Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

Maxwell Lord posted:

You know all things aside CM Punk is still quite a good wrestler

I do not know if I can imagine him carrying Tyrus to a good match though.

EDIT: Dammit now I want to see him try. Go NWA, Punk! I'm sure Billy Corgan can offer you a very generous four figure deal!

Have you watched cm punk wrestle recently. He can't do his own moves anymore, he breaks bones trying anything new and he does Shawn on pills selling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

cagliostr0 posted:

Have you watched cm punk wrestle recently. He can't do his own moves anymore, he breaks bones trying anything new and he does Shawn on pills selling.

I’ve seen him wrestle recently he’s very good at it and had a classic with Samoa Joe at All In

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

The bad man is gone you don't have to lie anymore

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

He's fine. He's not strong enough for the GTS on most folks though

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

He’s still an ok wrestler and you’d be crazy to think he’s not still one of the best in the biz on promos

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

haunted bong posted:

cm punk is going to join street beefs and get knocked out by a guy who sells plumbing equipment out of the back of a korean/mexican fusion food truck
So Johnny LaRue is going to take the Colt Cabana role for this cycle?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mu1rbCbAHrg

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

History Comes Inside! posted:

He’s still an ok wrestler and you’d be crazy to think he’s not still one of the best in the biz on promos

he can do cool promos but everything he did after brawl out was dogshit, he's good to great but definitely not one of the best in the biz

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
Emi Sakura fans continue to be the most dense fuckers on the planet.

https://twitter.com/shineemimikyu/status/1699562294747775014
https://twitter.com/hausofvic/status/1699550449416712298
https://twitter.com/dipperism/status/1699541883746140341
https://twitter.com/cbjilesss/status/1699548638433997138

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Embarrassed

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

TinTower posted:

Emi Sakura fans continue to be the most dense fuckers on the planet.
I'm an Emi fan and dumb as a rock, but these people don't speak for me.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

they know she didn't write the song, right?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Gumball Gumption posted:

they know she didn't write the song, right?

I don't think you can prove that.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

haunted bong posted:

cm punk is going to join street beefs and get knocked out by a guy who sells plumbing equipment out of the back of a korean/mexican fusion food truck

STREET BEEFS.

Please don't tease me with things I want but can't have.

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

History Comes Inside! posted:

He's not even top 5 in AEW

Kingston
Moxley
Jericho
Callis
MJF

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

cagliostr0 posted:

He's not even top 5 in AEW

Kingston
Moxley
Jericho
Callis
MJF

Christian
Swerve

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
From the youtube comments on a cody interview

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

hes right, dusty was too ugly to be codys dad? i think thats what the're saying

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

Suplex Liberace posted:

hes right, dusty was too ugly to be codys dad? i think thats what the're saying

Feel like there is a compelling argument that you could make an animorphs cover where one end is Cody, the other is dusty and smack bang in the middle is Dustin

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
Nothing Punk did after Brawl Out was above a 7/10, in the ring or on the mic

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

cagliostr0 posted:

Like there was an extent to which he was always a little sloppy technically, but made up for it by just a good grasp of ring psychology and storytelling. The guy can generally put together a match (though in his brief AEW run he mostly fought people who also had some grasp of this).

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

his matches were normal on these days:

august 27 2023
july 15 2023
july 8 2023
june 25 2023

don't remeber about the rest. or know

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

lol

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

lmao

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

hahaha

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

fez_machine posted:

From the youtube comments on a cody interview

Dusty Rhodes lived in my closet from 1991-1993 and would routinely scare me at night, harvesting my screams to use as fuel for the WCW Powerplant.

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

A Fancy Hat posted:

Dusty Rhodes lived in my closet from 1991-1993 and would routinely scare me at night, harvesting my screams to use as fuel for the WCW Powerplant.

tale as old as time

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Some of these Emi fans need to chill out a bit and keep their thoughts to themselves

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

El Generico posted:

Nothing Punk did after Brawl Out was above a 7/10, in the ring or on the mic

His promos are so loving mid and if you didn't already love him from his work elsewhere (I had never seem him before aew), I have no idea how you're supposed to care about his "aww shucks, you really do love me here in *long pause* [CITY NAME]." routine that he only diverted from one time to name drop David Zaslav of all people.

The Samoa Joe match and the FD match where he was working heel were pretty good though ngl

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The Joe match was great cause it was 15 minutes of Joe beating his poo poo in while everyone cheered

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

the one side should just read "cm punk" tho

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

little munchkin posted:

His promos are so loving mid and if you didn't already love him from his work elsewhere (I had never seem him before aew), I have no idea how you're supposed to care about his "aww shucks, you really do love me here in *long pause* [CITY NAME]." routine that he only diverted from one time to name drop David Zaslav of all people.

The Samoa Joe match and the FD match where he was working heel were pretty good though ngl

This is legit.

My wife was aware of the Punk hype for promos/character work when he showed up, and then all she got was returning legend Punk that ultimately transitioned into backstage drama Punk. Needless to say, she was never won over to how special he could be before things went to poo poo.

Other than witnessing how much the fans cared second hand, it was not a good way to understand why he was such a big deal, and The Pipebomb promo/Money in the Bank '11 magic isn't quite the same if you weren't there for it in the moment.

It was ironic and funny for him to ultimately land on a bizarro-Cena character having a love-hate relationship with the fans, but much like that entire Cena era, it just made me feel like both the character and wrestler was being held back by such a compromised role.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I'm glad he's back.

https://twitter.com/wwestockholder/status/1699805339976081577

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

aew constipation

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

God I wish I had the free time and energy to care as much about TV ratings for a company I hated as these people do.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

This is crappage baby

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Do the ad spots for movies go for more than the ad spots for a live sports program?

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

The337th posted:

This is legit.

My wife was aware of the Punk hype for promos/character work when he showed up, and then all she got was returning legend Punk that ultimately transitioned into backstage drama Punk. Needless to say, she was never won over to how special he could be before things went to poo poo.

Other than witnessing how much the fans cared second hand, it was not a good way to understand why he was such a big deal, and The Pipebomb promo/Money in the Bank '11 magic isn't quite the same if you weren't there for it in the moment.

As somebody who fell out of pro wrestling in the early 00s and came back in because of Kenny Omega, this is pretty much my reaction to CM Punk. I understand that he was a very important person for a lot of fans in a specific time period, but I missed it and so all that goodwill is lost on me.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

Shard posted:

Do the ad spots for movies go for more than the ad spots for a live sports program?

Wrestling ad rates are notoriously, historically awful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

AEW can't even pull enough to get the Frank Thomas big dick pills ads anymore. Might as well wrap it up.