Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

ImpAtom posted:

In NMH he:

Gets put on trial as part of Stark Industries for the London stuff (which, again, presumably doesn't go away, just Spider-Man's part does so this probably looks *worse* for him because it is now just Starktech running lose and murdering a 'hero' by accident/because of Spider-Man)
Gets his apartment blown up
Gets his maybe-girlfriend killed
Gets arrested
Gets mindwiped so as far as he knows a bunch of supervillains broke into his house and murdered his girlfriend for no real reason and/or because he was helping Spider-Man.
This is in addition to his previous experiences with losing his best friend, being put into a coma and in general having life poo poo on him.

Dude's life is untold suffering.

Truly the Miles O'Brien of the MCU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

ImpAtom posted:

Dr. Strange absolutely would take the chance to make Peter not his problem.

Yeah. Strange very much saw Peter as an annoyance so it’s not surprising he didn’t take the time/risk to try and help him out. This whole mess was just Strange’s latest experiment and mess to clean up. He moved on.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

ImpAtom posted:

In NMH he:

Gets put on trial as part of Stark Industries for the London stuff (which, again, presumably doesn't go away, just Spider-Man's part does so this probably looks *worse* for him because it is now just Starktech running lose and murdering a 'hero' by accident/because of Spider-Man)
Gets arrested
Gets mindwiped so as far as he knows a bunch of supervillains broke into his house and murdered his girlfriend for no real reason and/or because he was helping Spider-Man.
This is in addition to his previous experiences with losing his best friend, being put into a coma and in general having life poo poo on him.

Wait when did he get put in a coma? Is that some plot point I don't remember from Age of Ultron or something?

But yeah, Parker and Happy are definitely neck-and-neck in the race to "saddest bastard in the MCU"

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

TwoPair posted:

Wait when did he get put in a coma? Is that some plot point I don't remember from Age of Ultron or something?

Most of Iron Man 3

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I figure Happy gets to hang around Pepper and be like a surrogate father for Morgan. And I suppose if they never show up again you can say he and Pepper got together like they did in the comics.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Happy comforting Tony’s kid is like one of the saddest things in Endgame to me. And yeah it’s a huge bummer that he then loses May and for all intents and purposes Peter as his kind of surrogate kid but also another link back to Tony.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

STAC Goat posted:

Happy comforting Tony’s kid is like one of the saddest things in Endgame to me. And yeah it’s a huge bummer that he then loses May and for all intents and purposes Peter as his kind of surrogate kid but also another link back to Tony.

Yeah, that’s a really great little understated moment. Favreau in general has been really good as Happy.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Yeah, that’s a really great little understated moment. Favreau in general has been really good as Happy.

He was also terribly underrated as Foggy Nelson in the Affleck Daredevil.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

ImpAtom posted:

In NMH he:

Gets arrested

And in NWH they made him into a joke character who was constantly being broken up with by May.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...
And this guy is 'Happy' you say.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Unkempt posted:

And this guy is 'Happy' you say.

It's ironic. They named him wrong. As a joke.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Same with Iron Man.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Arist posted:

thats a different movie

I knew what they meant but I guess you were being pedantic about the the

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I still have not seen The Flash Yet, but youtuber Steve Shives did a video about it, and maybe he's right that the core Flash stuff is good, but it gets overwhelmed by Batman/Superman stuff. But the worst thing i got from his video, was the clips of the CGI used for a lot of the cameos. I'm sorry, how can people go "oh look at how poo poo CGI is in marvel films" and then not even mention the ps3 cutscene quality of Nick Cage Superman? I guess its because more people saw Quantumania and Love and Thunder more than they saw the Flash.

https://youtu.be/QFCawLeOiNk?si=mNbDsMYT4qYfynGl

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I'm not sure what you mean about nobody saying anything about it. It was probably the actual biggest complaint about the actual movie itself. Everyone said the CGI was terrible.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
Even the apologists that will correctly point out that all that stuff is sort of an otherworldly vision seen through a Vaseline lens... admit that it looks like poo poo (and lol that DC says it looks like poo poo on purpose!)

A lot of the actual main plot CGI with the batwing or superwoman look basically fine though, as do the primary Flash effects. Not great, but fine

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I don’t watch movies, I only agree with YouTube analysis videos

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

ruddiger posted:

I don’t watch movies, I only agree with YouTube analysis videos

Same, but only when the YouTube video is twice as long as the movie.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

X-O posted:

I'm not sure what you mean about nobody saying anything about it. It was probably the actual biggest complaint about the actual movie itself. Everyone said the CGI was terrible.

I honestly never saw anyone mention the CGI at all, I guess it was more due to people not wanting to spoil it than people not caring.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
And also I’ll say “no one is talking about this” when it’s one of the most talked about aspects of the film

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Yeah I understand why the cgi was like that, but it was a stupid design choice and they deserve to be roasted for it.

In better news, I finally saw Blue Beetle yesterday and it was adorable. It got a couple full out laughs from me. Hopefully Gunn carries this over into the new stuff.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
The stills from Flash look goofy, but I thought in motion it didn't look poorly done, just extremely uninspired.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
I didn't mind Flash's running around effects but all the other CGI stuff with characters looked like complete garbage poo poo and it is getting really tiring watching movies that depend on big CGI set pieces. It has become lazy and terrible looking and I really wish superhero movies would do more practical effect set pieces instead of just having people stand in front of a green screen and pretend they are doing something amazing.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Madkal posted:

I didn't mind Flash's running around effects but all the other CGI stuff with characters looked like complete garbage poo poo and it is getting really tiring watching movies that depend on big CGI set pieces. It has become lazy and terrible looking and I really wish superhero movies would do more practical effect set pieces instead of just having people stand in front of a green screen and pretend they are doing something amazing.

guardians 3 did a lot of practical sets and it looked rad

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The effects in the time dome or whatever it's called are all plasticy and Scorpion King looking.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea a general big issue with a lot of stuff is action takes place in a lot of plazas, forums, clearings and platforms in front of lot of cool stuff.

The volume is neat but you need to add some trees or rocks or something around the actors to make it look less empty.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Timby posted:

He was also terribly underrated as Foggy Nelson in the Affleck Daredevil.

Honestly, that movie has solid casting other than the 2 leads. (Damon would've been a better Daredevil, and not sure about Elektra... Jessica Alba, maybe?) MCD as Kingpin is inspired. Farrell is fun as Bullseye (doesn't hurt that Bullseye's most famous line comes off more natural in his accent), Favreau is good as Foggy and Joey Pants as Urich is great.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1701023477262630932
faaaart

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

oh boy another comic book movie that's a CGI mess

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I just watched The Flash knowing that everyone hates it but generally being much kinder to poorly received films like Shazam 2 or Quantumania.

Yeah that was an ugly mess. I understand why it did most of what it did. And it’s entirely possible it was just doomed from the start by having to do too many things at once and DC’s general insistence on fast forwarding to the big emotional finale. But it’s a complete mess.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Codependent Poster posted:

oh boy another comic book movie that's a CGI mess

Bunch of cowards didn't learn to breathe underwater like the Avatar actors did.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Aphrodite posted:

Bunch of cowards didn't learn to breathe underwater like the Avatar actors did.

This has been a solved problem since The Abyss, just start breathing water.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The cgi in the flash looked like poo poo because it was a hack rush job of a movie all the way through

Andy is just doing damage control. Ain’t no way anyone thought it should look like that

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I hope Aquaman is good because he's cool and the first movie was cool.

(:sigh:)

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
Aquaman: The Wettest of Farts

I know Teasers are a thing, but can you please get rid of the "Come back in 4 days for the trailer" bullshit?

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

CelticPredator posted:

The cgi in the flash looked like poo poo because it was a hack rush job of a movie all the way through

Which is pretty wild for how long they were working on it.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Don’t get me wrong, Manta was good in the first one, but they’re really reusing him as the villain? Doesn’t Aquaman have a bigger rogue’s gallery than, uh, mercenary who works underwater?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Sandwolf posted:

Don’t get me wrong, Manta was good in the first one, but they’re really reusing him as the villain? Doesn’t Aquaman have a bigger rogue’s gallery than, uh, mercenary who works underwater?

Honestly? No.

Black Manta and Ocean Master are like... it. Past that I think the most recognizable villain he has is King Shark and King Shark isn't even technically his villain. I guess you can count Charybdis since they were responsible for Aquaman losing his hand but Charybdis is loving boring as hell.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

ImpAtom posted:

Honestly? No.

Black Manta and Ocean Master are like... it. Past that I think the most recognizable villain he has is King Shark and King Shark isn't even technically his villain. I guess you can count Charybdis since they were responsible for Aquaman losing his hand but Charybdis is loving boring as hell.

What I remember most about Charybdis is Erik Larsen changing his name to Piranha Man because he claimed people didn't know who was Charybdis was but was really part of his slap fight with Peter David.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

CzarChasm posted:

Aquaman: The Wettest of Farts

I know Teasers are a thing, but can you please get rid of the "Come back in 4 days for the trailer" bullshit?

Trailers for trailers are a blight against cinema