Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

Ah, lovely. NAFO made a video game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

I’m kinda surprised the percent of positive reviews is so high, though I guess you have to be pretty ideologically locked in to loving anything nafo if you’re buying the game in the first place

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/gmanews/status/1699777040172650556

how could those tankies at NATO do this

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

imagine how disappointed Poland and Ukraine's leadership feel. All ready to go to bunkers for the final FINAL war and then the rest of the world that doesn't want to die in nuclear hellfire lets them down.

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"
Both Russia and NATO really, really, really don't want a direct war and will take every excuse possible to avoid one.

Not just because of the obvious threat of nuclear war, but behind closed doors NATO knows that even a conventional war is a huge question mark for them. It's not at all certain who would emerge the victor

The NATO-Ukraine coalition does have factions that are chomping at the bit for WW3 (Poland, the reddit countries aka Baltics) but they're not the ones running the show, rhetoric aside.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

fits my needs posted:

jfc is there a gunga din figurine too, gently caress the commonwealth lol

Uh well,

Not technically water bearers, so

DiscountDildos
Nov 8, 2017

https://twitter.com/MarkAmesExiled/status/1699782779817669002?s=20

From Hersh's article:

quote:

“Prigozhin was provoking NATO and he had to go,” the US intelligence official said. “The last thing Putin wanted to do was to give NATO further cause to shelve its growing doubts about the endless financing of [Ukraine President Volodymyr] Zelensky.”

So, the official said, “Putin did it.” Prigozhin had become too dangerous.

The Wagner Group plane carrying Prigozhin was blown apart shortly after takeoff from Moscow on August 23. Along with Prigozhin, six subordinates and three crew members were allegedly killed. The plane had been abruptly pulled off its flight line and serviced the day before. It was then, the intelligence official said, that bombs with delayed fuses bombs were placed in the wheelbase. The bombs were set to explode after the wheels were retracted.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I think you all are overthinking Sachs inclusion on the YouTube as I said above

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

DiscountDildos posted:

[Ukraine President Volodymyr] Zelensky.

it's good that future historians will know who the President was when the country existed.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

lol at hersh getting the gritty details on the assassination .

I think left unspoken in that hersh article is Prigs connections to American intelligence

izagoof
Feb 14, 2004

Grimey Drawer
here for FF discovering problematic miniatures

I remember browsing one of the trad games mini threads and a guy waltzed in asking about buying a gift for a friend who was into 19th c. orientalist poo poo. It turned out he was asking about some horny "Arab Slave Market" miniatures that came with a bunch of naked slaves

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
:rip: priggy, a hero who gave his life for the posadist cause

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

I heard the reason that warhammer Africa is empty is bc the original faction from there was Too Problematic and had to be removed in the late 80s

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

putin couldn't have done it because he would never allow collateral civilian deaths. only nato or zelensky could have done this.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/close-read-what-did-seymour-hersh-say-about-assassinations-2
https://www.democracynow.org/2009/3/31/seymour_hersh_secret_us_forces_carried

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

thank you putin for stopping world war 3 🙏

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

ArmZ posted:

putin couldn't have done it because he would never allow collateral civilian deaths. only nato or zelensky could have done this.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/close-read-what-did-seymour-hersh-say-about-assassinations-2
https://www.democracynow.org/2009/3/31/seymour_hersh_secret_us_forces_carried

that's very interesting

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Cerebral Bore posted:

:rip: priggy, a hero who gave his life for the posadist cause

lol

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Zelensky is the only living hero

text editor
Jan 8, 2007
I would probably lean more towards Putin actually being the culprit but I also have this feeling that no matter who it was, both Russian and US intelligence were probably aware of what would happen before it did

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Nonsense posted:

Zelensky is the only living hero

he's a tiny hobbit man

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

text editor posted:

I would probably lean more towards Putin actually being the culprit but I also have this feeling that no matter who it was, both Russian and US intelligence were probably aware of what would happen before it did

maybe it was a joint operation

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

izagoof posted:

I remember browsing one of the trad games mini threads and a guy waltzed in asking about buying a gift for a friend who was into 19th c. orientalist poo poo. It turned out he was asking about some horny "Arab Slave Market" miniatures that came with a bunch of naked slaves

A bunch of miniature lines for classical Indians have topless women warriors, and I can't tell where they fall based on actual sources vs Brits being weird and horny

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Regarde Aduck posted:

he's a tiny hobbit man

like frodo, the hero of middle earth

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

crepeface posted:

like frodo, the hero of middle earth

oh gently caress oh god

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

StashAugustine posted:

A bunch of miniature lines for classical Indians have topless women warriors, and I can't tell where they fall based on actual sources vs Brits being weird and horny

Historically the Indians invested in dex builds that would have benefitted from no armor so they could just dodge enemy attacks, a thing that is both consistently possible and easy to do

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole
Like Frodo he will also get whisked away to the west once it’s all over.

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

.. and now for my next trick, I'll pretend to be a political commentator...

HONK HONK

Frosted Flake posted:

Russia crippled Ukraine's ability to export their most valuable commodity. They had previously destroyed huge amounts of power generating and transmission capability.

Ukraine broke a few windows.

and yet Ukraine and Russia are both no closer to collapsing than had the attacks not happened. in fact despite the nominally serious military damage inflicted, the resolve of the population to continue to fight was heightened.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

I do not believe that the resolve of any single Ukrainian to fight will ever be as high as it was in February 2022.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

izagoof posted:

the spectre of six-sided die with SS lightning bolts for pips casts a long shadow over the hobby

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

If the imf doesn't think that Ukraine's shattered economy will be able to repay all the loans then foreign support could collapse.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Torpor posted:

and yet Ukraine and Russia are both no closer to collapsing than had the attacks not happened. in fact despite the nominally serious military damage inflicted, the resolve of the population to continue to fight was heightened.

personally i believe that the average Ukrainian doesn't want to be on the front but can't find an easy way out that doesn't involve the chance of the SBU murdering you or worse

i mean the general opinion of the thread is that the ultra-right of the country have taken over, imagine how hellish it must be. It's like asking why anyone bothered to defend Berlin in 1945. Some were fanatical but others had seen what happened to people that refused to fight.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

FrancisFukyomama posted:

I heard the reason that warhammer Africa is empty is bc the original faction from there was Too Problematic and had to be removed in the late 80s

Frosted Flake posted:

Uh well,

Not technically water bearers, so

StashAugustine posted:

lol

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

Torpor posted:

the resolve of the population to continue to fight was heightened.

I'm gonna be honest, we have enough evidence by now to put this claim into doubt.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/AlexThomp/status/1699795672491495482?s=20

:911: :ukraine:

:byetankie:

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Lostconfused posted:

I do not believe that the resolve of any single Ukrainian to fight will ever be as high as it was in February 2022.

It probably didn’t make a difference, as Ukrainian morale took a relative plunge later during the siege of Bakhmut. The issue, is that on the other side, plenty of Muscovites were either anti-war or very lukewarm to it, and the drones have allowed the government to give them an example of why the war needs to be fought to a conclusion.

As for the damage done, it is clear that the Ukrainians lost a ton of generation capacity, capacity they could have sold to Poland, while most of their industry was taken off line and various industrial and military targets have been taken out over time. It didn’t “break the back of Ukrainian moral,” but it was rather the Ukrainian government continual willingness to throw away the lives of their soldiers that seems to working toward that goal.

Ardennes has issued a correction as of 16:22 on Sep 7, 2023

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
come on now, little figurine painters don't need to be british to be weird and horny

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Cpt_Obvious posted:

If the imf doesn't think that Ukraine's shattered economy will be able to repay all the loans then foreign support could collapse.

Nah, handing out loans that can't be repaid is what zhe imf is for

text editor
Jan 8, 2007
How long do you think we'll find the government employees salary/pensions once the aid dries up? is that just mixed into the military aid packages?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

lmao he's really going to campaign on ukraine when most people are pissed off they get our money instead of oh i dunno, disaster victims

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
https://twitter.com/mehdirhasan/status/1699806187556876633

lmao liberals are so goddamn dumb