Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
Anybody else still occasionally poke into the Animal Crossing island? :kiddo: I'm fine with the content of the game as it is now, but drat, I'd be lying if I said I don't want the occasional DLC dump of new cooking recipes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Read After Burning posted:

Anybody else still occasionally poke into the Animal Crossing island? :kiddo: I'm fine with the content of the game as it is now, but drat, I'd be lying if I said I don't want the occasional DLC dump of new cooking recipes.

My girls and I played it every day for a year during the pandemic then I mostly moved on. I still catch them now and again years later jumping on the island but I try not to watch too much. The 3 of us worked together planning and designing and getting everything perfect, but at some point they worked out the terraforming so now our cute little daddy-daughters project is like, a thousand one-cube waterfalls and fish tanks scattered everywhere lol.

Which is fine! It's their game, too! I just prefer to remember it where we left it.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Yep, I do. Sometimes I get a hankerin' to design a house. I finally unlocked the ability to redecorate my villager houses after like... a year.

I haven't done a drat thing with the new furniture though. There's so much stuff and a lot of it would look nice on my island buuuuut, way too much effort. :v:

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Orange Crush Rush posted:

I’m one of those weirdos that uses fast travel as little as possible but the idea of not abusing it in ToTK makes me insane.
There’s like, 8 places in the depths you can get out without it for fucks sakes.

I had no idea you could get out of the depths at all without fast travel.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I'm sure you did it at least once if you ever talked to the big tree.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Akratic Method posted:

I had no idea you could get out of the depths at all without fast travel.

There’s these stone pillars that I like to call “reverse tower” that stick out of the ceiling, if you use ascend on them it plops you back onto ground level, usually close to a shrine or something else of note.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Last time I got on my villagers were suuuuuper passive aggressive about how long I’d been gone (“I haven’t seen you in a while! Like, 1 year 7 months and 5 days a while!”) and I’ve been too ashamed to show my face there since

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1699226711290782089
what the gently caress why loving quest of camelot

at least joy mech fight and kirby star stacker are good

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I assume it’s not translated but all the same it’s nice to finally be able to get a legal version of the SNES Star Stacker game in the west

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
I had Quest For Camelot as a kid and goddamn did that game suck rear end

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
How in the gently caress is Quest for Camelot getting a port when it's a licensed movie game that I don't think even has a blu ray release?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Put DK94 up you motherfuckers

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Diabetic posted:

How in the gently caress is Quest for Camelot getting a port when it's a licensed movie game that I don't think even has a blu ray release?

Hell, the movie itself wasn’t even that good as I recall

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Probably real cheap to license then.

Nintendo: "Hey here's :20bux:, can we put Quest For Camelot up on our game streaming service?"

Some Dude With The License: "Yeah, sure, that's more than the movie and the game grossed, together."

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

there is no way they payed upwards of 20 dollars for Camelot

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
What’s cheaper is a good first party game like Mole Mania or something

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
i still have the actual cart for quest for camelot. it sucks so hard. really bad zelda clone. i got a bit of ways in but interest fizzled put hard and fast at an age when i was willing to put up with tedious bullshit in a video game

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I always forget Joy Mech Fight exists. But it looks like a fun goofy fighter to mess around with for a bit.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

They heard some people were playing through all the Gameboy color games as a side project and said "Oh no you don't"

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
They're gonna put all the Zelda-likes that came out for the Game Boy onto the service eventually.

I bet they've been in talks with EA for months to get both of those Ultima ones on there.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Were and if the Shrek games Zelda likes?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Viewtiful Jew posted:

They're gonna put all the Zelda-likes that came out for the Game Boy onto the service eventually.

I bet they've been in talks with EA for months to get both of those Ultima ones on there.

What I'm hearing is there's a chance Megaman 64 makes it into the N64 lineup...

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

What I'm hearing is there's a chance Megaman 64 makes it into the N64 lineup...

Speaking of, how was that version of Legends compared to the PSX original?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

the same with no voice acting

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

I want a switch port of Faery Tale Adventure.
Lots of good memories of playing that on the Genesis back in the day. My mom bought it at a pawn shop for like $15 around 1993 and I played the poo poo out of it with no guide, no map, no Internet. I beat it but it took forever especially because the save / restore password feature was broken and wouldn’t work all the time, or you could accidentally glitch it and it would give you unlimited keys.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Meowywitch posted:

the same with no voice acting

I thought I heard the voice acting was still there but was heavily compressed

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Quest For Camelot was published by Titus and is a Warner Brothers property.

This probably means that Superman 64 is coming to NSO at some point.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Zuzie posted:

:stonklol:

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Orange Crush Rush posted:

There’s these stone pillars that I like to call “reverse tower” that stick out of the ceiling, if you use ascend on them it plops you back onto ground level, usually close to a shrine or something else of note.

Oh yeah! I forgot about the ascension towers. They always kinda seem to lead nowhere and frankly baffled me so I erased them from my brain, apparently.

Also weirdly blanked on the deku tree, probably because I found the Master Sword way before I figured out how to get into the lost woods, so it was just a minor chore at the end of the game

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Zuzie posted:

Some monkey's paw-rear end wish for content if ever I saw one

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

hatty posted:

Put DK94 up you motherfuckers

they haven’t even put up Mario Land 1 yet

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

nintendo is a weird baffling company which is why its even more baffling that they keep winning the console wars

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Mr.Acula posted:

nintendo is a weird baffling company which is why its even more baffling that they keep winning the console wars

The games.... Are fun

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Meowywitch posted:

The games.... Are fun

it’s just this simple folks. Sony and Microsoft spent years and billions of dollars making these ultra-spec machines and have been able to make maybe three good games between them. Meanwhile Nintendo slapped a mobile chip to some controllers and has been making banger after banger on switch for seven years running.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

How is Sea of Stars? The demo looked good but I didn't get a chance to get very far into it before Tears of the Kingdom took up all of my time.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

Jet Jaguar posted:

How is Sea of Stars? The demo looked good but I didn't get a chance to get very far into it before Tears of the Kingdom took up all of my time.

It’s apparently on gamepass if you have an Xbox.
Edit for clarity: in case you wanted to try it out.

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

I need them to out Flying Dragon and Mischief Makers on here already

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Zuzie posted:

It's a little weirder - it was developed by Titus, but it was actually published by a small indie outlet called Nintendo. Strange little piece of history.

In other news, according to a Famitsu interview with Aonuma, there are no plans for Tears of the Kingdom DLC because they've exhausted the possibilities of the game world. Fair enough.

In other, other news, the Game Center CX Nintendo DS games are getting combined together for a Switch port. These were great, and even though it's pretty unlikely, I hope they get localized!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBbEI8Pzan0

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Zuzie posted:

I consider this a threat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
*Nintendo seeing people clamoring for GoldenEye* "Ahh they want licensed games"