Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

"Overed" rail cannon huh

:allears:

Ardryn posted:

Assault armor counters pulse armor, the assault will even continue straight through pulse and apply damage if the shield doesn't have enough left to tank the full explosion.

Pulse can be a serious trap depending on your play style, though it can save you if you activate it right before a big attack. I'm of the opinion that assault is easier to use and it's nicer to have an extra helping of damage than it is to have a shield that quickly decays on its own.

Weird, I must be loving something up then. I've been using it the entire time anyway because 4A owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8DoeXwlngc

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The Ice Worm is a lot less climactic when it just falls over on you for 15000 damage lmao

Ardryn
Oct 27, 2007

Rolling around at the speed of sound.

RBA Starblade posted:

"Overed" rail cannon huh

:allears:

Weird, I must be loving something up then. I've been using it the entire time anyway because 4A owns

To be fair, assault drops off hard even just a few dozen meters from the center, you really do have to basically sit on an enemy and activate it to get the most out of it, and I stuck with a RJ light AC for the main game and used the light tank for the arena until I settled on my melee build.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Lol going back for S-Ranks I just trucked Balto so fast it didn't even have time to phase transition :smugdog:

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

RBA Starblade posted:

The Ice Worm is a lot less climactic when it just falls over on you for 15000 damage lmao

I want to know all the things that can kill you from falling on you.

So far it's STRIDER and Ice Worm. Can ships fall on you?

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

GreatGreen posted:

This is the exact reason From doesn't need to go on some nerfing spree just because some people have picked up on gats, zimms, and needles. This is exactly how the meta evolves in games like this. People find builds they *think* are OP and everybody goes straight for those, right up until somebody else comes along and builds something totally out of left field that destroys them, at which point that becomes the new meta until the next person comes along and figures out something that destroys that, and on it goes.

edit: can't wait until the ultra best meta build in the game comes around to being dual smoke guns.

no i am pretty sure that they really do need to re-balance a lot of the weapons and part stats. the way direct hits, firearm specialization and recoil control work right now are just not good. one of the reasons why the gatling gun and zimmermans are meta is probably that they're basically unaffected by the recoil stat so there's. the 60 recoil, 160 fire arm specialization arms are going to handle their recoil about as well as the 160 recoil, 60 firearm specialization arms. so there is no reason to use the latter over the former unless you're worried about AP.

on the other hand weapons like some SMGs, the linear rifles and the assault rifles are hugely effected by recoil compensation. basically anything below 130 recoil control is going to struggle with them. but they are also at best on par with the gatling gun and zimmermans in terms of impact and worse in terms of DPS.

i don't think that they need to necessarily be nerfing guns but they really need to gently caress with the recoil and recoil compensation values and add something like armor penetration or jack up direct hit multipliers to give weapons with low burst DPS more of a reason to exist

turn off the TV fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Sep 8, 2023

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
raise your hand if you've been smashed by the strider leg

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)

Warmachine posted:

I want to know all the things that can kill you from falling on you.

So far it's STRIDER and Ice Worm. Can ships fall on you?

Yes.. the stationary ones you blow up can slouch on you and do some damage. Not enough to instantly kill. Though maybe I took the hint and pulled out fast enough.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
i'm willing to bet you can probably get squished by nepenthes

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
One of two things happen when I get home

1. I get past the last 10% roadblock against Iguana

OR

2. I don't and gently caress off to go find chests I missed

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

You can also get stuck under a destroyed ship and have to restart the mission because you're boxed in completely lol. Yes, I felt real dumb for that.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
I got smashed inside of caraphract once when it boosted into me. Was very confusing cause the camera lost all sense of where to focus.

Eventually got ejected for like 10k damage.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
I thought I was tough poo poo when I got Ibis down on my first try. Boy was I dead wrong He got back up.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Isnt there a post that has all the levels that have creates in them but not the location?

Lemme get that post

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Just google an article and look at the table of contents but not the details

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

verbal enema posted:

Isnt there a post that has all the levels that have creates in them but not the location?

Lemme get that post

Infiltrate Grid 086
Tunnel Sabotage
Survey the Uninhabited Floating City
Eliminate “Honest” Brute
Underground Exploration - all three depths
Unknown Territory
Reach the Coral Convergence
Regain Control of the Xylem

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Sindai posted:

Just google an article and look at the table of contents but not the details

No!!!!

johnny park posted:

Infiltrate Grid 086
Tunnel Sabotage
Survey the Uninhabited Floating City
Eliminate “Honest” Brute
Underground Exploration - all three depths
Unknown Territory
Reach the Coral Convergence
Regain Control of the Xylem

Thanks!!

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
I'm about to start the NG+ ending which for me will be Fires of Raven and it's a little bad feeling not just because of the decision but because narratively is super obvious there is an order for endings on the NG, NG+, NG++ cycle. All the additional content in NG+ is building to the Liberator ending. This is entirely obvious with Uncle stepping in when you fight Rusty, and with the extra information and missions. It makes it seem way disjointed that after all that and the additional emphasis on choosing what I really want that I would do the genocide choice but here we gooo.

It's honestly so disjointed it makes me think giving a decision for the ending might have been a late development decision.

Shyrka
Feb 10, 2005

Small Boss likes to spin!
Finally got every item and every combat log on NG+++.

Of course the missing chest and battlelogs were both on Reach the Convergence so I had to fight the chapter 4 boss again (and do the Intercept the Redguns mission which I didn't do the first time around and then also skipped on NG+ because as the poster above says, the NG+ content is strongly pushed towards RLF stuff). Despite having beaten that boss a bunch it still gives me trouble, unlike poor Balteus. I wound up trying out dual zimmermans and dual stun needles after not using zimmermans at all previously. Absolutely loving disgusting.

I guess that's me done though. I don't have it in me to go for S ranks. But I might replay some missions for fun here and there.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

NG+++ should have an ending where you realize you're not going to get paid and simply leave.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)
I think they expect new players to just follow orders from their handler and avoid killing Carla (you monster). But I do agree with you. It was a bummer to get extra context for an ending I already knew I wasn't taking.

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
because i make risky decisions
from a position of
unreasonable self-confidence
unfortunately their last game was Elden Ring, in which i was mostly unclear on my purpose for huge parts on the game and so, like in real life, defaulted to just doing what women tell me, so i was primed to do it here as well.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

To be fair Ayre is basically just like (ending spoilers) Raven I'll stick with you no matter what choice you make!! the whole way through Ch3 and 4, she just didn't expect the choice you make to be "kill you and everyone you have ever known." I could see them thinking players would want to gently caress over the corporations with Carla, and expect Ayre to deal with it since she's basically just a voice in your head. They probably should have had the player spend more time with Carla, and more missions that emphasize "Coral is dangerous" than just the tunnel mission if they wanted people to make that choice first though.

On that note, uh, is Coral supposed to be a Lifestream type thing or is it just some gestalt consciousness? Ayre refers to sparks of it as her brothers and sisters but ALLMIND seems to think she's some kind of aberration from the norm. Ayre also calls herself a Rubiconian but Rubiconians seem to just be ordinary humans. That said, she could mean she's from Rubicon just like the people in the RLF, only she's a sentient gamma ray instead of a human?

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Chillgamesh posted:

To be fair Ayre is basically just like (ending spoilers) Raven I'll stick with you no matter what choice you make!! the whole way through Ch3 and 4, she just didn't expect the choice you make to be "kill you and everyone you have ever known." I could see them thinking players would want to gently caress over the corporations with Carla, and expect Ayre to deal with it since she's basically just a voice in your head. They probably should have had the player spend more time with Carla, and more missions that emphasize "Coral is dangerous" than just the tunnel mission if they wanted people to make that choice first though.

On that note, uh, is Coral supposed to be a Lifestream type thing or is it just some gestalt consciousness? Ayre refers to sparks of it as her brothers and sisters but ALLMIND seems to think she's some kind of aberration from the norm. Ayre also calls herself a Rubiconian but Rubiconians seem to just be ordinary humans. That said, she could mean she's from Rubicon just like the people in the RLF, only she's a sentient gamma ray instead of a human?

Ayre is a mutant Coral waveform (it's suggested that she's literally either the red dot in the darkness or the red waveform in the load screen). She's Rubiconian because Coral is from Rubicon.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Chillgamesh posted:

it's neither. an actual individual coral is called a wave/waveform and groups of them demonstrate swarming behavior and form colonies called flocks. Ayre is a mutated wave that's gained sapience.

this is what she looks like. no clue how big that is supposed to be or where she's actually physically located since she manages to remotely transfer herself into a giant robot at some point.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Katamari Democracy posted:

I thought I was tough poo poo when I got Ibis down on my first try. Boy was I dead wrong He got back up.

I actually thought Ibis would be the last boss when it got back up because Hades has me so thoroughly programmed to expect the final boss to stand back up. (oh-ho nested spoiler for NG++) I actually loaded an Ibis-killer build for NG++ because I was fully anticipating a Hades-style phase 3 but instead the mission takes a completely different track.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

working on my NG+ run and have a question: I did Fires of Raven for my first run and wanted to get the Liberator ending for this one, but someone told me that you have to refuse the liberation front's offer to betray the redguns in the dam attack in chapter 1 to get that ending on NG+. Is that actually true? seems like a weird choice to add an extra lock-out option on the second play through so early into the run, and it kinda sucks if so since I already did that mission and chose accept because hey, new choices

Assessor of Maat
Nov 20, 2019

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

working on my NG+ run and have a question: I did Fires of Raven for my first run and wanted to get the Liberator ending for this one, but someone told me that you have to refuse the liberation front's offer to betray the redguns in the dam attack in chapter 1 to get that ending on NG+. Is that actually true? seems like a weird choice to add an extra lock-out option on the second play through so early into the run, and it kinda sucks if so since I already did that mission and chose accept because hey, new choices

nah, whoever told you that is entirely wrong

Ardryn
Oct 27, 2007

Rolling around at the speed of sound.

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

What Assessor said, I'm 99.99% sure that the only thing that determines getting that is choosing to go after Carla at that decision point.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
Need to go back and do a fires ending just to cleanse the ng++ run I did to be a completionist. The last fight was cool tho

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
Second credits running, onto what I can only imagine is the real, actual game, NG++.

Edit: I'm worried that switching to the wheelchair tank dual gatling dual needles (the boss deleter) on Ayre means I'm gonna get hosed right on up by whatever NG++ has to offer but I'm here for it because I took down Rusty... sigh in my Kasuar legs ultralight.

Edit 2: in NG++ can I just choose whatever I want on decision missions or am I gonna gently caress myself if I don't e.g. betray the redguns ?

Paramemetic fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Sep 8, 2023

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

/Raven/
/What are you and Walter doing on Rubicon/

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Ardryn posted:

What Assessor said, I'm 99.99% sure that the only thing that determines getting that is choosing to go after Carla at that decision point.

You're absolutely right. The only ending that has specific requirements outside of that final choice path is in NG++

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!
Just got to seaspider. after experimenting witha dual gatling tank, I've determined that the best build is a big generator and a quad base spin kicking forever.

Big Bizness
Jun 19, 2019

I am jonesing so bad for more AC. Even after marathoning the entire series over the last several months and playing AC6 for 60 hours over the last 2 weeks. I need more!!!!!

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Harold Fjord posted:

Just got to seaspider. after experimenting witha dual gatling tank, I've determined that the best build is a big generator and a quad base spin kicking forever.

I just killed that boss on a fast bipedal that used no kicks

or melee at all

Assessor of Maat
Nov 20, 2019

Paramemetic posted:

Edit 2: in NG++ can I just choose whatever I want on decision missions or am I gonna gently caress myself if I don't e.g. betray the redguns ?

NG++ does have missions you must take for the ending, but they're all new so it's obvious enough what you need to do. I've seen it claimed you need to have finished all of additional NG+ arena fights for those to appear, but I forgot what I was doing overnight and went into NG++ without doing that and they still appeared, so I don't think that's actually required.

Big Bizness
Jun 19, 2019

Here's a pro tip (that most of the people in this thread probably already know): if you rapid press jump / vertical boost while in the air you can maintain your altitude while consuming less energy then you would compared to just holding the button down. This trick goes all the way back to AC1.

A similar trick works for horizontal air movement. Keep hitting the assault boost / kick button and you can maintain lots of energy while still covering a decent distance. It's not as fast as just assault boosting normally but if you're low on energy and think you might not make it to that ledge you're trying to reach it might save you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Assessor of Maat posted:

NG++ does have missions you must take for the ending, but they're all new so it's obvious enough what you need to do. I've seen it claimed you need to have finished all of additional NG+ arena fights for those to appear, but I forgot what I was doing overnight and went into NG++ without doing that and they still appeared, so I don't think that's actually required.

This has me wondering now, because I think it'd work really well if the only consequence for that was Ayre not joining you in phase 2 of the ALLMIND fight. Since that's really what comes out of those three fights. A bit of "Hmm ALLMIND seems mighty sus" and "Oh hey, I think I might be able to pilot a C-Weapon if I try lets give it a spin!"