Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Bonzo posted:

is reddit right? Howard was complaining that he never hung out with Jimmy Buffet? wtf.

https://www.mediaite.com/podcasts/h...bout-his-music/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Chicken Butt posted:

LOL Howard is back from vacation today, and literally did a “I’d been meaning to call [recently deceased person]”

Which person? I swear, I don't know anyone who still listens. Even the biggest Stern fans I know.

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010

BiggerBoat posted:

Which person? I swear, I don't know anyone who still listens. Even the biggest Stern fans I know.

Daniel Goldberg, executive producer of the Private Parts movie.

I still listen sometimes because Sirius keeps giving me service for $6/month. Plus I occasionally get to hear Benjy getting yelled at.

lynch_69
Jan 21, 2001

Chicken Butt posted:

Daniel Goldberg, executive producer of the Private Parts movie.

I still listen sometimes because Sirius keeps giving me service for $6/month. Plus I occasionally get to hear Benjy getting yelled at.

If everyone is calling in from home and no one comes into the studio any more, can they even yell at Benjy for being late? How would they even know.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I'm a vomit lover.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

lynch_69 posted:

If everyone is calling in from home and no one comes into the studio any more, can they even yell at Benjy for being late? How would they even know.

Reminds me of when Artie would be late to his own podcast when the recording equipment was downstairs in his kitchen.

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010
Hey Artie, it’s Artie. [cough] I don’t know know what this is man, but it’s bad.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Man, I wasn't yet really working at the time Artie's addict poo poo went on but now I'm thinking if my boss started playing tape of me calling out to my coworkers id want to loving kill myself too, Artie

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Ok, the new phony phone call is actually really good: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AURdZhi1CQ

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Muskyoulaycher

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:
Howard's wig looks ridiculous

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Watching that Telemarketers documentary on HBO and the main guy Pat is basically Artie Lange if Artie hadn't accidentally gotten a job on MadTV.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Imagine being married to this fuckin' guy.

quote:

Howard Stern revealed that he recently got into an argument with wife Beth Stern over his paranoia around covid.

Stern spoke with his co-host Robin Quivers about the disagreement and his continued fear of catching the virus during the Wednesday edition of The Howard Stern Show. The radio host was asked by a caller if he considered returning to the studio risky in the wake on the new covid strain and rise in cases.

“I’m going crazy with this. My wife yelled at me last night. We got into a fight. You know how paranoid I am about getting covid. I haven’t gotten it, and I’m pretty safe, and I really don’t want to get it,” Stern said.

“Everyone goes, ‘Don’t worry, it’s just a cold for me.’ It’ll probably be way worse. You know what I mean? I mean, I’m the lucky one who will completely fall apart. My wife’s considerably younger than me, as you might have heard. She’s not as concerned about getting Covid as I am, because, you know, I’m an older dude,” Stern explained.

The radio host said that he has plans to travel to his Sirius XM office to be live in-studio for an upcoming interview with singer Demi Lovato.

“Beth has a bunch of plans. She has like a wedding shower to go to and lunch to go to with a friend and a dinner and a blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. So, you know, we’re really making an effort. We go out to restaurants. We went to the Ed Sheeran concert. We’ve really been out there. I haven’t gotten covid. And I’m like, you know what? If I get it, I get it,” Stern said.

“Then all of a sudden they announce there’s a new strain of covid and it’s on the rise. And, you know, people are being hospitalized. ‘It’s time to go back down into lockdown.’ And I’m like, you mean I’m just emerging and now I’m going back into lockdown!” Stern lamented.

https://www.mediaite.com/podcasts/n...-into-lockdown/

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
He's coming back into the studio for.... Demi Lovato?

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

kylej posted:

I wonder if her manager demanded it as a condition of her coming on the show.

Two Kings
Nov 1, 2004

Get the scientists working on the tube technology, immediately.
Maybe the compromise he made with Sirius execs is he’s only coming in studio for celebrity interviews.

Everyone probably needs Covid tests as well.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Look, I'm not saying he's not maybe overdoing it a bit, but long covid is what I'd be worried about. People are getting blood clots from that poo poo.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Why are we shocked? We've compared him to Howard Hugues for decades.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

kylej posted:

It's a whole thing, don't ask.

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Look, I'm not saying he's not maybe overdoing it a bit, but long covid is what I'd be worried about. People are getting blood clots from that poo poo.

Does anyone know if he still seeing his parents in person? That could be a reason for the hyper-diligence.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
His dad is dead and at this point his mom probably is too.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

I think the concept of death in general just freaks Howard out, there was no way he'd go to Gary's father's wake even if Beth hadn't hurt her foot.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I still can't get over Howard's burial thing. If it's that bad just ask them to behead you first before they put you underground lol

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

kylej posted:

His dad is dead and at this point his mom probably is too.

Didn't his mom die before his dad?

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Dad is def dead, haven't heard anything about Rae's death but she's completely gone cognitively iirc. But who knows since Ben's death was a quick blurb buried in a printed interview quite some time after he had died.

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004
None of this clears up why he would bother showing up in studio for Demi Lovato even if she demanded it.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Bray Wyatt, an extremely popular wrestler in WWE, just died at 36 because COVID exacerbated a heart condition he had. One thing I'll give Howard slack on is being scared of COVID.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Spacemonkey57 posted:

None of this clears up why he would bother showing up in studio for Demi Lovato even if she demanded it.

I'm betting its a demand of her management to be interviewed in person and not a Zoom window. They'll get a ton of YouTube ad money out of it I'm sure. I wonder if he'll ask about her dating Wilmer Valderrama? Or does Howard even remember that interview?

lynch_69
Jan 21, 2001

Man, I can't wait to find out what (looks at hand) Demi Lovato has been up to!

adebisi lives
Nov 11, 2009

Mob posted:

Bray Wyatt, an extremely popular wrestler in WWE, just died at 36 because COVID exacerbated a heart condition he had. One thing I'll give Howard slack on is being scared of COVID.

Careful or someone will post in SAD that the Howard Stern thread is encouraging people not to listen to doctors and public health authorities.

Two Kings
Nov 1, 2004

Get the scientists working on the tube technology, immediately.

Bonzo posted:

I'm betting its a demand of her management to be interviewed in person and not a Zoom window. They'll get a ton of YouTube ad money out of it I'm sure. I wonder if he'll ask about her dating Wilmer Valderrama? Or does Howard even remember that interview?

Didn’t Wilmer claim he banged everything that moved in that interview? Then had to backpedal afterward and say he was joking around.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

lynch_69 posted:

Man, I can't wait to find out what (looks at hand) Demi Lovato has been up to!

Spacemonkey57 posted:

kylej posted:

Domo Arigato, Demi Lavato?

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

BiggerBoat posted:

Domo Arigato, Demi Lavato?

Hiyoooooo

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Mob posted:

Jfc. Yeah, I didn't want to say anything, because the whole thing is so loving political now, but I'm kind of with Howard about this.

Again, I don't know if I'd blab how I feel about it on air, but that's kind of his job, so :shrug:

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
COVID has always been political (and never should have been, but here we are). I am not bothered or surprised by Howard trying to completely remove himself from the outside world, but he is a public facing figure and it is pretty clear the show and his "legacy" has been impacted by how he has reacted. It's possible to be thoughtful and careful and still avoid it, so I would have hoped he would move on in life, but of course I have listened to the show enough to know that he is a massive hypochondriac and won't. Everyone should do what is best for themselves, no judgement, but his indefinite lockdown has not done any favors for his show.

But Demi Lavato?

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010
Rae Stern is very much still alive, though under 24-hour private nursing care. Howard provides regular updates -- in her voice, through his trusty megaphone, of course. E.g.: "My son, my son. My life is such suffering. There was a leak in the hallway yesterday. What kind of place is this? You're paying top dollar, and there are leaks?"

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010
... also (according to Howard), she constantly praises Beth ("She's an angel, that Beth!"), while continuing her lifelong pollicy of passive-aggression towards him, e.g. "You were certainly no scholar when you were a boy. Who would have ever thought you'd be successful? Heh heh haaaaaa!"

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
That's what happens when you live under the tyranny of the red sun.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Two Kings posted:

Didn’t Wilmer claim he banged everything that moved in that interview? Then had to backpedal afterward and say he was joking around.

One of the greatest interviews ever, just for the amount of information he was freely sharing throughout. I have no idea who his publicist was at the time, and why he/she seemingly sat there in the green room and listened to it all go down without bursting into the studio to gag him, but I'm certain that person was unemployed very soon after.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

God drat the Gary pitch is so great. I forgot Jimmy Kimmel had gary recreate the pitch three times, hitting a woman in the audience right on the forehead. Then Kimmel gets Robin on the show. With high heels, she nails the pitch, because of course she gets the chance to outdo Gary.

parthenocarpy fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Sep 8, 2023