Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Guga's experiments are mostly informative. This one was also informative: don't dry age steak in vegemite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

FFT posted:

Guga's experiments are mostly informative. This one was also informative: don't dry age steak in vegemite.

It's like those science studies where people comment "well duh we knew that" but it's important to verify that, indeed, vegemite aged steak is not a good idea.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

FFT posted:

Unless you’re a muscular six foot four inch man from Brussels that speaks your language.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Shooting Blanks posted:

This machine isn't designed to actually sell. It's designed so that a group of folks can siphon some VC money for themselves.

isn't that what happened to that pizza robot company that I kept seeing ads for?

yep they got $375 million in VC before shutting down lmao https://futurism.com/the-byte/robot-pizza-startup-shuts-down

Imagine the actual problems that could be solved with $375 million lmao

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Whooping Crabs posted:

isn't that what happened to that pizza robot company that I kept seeing ads for?

yep they got $375 million in VC before shutting down lmao https://futurism.com/the-byte/robot-pizza-startup-shuts-down

This isn't the problem solving thread so I'm just imagining what 375 million Taco Bell cheesy roll ups look like.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Whooping Crabs posted:

I'm more convinced now than ever that every VC funded project is just elaborate performative money laundering. make something so stupid and obviously prone to failure that people just mock you instead of actually investigating where 400million vanished to.

nesamdoom
Apr 15, 2018

nesaM kiled Masen

Pookah posted:

That thing looks like a huge pain in the rear end to clean and can apparently only cook a single, relatively small potful of food.

Yeppers. One/two skillets and a cutting board is easy clean up. 6+ plastic tubs is gonna be work.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

zedprime posted:

This isn't the problem solving thread so I'm just imagining what 375 million Taco Bell cheesy roll ups look like.

You could feed a lot of people with 375 million taco bell cheesy roll ups

nesamdoom
Apr 15, 2018

nesaM kiled Masen

FFT posted:

I appreciate his science. I still think a good steak just needs a lil heat and a plate, but Guga is doing the hard calculations that may save the world. Also, like Vegemite steaks, he has to find what doesn't work to compliment what does.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

OwlFancier posted:

You could feed a lot of people with 375 million taco bell cheesy roll ups
We know, 375 million cheesy roll ups is basically how US food aid works regarding government cheese.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

nesamdoom posted:

Yeppers. One/two skillets and a cutting board is easy clean up. 6+ plastic tubs is gonna be work.

And having to take the stirring arm off, having to remove and clean the little spice containers, having to clean the splatter (they got a nice shot of the splash in that clip) off the casing itself.

Also love the closeup of the poo poo job it did at breaking up the lump of ground beef.

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

We have this already it's called a crock pot?

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

Yes but your crock pot does not require a subscription service to get new recipes, therefore it sucks.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

hallo spacedog posted:

We have this already it's called a crock pot?
Oh this thing's a crock all right!!

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

if beef == moist then nudge beef else moisten beef end program food is done

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

Rate my dinner? I'm a single man, if relevant.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Millennials, all they want to do is eat butts :rolleyes:

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

And what's wrong with that?
I'd like to know
'Cause here I go again

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

lobsterminator posted:

Rate my dinner? I'm a single man, if relevant.

You must be a cousin of mine on my mom’s side. Still trying to scam your way into getting social security checks?

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Paladinus posted:

The fact that you have to sort everything into five different containers that, I assume, have to be ready and inserted into the cooking robot at the same time, is ridiculous. It takes longer, it's less convenient, the end result is worse, plus I'm sure it also has some always online bullshit that can lock you out of cooking food when their server is down. Really mad about that stupid thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGgpSWcaV1U

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
you just know the robot is going to get infested with some wicked bad mold too unless you're very meticulous about cleaning it. maybe it has some kind of high tech radiation sterilizer tech.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

For real if they want to actually invent a labor saving robot the biggest win would be to clean dishes and to chop vegetables.

Oh wait I'm just hearing they invented those things a while ago

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

His name's Enrique, and he does so much more than dishes and vegetables :colbert:

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"

gold.

this one autoplayed after that and had me rolling:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sg0nYhUB7CA

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Captain Hygiene posted:

His name's Enrique, and he does so much more than dishes and vegetables :colbert:

He rails that woman like Amtrak while the bf/husband watches from the cuck chair.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

The weirdest thing about this is the existence of 7 ounce bottles of soda.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Captain Hygiene posted:

Last I checked he's going to be in prison for 22 years, so don't hold your breath.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

have a sip

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Good Lord it took way too much mental calibration to see that as anything other than a bathtub

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

maybealabia posted:

Good Lord it took way too much mental calibration to see that as anything other than a bathtub

Glad it wasn't just me.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

maybealabia posted:

How thread poisoned is my brain that I was like "loving bathtub" and didn't even think about it more til I saw your post and looked again.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I didn't even think about how large those carrots would have had to be until after I saw the dial.

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

maybealabia posted:

i was nodding along approvingly because bathtub gumbo sounds fine but then suddenly "gently caress me that's an enormous kidney bean"

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Actual kidney more like.

don't move from the bathtub and call 911

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Gravid Topiary posted:

i was nodding along approvingly because bathtub gumbo sounds fine but then suddenly "gently caress me that's an enormous kidney bean"

thats an actual kidney

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

My Lovely Horse posted:

I didn't even think about how large those carrots would have had to be until after I saw the dial.

Those are pumpkins

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

maybealabia posted:

Those are pumpkins

Non Compos Mentis posted:

thats an actual kidney

Yall acting like you've never had nonna's famous bathtub pumpkin human kidney soup

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/kojiou3/status/1699739425247563887

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/727012094674731008/1149714060636606586/RDT_20230908_103150.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

maybealabia posted:

Slices of carrot the width of your arm.