Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Billy Quizboy said he was 35 in the season 3 day camp episode but said he was 37 in season 4 during Handsome Ransom so the timeline is all over the place

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!
What Color is your Cleansuit has a joke about Monarch and 21 watching Game of Thrones together. It takes place a day after Operation PROM, which aired before Game of Thrones started. GoT seasons 1 to most of 3 aired in between Seasons 4 and 5 of VB, and wikis tell me Cleansuit and the Red Wedding aired on the same day. Don't think about it too hard.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Marvel sliding timescale, folks

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Yup. Smartphones weren't a thing when the show started. Calvin and Hobbes celebrated a new Christmas every year and never aged a day. Just go with it. It's a cartoon.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Also, people can have more than one stroke and Action Man was just in coma town, he wasn't dead yet.

It could still be a future stroke that does him in. However, the way that Orpheus knowingly says "a stroke" in season 7, it seems like this was the event he was referring to.

Riven
Apr 22, 2002
All I can hear right now in my head is Orpheus going

“TIIIIIIME does not MATTER HERE. It is a cartoon! Do not put your mind to such worries as continuityyyyy. Where do you think we are? BABYLON FIIIIIIVE???”

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Riven posted:

All I can hear right now in my head is Orpheus going

“TIIIIIIME does not MATTER HERE. It is a cartoon! Do not put your mind to such worries as continuityyyyy. Where do you think we are? BABYLON FIIIIIIVE???”

Sorry, I think you mean

TIME does not matter HEEEERE! It is a carTOOON!!!

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

bull3964 posted:

Also, people can have more than one stroke and Action Man was just in coma town, he wasn't dead yet.

It could still be a future stroke that does him in. However, the way that Orpheus knowingly says "a stroke" in season 7, it seems like this was the event he was referring to.

Or Orpheus foresaw the date that Action Man's soul would move from this world to another - not necessarily death, Hank came back!

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Action Man would have died had Orpheus not intervened to let them get to the hospital. So the future he saw was Action Man dying, and he decided to change that future when he got there.

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

bull3964 posted:

"Tag Sale, You're It!" was on when I had the marathon stream on last night and I can't believe I never noticed how badly these two lines of dialog fit into things compared to Season 3 and hell, even two episodes later.

We know in "Shadowman 9: In the Cradle of Destiny" that The Monarch was a henchman for Phantom Limb so he drat well knows who he is and he knows that Shelia was his Number 2. Of course, that was a in Season 3.

But then in "The Trail of the Monarch" we see that he even knows then that she worked for Phantom Limb, that was just two episodes later. So the lie of "I've never met him before" is something "The Monarch" should have spotted.

The bring that up in the artbook, as it happens.

quote:

JP: This episode caught some fan scrutiny because in "Tag Sale - You're It!" Monarch doesn't seem to know who Phantom Limb is. But we get around that by saying, "The Monarch's full of poo poo." He's protecting that long-ago secret that he was just a henchman for Phantom Limb and used to lust after Dr. Girlfriend.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

I will always love that their answer to plotholes is just "Our characters lie and have poo poo memories."

Riven
Apr 22, 2002

feedmyleg posted:

Sorry, I think you mean

TIME does not matter HEEEERE! It is a carTOOON!!!

That is exactly what I meant.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
So, old youtuber, Steak Bentley put out a Venture Bros. video last year (and his only video in like...four years. So, yeah. It's really good.)

I decided to rewatch it, and after the movie finale, holy poo poo, he calls the Rusty and Malcolm are clones of the same guy straight out around the 40 minute mark based on Ben's speech in the Halloween special as a throw away line, and my brain just exploded.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

I love the sad resignation in Orpheus’s voice when he says “a stroke…” in the latter half of the clip.

Sanschel posted:

It’s still a bit unknown even with that prediction, as there’s cultural references made in the last few seasons that wouldn’t have existed two years after the first season. I like the idea that Action Man took Orpheus’ words to heart and changed his lifestyle and habits which pushed the date of the stroke out a few years, letting the timeline slide as needed

The thing is taking into account cultural references the boys should be in their mid-30s, the show has always existed with comic book “world outside your window” logic where Peter Parker and Bruce Wayne are still young men despite some of their major cultural touchstone stories existing back in the days of rotary phones and no internet.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

AlternateNu posted:

So, old youtuber, Steak Bentley put out a Venture Bros. video last year (and his only video in like...four years. So, yeah. It's really good.)

I decided to rewatch it, and after the movie finale, holy poo poo, he calls the Rusty and Malcolm are clones of the same guy straight out around the 40 minute mark based on Ben's speech in the Halloween special as a throw away line, and my brain just exploded.

I totally did the Leonardo DiCaprio point when that happened in the movie because of this very video

Steak doesn't have a lot of videos but they're all bangers

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

The movie is up on Max now, if you've been waiting for that news.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

My shirt arrived today. I wasn’t expecting custom Venture packaging. Is that something they’ve always done?

Warbird fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Sep 5, 2023

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Saw the movie and loved it.

Also want to say how I like how they handled Hank and his headmates, not always just young adults his age but having a crisis of identity is a big deal. Imagine being a clone and all the *gestures at his father and the VENTURE life* in Hank's situation on top of that.

I'm sure even if they went with a scifi clone memory and supernatural channeling dead people it'd still be serviceable allegory but it's nice to be more grounded and straight forward.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Warbird posted:

My shirt arrived today. I wasn’t expecting custom Venture packaging. Is that something they’ve always done?

Yeah its the same packaging they used to do but blue instead of red. The tags attached to the shirts and the individual packaging is new tho. The hey helper sticker is cool tho. It's pretty bittersweet tho knowing this is the last time I'm going to get my tshirt stable refreshed with vbros shirts.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Weird, none of my poo poo club shirts have shipped yet.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
I got a tracking number for my first shirt on Friday, but it hasn't actually been mailed out yet.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I still have a Hank Buck from way back when

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

bull3964 posted:

Weird, none of my poo poo club shirts have shipped yet.

Probably because you subscribed to poo poo club.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Sash! posted:

I have all of mine somewhere because I was out of the country during the whole towel thing

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
My bank doesn't take Hank Bucks and I've written letters to Biden on how I'm unhappy about this.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Mine went from “USPS awaiting package” whatever to “out for delivery” with no steps on between so keep an eye out.

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

I still haven’t even gotten tracking info, but I definitely got subscribed to their mailing list.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

Sash! posted:

I still have all my Hank Bux too:shepspends:

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

apparently in the commentary for the episode:

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

It’s all the shirts at once. Not like the last few where it’s one a week for each release. It lacks so much of the razzledazzle but it makes sense for the guys to try and maximize profit on this last hurrah.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Got an email that they restocked these four designs. Will probably go fast:
https://www.titmousestuff.com/collections/the-venture-bros

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Going through my in-laws vhs tapes and slapping a sticker on each of them that reads "ORGY '67"

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

AlternateNu posted:

I remember watching this when it came out, but rewatching it was a good choice.

Knowing what's in your spoiler tags there, I really appreciate how often Steak switches to a clip of Rusty and Malcom together whenever he says a line like "for everything telling [Rusty] he's supposed to be a hero, there's just as much screaming villain, because they come from the same place, they're the same person" or "it's all about two people who come from the same place, made of the same stuff" (talking about Rusty and JJ), all way before he actually mentions the theory

Ditocoaf fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Sep 6, 2023

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I just now appreciated the creative decision to use a Rob Base song to rob a base.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

moths posted:

I just now appreciated the creative decision to use a Rob Base song to rob a base.

Jesus loving christ

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

moths posted:

holy poo poo

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10

moths posted:

...gently caress

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

AlternateNu posted:

:lmao: at 26 minutes in when he does a Hatred impression

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Watching a clip from the movie again, and JJ's callsign on the Ventronic dash is "Little Brother." He really was the anti-Jonas in every way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

moths posted:

:aaaaa: