Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

ikanreed posted:

I mean, maybe? Printing was becoming digital around then.
Serializing was adopted by IT, not invented by it.

Like I'm imaging organizing and proofing a print run of hundreds of prototypes and the only way I have to talk on the same language as the artist, game designer, director/editor, and printshop is to write a memo about "Invoke Prejudice" and giving myself an aneurysm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

zedprime posted:

Serializing was adopted by IT, not invented by it.

Like I'm imaging organizing and proofing a print run of hundreds of prototypes and the only way I have to talk on the same language as the artist, game designer, director/editor, and printshop is to write a memo about "Invoke Prejudice" and giving myself an aneurysm.

I'm guessing it wasn't hundreds of proofs though. I'm guessing it was a few big sheets of cards they wanted cut and rounded as part of the printing.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

ikanreed posted:

I'm guessing it wasn't hundreds of proofs though. I'm guessing it was a few big sheets of cards they wanted cut and rounded as part of the printing.
A "small" expansion is 200 cards developed, printed, mixed per rarity, and released concurrently. The klan card was in an expansion of 300 odd cards.

The publishing logistics of MTG are insane and if they did their first few thousand cards in an unorganized filing cabinet, holy poo poo.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Say they picked the nazi card. Why avoid it?

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

zedprime posted:

A "small" expansion is 200 cards developed, printed, mixed per rarity, and released concurrently. The klan card was in an expansion of 300 odd cards.

The publishing logistics of MTG are insane and if they did their first few thousand cards in an unorganized filing cabinet, holy poo poo.

Back then they were still making sets by the method of Richard Garfield calling up some guys he knew and going "hey you wanna make some magic cards? give me 200 or so, thanks"

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

zedprime posted:

yet they expect people to play that poo poo? lol. they can't even notice you got a mad racist card and later get it numbered a racist number cause they got too many cards...bullshit, that poo poo's on purpose.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
They noticed it was racist, they just thought it was no big deal in that edgy nerd way, until 20 years later they went "oh wait this makes our corporate parent look bad"

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
The cards effect is essentially “magic racism” so what image do you use to convey that?

antimatt
Sep 12, 2007

ultima ratio regum

ikanreed posted:

They noticed it was racist, they just thought it was no big deal in that edgy nerd way, until 20 years later they went "oh wait this makes our corporate parent look bad"

And yet they sent Pinkertons.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
I understand why corporate wants to erase that card but it never seemed to me to be in support of prejudice

There's plenty of cards about murder and torture as well and I don't think they're trying to make you think those things are in fact good

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

maybealabia posted:

I understand why corporate wants to erase that card but it never seemed to me to be in support of prejudice

There's plenty of cards about murder and torture as well and I don't think they're trying to make you think those things are in fact good

The artist is publically a Nazi, like full on posting on his Facebook about Aryan identity poo poo. So the art doesn’t get any benefit of the doubt, because it’s very clear the imagery drawn was not a mistake.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Scratch Monkey posted:

The cards effect is essentially “magic racism” so what image do you use to convey that?

A cursed mirror, an ark, pisces, a yin yang, a parallel rift, the enchanted goggles of fakename, etc

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Arivia posted:

The artist is publically a Nazi, like full on posting on his Facebook about Aryan identity poo poo. So the art doesn’t get any benefit of the doubt, because it’s very clear the imagery drawn was not a mistake.

Well yes I know that now, and I 100% agree with banning the card

I'm just saying I knew of that card since it was new and it didn't seem any more pro-racism than dark ritual seemed genuinely pro Satan worship or whatever

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

maybealabia posted:

Well yes I know that now, and I 100% agree with banning the card

I'm just saying I knew of that card since it was new and it didn't seem any more pro-racism than dark ritual seemed genuinely pro Satan worship or whatever

Yeah it took until Innistrad for MTG to finally print “Sacrifice a Human.”

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Arivia posted:

Yeah it took until Innistrad for MTG to finally print “Sacrifice a Human.”

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Exile this filth

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

maybealabia posted:

Exile this filth

We're TRYING but she's been democratically elected in Georgia so without exiling all of Georgia or having them self exile again we're kinda stuck

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I often see Harold McNeill cards and I'm like man I like this guy's art style, who drew this o-goddamnit

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

I googled this dude because I was curious. He was un banned after 2 years.
He posted this on reddit a while ago. u/OB1FBM

quote:

im sure i could have gotten some sort of gig if i wanted to, but nothing i have been presented or came up with sounds appealing. i once had a conversation with some high up dude in a company that managed tons of vine/ig/youtube stars, like some "man behind the curtain" type poo poo. he was telling me i could move to LA, get set up with the company, theyd toss me some content producers, start some channels and get it poppin but that terminally online lifestyle has never really appealed to me. i very much enjoy that the post guided my path to a charmed life but i don't necesarily believe that being a meme should be high on most peoples list of aspirations. being famous and having tons of money doesnt make you better or happier, despite what those people try their best to make you think. from my perspective, people should aspire to be kind and curious and the charmed life will follow.

Seems like a good dude.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Old lady TOOTS as she pleases!

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Ask not for whom the rail toots; it toots for thee

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Hell yeah, granny.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Died doing what she loved. Respect.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Hoovering powder is all there is grandma. gently caress it up

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

So much has changed between then and 2032

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Not even Baja Blast, shake my drat head.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

a sexual elk posted:

Not even Baja Blast, shake my drat head.

(bah-hah)

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Cocaine Bear posted:

Died doing what she loved. Respect.

freeedr posted:

Hoovering powder is all there is grandma. gently caress it up

hell yeah

Legalize Medicinal Cocaine

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255
How the gently caress did Taco Bell survive more than a year?

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

mds2 posted:

How the gently caress did Taco Bell survive more than a year?

Boomers are degenerate filth.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

how do you say that word in the corner? Peep-Si?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Silly Burrito posted:

how do you say that word in the corner? Peep-Si?

ornj

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Pepsi orange root beer coffee.

PEPSI ORANGE ROOT BEER COFFEE.

Ground beef in a hard shell. Not a taco.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

freeedr posted:

:golfclap:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

freeedr posted:

Tacobunga!!!

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011
https://youtu.be/JPYIdjhtPxo?si=UoUxM-iV4hBctfW3
:dafuq:

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

beep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Milo and POTUS posted:

What's the original of these referencing? I saw something on reddit almost bit for bit and I assume it was some tiktok meme

Absolute King.