Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Drakkel posted:

At some point MDickie should just combine all these into one big mega-game where you go to school, become a wrestler, murder someone with a subway train, go to prison and then when you get out try to become a pop star. Also at some point you go back in time and meet Jesus I guess.

You then have to fight clones of yourself in a loser leaves wrestling battle royale, DIE, KEEP DYING, then die so much you get ejected from Hell back into Wrestling School.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

Minidust posted:

:aaa: I had no idea there was a functional difference between the A & B weak grapples! Thanks, I feel like that’s the missing piece of the puzzle for me to finally get the most out of these games!
Yeah, it's not necessarily spelled out but weak A grapples are low risk, weak B grapples are medium risk, then strong A is next (but might have submission/lock moves depending on the game) and strong B are your highest risk moves. I've just internalised this with years of play and you basically just work your way up the moves and go back down if your momentum looks bad.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

strong down a usually a roll up aka your best friend

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Vandar posted:

FINALLY A BULLY SEQUEL

If you want a sequel to Bully that's already out, Lost Judgment scratches that itch shockingly well.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Lost Judgment is an exceptional child beating simulator

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Im waiting for the sequel Found Judgement

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

History Comes Inside! posted:

Lost Judgment is an exceptional child beating simulator

Rey Mysterio, Jr's favorite video game

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

keithy george posted:

Yeah, it's not necessarily spelled out but weak A grapples are low risk, weak B grapples are medium risk, then strong A is next (but might have submission/lock moves depending on the game) and strong B are your highest risk moves. I've just internalised this with years of play and you basically just work your way up the moves and go back down if your momentum looks bad.
armed with this knowledge I just resumed the European Championship path, started a handicap match against Bossman and Buchanan, and managed to at least get my special flashing a couple times! still lost but it's definite progress. I'm sure there's a couple of anti-CPU cheese methods that'll get me through this. I'll have to remember to exploit the top-rope taunts like Suplex Liberace mentioned

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

you can also explot throwing dudes out of the ring, which is one of the c buttons (i think left) when you are near the ropes.

NameHurtBrain
Jan 17, 2015
Up+C, and throwing people out of the ring is unblockable/unreversable. A key cheese to master that's dated to it's era is that most recovery/move animations are invincible. I don't think the CPU is capable of breaking you out of grappling their buddy in Handicap matches, so it's very easy to weak grapple, drag to ropes, and keep throwing out people, which will at least buy you like, 10 seconds of 1v1 time even early on.

Another Handicap cheese is that submissions in AKI games don't need to be on any length of time to actually get a win. It's very possible to put one on and get a submission before the partner can break it up a second later. So keep working that chinlock, eventually it'll work instantly.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Anyone have an opinion on which is the best Fire Pro Wrestling among the GBA and SNES games? I just got an Analogue Pocket and want a go-to wrestling game for it but I'm totally new to the series.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

acksplode posted:

Anyone have an opinion on which is the best Fire Pro Wrestling among the GBA and SNES games? I just got an Analogue Pocket and want a go-to wrestling game for it but I'm totally new to the series.

a translated version of Super Fire Pro X Premium would be the best one to play for SNES but imo Fire Pro 2 on the GBA is probably the easiest one to play + you can create your own wrestlers in that as well

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

They had a CAW system on a GBA title? Crazy.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

acksplode posted:

Did you get the glow in the dark one? Mine should be here today.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

projecthalaxy posted:

They had a CAW system on a GBA title? Crazy.

it's rudimentary but people found crazy ways to replicate irl rosters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PllFbYvSLB8

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Majinfoose posted:

Did you get the glow in the dark one? Mine should be here today.

Nah I got the regular black unit that I preordered about a year ago, finally arrived a couple weeks ago. Those glow in the dark units look excellent though, congrats

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I got my GITD pocket yesterday

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

DLC Inc posted:

it's rudimentary but people found crazy ways to replicate irl rosters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PllFbYvSLB8

Neat!

If i wanted a "cheap pop", I'd say something about this looking better than Fight Forever's CAW

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
The original Japanese version of Fire Pro 2, Final Fire Pro Wrestling, also has a promoter mode. Fortunately someone made a full English patch years ago for it.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Isn't this also the one that kojima or whoever wrote that ends with your wrestler taking uhh drastic steps when they realize the title isn't fulfilling and theres no more world to conquer?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

projecthalaxy posted:

Isn't this also the one that kojima or whoever wrote that ends with your wrestler taking uhh drastic steps when they realize the title isn't fulfilling and theres no more world to conquer?

that was the SNES one I think, FPW X Premium? I might be wrong

projecthalaxy posted:

Neat!

If i wanted a "cheap pop", I'd say something about this looking better than Fight Forever's CAW

I would 100% say without irony that Fire Pro's CAW mode, whether in the GBA game or Fire Pro World, is tremendously better than Fight Forever's. I genuinely think FF's CAW suite is the worst of any wrestling game I have ever played.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

FF has a great wrestling game without a basic single player mode and a CAW mode from 1996

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I like the first GBA Fire Pro because it has a code to unlock all of the hidden wrestlers

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

projecthalaxy posted:

That's the SNES one. And it was Suda 51 who wrote the batshit story mode.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

DLC Inc posted:

I would 100% say without irony that Fire Pro's CAW mode, whether in the GBA game or Fire Pro World, is tremendously better than Fight Forever's. I genuinely think FF's CAW suite is the worst of any wrestling game I have ever played.

I would say it is not worse than like WWF Attitude but that game let you make horrible monstrosities.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

I got my GITD pocket yesterday

Hell yeah, mine came today

acksplode posted:

Nah I got the regular black unit that I preordered about a year ago, finally arrived a couple weeks ago. Those glow in the dark units look excellent though, congrats

I had a coworker tell me that those were taking a year, but congrats, it's a really cool thing to mess with

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Jesus 250 bucks.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Is it three game boys taped together?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

It’s a fancy console with a bunch of special nerd poo poo in it that plays original cartridges for gb/gbc/gba and then a bunch of other handhelds using adapters, so yeah kind of

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

neat. As a retron haver i cannot comment, just making a haha about the price

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

It’s a fancy console with a bunch of special nerd poo poo in it that plays original cartridges for gb/gbc/gba and then a bunch of other handhelds using adapters, so yeah kind of

Also because it has two FPGA cores you can emulate a lot of other consoles and arcade boards too. The most ambitious of which so far would be the Amiga 500 core.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

Any of you goons got PC Engine CDs running on the Analogue Pocket? If so how?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

It was a pain in the rear end but I did it eventually, off the top of my head:

-Every game needs to be unpacked into its own separate folder.

-Grab the CD Fix tool from Krikzz’s website which technically has nothing to do with any of this, but will convert all your unpacked multi-bin games into single bins which you wanna do because anything with more than 27 tracks doesn’t work properly unless it’s been combined like this. Just drop it in the root folder for all the unpacked folder and run it.

-Put the folders on your pocket microsd in the assets/pcecd/common folder or whatever it’s called, and also make sure you’ve put the bios files for the relevant version of the console you wanna run them on because you’ll also need those.

-Get Pocket Sync, point it at the microsd card when you click on connect (you can do it over usb if you turn that on in the dev menu on the pocket, or you can just put the card in your computer like a regular person) and go into the Games tab, you wanna press the “Instance JSON” button at the top which should give you a list of your PCECE games and a button to press to do the thing.

If it doesn’t you might need to move them out of the ‘common’ folder and into the one above, I can’t remember exactly. The most important part is that they all be in individually labelled folders.

-Once it’s done making those files you should be good to go, but there’s one final trick to actually running them. Once you open the core, you get given the list of games with the “JSON” tag on the left. After you select one, it seemingly does nothing and just stays on the list of games. Once you’re here, you have to select the relevant BIOS file for the version of the system you’re trying to boot, and once you do that it starts the game. This is why we put the bios files into the same folder as all the game folders, so we don’t have to go digging around for them at this step.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

It was a pain in the rear end but I did it eventually, off the top of my head:

-Every game needs to be unpacked into its own separate folder.

-Grab the CD Fix tool from Krikzz’s website which technically has nothing to do with any of this, but will convert all your unpacked multi-bin games into single bins which you wanna do because anything with more than 27 tracks doesn’t work properly unless it’s been combined like this. Just drop it in the root folder for all the unpacked folder and run it.

-Put the folders on your pocket microsd in the assets/pcecd/common folder or whatever it’s called, and also make sure you’ve put the bios files for the relevant version of the console you wanna run them on because you’ll also need those.

-Get Pocket Sync, point it at the microsd card when you click on connect (you can do it over usb if you turn that on in the dev menu on the pocket, or you can just put the card in your computer like a regular person) and go into the Games tab, you wanna press the “Instance JSON” button at the top which should give you a list of your PCECE games and a button to press to do the thing.

If it doesn’t you might need to move them out of the ‘common’ folder and into the one above, I can’t remember exactly. The most important part is that they all be in individually labelled folders.

-Once it’s done making those files you should be good to go, but there’s one final trick to actually running them. Once you open the core, you get given the list of games with the “JSON” tag on the left. After you select one, it seemingly does nothing and just stays on the list of games. Once you’re here, you have to select the relevant BIOS file for the version of the system you’re trying to boot, and once you do that it starts the game. This is why we put the bios files into the same folder as all the game folders, so we don’t have to go digging around for them at this step.

Awesome, thank you for this!

I got everything but the CDFix set up so I'll do that as soon as I get out of bed

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
drat these No Mercy handicap matches. I finally eked out a win over Bossman/Buchanan, then got booked against X-pac/Road Dogg, HHH/Stevie (lol) and finally Vine/Shane.

Messed around in Survival afterwards, that was fun!!

Starting an IC title path, a few chapters in and no handicap matches yet. Suspenseful. But I guess I'll be more prepared for them next time. Thanks again for the tips, goons!

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

another tip no dq on the outside, whoop rear end with chairs then throw them in.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Mr THECHUGS is playing the witcher 3 and it was incredibly wholesome seeing his reaction to the sex scene he initiated

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

bro is flabbergasted

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

explosivo posted:

Mr THECHUGS is playing the witcher 3 and it was incredibly wholesome seeing his reaction to the sex scene he initiated

He's never done that before