Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/WrestlingCovers/status/1695591859173650787

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

good for max

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Oh, that's where the Sinister Minister's been.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
for anyone else who hates yourself, the bell just rung on tyrus vs ec3

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Davros1 posted:

Part me thinks there's no way Billy will take the title off Tyrus because he loves the Fox News appearances.

On the other hand, I can also see Billy having Tyrus lose just so he can bring him back under a mask and try to do a "Midnight Rider" style storyline with him.

I think this is coming true.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
The boyhood dream has come true for ECIII

https://twitter.com/wrestlingcovers/status/1695993099820908938?s=46&t=AwMtDeZF_tX5DmOd53fE0g

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

After the match, they gave Tyrus a commemorative belt so he still has something to carry while on Fox News.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Wait this might just be the still but...EC3 looks...a little more normal again?

Oh my loving god

https://twitter.com/futurafreesky/status/1695990720702607680

SamuraiFoochs fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Aug 28, 2023

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/futurafreesky/status/1695991855974912238
https://twitter.com/futurafreesky/status/1695989741584302271

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

this is wrestling *clap clap clapclapclap*

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I am asking this without a hint of exaggeration. Is Tyrus the shittiest wrestler to ever have held a title OF ANY KIND in anything that wasn't a bumblefuck indy? I'm talking, I think you could probably go WWE, WCW, ECW, NWA, TNA, ROH, PWG, AEW, NJPW, AJPW, DDT, FMA, WAR, you name it....I think VINCE RUSSO was probably a better wrestler than this, and again, not joking. Judy Bagwell was a WCW Tag Champ, but I bet she'd cook more than Tyrus.

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

Tyrus looks like he was moving with all the speed of a glacier.

If you're reading this post 10+ years in the future, a glacier was a giant block of ice that moved very slowly across the land, like how turtles used to move before they were all obliterated by the climate wars of 2030

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

haunted bong posted:

Tyrus looks like he was moving with all the speed of a glacier.

Yeah, I was thinking of how Tyrus did that 747 splash like One Man Gang used to do but it looked like at quarter speed. (Not that OMG wouldn't half-heartedly do it now and then, but he'd probably have put some pep in his step for a title match.)

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

seeing tyrus "hit the ropes" whoo boy

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I am asking this without a hint of exaggeration. Is Tyrus the shittiest wrestler to ever have held a title OF ANY KIND in anything that wasn't a bumblefuck indy? I'm talking, I think you could probably go WWE, WCW, ECW, NWA, TNA, ROH, PWG, AEW, NJPW, AJPW, DDT, FMA, WAR, you name it....I think VINCE RUSSO was probably a better wrestler than this, and again, not joking. Judy Bagwell was a WCW Tag Champ, but I bet she'd cook more than Tyrus.

Khali? fwiw Khali is rated 2.23 on cagematch, and Tyrus 3.08. There was at least a period in which Tyrus looked decent, Khali was always awful.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
unironically, Violent J would've worked a better match than Tyrus

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

unironically, Violent J would've worked a better match than Tyrus

say what you want about ICP, but apparently they are amazing promoters to work for

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

I'm going to miss Tyrus's wrestling.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Sticky Nate posted:

I'm going to miss Tyrus's wrestling.

The only thing that brought me more joy than his wrestling were the weird ways the NWA would have to book and agent matches around him having to move too much.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
"Creatively, Billy Corgan and I, both Pisces, both out of our minds creatively," EC3 said. "Kind of like very eccentric and esoteric in a way. I mean, [we're] super-geniuses at a creative level. So I think that's why it's a good fit. I think the industry of wrestling has found itself in a complacent creative bubble. I think it's a lot of replication of [things] people are already seeing, or have seen. I think very few have the courage or the boldness to stand out and be themselves, and that's in every company, ours included."

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Imagining EC3 going around like Wile E. Coyote with a card that reads 'Ethan Carter III: Super Creative Genius.'

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I too believe that the man who reinvented mrs dash is a brilliant creative genius the likes of which we have never seen in pro rasslin

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

They went from one conservative moron to a different, more agile conservative moron. Progress?

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I would very much like to know the actual circumstances behind why tyrus is like this

Is it long covid? He can’t do any cardio or any working out because of that? Did his heart take a hit and he just doesnt have any power to his motor? Is he just fat and lazy?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

rotinaj posted:

I would very much like to know the actual circumstances behind why tyrus is like this

Is it long covid? He can’t do any cardio or any working out because of that? Did his heart take a hit and he just doesnt have any power to his motor? Is he just fat and lazy?

I think it's as simple as he's 50 and in bad shape.

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZqo4OZ0Pqs

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
Also if your boss is convinced you're the best champion in wrestling history, despite presumably watching you wrestle, why try harder?

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

apophenium posted:

Also if your boss is convinced you're the best champion in wrestling history, despite presumably watching you wrestle, why try harder?

Because one can see the houses they are drawing and see the matches you are having and go “nobody cares and i am gassed and lying on the ground for half the match, something isn’t right here”

Like, if he really thinks he is doing great work here, i would like to know that. I have my doubts that he does, and would like to know what is really to blame. Is it just delusion?

It would be interesting to get a legit tell-all book by someone about NWA since Billy Corgan took over

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

rotinaj posted:

Because one can see the houses they are drawing and see the matches you are having and go “nobody cares and i am gassed and lying on the ground for half the match, something isn’t right here”

Like, if he really thinks he is doing great work here, i would like to know that. I have my doubts that he does, and would like to know what is really to blame. Is it just delusion?

It would be interesting to get a legit tell-all book by someone about NWA since Billy Corgan took over

Tyrus is a right-wing grifter who managed to stick around on Fox News even though he sexually assaulted somebody. This is not a person with any sort of pride or self-respect. It's all about the money.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

A Fancy Hat posted:

Tyrus is a right-wing grifter who managed to stick around on Fox News even though he sexually assaulted somebody. This is not a person with any sort of pride or self-respect. It's all about the money.

Tyrus is a really lovely guy but the accusations against him are sexual harassment (namely a lot of really creepy texts) not sexual assault unless something new came out.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

A Fancy Hat posted:

This sounds more like you want to dehumanize the guy and turn him into a cartoon character because you have spent entirely too much time in the trump lol thread

Yes he super sucks as a human being, and yes he is a sex pest, but saying he is incapable of having pride in himself or self-respect without knowing the guy and digging into his brain is exactly why psychologists have a standing policy of “don’t psychoanalyze people you have only seen on tv”.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
The last time I looked at cage match out of curiosity for Tyrus, nearly all his matches since winning the title were tags. The ones that were singles matches rarely went more then 5 minutes. I would argue that Tyrus & Billy both know he can't go anymore and are doing their best to hide that. But even in limited doses he looks awful.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

syzpid posted:

The last time I looked at cage match out of curiosity for Tyrus, nearly all his matches since winning the title were tags. The ones that were singles matches rarely went more then 5 minutes. I would argue that Tyrus & Billy both know he can't go anymore and are doing their best to hide that. But even in limited doses he looks awful.

If you watch these matches you will see they are designed around this. Meaning beyond the booking they will be agented in way where Tyrus can either just stand in the middle of the ring doing nothing or lay on the ground "selling" for awkward stretches.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

rotinaj posted:

This sounds more like you want to dehumanize the guy and turn him into a cartoon character because you have spent entirely too much time in the trump lol thread

Yes he super sucks as a human being, and yes he is a sex pest, but saying he is incapable of having pride in himself or self-respect without knowing the guy and digging into his brain is exactly why psychologists have a standing policy of “don’t psychoanalyze people you have only seen on tv”.

Yeah I guess I should get to know the guy who said he'd assault his kids if they talked about pronouns. Silly me.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

A Fancy Hat posted:

Yeah I guess I should get to know the guy who said he'd assault his kids if they talked about pronouns. Silly me.

You have gone too far the other direction and now are reducing a human being to being an evil villain

People don’t sit around rubbing their hands and cackling about how evil they are, everybody thinks they are right and they are justified. I am gonna guess that he and billy corgan dont sit down before the show and say “gently caress it, just lie on the mat for ten minutes and then do a bad splash, itll have to do”

Just writing off someone and saying “they’re evil and do not have an inner monologue” is dumb as gently caress

I do believe i have not said he is a good person who deserves love and affection, i simply want to know what’s going on to make him think these absolutely pathetic matches are actually good

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
This upcoming EC3 vs. Tom Latimer feud will at least lead to "watchable" title matches going forward. And I'm someone who actually really dug Trevor Murdoch and Tim Storm. :eng99:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Dishwasher posted:

This upcoming EC3 vs. Tom Latimer feud will at least lead to "watchable" title matches going forward. And I'm someone who actually really dug Trevor Murdoch and Tim Storm. :eng99:

That feud sounds very unwatchable EC3 matches have been very bad and mostly boring.

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
NWA Thread: Matches have been very bad and mostly boring

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://twitter.com/postwrestling/status/1699377470007353466?s=46&t=AwMtDeZF_tX5DmOd53fE0g

Billy pls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Punk will be all set to sign and then he finds out Colt Cabana held the NWA World Heavyweight Championship once and flips out.