Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Ughhhh why

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I kinda want a fnaf chapter :(

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Danaru posted:

I kinda want a fnaf chapter :(

On an island, sure, it's an interesting concept. But the problem is, FNAF chapter brings in FNAF fans who are some of the worst fan base ever, and that's saying something in the DBD thread.

Plus the FNAF creator is a bit of a douche so anything that brings him more money mehhhhhh

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
https://twitter.com/dvveet/status/1699865060565479908?t=BEaeWr44boOq6J8YRc4g6g&s=19

We're so loving back

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

It'd be fine if it had any kind of a time limit, it's mostly the whole "Get hit for a permanent buff" that's ridiculous

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

I give it even odds that they either buff it outright or "nerf" it in such a way that does absolutely nothing to fix the issues it has.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Relyssa posted:

I give it even odds that they either buff it outright or "nerf" it in such a way that does absolutely nothing to fix the issues it has.

Nah they know it's a problem. They definitely won't buff it, but I can see them not realizing the problem with it and nerfing the wrong thing.

As I've said before, the things people would like to see in a change -

- Some sort of clue the survivor has it
- Some time limit
- Removing the healing endurance part of it
- But most importantly, get rid of haste stacking.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
The bar is so low for a DBD competitor and even TCM is dropping the ball because they are fumbling post launch support so so badly.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Haven't had a chance to check it out but Lillipie dropped a video about VHS since her NDA expired. The only thing I know about is they stole her outfit concept, so interested to hear about anything else going on behind the scenes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYnalSOZyOM

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Yeah, I'm done playing DBD until something is done about the xenomorph. There's literally no counterplay. The tail has no indication of use, so it's undodgeable, and even if the killer misses they aren't slowed down any meaningful amount so they just hit you a second later. You can't knock them out of tail mode with a single turret, and good luck getting two turrets into an area; it takes forever to take them to a mutual location, and that's assuming you even get a chance to grab two without other survivors taking them. The only way to do it is to coordinate where everyone will put them, and a killer whose only counterplay is "play in a SWF" is a bad killer.

Edit: And even IF you manage to get them out of crawler mode, the xeno just ducks in a tunnel and gets crawler back in 2 seconds.

It's a shame, as I like the concept of the killer and the license is obviously awesome, but everything about xeno is overtuned as gently caress.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUnmq7z6ZvY

Bonus video that was cathartic because I'm sick of being gaslit about this.

rydiafan fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Sep 9, 2023

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

Gaslighting is not what happens when people tell you to get good at a video game.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022

Ghislaine of YOSPOS posted:

Gaslighting is not what happens when people tell you to get good at a video game.

You can't get better against xenomorph. You can only hope they play worse. It's a boring broken character.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

I'm sure they'll nerfbat them down into some useless niche like usual soon enough.

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

Yardbomb posted:

I'm sure they'll nerfbat them down into some useless niche like usual soon enough.

Who else have they recently done that to that you feel it's "usual"?

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

For a long while pretty much any given release was waiting to see how a new killer performs on PTB, then getting prepared for baffling nerfs they'd get when it goes live.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

It was glaring on Nemesis, his zombies weren't nearly as stupid on the PTB as they are now

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

DeathChicken posted:

It was glaring on Nemesis, his zombies weren't nearly as stupid on the PTB as they are now

Which is funny because zombies are half or more of what survivors complain about going against Nemesis.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

It's confirmation bias. When you're playing a survivor, you only remember the times a zombie blocked a door on an indoor map, or harassed you off the last gen when it was at 90%.

When you're a nemesis, all you remember is the zombies dry humping a random rock in the corner of the map.

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.
That's why Nemmy's only got 3 perk slots because the first one always has Discordance - it's the only loud noise that the zombies will investigate at any distance for some reason. It keeps them at least SOMEWHAT near the objective you need them to do.
If the survivors split up or you get red forest though it's gg.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

curiousTerminal posted:

That's why Nemmy's only got 3 perk slots because the first one always has Discordance - it's the only loud noise that the zombies will investigate at any distance for some reason. It keeps them at least SOMEWHAT near the objective you need them to do.
If the survivors split up or you get red forest though it's gg.

That's a really weird fact that I didn't know before. Wonder why they won't investigate any other loud noises like that.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I'm 95% sure Spies from the Shadows triggers them too, but nowhere near as useful as Discordance.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Hilariously, pebbles work on them too.

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.

Relyssa posted:

That's a really weird fact that I didn't know before. Wonder why they won't investigate any other loud noises like that.

They do investigate loud noises but they have a really small range, it's like 6m outside their detection cone or something like that. Vaults, Spies, hosed up skillchecks, screams, etc, are in that 20ish meter range. Discordance is the only one without the range limitation.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

curiousTerminal posted:

How did they do this :psyduck:

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.
So what's the tier list with the alien in the game?
edit: or what I'm really asking is where is Alien on the tier list?

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Danknificent posted:

Otz has Xenomorph at roughly A tier so far.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Danknificent posted:

Relyssa posted:

Otz has Xenomorph at roughly A tier so far.

He'll probably settle in at A and stay there once the tail recovery bug is fixed and they fiddle with turrets. But right now he's like Sadako where if you don't know how to go against him it's a challenge. I had a 3 gen chase against him last night because two loops had gens in good position, so combined with MFT and Resilience plus it was obviously a baby Xenomorph I was pretty easily avoiding him and he was without his power most of the time.

i must compose
Jul 4, 2010

Until the lions have their own historians, the history of the hunt will always glorify the hunter.
I love Texas chainsaw, I hate dbd, and I hope it succeeds where evil dead and Friday the 13th failed. Dbd can still be it's own thing, just don't let TCM die.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

FYI there is an exploit where survivors can clip into lockers and the killer can't do anything to them, so you know. Not a great time to play killer. (is there ever :v:)

https://twitter.com/ToastyEmpress82/status/1700632918031245755

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Pyrolocutus posted:

FYI there is an exploit where survivors can clip into lockers and the killer can't do anything to them, so you know. Not a great time to play killer. (is there ever :v:)

https://twitter.com/ToastyEmpress82/status/1700632918031245755

This happened multiple times tonight, on both sides. Had a survivor wait out the entire EGC while the killer just stood there trying to get at him. Needs fixed ASAP.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
https://twitter.com/WheatDraws/status/1700631613217099949?t=SeS1M6i5VfWLjLza0g5FHA&s=19

The impressively accurate Jason animations done by Kane Hodder himself followed by the game making GBS threads out in a funny way is the perfect microcosm of Friday the 13th

I miss it so much :negative:

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Number 1 Nerd Tear Farmer 2022.

Keep it up, champ.

Also you're a skeleton warrior now. Kree.
Unlockable Ben
Ah, TCM now also has exit trolls. Wonderful.

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison

hyphz posted:

Ah, TCM now also has exit trolls. Wonderful.

They've had them since day one, a lot of TCM players came from DbD and they brought the habit with them. I'd like to see a change where if you've been stabbed or shoulder tapped you get a short resistance, enough to chase victims out so they can't just chain stun you.

It's a fun game though. I'm enjoying it for longer than I thought I would.

i must compose
Jul 4, 2010

Until the lions have their own historians, the history of the hunt will always glorify the hunter.
To combat that there's a perk called rubber boots which allows you to walk on the electrified grid. Very satisfying when they are not aware of it. Or you could just farm xp until they leave.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

i must compose posted:

To combat that there's a perk called rubber boots which allows you to walk on the electrified grid. Very satisfying when they are not aware of it. Or you could just farm xp until they leave.

Yep, I just start forcefeeding gramps.

Although there's been a few times where I just barely caught someone with Leatherface's heavy attack who was trying to be a shitter at the exit and it was the greatest feeling in the game.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

This made me laugh out loud, someone made this reference in Starfield (likely fake but still funny)

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Medullah posted:

This made me laugh out loud, someone made this reference in Starfield (likely fake but still funny)

Now someone needs to make that same reference but it's a chess board instead.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Relyssa posted:

Now someone needs to make that same reference but it's a chess board instead.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Beautiful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Relyssa posted:

Beautiful.

I saw it on Reddit and laughed because of the Meg in the corner. Though it should have been a Claudette with bushes all around her.