Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Spinz posted:

I like you and your avatar too :)

Thank you.

THE FINEST WORKSONG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=559eWB93jW4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

I've always liked this song and video myself, it's catchy and there's titties in it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjMwfDFypa4

Also driver 8 and orange crush are v good songs

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Tendercrisp Bacon Cheddar Ranch by Hootie and the Blowfish

W424
Oct 21, 2010
Scorpions - No One Like You
Was listening to radio while driving the other day and noticed I'm digging loving scorpions (the band) ??

My Dad Nintendo
Oct 7, 2005

David Lee Roth - Running With the Devil Songsmith

My Dad Nintendo
Oct 7, 2005

Spinz posted:

This is absolute insanity

Donna Summer did "I Feel Love" which is one of the best songs ever produced and was decades ahead of its time

I forgive your ignorance but just listen to the song

https://youtu.be/9ZqqvrWCs3Q?si=ZmSdMWDw4KTBJofQ

Also watch the video

:swoon:

oh yeah, that one. I dig

yes on the watch - robo donna

Renreeja
Oct 11, 2007

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

Godzilla is the only good song by Blue Õyster Cult

Marshall Plan, Burnin for you, I love the Night, Joan Crawford has Risen From the Grave, Take me Away, the One about the Black Blade that forces the character to keep killing. Sounds like you maybe just heard the Reaper song and Godzilla.

Honestly I think its hard to say any old bands are bad compared to nowadays. You gotta have some guts and shame yourself, so Ill say Imagine Dragons Enemy

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Astronomy is a killer BOC son. I've never heard a version I didn't like

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength
Every single song by Primus, of course.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist
Joan Baez, the Night they Drove Old Dixie Down

Not sure if covers count but most of her stuff is just okay (Diamonds and Rust is good for being Dylan adjacent) and this one I like more than the original

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Pennywise the Frown posted:

He died in 1980. If that's even true, he would have no loving idea what it would have become.

You can say the same thing about every German who supported the Nazi party right before the Bierhall Putsch. Like, yeah it's true that they didn't see any of the real bad future poo poo coming at the time, and you can't really fault them for that...... but at the end of the day they still supported and helped build what turned into a big evil organization that did the loving Holocaust, and that's a bad enough end that they still absolutely (if retroactively) deserve lots and lots of blame and lickings for their part in it.

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Kinda weird that his most famous song is about imagining no religion.

:colbert:

Imagine loving sucks rear end and everyone that has ever said or thought otherwise is wrong, I will die on this hill, don't @ me

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

I. M. Gei posted:

Imagine loving sucks rear end and everyone that has ever said or thought otherwise is wrong, I will die on this hill, don't @ me

This is true AF

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

“Somebody Super Like You” - The Undead

I didn’t care for them as much when they were The Juicy Fruits and The Beach Bums.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

I lied.

“Goodbye, Eddie, Goodbye” is also pretty baller.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Groke posted:

I have a soft spot for "Jerry Was a Race Car Driver", but it's Tony Hawk's Pro Skater nostalgia and not necessarily actually liking it

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Groke posted:

Primus...sucks?

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!
That one by Tool about how everyone in LA is a dumb Stacey and Chad and should die in a flood.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Disco Pope posted:

That one by Tool about how everyone in LA is a dumb Stacey and Chad and should die in a flood.

Aenema, yea that's a good one

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
I've noticed that no one here's posted bands that actually suck, like Imagine Dragons.

I couldn't find anything good by them, every time I listen to them I have the urge to go buy stuff like vitamin water for some reason.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!
I don't think Pearl Jam suck necessarily. Infact, i think it would be churlish to day that, but jarling shell-necklace,stadium rock isn't my thing, especially compared to the sweaty, fuzzy stuff that was happening at the same time. I can see the appeal of Soundgarden, PJ and AIC, but im left a bit cold. However:

Rear View Mirror loving rips.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

SatansOnion posted:

The Eagles mostly bore me, but when I was a little spring Onion getting into the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, I found myself unexpectedly enchanted by "Journey of the Sorcerer". Even now it makes my nerve endings tingle and thrill, and I feel like I'm staring into the night sky. go figure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZdZKolMIl0

Yeah this is the only good eagles song and it basically broke up the band (also good).

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Armitage posted:

I've noticed that no one here's posted bands that actually suck, like Imagine Dragons.

I couldn't find anything good by them, every time I listen to them I have the urge to go buy stuff like vitamin water for some reason.

Scroll up like 5 posts dingus

My Dad Nintendo
Oct 7, 2005

ElectricSheep posted:

Imagine? No, religion!

lol

Also that nosferatu BOC is good, never heard. It's no ELO but I'll give them some adjacent standing creds

edit: This is a brilliant reply re can I kick it:

Call Your Grandma posted:

no that song's bad. he gets his resolution right away so there's basically no tension

My Dad Nintendo fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Sep 7, 2023

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Groke posted:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Oh you're just this guy.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Tokelau All Star posted:

Savage Garden - I Want You

what the FUCJK

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

The Old Apartment by Barenaked Ladies

Clocks by Coldplay

Hey, you're me.

Also, I really don't like RHCP, but Breaking the Girl is some sort of crazy musical magic... It cuts right through to me, every drat time.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Silver by Pixies

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

kntfkr posted:

Silver by Pixies

:jackiechanconfusiongif:

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Call Your Grandma posted:

a tribe called quest - i left my wallet in el segundo
I've always kind of wondered if Ali really slept for the two days and a half that it took to drive from Brooklyn to El Segundo.

My Dad Nintendo
Oct 7, 2005

Anybody got recs for Sisters of Mercy? Corrosion is the poo poo but the 80's reek is just behind stage with them from where I'm standing

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Poohs Packin posted:

Bloodhound Gang is a band that sucks

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

kntfkr posted:

Silver by Pixies

The Bad Songs by Good Bands thread is thataway bucko

My Dad Nintendo
Oct 7, 2005

Spinz posted:

It is GOD TIER

Spinz is my people

I get drunk and play Rollin' (Method Man, DMX) ~once a year
↓↓↓

My Dad Nintendo fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Sep 7, 2023

Insetik
Mar 30, 2010

MERRY GLIZZMAS
To try and be serious:

The Propaganda and The Truth by Limp Bizkit. First 2 songs off The Unquestionable Truth EP, which starts out as some actually good songs with pretty interesting musical developments. Fred Durst is obviously the weakest part, but the music is interesting and pretty garage-rock like. After that, the rest is what you expect from Limp Bizkit but I'll stand by those 2 songs.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Insetik posted:

To try and be serious:

The Propaganda and The Truth by Limp Bizkit. First 2 songs off The Unquestionable Truth EP, which starts out as some actually good songs with pretty interesting musical developments. Fred Durst is obviously the weakest part, but the music is interesting and pretty garage-rock like. After that, the rest is what you expect from Limp Bizkit but I'll stand by those 2 songs.

OOhh poo poo.

N 2 Gether Now by Limp Bizkit feat. Method Man and Red Man

Funny enough, Fred Durst seems pretty self aware and is really amusing on social media. He posts pretty randomly, often just pictures of wood-sided station wagons and elaborately set up stupid jokes.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Your Love Is My Drug - Ke$ha

I'm not sorry. This song has a great bridge and chorus. The white girl rap-talking is annoying but not quite as bad as her other songs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QR_qa3Ohwls

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Armitage posted:

I already posted about liking "Thunder" in PYF, I didn't think it would be necessary to do it again :shrug:

Insetik posted:

To try and be serious:

"Boiler" and "Take a Look Around" are my two Limp Bizkit songs, personally

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.

A Strange Aeon posted:

Joan Baez, the Night they Drove Old Dixie Down

Not sure if covers count but most of her stuff is just okay (Diamonds and Rust is good for being Dylan adjacent) and this one I like more than the original

I'll die on a hill for her version of If I Were a Carpenter.

Verklärte Nacht by Arnold Schoenberg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

A handful of songs off Three Cheers album by MCR