Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Dick Fontaine posted:

someone seems to have wandered into the god-machine. came out a little scrambled

I had a files job at the IRS decades ago. One of the files I pulled had a letter attached. It started "Dear IRS, judges and others: Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego were thrown into the fiery furnace"
He went on and on about how he wouldn't send any of his money to anyone or anything that used the "end times biblical demon machine, the computer". It was a rant of epic proportions, and totally unhinged.

The saddest part was a quick peep at his W2 showed that as a retiree, he would have been getting money back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

MrUnderbridge posted:

I had a files job at the IRS decades ago. One of the files I pulled had a letter attached. It started "Dear IRS, judges and others: Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego were thrown into the fiery furnace"
He went on and on about how he wouldn't send any of his money to anyone or anything that used the "end times biblical demon machine, the computer". It was a rant of epic proportions, and totally unhinged.

The saddest part was a quick peep at his W2 showed that as a retiree, he would have been getting money back.

lol the fool!

MagpieConcept
Feb 6, 2022

axolotl farmer posted:

They are a kind of arachnids. They don't have any kind of venom, but are extremely fast and have big chompy jaws. They eat pretty much anything they can catch.

I know someone who has some of these and whip scorpions as pets and says the side benefit is the landlord never shows up to their place unannounced now

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

SulfurMonoxideCute posted:

As much as it sucks to be a mammal, I feel like being an arthropod would be worse.
Counterpoint: you know that feeling when you take off slightly too tight pants at the end of a long day? That but all your skin.

Hasturtium
May 19, 2020

And that year, for his birthday, he got six pink ping pong balls in a little pink backpack.

Splicer posted:

Counterpoint: you know that feeling when you take off slightly too tight pants at the end of a long day? That but all your skin.

Also your skin is your bones, and when you wriggle out you’re soft and vulnerable and need to lie down for long enough afterward to let your skin-bones harden up again.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Karate Bastard posted:

So is that like a pet or is it axolotl food?

? my little dude eats worms or trout pellets. I'm not trying to feed it anything with chitin.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Splicer posted:

Like when you bend over and split the seat of your pants, only there's somehow another larger and better-fitting pair of pants underneath :unsmith:

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Hasturtium posted:

Also your skin is your bones, and when you wriggle out you’re soft and vulnerable and need to lie down for long enough afterward to let your skin-bones harden up again.
This is again just me taking off work pants.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

Hasturtium posted:

Still just sounds like me after work.

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨
Someone’s OC on AO3. It’s almost refreshing that youths are still recreating Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Tobermory
Mar 31, 2011

"Spatial Sexual Arousal Manipulation"?

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

"Computer Coding"?

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

MrUnderbridge posted:

:lol:

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

At least they have the good taste to not have their OC be one of those filthy mutation-based lycanthropes.

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

Aw it's kinda heartening and sweet to see the old ways of super-duper special self-inserts being kept alive. Blursed.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

Aramis posted:

At least they have the good taste to not have their OC be one of those filthy mutation-based lycanthropes.

Hate to break it to you but that OC has werewolf transformation powers along with like everything else.

Ralph Crammed In posted:

Aw it's kinda heartening and sweet to see the old ways of super-duper special self-inserts being kept alive. Blursed.

It is kind of nice to see that the current young generation is just as Chuunibyou as mine (90s kid yaaay)

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reiche posted:

Hate to break it to you but that OC has werewolf transformation powers along with like everything else.

It is kind of nice to see that the current young generation is just as Chuunibyou as mine (90s kid yaaay)

I get Knocked down, I get up again, you never gonna knock me down.....

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Reiche posted:

That's my point though, they went out of their way to specify its flavor.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

ESP (Sensing Enemies)

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

How far we've come. There was a time when the camel spider was the main nightmare fuel for goons forums wide.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

redshirt posted:

I get Knocked down, I get up again, you never gonna knock me down.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mk6lDkTO0Nw&t=25s

Curse is this is almost 10 years old :corsair:

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Reiche posted:

But now instead of copy-pasted cutout templates they have AI to draw their sparkleselves in all their never-the-same-face-twice glory.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

This is how it sounds in my head when my ADHD meds are wearing off at the end of the day.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

Splicer posted:

But now instead of copy-pasted cutout templates they have AI to draw their sparkleselves in all their never-the-same-face-twice glory.

My sister used to print out pictures of her neopets, cut them up, and reassemble them to make her own hybrids. Technology has come so far

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Crosspost from the Awkward/Ugly/Gross thread. Trigger warning because it’s real bad

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

RatHat posted:

Crosspost from the Awkward/Ugly/Gross thread. Trigger warning because it’s real bad

YeeAaaah.

Gonna go clean my garage now.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!
Roaches in the bedroom = roaches climbing on you while you sleep.

After a couple years of spraying and slowly sealing up this old house, I think we're finally free of inside roaches. Luckily, they mostly stuck to the basement under the porch, which previously was somewhat open to the outside. Prior to this, on the second floor, my father in law had one climb on his face in the middle of the night. :cry:

Edit: we visited this place in winter and bought it and had been living in it for a couple months going into summer and I was working on my bicycle in the dimly lit basement when I noticed some weird pattern on the boarded up basement window. I got out my flashlight and walked over to that end (it's a really large basement) and discovered several hundred cockroaches living on and in the old stone wall, the plywood-covered window, the beams and ceiling.

I called an exterminator immediately and after the guy sprayed down every surface, I probably vacuumed up a couple hundred dead roaches each day for the next week before it finally started to slow down. They've never come back that badly. The house was vacant for maybe a year while the previous owners were trying to sell it, so they had plenty of time to move in and hang out despite there not being anything for them to eat inside.

Mauser fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Sep 7, 2023

marjorie
May 4, 2014

I didn't have the sound on and totally didn't clock those as roaches because they weren't the size of his palm.

Growing up in FL messes with your sense of scale for this type of thing.

E: I do know the size difference is because they're different types, we just never really saw the German ones so it's not my reference for them.

marjorie fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Sep 7, 2023

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

RatHat posted:

as someone who just moved into an apartment infested with german cockroaches i can say with confidence that this is fuckin badass as hell.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Hey so can we go back to this because it really raises questions from me

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

buglord posted:

It's the exact same concept as fig newtons

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

buglord posted:

its just raisin bread :confused:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

not exactly currant events

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Ghostlight posted:

not exactly currant events

I mean yeah, they just said it was raisin events :rolleyes:

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Takes No Damage posted:

I mean yeah, they just said it was raisin events :rolleyes:

Raisins have a touch of honey don't they?

Juando290
Apr 22, 2007

You stopped toe curlin in the hot tub cause you heard sperms stay alive in there and you have seen Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles enough times to know how that story ends.

Doctor Bishop posted:

CRAAAWLING IN OUT OF MY SKIIIN

axolotl farmer posted:

A moulting solifuge! Cool!

Karate Bastard posted:

So is that like a pet
or is it axolotl food?

Umm…was this accidental or on purpose?

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

buglord posted:

Sure thing, buglord

But unseriously, they're just taking the Bethesda approach and shipping a product full of bugs

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Aperture Priority
May 4, 2009

~~*~~Is Dream~~*~~
:coolfish::3::coolfish:

Well I wasn’t going to drink tonight, but that changes things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Making Christopher Robin a screw is the real curse :mad:

Also :lol: hide and wait for police, if you're in Texas you better take your lunch into that closet you're gonna be there a while.