Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-7gbWKbXbQ

new Felix character

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

It's like if Felix put on the dril mask from Truthpoint

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i was flippin' bricks for Mansa Musa before y'all became a type one civilization!

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Listened to this again, may it brighten your day too.

https://youtu.be/L2eq-rpAUIw?si=TQvNX41KA-HouVGb

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I thought this was going to be about oil

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Mods change my name to White Slop

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://twitter.com/gunterfehlinger/status/1698743075453952052?s=46&t=AwMtDeZF_tX5DmOd53fE0g

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I don't keep up with this stuff. How many of the NAFO guys are pedophiles and how many are fascists and what's the Venn diagram on that look like?

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Halloween Jack posted:

I don't keep up with this stuff. How many of the NAFO guys are pedophiles and how many are fascists and what's the Venn diagram on that look like?

can't talk about the pedo part but the nafo/fash venn is a circle.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
By the by, I was interested in the discussion about food memes being used as a cover for really obvious racism. I wasn't sure if this was something a lot of people were encountering, but I learned new slurs from a Twitter thread about the proper way to season chicken.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

How are these guys so bad at pronouncing Spanish words lol

Hellequin
Feb 26, 2008

You Scream! You open your TORN, ROTTED, DECOMPOSED MOUTH AND SCREAM!

Halloween Jack posted:

By the by, I was interested in the discussion about food memes being used as a cover for really obvious racism. I wasn't sure if this was something a lot of people were encountering, but I learned new slurs from a Twitter thread about the proper way to season chicken.

There's a really good Radio War Nerd episode from a month or two back about the whole NAFO thing that goes into how vile a lot of the people behind it are.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Space Camp fuckup posted:

Val Ay Joe

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Yo Way Yo, Home Va-Ray

metachronos
Sep 11, 2001

When I roll, baby I roll DEEP
What movie episode was it where Will kept pronouncing it "Cryro," that poo poo was infuriating lol.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Space Camp fuckup posted:

this is generally how most white americans sound while talking in spanish

TerminalSaint
Apr 21, 2007

Where must we go...

we who wander this Wasteland in search of our better selves?

metachronos posted:

What movie episode was it where Will kept pronouncing it "Cryro," that poo poo was infuriating lol.

Demolition Man if I'm not mistaken.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

The REAL Goobusters posted:

this is generally how most white americans sound while talking in spanish

A lot of that is actively trying to not do an accent, most of us are smart enough to not want to risk doing a Speedy Gonzales by accident. We're gonna get dinged for something anyway, but it's best to minimize what you can, you know?

Also, "rother".

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

metachronos posted:

lol this got me too

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

A lot of that is actively trying to not do an accent, most of us are smart enough to not want to risk doing a Speedy Gonzales by accident. We're gonna get dinged for something anyway, but it's best to minimize what you can, you know?

i hate this though, like texans purposefully mispronouncing "fajj-ih-tahs". obama took some poo poo for saying "pokkiston" but you won't sound like you're doing a minstrel show if you pronounce things correctly

the only problem is when a spanish speaker hears you say something correctly and assumes you're fluent

in conclusion, peggy hill was trying, dammit

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Yo Way Yo, Home Va-Ray

Yo vray rah, jerum Brunnen-G

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

i say swears online posted:

i hate this though, like texans purposefully mispronouncing "fajj-ih-tahs". obama took some poo poo for saying "pokkiston" but you won't sound like you're doing a minstrel show if you pronounce things correctly

the only problem is when a spanish speaker hears you say something correctly and assumes you're fluent

in conclusion, peggy hill was trying, dammit

You say this, but we cannot ever trust our instincts about anything where other people may observe us and then write another article about how much we suck.

I have my orders from The Council.

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

i say swears online posted:

I have this problem because I have perfect French pronunciation but I'm too dumb to learn the language. I've actually started intentionally having an accent again so people will talk slow enough that I can kind of keep up.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Also, "rother".

Code switching to “correctly” pronounce words like “burrito” makes anyone who isn’t a native speaker seem like a dickhead. I’m speaking English here, you can’t make me roll an R.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

The Kingfish posted:

Code switching to “correctly” pronounce words like “burrito” makes anyone who isn’t a native speaker seem like a dickhead. I’m speaking English here, you can’t make me roll an R.

Is it a tor-tilla or a tor-teeya? Because you are already code switching it’s just you can’t roll your Rs and bear this shame poorly

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

love to eat some joll ah pay no peppers

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

la joel-la is my favorite part of san diego

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

chihooahhooah

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

I'll make u roll an r

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

Crossposting this from the TAFS thread (it's the diarrhea plane):

https://twitter.com/arbyswehavethe2/status/1699135291506725177

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Pharmaskittle posted:

I'll make u roll an r

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Gripweed posted:

Yo vray rah, jerum Brunnen-G

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

Hellequin posted:

There's a really good Radio War Nerd episode from a month or two back about the whole NAFO thing that goes into how vile a lot of the people behind it are.
Thanks for the recommend, that was a great listen. I figured the NAFO guys were dumbfucks but I didn't realize that they're Anime Nazis for whom this was the next step after Frenworld. I mean, I guess there's no way to poll NAFO people and know for certain, but even setting aside that Kamil Dyszewski is a Nazi, all the features are there: the coordinated trolling, the sincere demand for genocide masked as just goofin', the infighting and the need to periodically devour one of their own as a human sacrifice, and the way that most of these guys, if and when they reveal themselves, embody the stereotype of the loser nerd in mom's basement.

It makes me wonder what value there actually is in militaries controlling the memespace. How would we ever know if it even has potential to swing diplomatic outcomes in your favour?

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Halloween Jack posted:

Thanks for the recommend, that was a great listen. I figured the NAFO guys were dumbfucks but I didn't realize that they're Anime Nazis for whom this was the next step after Frenworld. I mean, I guess there's no way to poll NAFO people and know for certain, but even setting aside that Kamil Dyszewski is a Nazi, all the features are there: the coordinated trolling, the sincere demand for genocide masked as just goofin', the infighting and the need to periodically devour one of their own as a human sacrifice, and the way that most of these guys, if and when they reveal themselves, embody the stereotype of the loser nerd in mom's basement.

It makes me wonder what value there actually is in militaries controlling the memespace. How would we ever know if it even has potential to swing diplomatic outcomes in your favour?

Speaking from Brazil, it certainly does create a hard little (or not so little) 'core' of opposition to nominally progressive/independent government that always needs to be pacified and danced around.

The local press is just losing its poo poo we're going for the BRICS thing, and lots of otherwise respectable people think this means the crazy reds are gearing up to invade Florida any day now.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

What was that thing they mentioned about the Pope possibly taking action against American Catholics?

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Sephyr posted:

Speaking from Brazil, it certainly does create a hard little (or not so little) 'core' of opposition to nominally progressive/independent government that always needs to be pacified and danced around.

The local press is just losing its poo poo we're going for the BRICS thing, and lots of otherwise respectable people think this means the crazy reds are gearing up to invade Florida any day now.

Why Florida and not Louisiana that seems much easier

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Halloween Jack posted:

The entire history of the 20th century was about radicalizing shut-in losers into doing enough stochastic terrorism to destabilize their countries for the real fascist puppet masters to seize power

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

net work error posted:

Why Florida and not Louisiana that seems much easier

We have tons of sleeper agents in FL already.

Just kidding, the average brazilian in Florida is a wealthy chud that likely thinks Fox went woke and mainlines Newsmax.

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

Florida is basically Brazil already just give it to them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

heh heh remember when bolso was so full of poo poo he was gonna die if he didn't leave the country and get a shittectomy

twice