Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Yea my games are noticeably different. People seem to be afraid of getting reported for any little thing.

Someone even actually apologized for walking into the box when I was trying to stack creeps :monocle:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Well well well, if it isnt my old friend 'Poor Network Conditions Detected - Game Is Safe To Leave' Haven't seen that in years. Unfortunately it happened 50 minutes into the game. I don't know whether the client is busted or the servers but since the patch the other day the game occasionally crashes and sometimes it makes the game not count.

Funny thing, I was kinda invested in that game so I reconnected and played it out even though it didn't count and everyone else did too.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Sab669 posted:

Yea my games are noticeably different. People seem to be afraid of getting reported for any little thing.

Someone even actually apologized for walking into the box when I was trying to stack creeps :monocle:

Personally I've been quite toxic in chat and playing invoker 4, what has changed to make people better behaved?

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.
I am playing my first dota games trying to get free cosmetics

I have been watching pro dota for like a decade so I'm not clueless but mechanically I am worthless!

Played one turbo game last night as warlock support and we were terrible and lost, time to try again lol

I didn't want to play warlock but I just filtered by low complexity supports and that's who was left, upheaval imps didn't feel great and there was a witch doctor who killed me so many times with death ward lol

Tenkaris fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Sep 4, 2023

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

flashman posted:

Personally I've been quite toxic in chat and playing invoker 4, what has changed to make people better behaved?

:shrug: The fear of the new mod system working?

Haven't seen a single "ez" or raging baby since the new update.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

It's pretty nuts that may have fixed my number one issue with the game for the past eleven years. I don't mind poo poo talking, but Dota people always went above and beyond. It got to the point that in the past few years I could accurately predict if we'd lose a game in the first few seconds based on how passive aggressive someone was on mic.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Sab669 posted:

:shrug: The fear of the new mod system working?

Haven't seen a single "ez" or raging baby since the new update.

I read about it in the game after there's communication rating too now.. I can't ping items yet

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

saw that turbo matches are half-credit so queued for a normal

picked witch doctor... and won, went 5/2/4, good times :D

and I got a camera courier .. welp

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

:thunk:

and holy poo poo, this was my first game as Nature's Prophet since 2021; what a busted rear end hero. I fed like 5 kills to a Sniper-Windrunner lane (me and an Earthshaker) and the we still just effortlessly turned it around when I/QoP hit 6. Also had a Sven-Io safelane to relocate in. Just absolute global dominance.

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

Another win, this time doing clueless spectre, managed to solo kill monkey king twice though! Antimage on the other hand...

Regardless, another win :D got the tormentor in this one :argh: I WANT COSTUMES

rkd_
Aug 25, 2022
Went 24-6-20 in a game and still lost it. Depressing.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

The boys love turbos but I just suck at them everyone gets farmed and were potatoes so the games go long enough that the lane is somewhat irrelevant.. Can't get into it at all playing sup

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

Another allpick win as witch doctor, I love death ward :kheldragar:

Got a monkey king stick

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Tenkaris posted:

I am playing my first dota games trying to get free cosmetics

I have been watching pro dota for like a decade so I'm not clueless but mechanically I am worthless!

Played one turbo game last night as warlock support and we were terrible and lost, time to try again lol

I didn't want to play warlock but I just filtered by low complexity supports and that's who was left, upheaval imps didn't feel great and there was a witch doctor who killed me so many times with death ward lol

condolences

the hardest part is figuring out how not to feed in lane. once you can manage that you can start doing the fun stuff

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!

flashman posted:

The boys love turbos but I just suck at them everyone gets farmed and were potatoes so the games go long enough that the lane is somewhat irrelevant.. Can't get into it at all playing sup

Yeah I've tried to get into turbo games just because my work schedule makes it harder to slam out real matches like I used to but it just doesn't hit the same

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good
I feel like playing too much Turbo would just teach you bad habits. In Turbo I feel like there's no point to buy mid-tier items because the timing window is so short and they'll become obsolete in just 5 minutes so you might as well just wait a little longer to get the top tier ones.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

You can't learn bad habits from turbo if all you play is turbo

Uncle Spriggly
Jan 29, 2009
Turbo is the best. The kills-per-minute have to be significantly higher in turbo which I appreciate because the pve side of dota is necessary but boring. The only downside is that some heroes are really terrible when the other team has 5 bkbs.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Uncle Spriggly posted:

Turbo is the best. The kills-per-minute have to be significantly higher in turbo which I appreciate because the pve side of dota is necessary but boring. The only downside is that some heroes are really terrible when the other team has 5 bkbs.

You can still have plenty high KPM in non-turbo!

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHsOsON2M3Q

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

got another 2 wins today, one witch doctor and one disruptor

lovely support is alright, I like ones that can do things in team fights :D

got the mirana persona and the wraith king sword, 5/13 wins down

Tenkaris fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Sep 6, 2023

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

how longs the wins for cosmetics thing going

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

Until the 7th, not sure when on the 7th though

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Is there a better feeling than queuing with your herald friend and feeling like miracle on the invoker? I think not

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I had two games in a row hit a stalemate when we were 90% of the way there, because they had a Gyrocopter that can just blast megacreeps for 20min and probably win super lategame.

Ouroboros
Apr 23, 2011
Lost a game this morning in which our Rubick decided to start griefing while we were only a bit behind, sold all his items, fed a gem, tried to feed a rapier etc. Except then despite this we started to come back, so he started buying a new set of items and start trying again. We eventually lose a nailbiter, at which point he starts blaming the rest of the team for 'no wards' without a hint of self-awareness, incredible. My favourite part I think was when he in consecutive chat messages complained about how much MMR we were losing then insisted he didn't care. God I love this stupid game.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

It's for the severely mentally ill.

These new passive effects on the orbs is pretty dandy.. Does the wex cdr only apply if you cast the spell while wexed up?

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Tenkaris posted:

got another 2 wins today, one witch doctor and one disruptor

lovely support is alright, I like ones that can do things in team fights :D

got the mirana persona and the wraith king sword, 5/13 wins down

in like 10 years of playing i have yet to get a win on disruptor, i'm just pure garbage at that hero, my glimpses save the enemy more times than not, and i can't land a fence on anyone to save my life. when i play vs disruptor, i'm trapped in fences for days and glimpsed to base/back into fights i'm trying to get out of, but i can not for the life of me do any of that

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

29 Games and a 44% Win Rate with Disruptor. Firmly in the camp of "Love his kit, love the hero concept, can never put 2 and 2 together to make him work well" though.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I have a 58% winrate on disruptor over 80 games, he's fun, glimpsing people back to base, especially in the first 5 minutes feels so devilish

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

Plank Walker posted:

in like 10 years of playing i have yet to get a win on disruptor, i'm just pure garbage at that hero, my glimpses save the enemy more times than not, and i can't land a fence on anyone to save my life. when i play vs disruptor, i'm trapped in fences for days and glimpsed to base/back into fights i'm trying to get out of, but i can not for the life of me do any of that

I didn't do any good glimpses except for one decent one on OD, the first couple times I used it I thought it was a 4 second debuff so I was not using it properly at all, I needed to be thinking 4 seconds in the past... even when I did read the skill and figure out my mistake, it never really did anything good.

JollyBoyJohn posted:

I have a 58% winrate on disruptor over 80 games, he's fun, glimpsing people back to base, especially in the first 5 minutes feels so devilish

He's decently fun! I watched a game of Grubby playing Disruptor with Slacks coaching, so I was maxing Q chugging clarities and harassing lane with it.

I did manage to get one or two good kinetic fields and static storm combos, and managed to build an Aghs by the end which really saved us on our final highground push, I managed to silence and mute OD, Gyro and Luna. :getin:

My crowning moment was being jumped by Sven and using Static Storm to silence him, just for him to not need spells at all to right click me down :dumb:

ShimmyGuy
Jan 12, 2008

One morning, Shimmy awoke to find he was a awesome shiny bug.
Huh, saw some stuff that implies that mass false reporting can tank your behavioral score. It would make sense why Quinn's score has tanked after reporting everyone in his games for every reason.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

ShimmyGuy posted:

Huh, saw some stuff that implies that mass false reporting can tank your behavioral score. It would make sense why Quinn's score has tanked after reporting everyone in his games for every reason.

The blog post about the update specifically calls out that they'll take action against people who try to abuse the system yeah

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

15 total games played, better behavior score than Quinn :lmao:

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
I haven't played enough to have a new summary pop but the few games I have played have been a lot more fun honestly.

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

uhhh :psyduck:

my 17th game ever, my 5th witch doctor game, and by far my best yet, still undefeated :lmao:

I got the stupid courier for this though :smith: :owned:

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

I loving suck playing against Shadow Fiend mid. He always hits three razes on me and welp 600+ magic damage at level 3 wooo!

I went 0/4 against a SF mid and was like level 4 to his 7 by some ridiculous timing of 5 minutes with OD. I went on to an 18 kill streak and won but holy poo poo I was tilted. Do you just buy boots first anyway vs SF? Because I can't dodge his raze poo poo and I'm an idiot

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Use the Prometheus strategy, the razes are a specific range directly in front of him.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

Tenkaris posted:

uhhh :psyduck:

my 17th game ever, my 5th witch doctor game, and by far my best yet, still undefeated :lmao:

I got the stupid courier for this though :smith: :owned:

Fun watching you get into this. May you win out and get all the hats.

One trick I was taught earlier in my disruptor days was to use the Q to time the teamfight or lane harass glimpse. Wiki says it's 4 strikes in 6s and I don't think it hits on cast so it's probably just over 1s per strike. Glimpse goes back 4s. Glimpse takes 1.8s max for the projectile to travel. Static Field takes 1s to appear.

Glimpse had crazy range at lvl 1, field about half as far. Glimpse before you lose vision. Both the field and the glimpse projectile give vision which helps a lot for high ground sieging, ward scouting, etc.

ILL Machina fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Sep 7, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Invoker is such a dick with EMP's Shard upgrade now. I slam-pick Riki whenever I see Carl picked, if I can.