Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

bitmap posted:

what the hell! I was led to believe this was a total epic fail!!

todd lied about it being a bethesda game by shipping without the bugs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norton
Feb 18, 2006

bitmap posted:

what the hell! I was led to believe this was a total epic fail!!

https://streamable.com/0563ff

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

triple sulk posted:

debating if i want to buy bg3. i could maybe play co-op w/the wife

i think you two would have a good time up until one of you decides to gently caress one of the companions

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

drat horror queefs posted:

Oh man that would have been a lot easier, lol. The second phase is much less frustrating than the first because it doesn't run away as much.

I'm trying to clear the game the first time around without spoilers but it's very tempting to look up cheese builds

Without any specifics - when in doubt, go for big mech + big explosions

Basically the core "gimmick" of the hardest fights is often attacks that either can't be dodged or are very difficult to dodge. So you end up with a DPS race of sorts. And it just so happens that making your mech bigger also allows you to carry stronger weapons, addressing both elements of this (staying alive longer + killing the boss faster). There's still strategy, but I feel like mobility is less useful than it maybe should be in the big boss fights (and even the heaviest/slowest builds can still move around pretty well).

Mobility still seems like it can be pretty strong in arena fights, though. Plus just feeling like a cool badass when fighting trash mobs.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I hosed a boss up with a laser lance swapping between piledriver, songbirds and exploding bazooka just perfectly cycling between all four and slamming the pile into the boss when it's posture was broken

once again I won with 00001HP after terminal armor saved me and I screamed when I finished the last 25% without taking damage

ac6 is the exact difficulty I desire

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Al! posted:

i think you two would have a good time up until one of you decides to gently caress one of the companions

Couples mode should let the two player characters double-team a party member

Gale and Astarion would be into it, maybe Karlach too?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

loquacius posted:

hey we saw you from across the bar and we really dig your fangs

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

loquacius posted:

only halsin really. astarion says it's cool but he's lying

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Cuttlefush posted:

only halsin really. astarion says it's cool but he's lying

gale is the type of guy to open up a relationship, but only he gets to sleep around

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

The other AC6 tip is to always be assault boosting and kicking bosses, it's the equivalent of having to keep pressing the attack in sekiro.
Zooming up in their grill makes a lot of their attacks miss and the kick does good damage and stagger.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

ok i bought it

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Communist Thoughts posted:

The other AC6 tip is to always be assault boosting and kicking bosses, it's the equivalent of having to keep pressing the attack in sekiro.
Zooming up in their grill makes a lot of their attacks miss and the kick does good damage and stagger.

This is how I fought the Sea Spider thing, especially phase two. Just constantly boosting around it and kicking it, like a very large armored mosquito. With my battery/booster I could stay in the air a super long time like that (never needed to return to the ground once before killing him in phase 2).

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

sometimes i whiff over the enemy's shoulder and i dont know why

Ytlaya posted:

This is how I fought the Sea Spider thing, especially phase two. Just constantly boosting around it and kicking it, like a very large armored mosquito. With my battery/booster I could stay in the air a super long time like that (never needed to return to the ground once before killing him in phase 2).

i shot it point blank in its spider balls for the first phase

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Ytlaya posted:

Without any specifics - when in doubt, go for big mech + big explosions

Basically the core "gimmick" of the hardest fights is often attacks that either can't be dodged or are very difficult to dodge. So you end up with a DPS race of sorts. And it just so happens that making your mech bigger also allows you to carry stronger weapons, addressing both elements of this (staying alive longer + killing the boss faster). There's still strategy, but I feel like mobility is less useful than it maybe should be in the big boss fights (and even the heaviest/slowest builds can still move around pretty well).

Mobility still seems like it can be pretty strong in arena fights, though. Plus just feeling like a cool badass when fighting trash mobs.

good mobility is really strong against basically every boss besides baltheus. what i don't think a lot of people realize is that zippy 340-350 speed bipeds can also fly for a pretty long time/forever once you get to chapter 2 (I think?) and a lot of bosses can't really deal with that. you can fly around way faster than tetrapods do and pretty much no boss has attacks that are designed to hit ACs that are strafing in the air while also constantly moving up and down

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

turn off the TV posted:

good mobility is really strong against basically every boss besides baltheus. what i don't think a lot of people realize is that zippy 340-350 speed bipeds can also fly for a pretty long time/forever once you get to chapter 2 (I think?) and a lot of bosses can't really deal with that. you can fly around way faster than tetrapods do and pretty much no boss has attacks that are designed to hit ACs that are strafing in the air while also constantly moving up and down

You can fly for a long time with a big heavy mech too, though. Maybe even longer, since you can have a bigger generator thing. My big heavy build can Assault Boost much longer than my lighter ones.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Ytlaya posted:

You can fly for a long time with a big heavy mech too, though. Maybe even longer, since you can have a bigger generator thing. My big heavy build can Assault Boost much longer than my lighter ones.

i'm being literal when i say forever. if your mech is light enough, around 70,000 tons or less i think, and you have one of three or four generators, then you can easily vertical boost, fully deplete your energy, and then have your generator recharge well before you hit the ground. you can keep on boost up, falling until the generator recharges and boost back up until you get high enough to hit the flight ceiling.

the lighter generators that you can do this with actually make it easier since weight effects how fast the robot falls and they have faster recovery times.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

triple sulk posted:

ok i bought it

have fun

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

Al! posted:

gale is the type of guy to open up a relationship, but only he gets to sleep around

that’s how he’d like it but in actuality he’s going to open up the relationship and then strike out forever

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009

turn off the TV posted:

weight effects how fast the robot falls

that pronouns guy video but its galileo being pissed about armored core

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

i can finally play starfield omg

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

wtf it needs to update

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

yes, also very good to follow up a kick with a shot of double songbirds/earshot immediately after your enemy does their first scoot away. can stagger even ayre with a kick and a point blank grenade volley then follow up with an assault burst.
amazing game. very unique playstyle and it just looks cool as hell.

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

why couldnt the version i preloaded be the updated one

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Popy posted:

lol

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
preloads are hosed up anyway. didnt the elden ring preload have some weird bugs that didnt happen if you just downloaded it normally

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Mr. Sharps posted:

that’s how he’d like it but in actuality he’s going to open up the relationship and then strike out forever

(gale voice) “hello I’m Gale.”
(gale smirk) “from YOSPOS”

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Best Friends posted:

(gale voice) “hello I’m Gale.”
(gale smirk) “from YOSPOS”

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Agnostalgia posted:

that pronouns guy video but its galileo being pissed about armored core

it's because only the vertical thrusters are disabled while the robot is out of energy, the horizontal ones are still potentially pushing them forward so lighter robots stay up longer and travel further before hitting the ground. one of the things you gotta be careful about is not killing your horizontal momentum when falling

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Reupped Gamepass against my better judgement to fiddle with Starfield and wow, their servers are buckling right now.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

https://twitter.com/tekitou3/status/1699008528105844811

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

wow akila city is a poo poo hole huh

the capital city of an interstellar republic is a half built old spanish mission

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)
robbed the grave of legally distinct batman and now have ~ beautiful armor ~ which is all that matters in any game

enjoying how so many things in the side quest section turn into entire missions

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Soon I will starfield

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Also rich goons, send me v-bucks code. Preferably the $100 bundle. :D

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
this late game boss in AC6 with a mini boss and a boss and five waves of enemies.. is hard

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
whoops, forgot I left qbittorrent running. your welcome goons

now i'm gunna delete all these stupid .bin iso files, the worst thing about pirating fitgirl games is having a bunch of unwiedly files when the installed game already takes up too much space

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Folks, I'm streaming starfield on an Xbox1.

:)

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Popy posted:

i literally preloaded it six hours ago wtf is this poo poo

serves me right for caving and trying to play day 1

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
621, be careful, this is a C-SPAM autonomous weapon left by the Institute.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9hwrt3Lq4s

GOTY