Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
Just cackled out loud at the new triple laser cannon shoulder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Now that I'm firmly in just S ranking missions for the last achievement territory I'm trying to build something more personalized that feels good enough to drive that it makes me want to learn how to clear content with it instead of just building for the content

I've come to the conclusion during this chase that I really just want White Glint back

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I'd love to have White Glint back, as well as quite a few weapons from the game too.

Also give me the big fuckoff rocket you duct tape to your rear end

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Paramemetic posted:

Just cackled out loud at the new triple laser cannon shoulder

Build a land battleship.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
People who are bad at the game calling AC6 Mechiro was definitely one of the worst things anyone could have done for it

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Iguana buddy you gotta chill

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

verbal enema posted:

Iguana buddy you gotta chill

Tch.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Psycho Landlord posted:

Now that I'm firmly in just S ranking missions for the last achievement territory I'm trying to build something more personalized that feels good enough to drive that it makes me want to learn how to clear content with it instead of just building for the content

I've come to the conclusion during this chase that I really just want White Glint back

4A NEXT's designs loving owned

Some of my favorite in the series. The companies felt really unique in personality as well

I much prefer the level design movement in this though: I always felt like I was kind on rails in the AC4 era.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

People who are bad at the game calling AC6 Mechiro was definitely one of the worst things anyone could have done for it

Lmao

Everything Fromsoft makes is now Sekiro or Souls now

If they ever make a Tenchu game it will be Ninja Souls

jasoneatspizza
Jul 6, 2010

Bumhead posted:

This has probably been done to death so I apologise for a crap contribution to the thread, but how does this game stack up to Sekiro? In terms of its approach as much as it’s difficulty?

Context: I’ve been a Souls player since importing a copy of Demons back in 2009 or whatever it was, but I’m not great at them and rely on some of the tools to get me through like levelling and summons.

Sekiro is the only Souls game I’ve started and never beaten. I bailed just after the Gerinacho fight - which I did eventually win but after literally about 8 hours of attempts which broke my enthusiasm for the game. I admire Sekiro greatly but its commitment to “git gud or gently caress off” wasn’t for me.

Does AC take the same approach, or can it be navigated with a bit more help?

This is the easiest From game I've played. Sekiro is at least five times as difficult. In AC6 you don't have to be nearly as perfect. Just learning to time quick boost dodges based on the sound cues takes you pretty far. There are also certain builds that will shred most bosses and mini bosses in less than 30 seconds.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

TulliusCicero posted:

4A NEXT's designs loving owned

Some of my favorite in the series. The companies felt really unique in personality as well

I much prefer the level design movement in this though: I always felt like I was kind on rails in the AC4 era.

AC6 is absolutely the better game by every possible metric but I miss my speedy overdesigned rifle boy

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

mechiro is a perfectly valid name :colbert:

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

TulliusCicero posted:

Lmao

Everything Fromsoft makes is now Sekiro or Souls now

If they ever make a Tenchu game it will be Ninja Souls

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Investigate BAWS aresenal No 2 S Rank Pro Tips:

1. Use the hammerhead head, as the scan duration and area is gigantic and makes it easy to find the enemies
2. Kill all the enemies including the hidden one (on the right side hallway by the data log after the first enemy)
3. Finish under 4 minutes (use the below strat to do this as you cut off a lot of dead time)
4. Bring something that can reliably alpha strike the bad guys to death, songbirds, needlegun, rockets, etc and a reliable ACS load hand weapons (needle pistols, handguns, submachine guns, shotguns)
5. Dead fall into the coral well
6. Boost from the start to the first enemy by skirting the right side wall dont bother hitting the markers

Spoilers I guess on this early mission:

All the enemies are the invisibo MMD mechs and they actually exist in the level in sleep mode prior to appearing to fight you, so for example in the 2v1 section you can scan and find the melee unit sleeping by the giant engine ring you pass and 1 shot it. In the 3v1 section you can scan before reaching the door and find the enemies which wakes them all up, saving you precious time. You can also scan the sleeping enemy by the first data log.

In the final zone the enemies jump to the same locations first so you can just camp their spawns but otherwise just scan and you'll see them on the wall. Use assault armor to help defeat the melee boss enemy's pulse armor.

This mission has one of the tightest time requirements and the nature of the fights makes it very annoying unless you cheese it with the above strat.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I thought assault armor got hard countered by pulse armor? The few times I tried it against anyone with a sliver of it left it didn't do anything, I've been waiting to break it before popping it.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

RBA Starblade posted:

I thought assault armor got hard countered by pulse armor? The few times I tried it against anyone with a sliver of it left it didn't do anything, I've been waiting to break it before popping it.

I used assault armor and caught it in the blast and it took off 90% of the pulse armor from full

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Psycho Landlord posted:

AC6 is absolutely the better game by every possible metric but I miss my speedy overdesigned rifle boy

Completely :same:

Ardryn
Oct 27, 2007

Rolling around at the speed of sound.

RBA Starblade posted:

Assault armor counters pulse armor, the assault will even continue straight through pulse and apply damage if the shield doesn't have enough left to tank the full explosion.

Pulse can be a serious trap depending on your play style, though it can save you if you activate it right before a big attack. I'm of the opinion that assault is easier to use and it's nicer to have an extra helping of damage than it is to have a shield that quickly decays on its own.

Ardryn fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Sep 7, 2023

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Ardryn posted:

Assault armor counters pulse armor, the assault will even continue straight through pulse and apply damage if the shield doesn't have enough left to tank the full explosion.

Pulse can be a serious trap depending on your play style, though it can save you if you activate it right before a big attack. I'm of the opinion that assault is easier to use and it's nicer to have an extra helping of damage than it is to have a shield that quickly decays on its own.

I need to remember that Assault armor cancels attacks as well as does damage

I'm too likely to pop it just to complete a stagger so I can shot gun-whip them to death

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

For the Arsenal, I used the heavy linear rifle, it's charged shot is cheap (1 ammo even charged so same price) and will automatically stagger the bots on hit, then pulse blade to chop. I had orbitals to help with the wall guys and the pulse shield guy, will 100% agree you want assault armor to bust his shield open fast, once its open he died quick.

Might have a good build for the refinery mission

2 plasma cannons on back, the heavier plasma rifle and laser lance. You can pretty much one shot the two bosses by charging all three guns, waiting for the lance one to charge in and be close then just letting the triggers free, it should stagger and do a lot of damage and you do your charged lance rush to finish him, repeat for the second guy when he comes after. let the hand gun go first if they boost dodge let go of the two cannons then, if he doesn't let go of one cannon then the other to bait the dodges and stagger.

I did it in one go through, no resupply, ng+ first run so not a replay so I don't know if thats good for S rank but it feels good

AtomikKrab fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Sep 7, 2023

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

big cummers ONLY posted:

Hey I know I'm bad and need to get good. I'm okay with that but I'm old and can't tell how much of my trouble with Balteus is from bad build and how much is just needing more practice. Can someone just post a build that's good for killing him, and I will pilot it while working on making my play better. Thank you and God bless.

Posting my kill again, I’m bad and got hit a lot but it should give you a rough idea, just stay as close as possible and follow him when he runs away, that prevents missile spam which is the scariest part. Phase 2 is a bit rough but aggressively dodging under him if you keep on top of him will usually make it work

Everything except the back weapons (which were disappointing anyway, I’d use laser guns) are available at the point in the game you’re at

https://youtu.be/nBGC7OQne7A?si=x3Igh9ekRWHEK1GR

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Scan duration is double-edged, it's both the time the targets stay highlighted and the cooldown time before you can scan again.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
I think the biggest thing new players are not doing is kicking. The damage is pretty good, it does a lot of stagger damage, it seems to lock people in place for a bit so kick into shotgun is guaranteed, and also it’s funny and looks cool

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)

Warmachine posted:

Build a land battleship.

I'll make my own CATAPHRACT! With blackjack, and jobbers!

(Spoilered for boss mech):

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Infiltrate Grid 086 S Rank Tips:

1. This is another one where you either need to outpace with kills or finish fast
2. If you kill the 2 battle log tetrapods above Invincible rummy you get lots of extra time
3. You can shoot the fuel tanks that hang above the tetrapod encounter before cleaner yourself to get some extra dmg and stun on the tetrapod
4. You wanna kill cleaner basically in 1 or 2 stuns, I did it with zimmerman and stun needles only took 1 down + 5% HP chip after
5. I ignored most of the enemies except ones close by I could reliably 1 shot with a shotgun blast and killed the 2 battlelog tetrapods.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

I managed to beat balteus (as a very bad player) with a very light build (full nachtrier or close enough) and two pulse guns with shotgun and pulse blade in the weapon bays

Remember that breaking shield is a stagger. Remember that you don’t need to hold jump at all times to stay in the air; being above him is extremely important in the second half as it makes the fireblades never hit.

Being close is better than being far away.

Ardryn
Oct 27, 2007

Rolling around at the speed of sound.

Thumbtacks posted:

I think the biggest thing new players are not doing is kicking. The damage is pretty good, it does a lot of stagger damage, it seems to lock people in place for a bit so kick into shotgun is guaranteed, and also it’s funny and looks cool

The kick is absolutely amazing, it has, almost, no cooldown and the boost cost is pretty light coupled with heavier load weight making the kick deal more damage. If your build is something short range like the shotgun/zimmer then gun-kick-gun-kick-sword/assault followup will deal shitloads of damage and will almost assuredly stagger whatever you're beating the poo poo out of. Though some enemies, Ibis mostly, will be too light for repeat kicks and will get too much knockback for repeats.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Thumbtacks posted:

I feel like Char when I do it

Also if you have reverse legs you do a God drat like MK dive kick, it owns

Funnily enough if you run out ammo punching is actually viable

Like you can do decent damage with the dumb quick jab, and the cool down is insane

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Sep 7, 2023

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

Jerkface posted:

Infiltrate Grid 086 S Rank Tips:

3. You can shoot the fuel tanks that hang above the tetrapod encounter before cleaner yourself to get some extra dmg and stun on the tetrapod

The tetrapod is scripted to shoot the fuel tanks, so I just fall behind it from the rafters and blast the crap out of it, which spooks it to move more towards the center, then it shoots the fuel tanks and blows itself up along with all the chaff.

Tibbeh
Apr 5, 2010
God I tried going back and playing For Answer again after beating 6 and I just can't do it. It feels so much clunkier now and I fear 6 has ruined me

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

TulliusCicero posted:

I feel like Char when I do it

Also if you have reverse legs you do a God drat like MK dive kick, it owns

Funnily enough if you run out ammo punching is actually viable

Like you can do decent damage with the dumb quick jab, and the cool down is insane

You can legitimately do crazy damage with a light AC + Bancho arms + dagger and bare fists.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Ardryn posted:

Pulse is best for clearing your stagger meter imo

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.

Pelican Dunderhead posted:

Good? Absolutely not but I stuck the biggest RaD weapons I could onto the Jailbreak set and named the AC “Poor Planning”. I got pasted almost immediately in pvp lol.

Chainsaw is good, Carla’s multimissile back launchers are good, the corncob hand multimissile launchers are good. I don’t really like Chatty’s carpet bomb missiles since they don’t have any tracking.

re: Chatty's missles they do if you wait the whole time, they'll come back around after their first pass, it just takes a while because they're slow

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

Rascyc posted:

Pulse is best for clearing your stagger meter imo

I also like it for 2v1 situations as well. Creates a health buffer for getting down to 1v1.

I've also used it so I could assault boost straight through boss attacks and kick 'em.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Attack the Refueling Station S Rank Pro Tip:

1. Another annoying one thats really time dependent, sub 4 minutes
2. Kill the battle log LC at the start and the one near the bridge to get extra pay + time
3. Fly to the left at the start to skip all the bad guys, then veer right to take out the LC then keep going right to get the bridge guy then fly across and up to the right to head towards the final objective.

I tried quickly killing the fuel tanks on the way to the end objective and skipped the LCs and got an A rank, but somehow getting LESS bonus pay by killing the battle log LCs I got an S rank.

The S rank system is dumb i'm finding out

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Thumbtacks posted:

Posting my kill again, I’m bad and got hit a lot but it should give you a rough idea, just stay as close as possible and follow him when he runs away, that prevents missile spam which is the scariest part. Phase 2 is a bit rough but aggressively dodging under him if you keep on top of him will usually make it work

Everything except the back weapons (which were disappointing anyway, I’d use laser guns) are available at the point in the game you’re at

https://youtu.be/nBGC7OQne7A?si=x3Igh9ekRWHEK1GR

I can get to phase 2 every time now and usually get him to 10-20%, including a nailbiter where I got him from 50% to 5% on 1hp. At this point, its learning the tells for the flame attacks and I should be able to nail it. Sometimes he just turbofucks me and it isn't clear to me if RNG is capitalizing on my misplay, or if I am doing something else wrong without noticing. But I think I'll brute force it soon enough

e: thinking about switching to controller to make using the back weapons easier. its awkward to try to hit with charged laser cannons while moving

big cummers ONLY fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Sep 7, 2023

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
I just beat the NG+ guy iguazu sends in the underground by punching him to death after running out of ammo in the burst pistols I was trying for the first time. Just got him on the wall and kept punching him until he exploded. Amazing stuff. Wasn't even using basho arms lmao

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

swinburned lol

https://i.imgur.com/sbsP02Y.mp4

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Graduating from seal-clubbing the Training AC to seal-clubbing Swinburne.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

The alternate guy you can fight there is a loving cool fight