this up last time I posted it and

quote:

up to a $500 fine and six months in jail(US/California)

Tree Law! Tree Law!

"245 - Jucika Is Celebrating"

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Murdstone posted:

Rex Morgan MD

"Huh. To me that sounds a lot like your problem. Let me know when you figure it out."

Luann

Gil Thorp

They know that IUDs are reversible, right? That they're not permanently sterile?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Doomykins posted:

Jucika "244 - Jucika And The Christmas Tree"

I looked this up last time I posted it and

I looked up TREE LAW in Hungary and it is a rabbithole with no clear answers till Ive done quite a bit of extensive research from this point. Trying to get in contact with Hungarian experts atm. Will post with updates ASAP.

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Scary Gary

Chicken Parmigiana
Sep 12, 2007

Murdstone posted:

Mary Worth

Goddamn, this one made me laugh out loud. A combination of the narrator yelling, "Clap clap clap!" over Mary's clapping, and that last close-up of Mary grinning and saying "Hooray!" like a kid who is confused by ideas but has just seen an ice cream truck.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
1981 comics

Dick Tracy

Footrot Flats

The Lockhorns

Computoon: Origins

Legends in the Heights

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Fingerpori

The Finnish word "lippu" can mean either "flag" or "ticket"

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Murdstone posted:

Rex Morgan MD

:lol: was he seriously expecting Mud to have his money in cash in a big ol' duffel bag or something? Get rekt, Crimeman.

Angular Cyrus
May 29, 2007

everything is so much harder than it looks
Underworld LA Weekly 01/01–08/1998

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

That's a d12 they're rolling for "battle order", so it's not D&D. Nor any other game I've played. What uses a d12 for initiative?

I think I get what he's going for here - sticking the quills through the holes - but that has got to be the least effective way to "patch" holes.

Weembles posted:

Probably Miss Marple since the old woman writes mystery stories.

I bet there was a strip introducing that statue that we're all just forgetting about.
You are correct! Specifically, it's a standee of Joan Hickson as Miss Marple.

amigolupus posted:

Of his three comics, Fastrack is the only one he gives a tiny sliver of thought about, if only because Holbrook keeps making those godawful videos about Dethany giving work advice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17nTBhXyKrk

It would be pretty weird for a doctor to just hand you your test results and not explain what any of it means. Right?

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Take It From The Tinkersons

Macanudo

Dark Side Of The Horse

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Tiggum posted:

It would be pretty weird for a doctor to just hand you your test results and not explain what any of it means. Right?

The doctor wishes that Ed would just die and save him the trouble of trying to save Ed’s life. Only the Hippocratic Oath keeps him from just stabbing the bastard.

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
Vintage Valiant (Feb. 15, 1959)

Tiggum posted:

I think I get what he's going for here - sticking the quills through the holes - but that has got to be the least effective way to "patch" holes.

If you know a better way for one of Holbrook's Mary Sues to help repair the space station then I'm sure he'd like to hear it. She's studying genetics I think, so just be glad she didn't make a potion to turn the space station into a celestial whale or something.

Medenmath fucked around with this message at 09:53 on Sep 6, 2023

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
Quote is not edit! Haven't done that in a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.
Krazy Kat(November 4, 1917)

Little Nemo(March 31, 1907)