Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Lol, I tried the new hawken and it's poop from a butt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
Beat the SeaSpider with two laser handguns, a laser on my shoulder, and a laser blade on a lightweight AC.

It felt like I was paying for the hubris I felt after beating Balteus in three tries.

Watching Gundam Wing and other mech series as a kid, this is the game I wish I’d had. I never ran into Armored Core, but there was a Zoids game that was eerily similar in mission structure and having most of the fun being building something you like to play.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

dog nougat posted:

I kinda wish there were some purely kinetic shoulder weapons, like a shoulder mounted linear rifle or something.

There is one (1) thing in NG++ and it's still technically a missile launcher but I did absolutely devastate my friend in PvP with them

Also, I just wanna say that explosive pop every enemy makes when they blow up is probably one of those little SFX that took hours of work to get perfect. I really appreciate it, it's probably my favorite "enemy defeated" sound since FF7.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

dog nougat posted:

Edit: I finally gave the assault rifles another go and I really like them. They inflict a hell of a lot of stagger cumulatively and have a solid range. I kinda wish there were some purely kinetic shoulder weapons, like a shoulder mounted linear rifle or something. The grenade launchers and the bazooka are cool, but I just want a giant rail gun on my shoulder.

The Stun Needle launcher and the Needle Missile launchers (NG+ exclusive, as they're part of Steel Haze Ortus's loadout,) are shoulder-mounted kinetic weapons. There's also a kinetic orbit gun in addition to the energy orbit gun, last I remember.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Mechwarrior's not dead. 5's even getting another expansion!

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

RBA Starblade posted:

Mechwarrior's not dead. 5's even getting another expansion!

that's the decade plus old bad game on life support still - it's basically a single-player implementation of MWO, which came out in 2013. i definitely wouldn't call it good in any way shape or form.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)

mdct posted:

There's also a kinetic orbit gun in addition to the energy orbit gun, last I remember.

Some one was using these in PvP and they were super annoying.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
MW5 is fun to co-op and yes I know that's like the lowest possible praise you can give to a game but it's true. :colbert:

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Expo70 posted:

I just don't like these games. Not very fun for me. I'm sure lots of people like them. I don't.

Everybody copying them feels like the well has been poisoned to me. Not fond.

Just wanted to say you're bitter and old

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

187 on an mf core

JimmyBiskit
Nov 15, 2007
Finished NG++ and true ending. Game good. Definitely needs a numbers pass and some tweaks to enable longer range builds imo (I tried to get clever on the 'stealth' mission by using some shoulder mounted lasers to snipe targets with manual aiming and watched them ricochet off and that felt awful) but game still real good. Also needs more missions like (FoR path) the mission on the Xylem where you just have infinite energy and get to go zooming off into the distance to ruin the PCA's collective day. Probably gonna go back for combat/data logs for the parts completion, no idea if I wanna aim for full S ranks.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Captain Foo posted:

187 on an mf core

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

I'm getting closer to beating balteus and i think the end is in sight

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The needle cannon that fires like songbirds you get in NG++ might not be the strongest but God it feels good to use.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

JimmyBiskit posted:

Finished NG++ and true ending. Game good. Definitely needs a numbers pass and some tweaks to enable longer range builds imo (I tried to get clever on the 'stealth' mission by using some shoulder mounted lasers to snipe targets with manual aiming and watched them ricochet off and that felt awful) but game still real good. Also needs more missions like (FoR path) the mission on the Xylem where you just have infinite energy and get to go zooming off into the distance to ruin the PCA's collective day. Probably gonna go back for combat/data logs for the parts completion, no idea if I wanna aim for full S ranks.

I used songbirds to "snipe" MTs on that stealth mission and it might be the funniest thing ever NGL.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Nothing has broken more than the chapter 4 boss. Holy god drat gently caress I am so angry.

I love this game so much

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)

Captain Foo posted:

I'm getting closer to beating balteus and i think the end is in sight

Make sure to kick him for style points.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

hey. i did it. thank u all

nachtrier build, twin pulse guns/weapon bay -> halderman/butt

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Nothing has broken more than the chapter 4 boss. Holy god drat gently caress I am so angry.

I love this game so much

First playthrough I switched my whole build up to a zoomie biped for that bastard.

Feeling is mutual, I can't wait to gently caress around with more paint and rank some more sorties tomorrow.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Ibblebibble posted:

Don't the stun needles count as kinetic?
Needle handgun is kinetic, yeah. Not to be confused with the actual stun handgun which is the stun status handgun.

Shoulder stun needles are kinetic initial with a stun blast I think?

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Man, none of the weapons I'm good with have the ammo to deal with G1 Michigan and his entire team. Even my preferred melee has me standing still too long and eating a bunch of missiles.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
The Coral Convergence battle logs are driving me insane. I've killed every bonewheel (including the one on the bridge) and the two sleeping ACs beneath the bridge but it's still pending. That's supposed to be all the missable ones right?

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Kesper North posted:

that's the decade plus old bad game on life support still - it's basically a single-player implementation of MWO, which came out in 2013. i definitely wouldn't call it good in any way shape or form.

its good now actually, i heard it was a train wreck at launch but they somehow fixed it. well worth playing if u like big stompy mechs

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

aegof posted:

Man, none of the weapons I'm good with have the ammo to deal with G1 Michigan and his entire team. Even my preferred melee has me standing still too long and eating a bunch of missiles.

i had ended that mission punching the mobs after killing him.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Finished my first run, went fires of Raven to get it out of the way. This game loving whips, especially loved Rusty going full Pixy and showing up in the most explicitly Gundam-rear end AC in the game to put you down was probably the highlight of that bench for me.

Sindai posted:

The Coral Convergence battle logs are driving me insane. I've killed every bonewheel (including the one on the bridge) and the two sleeping ACs beneath the bridge but it's still pending. That's supposed to be all the missable ones right?

There are 9 robonewheels, 4 around the moonlight, 4 around the cliff you come from, and 1 on top that tries to pet sematary you. You may have missed one of them.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I love this game so much

Quoting myself from an earlier post. Use this build to get through the fight quick.

GreatGreen posted:

When the fight starts, open by firing both needle blasters as soon as the game will register the button presses, then turn on target lock, then maintain a circle strafe as close as you can get to IBIS, firing everything the moment it's available.

Who cares if it's cheesy. Use it to win the fight and continue to the rest of the game, then come back later and beat it with whatever build you like without being gated behind this one encounter.

GreatGreen fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Sep 6, 2023

The Postman
May 12, 2007

aegof posted:

A flamethrower will make quick work of most of them.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Do any of the repeat Decision missions in Chapter 3 affect NG++?

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Arc Hammer posted:

I don't think so

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

The Postman posted:

A flamethrower will make quick work of most of them.

Laser rifles and quad legs can also pick most of them off from a high vantage point. When I used a build like that, I was able to kill stuff so fast that none of the enemies from any given wave overlapped.
Each new wave found itself in an entirely empty level, except for my mech of course. :getin:

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

aegof posted:

Double flamethrowers on heavy biped legs worked like a charm for me, with whichever heavy hitters you prefer on shoulders to crack stuff that's tougher than an MT. I used double stun needle launchers but other stuff should work too.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Sindai posted:

Same as the other poster said, you might be missing a wheel. They have a habit of getting stuck under the bridge sometimes.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

aegof posted:

If you're not already doing it, assault armor nukes all the trash and will give you breathing room. I ran plasma missiles and miniguns on a tank for extra AP. There's definitely better builds I'm sure, but it worked.

E: I'm dreading going for an S on this lol

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Sindai posted:

You have to go on the bridge, there is a special animation of a wheel ripping down the city at you, very easy to miss if you dont go on the bridge

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Sindai posted:

That's supposed to be all the missable ones right?

two combat log enemies spawn when you approach the data log on the shoreline.

Sundance Shot
Oct 24, 2010

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I love this game so much

For funsies try hovering in place and not attacking and watch rugalbot just circle you slowly waiting to read your inputs.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I killed everything again 1 more log appeared from somewhere. :shrug:

I guess one bonewheel somehow avoided me, which is nuts since their aggro range is huge and they patrol the whole area.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

Arc Hammer posted:

You gotta gently caress over the redguns as much as you can on repeat choices if the option is there i believe

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOqkXGSJKnQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

I don't think you have to, but it's funnier.