Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

skipped to a random place in that video called "Michael Cole's greatest one liners" and it was "IT'S BOSS TIME!"

that says about everything you need to know about Michael Cole

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

closet statist
Mar 9, 2010

Travelled halfway around the world for 32 after 30 and 31 were both great and hoo boy what a waste of 34 hours of flight time

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Watched the Gable/Gunther match again & holy poo poo...THAT'S the kind of match you want to make a championship feel legitimate. Gunther has been awesome & the pops Gable got were insane, really hope they let him win the IC & continue keeping it the workhorse title.

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

That DICK! posted:

he did good on that mankind call
Helps when Vince isn't screaming in his ear.

I assume people would've preferred JR but he has Hell in a Cell as his greatest cal

l

closet statist posted:

Travelled halfway around the world for 32 after 30 and 31 were both great and hoo boy what a waste of 34 hours of flight time

The Triple H vs Face Roman wasn't a clue?

Island Nation fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Sep 6, 2023

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

BOOTY-ADE posted:

Watched the Gable/Gunther match again & holy poo poo...THAT'S the kind of match you want to make a championship feel legitimate. Gunther has been awesome & the pops Gable got were insane, really hope they let him win the IC & continue keeping it the workhorse title.

All of their matches have been worth watching. I think that last five minutes from last night was incredible though. Both guys countering and almost coming away with a win, and it takes Gunther using a brutal death combination of three finishers in a row to keep Gable down.

And I love that Gunther doesn't have just one finisher, and instead of spamming something like the powerbomb, he adds something else to it.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

The best match on Mania 32 was the 10-women Total Divas tie-in match because it was the only match on the card wrestled with any sort of energy. I also looked up the card and saw

Baron Corbin won by last eliminating Kane[Note 2] 20-man battle royal for the André the Giant Memorial Trophy[120] 9:41

and that it came AFTER the loving 30 minutes of Shane and Undertaker doing worked MMA grappling and oh my god, what a loving deathmarch of a card.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wF1xEQEYwE8

They uploaded the whole GUNTHER vs Gable match.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Orange Carlisle posted:

didn't gable try to say at some point that shorty g was his idea

And Nikki Cross said the lovely superhero bullshit was her idea.

WWE wrestlers are trained to said that any bad gimmick they get was their idea, and all the good ones were given to them.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Dimebags Brain posted:

The best match on Mania 32 was the 10-women Total Divas tie-in match because it was the only match on the card wrestled with any sort of energy. I also looked up the card and saw

Baron Corbin won by last eliminating Kane[Note 2] 20-man battle royal for the André the Giant Memorial Trophy[120] 9:41

and that it came AFTER the loving 30 minutes of Shane and Undertaker doing worked MMA grappling and oh my god, what a loving deathmarch of a card.

There was also that Ryback vs Kalisto match that was better than it had any right to be.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Becky vs Tiffany Stratton for the Women's NXT title next Tuesday

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

That DICK! posted:

he did good on that mankind call

JR was feeding Cole lines at that point (JR had begun to recover from his Bell's Palsy attack, just not enough to be back on TV yet).

closet statist
Mar 9, 2010

Island Nation posted:

The Triple H vs Face Roman wasn't a clue?

Booked with no matches announced - wanted the package and a decent seat. I know better now

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

bartok posted:

How many times has Nakumura busted his rear end in WWE? All I got is his NXT debut against Sami Zayn. He doesn't need to put on bangers so he doesn't it's very WWE of him.

I mean this is his retirement. He shows up, does whatever, and spends most of his time getting paid and surfing.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

don't want to go find it but every time i hear about nakamura surfing i think about that time he tweeted asking people who said he likes surfing. i'm sure he does and he was messinga round but it's one of them things. live laugh love

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1699244428701950330

Too PG to say “killed him”

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Liquid Communism posted:

I mean this is his retirement. He shows up, does whatever, and spends most of his time getting paid and surfing.

On the one hand, good for him, on the other hand one of the reasons I stopped watching WWE is how I'm supposed to be hyped for phenomenal wrestlers because they are successfully getting paid. Just totally losing my poo poo when someone like Owens makes his way to a lovely squash going "Wooo, go get that paycheck!"

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

I hate when wwe does this poo poo. Couldn’t figure out how to work it properly so you just make it to where you can only make it look corny.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

oh my god....! what just happened....? there are no words...!?

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
Are we supposed to believe he smashed his skull in

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

mooseinfants posted:

Are we supposed to believe he smashed his skull in

If Von Wagner comes back next with a normal brow line this angle is 100% worth it

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Did the cameraman die?

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

It's like the Sopranos

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Invalid Validation posted:

Could you imagine telling people your dad is Seth Rollins?

Counterpoint: Iy you can do that, then you also get to tell people your mum is Becky Lynch.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNUg6AKjC-w

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
That was actually like the clearest and least jumbled cutting wwe camerawork i have seen in months lol

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Dimebags Brain posted:

It's like the Sopranos

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/Maffewgregg/status/1699364837174714590?s=20

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Florida has aged him, Jesus

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

It's okay, it's not like he *checks notes* just turned 25 :stare:

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

He joined Drake Wuertz' church, right?

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
The lady doing Joey Tribbiani's smell the fart acting.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

History Comes Inside! posted:

Florida has aged him, Jesus

they explode more than your knees down there

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

I don't watch NXT, but that tweet tells me nothing about who those people are in that lovely low quality Twitter video. I assume that's Breakker, but I have no idea who just had their skull smashed in

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

rotinaj posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTfkcSnTVMI

I am having a hard time coming to terms with the fact that there are people who grew up hearing michael cole as their first announcer and being nostalgic for him

Michael Cole is so bad
cole was passable when he was commentating with taz on smackdown and mcmahon clearly wasnt yelling in his ear so he got to actually play straight man and just do generic normal commentating that bounced off of taz well

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

maybe im just thinking of all the times they alluded to them having gay sex

Taffy Torpedo
Feb 2, 2008

...Can we have the radio?
Nah he was also decent in the Cruiserweight/Mae Young Classics.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Endorph posted:

cole was passable when he was commentating with taz on smackdown and mcmahon clearly wasnt yelling in his ear so he got to actually play straight man and just do generic normal commentating that bounced off of taz well

Kinda damning with faint praise there

I wish the nxt commentary posted above would go full dragonball z

“Oh my god, Bron Breakker is gonna send Von Wagner to the next dimension

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

rotinaj posted:

I wish the nxt commentary posted above would go full dragonball z

“Oh my god, Bron Breakker is gonna send Von Wagner to the next dimension

:stat: "Von Wagner's gonna end up in the Home For Infinite Losers!"
:wal: "Well, the Performance Center is right down the road, so he won't have too far to go!"

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

It has only been 2.5 years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Oh poo poo I was just thinking about that dude. Legit didn't know that was him.