Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

A good day to announce it, since Embracer purged its first big studio (Saints Row devs do the honor of christening this helltrip). Where it stops, nobody knows!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Long-Time Lurker posted:

Keith Lee's model looks pretty good. Dunno why they are adding new mini-games instead of match types though, lol.

I asked this here pre-release and the response was that it was insane to ask them to ask devs who only know how to make minigames to do work on the wrestling part of the game.

Logen
Feb 16, 2014

Gaz-L posted:

I asked this here pre-release and the response was that it was insane to ask them to ask devs who only know how to make minigames to do work on the wrestling part of the game.

I don't think I want the devs who worked on the mini games to work on the actual good part of the game.

Just tried playing the new minigames included in the Keith Lee/Bunny pack as I'm an idiot who bought the season pass.

They are both awful. MJF's car one is just a Red Light, Green Light clone where you mash a button before MJF turns around and you lose basically all your points if he does. The issue is this happens constantly and as far as I can tell no there's no indication when it will happen. It feels very long and boring.

The second is an angry birds clone where you have one turn to destroy some tables. The aim is super clunky and then you have to watch the CPUs do the same thing. Thankfully it's short but having just one turn at it seems pointless and feels like such an abrupt ending.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

On the bright side, Ultra Pro Wrestling looks to be shaping up nicely.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

is it too late to make fight forever into a mobile game?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Logen posted:

Just tried playing the new minigames included in the Keith Lee/Bunny pack as I'm an idiot who bought the season pass.

They are both awful. MJF's car one is just a Red Light, Green Light clone where you mash a button before MJF turns around and you lose basically all your points if he does. The issue is this happens constantly and as far as I can tell no there's no indication when it will happen. It feels very long and boring.

The second is an angry birds clone where you have one turn to destroy some tables. The aim is super clunky and then you have to watch the CPUs do the same thing. Thankfully it's short but having just one turn at it seems pointless and feels like such an abrupt ending.

I don't think anybody would mind if they just quietly didn't add any minigames to the releases. This poo poo sucks.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

super macho dude posted:

On the bright side, Ultra Pro Wrestling looks to be shaping up nicely.

Hadn’t heard of this before but it seems like it could be fun if they stick the gameplay

https://youtu.be/sX0knzn73qc?si=ls51sWpAF2fOiONC

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

explosivo posted:

I don't think anybody would mind if they just quietly didn't add any minigames to the releases. This poo poo sucks.
The nL crew will rocket the game up the charts if we just find the right meme-ready minigame. Ricky Starks-themed Towers of Hanoi? Acclaimed Root Beer Tapper? You never know where the hits will come from.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Unless it adds arcade mode I'm getting that TMNT DLC instead

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Basic Chunnel posted:

A good day to announce it, since Embracer purged its first big studio (Saints Row devs do the honor of christening this helltrip). Where it stops, nobody knows!

https://twitter.com/ChipCheezum/status/1697363452036018566

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

loving sucks for everyone there. Doubly so for Chip cuz VoidBurger got let go from Giant Bomb not that long ago too.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

This doesn't seem funny at all!

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

flashy_mcflash posted:

This doesn't seem funny at all!

My review of saints row 5

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

I'm willing to give Fight Forever so much leeway, Bunny's entrance animation is somehow the worst looking thing they've done.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Unless it adds arcade mode I'm getting that TMNT DLC instead

The Shredders Revenge DLC is so good. The survival mode is addicting, and there’s some cool skins for all the characters. Usagi Yojimbo is a beast bunny.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Open Marriage Night posted:

The Shredders Revenge DLC is so good. The survival mode is addicting, and there’s some cool skins for all the characters. Usagi Yojimbo is a beast bunny.

Yeah it's sick! Just kind of weird how the Mirage comics homage level is one of the first two since that feels like something that would be buried deeper in the run as an Easter egg but its very very cool

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Stadium Stampede thoughts:
1. The fact that you don't select it from the online options but by pressing R3 is kinda funny idk. It's a separate game! For realzies!

2. Running and hopping around TIAA Field is fun. Theres places we recognize, slots to play, etc. Just wish we had the chair dimension.

3. The gameplay is passable. In my PS4 game, it took about 90 seconds to get my lobby and then for the first minute or so in the stadium people were sort of popping in and out, occasionally spawning inside me to get free hits. Adapting the wrestling to a multi level open world with slopes and walls and etc worked about as well as could be hoped.

I placed 18/30.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

Usagi does feel very strong and did give me a reason to finish the remaining two challenges I had left to do in the base game. Karai feels a little off though.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
Fight Forever needs to add more options to the CAW because if I can't make Keith Lee into Keith Bee what's even the loving point 🐝

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Hoss Corncave posted:

Usagi does feel very strong and did give me a reason to finish the remaining two challenges I had left to do in the base game. Karai feels a little off though.

Being able to slash in the air is stupid good. Bosses like Metalhead don’t have a real response when you have so much airtime.

The NES color schemes look great, and stand out during frantic six player games.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n34Bz6OMpBo

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Lol, oh okay

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

A true visionary

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:hellyeah:

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

lol mdickie’s Bully

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Wait is that a new game or another addon to Wrestle Empire?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Shard posted:

Wait is that a new game or another addon to Wrestle Empire?

New game, inspired by/utilizing additions made for Empire but in a school setting/not wrestling-exclusive, out this Saturday for Switch

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

Being able to slash in the air is stupid good. Bosses like Metalhead don’t have a real response when you have so much airtime.

The NES color schemes look great, and stand out during frantic six player games.

Yeah, I noticed that Leatherhead can't do anything because his main attack of the tail whip is too low to hit you while you constantly air combo him. It's also good against the black Foot guys with sais that jump back and throw their daggers at you when you hit them.

It's a shame he lacks a divekick but the hitbox on the first slash is stupidly good so it doesn't really matter.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Dickie done did it again, hot drat. Looks like it plays way better than his dismal Prison Simulator game I don't remember the name of.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Chris James 2 posted:

New game, inspired by/utilizing additions made for Empire but in a school setting/not wrestling-exclusive, out this Saturday for Switch

If I can't do a Canadian Destroyer on the principal it's a no sale for me. :colbert:

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

super macho dude posted:

Dickie done did it again, hot drat. Looks like it plays way better than his dismal Prison Simulator game I don't remember the name of.

hard time which has a remake on steam using the engine his mobile games use

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Jiro posted:

If I can't do a Canadian Destroyer on the principal it's a no sale for me. :colbert:

If I can't be a serial killer by tossing people onto the subway tracks, what's the point?

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
I need to get better at AKI wrestling games. Every now and then I try an earnest runthrough of No Mercy career modes, but the matches seem to drag on for ages and I don't have much fun. And then of course you hit a handicap match with limited continues and the last shred of fun goes out the door.

Similarly I gave Wrestlemania 2000 a shot and the first match was a tag match. Once again the match felt way too long due to the momentum system, but then you had the added factor of CPU partners breakng up the pin, it went like 40 minutes and I just had no more will to play. :(

I know the Smackdown games are less good overall but I never had problems with matches seeming to go on forever. Maybe just because they were easier?

I have similar problems with Def Jam but it seems a little more manageable.

Honestly I should use some of the Game Genie features built into the n64 everdrive... anyone aware of cheats that might improve the experience somewhat?

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Minidust posted:

I need to get better at AKI wrestling games. Every now and then I try an earnest runthrough of No Mercy career modes, but the matches seem to drag on for ages and I don't have much fun. And then of course you hit a handicap match with limited continues and the last shred of fun goes out the door.

Similarly I gave Wrestlemania 2000 a shot and the first match was a tag match. Once again the match felt way too long due to the momentum system, but then you had the added factor of CPU partners breakng up the pin, it went like 40 minutes and I just had no more will to play. :(

I know the Smackdown games are less good overall but I never had problems with matches seeming to go on forever. Maybe just because they were easier?

Honestly I should use some of the Game Genie features built into the n64 everdrive... anyone aware of cheats that might improve the experience somewhat?

You could also try enabling "quick match" (I think that exists in WM2000, not sure about No Mercy) where it's a lot easier to finish up a match, possibly even too easy since you can get pins or submissions off of the most random things with it enabled.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

FINALLY A BULLY SEQUEL

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Minidust posted:

As the number 1 AKI fan here's some tips so no match should be taking you 40 minutes. Use your strikes to stagger them for more powerful moves. L button is the key, makes you move back and will block grapples and dodge most strikes. Use your weak A grapples to put them on the mat if you need but strikes primary, A+direction weak grapples cant be countered but they don't build momentum. Grab a hold or stomp them to wear them down. Then when they are staying down pick them up and use your weak B grapples/hard strikes/running moves until you are in a high momentum then its time to use the strong grapples until you are flashing then its probably game over. If you get countered move down a tier of moves until you feel in control again.

For tag matches use the doomsday device its desgned to win tag matches. Kick or run into the other rear end in a top hat first if you want. Handicap its the same as 1v1 just strikes until they stay down. You can also hop up the turnbuckle and taunt 3 times before you have to jump. the ai will either not chase or obviously continually grapple at you. So you can hop down or taunt. I used this to win every handicap match thrown my way when i was 11.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

super macho dude posted:

If I can't be a serial killer by tossing people onto the subway tracks, what's the point?

SEE??!! This guy gets it!

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Day One Purchase

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
At some point MDickie should just combine all these into one big mega-game where you go to school, become a wrestler, murder someone with a subway train, go to prison and then when you get out try to become a pop star. Also at some point you go back in time and meet Jesus I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Suplex Liberace posted:

As the number 1 AKI fan here's some tips so no match should be taking you 40 minutes. Use your strikes to stagger them for more powerful moves. L button is the key, makes you move back and will block grapples and dodge most strikes. Use your weak A grapples to put them on the mat if you need but strikes primary, A+direction weak grapples cant be countered but they don't build momentum. Grab a hold or stomp them to wear them down. Then when they are staying down pick them up and use your weak B grapples/hard strikes/running moves until you are in a high momentum then its time to use the strong grapples until you are flashing then its probably game over. If you get countered move down a tier of moves until you feel in control again.

For tag matches use the doomsday device its desgned to win tag matches. Kick or run into the other rear end in a top hat first if you want. Handicap its the same as 1v1 just strikes until they stay down. You can also hop up the turnbuckle and taunt 3 times before you have to jump. the ai will either not chase or obviously continually grapple at you. So you can hop down or taunt. I used this to win every handicap match thrown my way when i was 11.

:aaa: I had no idea there was a functional difference between the A & B weak grapples! Thanks, I feel like that’s the missing piece of the puzzle for me to finally get the most out of these games!

Angry_Ed posted:

You could also try enabling "quick match" (I think that exists in WM2000, not sure about No Mercy) where it's a lot easier to finish up a match, possibly even too easy since you can get pins or submissions off of the most random things with it enabled.
oo nice I’ll check that out too!