Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
But if they did that then they couldn't have a computer do it automatically

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Having one feed will be nice. I’ve mentioned chapo doing that a bunch and its so much more convenient. This pod really is the beat value for the bucks

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

September Dispatch is out!

Episode 694 – Star Wars: Episode I: The Phantom Menace REDUX

Episode 695 – The Faculty

Episode 696– Expendables 3

Episode 697– Saw V

Patreon Episodes:

We Love Movies – Blade

Animation Damnation: King of the Hill: “Aisle 8A” (s4,e5)

The Nexus: TOS: “That Which Survives” (s3, e17) TNG: “Family”(s4,e3)

Gleep Glossary: The Pod Race Pilots

MelR0210: 90210“Too Little, Too Late/Paris 75001” (s3, e3), Melrose Place: “Arousing Suspicions (s2, e18)

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

I forget, have they said what they plan on doing with the Nexus once they run out of TOS episodes? They're fast approaching that point. (I think only 7 or 8 episodes left.)

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
I think DS9 would make sense and was maybe mentioned way back when. Or maybe they could do the animated series.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Do Babylon 5, cowards.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

GrandpaPants posted:

Do Lexx, cowards.

The Gillman
Jul 8, 2004
Beaten with a sack of sweet Valencia oranges
Grimey Drawer
Woo! The Faculty!

Woo! Blade!

Woo! KOTH

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
I requested Faculty last listen request month, so that is good.

So, i NEVER got ads playing in the middle of sentences or breaking up convos before this very week. Now, I get like 3 ads per episode and they always come in the middle of the sentence. This only happened they announced the 'ad-free tier', and it a tier above what I used to be. I'm not going to get the add-free version out of spite now.

That'll show 'em

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
They should do The Animated Series or start covering the Star Trek fan films that managed to pay an old cast member to show up for a few seconds

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

It's weird because in the past, I am reasonably sure I read that Andrew specifically mentioned he inserted the ad breaks into the episodes so they came at not awful points or inside sentences. Entirely possible that in leaving Headgum they went from "mandated ad content but controlled ad placement" to "mandated ads and no control over placement".

Who knows. All I know

The Gillman posted:

Woo! Blade!

Time for a rewatch for me!

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Cael posted:

It's weird because in the past, I am reasonably sure I read that Andrew specifically mentioned he inserted the ad breaks into the episodes so they came at not awful points or inside sentences. Entirely possible that in leaving Headgum they went from "mandated ad content but controlled ad placement" to "mandated ads and no control over placement".

I'm sure this is what happened. They're managing everything themselves now, so Jupin probably wants to manage one thing less himself, and went with some ad system that inserts them wherever.

It does suck, because the ad placement is awful now. But they're offering the ad-free option at a tier I'm already paying for, so I'm not complaining.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

thrawn527 posted:

I forget, have they said what they plan on doing with the Nexus once they run out of TOS episodes? They're fast approaching that point. (I think only 7 or 8 episodes left.)

Accounting for WLM month and request month they'll finish TOS in like June or July next year, plenty of time to decide what to do. Hope they do DS9 though, and that they have Angelica on for some of them

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

Accounting for WLM month and request month they'll finish TOS in like June or July next year, plenty of time to decide what to do. Hope they do DS9 though, and that they have Angelica on for some of them

The best possible outcome. If they do that, I'll actually rewatch DS9 with them.

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

Great WLM pick

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

Does anyone else get parts of the podcast repeated in like 20 second chunks? Or is it my app/connection/stupid rear end?

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

ravenkult posted:

Does anyone else get parts of the podcast repeated in like 20 second chunks? Or is it my app/connection/stupid rear end?

yeah that happens occasionally. no idea on how to fix it.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Angela is so great. I wish they'd make her a regular member of the cast.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

She’s good in doses but I think she’d get on my nerves if she was there all the time. I think she gets too high when she’s on.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Invalid Validation posted:

She’s good in doses but I think she’d get on my nerves if she was there all the time. I think she gets too high when she’s on.

Maybe. I just know I enjoy all the episodes she's on and she really adds to the show every time. Might be a thing, though, where like you said she works better in small doses. Kind of like certain Late Night Show recurring characters. But I've never heard an episode where I thought she made it worse.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Normally I don’t think this is true, but I think it happened for the American Pie 2 episode recently, where she basically disappeared for the second half.

Which, I mean, been there, not judging.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

I was so confused because I didn't know who Angela was lol. Yeah, Angelica is definitely my favorite guest by far and I don't think she'd be too much if she was a regular

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
Bummed Angelica isn't gonna be on The Faculty episode, seems right up her alley.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

So if you're a Walsh tier Patreon subscriber, there's no reason to keep the main feed anymore, right?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

:lol: Eric's Cameo choice was Billy Dee Williams :allears:

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

GrandpaPants posted:

So if you're a Walsh tier Patreon subscriber, there's no reason to keep the main feed anymore, right?

I think the only thing of note going up on one and not the other are maybe mailbags or on-screen live. And if those begin showing up on the pay feed, then I guess the answer is a hard "nope".

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Ughhhh I love that I can now get main feed ad-free stuff again after all these years, but at the very least Audioboom stuff has the art and episode and season number already filled in to the metadata. Small price to pay.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Rageaholic posted:

:lol: Eric's Cameo choice was Billy Dee Williams :allears:

I couldn't stop laughing at the Cameo, between the audio quality and the accusations of Chris being a cheater. Incredible stuff.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Big laugh at "Phoning in from Cloud City"

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Jiro posted:

Ughhhh I love that I can now get main feed ad-free stuff again after all these years, but at the very least Audioboom stuff has the art and episode and season number already filled in to the metadata. Small price to pay.

The adfree file is 70MB more than the one with ads. That means it's more quality

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

claw game handjob posted:

I think the only thing of note going up on one and not the other are maybe mailbags or on-screen live. And if those begin showing up on the pay feed, then I guess the answer is a hard "nope".

For non twitter users, Andrew did hit on that today

https://twitter.com/jupin/status/1699022386199220614?s=46

Silentgoldfish
Nov 5, 2008
At least for the phantom menace episode the ads are still adreads by the guys. The previous episode had all local ads literally coming mid sentence which was incredibly jarring to the point of being actively unpleasant.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

That's probably something that got added via HeadGum which was something that lead to their leaving. Or possibly a middle finger from HeadGum if the boys put in an early notice

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Took a break a while ago, came back and man, it was very funny to hear Eric get grossed out by Cleeg Lars jokes.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:
I am so far behind right now but decided to listen to the Phantom Menace episode today and almost died laughing at the Goatse references

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Loved the return of scumbag Clieg Lars

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
It's also interesting to go back and compare their feelings now to the old episode. It's over a decade, sure, but contrast their more tempered feelings on the movie now and them pointing out the good as opposed to the much more vitriolic reactions of their younger selves.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

The Deleter posted:

It's also interesting to go back and compare their feelings now to the old episode. It's over a decade, sure, but contrast their more tempered feelings on the movie now and them pointing out the good as opposed to the much more vitriolic reactions of their younger selves.

As they mentioned they have been more worse Star Wars in the last 10 years

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

They clocked it right by saying the prequels should not have focused on Vader. And especially not had a little shitboy play him in the first movie. I remember seeing phantom menace in theaters and being disappointed, it definitely wasn’t the kind of experience people got with the OT. Was a little confused on how much leeway they gave all the cgi in that movie, all those prequels had bad green screen through most of the runtimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

Was a little confused on how much leeway they gave all the cgi in that movie, all those prequels had bad green screen through most of the runtimes.

Big same. The 4K transfer on Disney+ looks fine when it's real people or objects on real sets but the CGI shots of Naboo look terrible. The textures are as smooth as any Dreamcast game, and Clones has that same off-putting digital smooth sheen on it.