Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

If you were mapping out the finale ahead of time, I'd definitely be tempted to use what happened in this chapter as the template - have Allmight in his big robot suit gunning for AFO from the start and interlace all of the class A supporting cast students' individual battles with his use of their quirk-inspired gadgets.

You've still got the big names like Todoroki getting their own separate stories and fight, but it could provide more scaffolding for the parts of the finale so far that've felt like random lurches across the battlefield. It definitely strengthens Allmight's arc as we see here to make the metaphor that his strength comes from what he passes on to the next generation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

All Might defeats AfO, and then Deku is defeated by Shigaraki. All Might then shows up and defeats Shigaraki as well.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

But what about AfO's redemption? :ohdear:

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Scholtz posted:

On his death bed he asks for forgiveness before disappearing and everyone's like "oh it's cool he's nice now"

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Afo's mom shows up to finish him off.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Kild posted:

Deku's mom shows up to finish him off.

The one character who hasn't had Their Moment yet

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
We still need Deku's father to come out of nowhere with a steel chair.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

All Might is just showing the kids what to do, now they have a template to take AfO down.

Except Momo.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Momo defeats AFO, but...

It didn't feel like a win because he shrugged off the attack

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Nuebot posted:

On his death bed he asks for forgiveness before disappearing and everyone's like "oh it's cool he's nice now"

He was the coolest guy

Elite
Oct 30, 2010

Azubah posted:

All Might is just showing the kids what to do, now they have a template to take AfO down.

Except Momo.

Momo had to eat 5000 cheese burgers for fuel to help create materials for the super suit.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Scholtz posted:

He'll become a baby with no memories of his past, he will be adopted by a nice family and he will grow up to become the greatest hero.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Ah, Adventure Time

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
The Lich and Sweet Pea is a far better villain and patsy dynamic than AfO and Shigaraki.

But that’s not really fair because the Lich in Adventure Time is a top ten villain for me.

Speaking if more compelling villains than AfO and Shigaraki: I’m pretty sure this series peaked with Deku vs Gentle Criminal, but this current fight is giving it a run for its money.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
If Deku's Ultamate AFO Smashball Attack isn't called Manifest Destiny then the whole series goes in the trash.

He also needs a sonicball (Philadelphia Roll)

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

A conversation about how All Might's the man reminded me of this classic:

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Nessus posted:

A conversation about how All Might's the man reminded me of this classic:

lmao

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Supremezero posted:

I'd ask why they can't just give Hagakure clothes, because god knows every other media with invisible people have come up with some way to make invisible clothes, but I suppose this is still the manga with Mineta in it.

We also had a shapeshifter who had to be naked as well. She was given the technology to suck up blood easily, and she had an evil genius who can imbue people with quirks and can create artificial life but no suit to help with that shapeshifting.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
It's super uncomfortable that Mirio's quirk had the exact same issue but they came up with a way for him to have functional clothing but nope Hagakure has to be rear end naked.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Kanos posted:

It's super uncomfortable that Mirio's quirk had the exact same issue but they came up with a way for him to have functional clothing but nope Hagakure has to be rear end naked.

Not that it helps, but Mirio's suit supposedly took a while to develop and make, since it required a lot of his hair for the fibres that phase with him. He also definitely didn't have it during his year 2 sports event because Izuku remembers seeing his clothes fall off during it (and I think they outright say that Mirio only became actually good with his quirk/fighting in year 3).

Obviously this means that we already know how to make Hagakure clothing, just gather enough of her hair that she can have clothes that are invisible. Sadly I don't think Momo can make hair?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
It’s a fictional story so they can just make up any excuse they want as to how Hagakure has clothes

Instead they just really wanted to draw a naked teenage girl

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Flair posted:

We also had a shapeshifter who had to be naked as well. She was given the technology to suck up blood easily, and she had an evil genius who can imbue people with quirks and can create artificial life but no suit to help with that shapeshifting.

But enough about my wife.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
if he didn't want to draw the naked teenager he wouldn't

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I mean, technically, most of the time he doesn't.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/ShiinaBR/status/1701506291934400827?t=Bu7nMzhwn10SfLApOY5IwA&s=19

Of all the kids in the class, I think Mina would be the one most likely to play Fortnite.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Oh yeah, I signed up for an MHA Battle Royale beta but I have heard literally nothing about it since that came up.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Farg posted:

if he didn't want to draw the naked teenager he wouldn't

Reminder that Horikoshi repeatedly stated that Mineta is the MHA character that is most like him.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The way Fortnite has become increasingly just a big ol' anime brawler is never not going to be funny to me.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I still remember when Fortnite was a Co-Op PvE FPS with base building. :corsair:

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Fortnite is the ultimate crossover game at this point, it's neat.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

The way Fortnite has become increasingly just a big ol' anime brawler is never not going to be funny to me.

There was a time when they were running both the MHA collab and a DBZ one at the same time and had both the Deku Smash and Kamehameha weapons in the game at the same time. It was wild.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Lt. Lizard posted:

I still remember when Fortnite was a Co-Op PvE FPS with base building. :corsair:

One of the funniest quirks of modern gaming is that the entire original concept of the game was kind of a failure and the battle royale mode they added as a fun side mode took over the game entirely and turned it into a juggernaut.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Yeah, shame it sucks so bad

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
fortnite owns. deku can fight kanye west or whatever

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Azubah posted:

Fortnite is the ultimate crossover game at this point, it's neat.

I'm still waiting on them adding
Gandalf the Grey and Gandalf the White
And Monty Python and the Holy Grail's black knight
And Benito Mussolini and the Blue Meanie
And Cowboy Curtis and Jambi the Genie
Captain Kirk,
Lo-pan, every single Power Ranger
Bill S. Preston and Theodore Logan
Spock, The Rock, and Doc Ock,

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

https://tcbscans.com/chapters/7485/my-hero-academia-chapter-400

Honestly maybe slightly :nws:

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Very much NWS

E: what a loving chapter, that aside

FireWorksWell fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Sep 14, 2023

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Boy, this sure would be a good chapter if the first 2-3 pages weren't giant loving creepfests.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

ImpAtom posted:

Boy, this sure would be a good chapter if the first 2-3 pages weren't giant loving creepfests.

Yeah pretty much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Oh my loving god the mad lad actually did it