Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favourite Pokémon type?
This poll is closed.
Plain 6 3.17%
Hot 7 3.70%
Wet 15 7.94%
Green 11 5.82%
Shocking 2 1.06%
Cold 3 1.59%
Punchy 7 3.70%
Poisonous 4 2.12%
Brown 7 3.70%
Bird 11 5.82%
Weird 17 8.99%
Gross 11 5.82%
Solid 2 1.06%
Scary 8 4.23%
Dragon 5 2.65%
Creepy 18 9.52%
Mech 33 17.46%
Pink 22 11.64%
Total: 189 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Infinitum posted:

"Ok Megan, we know we're just paying for a voice cameo and you probably have very little actual interest in the game, but we need you to really sell it if you can"

Megan Fox, Actor:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AP-epIHaUso&t=29s

"Yeah.. so she's a vampire.. and that just.. resonates.. for whatever reason"

GOTY Thread needs a - Geoff Knightley "I Wanted To Meet A Celeb" Cameo Award

They should made the character have her fluffy pink outfit insead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Also isn't Luke Cage already an actor in the game just let Megan Fox be the fighter herself.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I'm trying it for the hell of it since it's on ps+ but I don't think I can get past the intro of the Saints Row reboot, it feels like poo poo to play. The controls are super jacked up with aiming and I can't seem to find a way to adjust them to where it feels good

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Megan Fox was also in promos for Diablo 4 and... Black Desert Online wtf
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpKAze3hMr0

Infinitum posted:

"Yeah.. so she's a vampire.. and that just.. resonates.. for whatever reason"

Have you seen Jennifer's Body

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Waffleman_ posted:

https://twitter.com/Niftski/status/1699585008942416113?s=20

There are a mere 22 frames in the final level between the SMB speedrunning community and a perfect run.

Impressive that you can use keyboards with an NES these days.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

RBA Starblade posted:

I'm trying it for the hell of it since it's on ps+ but I don't think I can get past the intro of the Saints Row reboot, it feels like poo poo to play. The controls are super jacked up with aiming and I can't seem to find a way to adjust them to where it feels good

I cranked up the auto aim on that game, only way the shooting felt sane on ps4

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Five Seconds later the game crashes, British are such sore losers

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i think i am going to stop playing Starfield. i only got about 7.5 hours in, but i started looking up a few things about how stuff works and that basically killed all motivation i had to keep going. item storage is apparently an even worse headache than it is in No Man's Sky, the skill system is backwards and frustrating, and frankly there's literally nothing about the setting that interests me whatsoever.

if i want a space game i would rather be playing NMS. if i want a go anywhere do anything bethesda game i would rather be playing Skyrim. at least in skyrim i can be a wizard.

i'm glad i decided to try it out on gamepass instead of buying it directly. so now instead of that i am going to try out Sea of Stars. we'll see which star game has better star... power...?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

It's better than NMS but it's a pretty underbaked game somehow

It's Bethesda's Andromeda lmao

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Apparently the item storage is such a pain that it's literally easier to just drop poo poo on the floor of your ship

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Waffleman_ posted:

Apparently the item storage is such a pain that it's literally easier to just drop poo poo on the floor of your ship

This is taking me back to Diablo 1

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Waffleman_ posted:

:same:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Played so much fuckin' Like A Dragon today what a good fuckin' video game

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

Played so much fuckin' Like A Dragon today what a good fuckin' video game

how much of it was the business minigame

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

how much of it was the business minigame

Rank 37 baby

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

I was in a situation where I'd played another 3 hours of Horizon and could either play Starfield or do anything else so I'm watching that 6 hour "Complete History Of Videogames" video Youtube keeps putting in my recommendations. I'm glad you can still make successful videos with the most monotone voice possible.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I stopped playing Starfield at some point today to paste numbers into a spreadsheet, and didn't want to drag myself away from the spreadsheet to play more Starfield.

This isn't an EVE online joke it was a literal spreadsheet.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

deep dish peat moss posted:

I stopped playing Starfield at some point today to paste numbers into a spreadsheet, and didn't want to drag myself away from the spreadsheet to play more Starfield.

This isn't an EVE online joke it was a literal spreadsheet.

Well, Starfield isn't gonna let you earn up to 20k a month by being your own boss

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Unlike Starfield, a spreadsheet can have something different in every cell.

Squashy
Dec 24, 2005

150cc of psilocybinic power
My buddy just told me that Against the Storm reminds him of Populous and now I know why I just sunk 15 hours into this game in the last three days

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Squashy posted:

My buddy just told me that Against the Storm reminds him of Populous and now I know why I just sunk 15 hours into this game in the last three days

Against the Storm is in my bucket of early access games that I have to stop myself from playing because I already have 100 hours and it's not even done yet. BG3 and Slay the Spire were also on that list, and I ended up putting about 1000 hours in Slay the Spire between PC and my phone

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i've also played Against the Storm and whaddaya know it's pretty good

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Maybe I should play "Against the Storm"

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
It took a good 10 hours before I was onboard with what Starfield was doing. It initially felt like an inferior take on the Bethesda formula. I was beginning to regret my purchase, but somehow eventually all the new things it tries came together to win me over.

It's not Skyrim in space in the same way Fallout 3 was Oblivion with guns. It's more it's own thing, even if A LOT of elements from those games are still here (especially Fallout 4).

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I’m going on a long trip very soon with lots and lots of plane / train / bus travelling, looking for switch game recommendations.

13 sents is 70% off, buuuut I don’t exactly love anime sci fi or visual novels, buuuuuut the game’s gotten major goon accolades… just how much interactivity does the game have? I’m comparing it to triangle strategy in my head, obviously im not expecting that level of rpgness in 13 sents but, how does it compare in terms of stuff like branching paths or the ability to affect the story at all?

Otherwise I’m just gonna buy persona 5 royal cuz time management gameplay sounds fun right now

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

actually i think i'm going to start a new NMS playthrough because apparently you can be a wizard now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8g2YqU-_GtA

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

The character movement, the animation, the voice actors, the environments, the scale and look of everything, the loading screens...

It's almost impressive how much Starfield is Oblivion with Guns in Space.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

"AI generated" is a term that gets thrown about with abandon these days, but starfield truly does feel like someone stuck "(high quality, best quality, absurdres) space open world game" into midjourney prime and put the result to print

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Kerrzhe posted:

actually i think i'm going to start a new NMS playthrough because apparently you can be a wizard now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8g2YqU-_GtA

At least with NMS you can jump into a space ship and FLY to another planet, instead of watching cutscenes of your ship doing it.

Edit: And to be fair I think Starield is fine, but it's basically the same engine/game style as Fallout & Elder Scrolls, and I don't think that works well for a space game.

Infinitum fucked around with this message at 08:32 on Sep 7, 2023

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

deep dish peat moss posted:

Unlike Starfield, a spreadsheet can have something different in every cell.

Lmao

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Infinitum posted:

At least with NMS you can jump into a space ship and FLY to another planet, instead of watching cutscenes of your ship doing it.

Edit: And to be fair I think Starield is fine, but it's basically the same engine/game style as Fallout & Elder Scrolls, and I don't think that works well for a space game.

Flying ships is whatever who cares it's no clip with extra strings attached but man having a vehicle on land is so nice when crossing a boring procgen landscape

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Khanstant posted:

Flying ships is whatever who cares it's no clip with extra strings attached but man having a vehicle on land is so nice when crossing a boring procgen landscape

I desperately want to see the argument that came over having buggies to drive around on a planet surface. Because you know some higher up idiot was hardcore against it.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

njsykora posted:

I desperately want to see the argument that came over having buggies to drive around on a planet surface. Because you know some higher up idiot was hardcore against it.

"dlc opportunity"

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

RBA Starblade posted:

It's better than NMS but it's a pretty underbaked game somehow

It's Bethesda's Andromeda lmao
is it really that much better than current no man's sky, I feel like I'm hearing a lot of people petering out super quickly on the game.

I've not seen more than the initial trailer for starfield because I have zero interest in any Bethesda games ever again and this one sounds like no exception

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

it's not even remotely the same kind of game, but nms is better if you're comparing them

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I tried Starfield for an hour but unsurprisingly I did not find it very engaging, much like how I've never found any Bethesda game to be all that engaging. I also did not like that this not-especially great looking game somehow chugs along at 45-50fps on an RTX3080.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

it makes a bad first impression, though just how good the game is overall I'm still not sure. I think it's the closest we've been yet to what a lot of us imagined the spacefaring part of ME1 would be like.

also weirdly in some specific ways it's closer to Daggerfall than Skyrim. Because you're not exploring a handcrafted world, you're jumping between destinations.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Is there any reason to go to lots of their procgen worlds? One of my bigger problems with NMS was that they gave you a galaxy to play in but little reason to ever see more than a handful of systems.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I found the opening to be the most painfully by-the-numbers game story I've seen in a long time. Welp you touched this ancient alien artifact and killed a couple level 1 bandits, I am now totally fine giving you, a total stranger my ship and proclaiming you the chosen one of the universe. Kinda need something more than that in 2023.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

exquisite tea posted:

I found the opening to be the most painfully by-the-numbers game story I've seen in a long time. Welp you touched this ancient alien artifact and killed a couple level 1 bandits, I am now totally fine giving you, a total stranger my ship and proclaiming you the chosen one of the universe. Kinda need something more than that in 2023.

At least it's done quick, imo, but yeah it was hilarious.