Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

i also weigh 90 pounds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
wtf is a pound

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

goblin week posted:

i started saxenda yesterday. having ozempic prescribed would get me under investigation by the nanny state.

i'm still flabbergasted about the cost. wife's helping me out because a hundred dollars is an easier ask in the states lol.
if i manage to get down to double digit weight, it'll be worth it.

it costs about $520nzd a month here 😅

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

goblin week posted:

wtf is a pound

it's something your own butt does to your butt according to Dr Charles Tingle.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
gl tho bro

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
yeah, i know that objectively it's not a big expense but i earn roughly a thousand dollars a month (which is still a massive leg up in being more independent and being able to do poo poo like "pay my own bills") and it's far from being the only medical expense!!

i will persevere tho. i feel like i can at least save as much in food costs

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
it’s still a decent chunk of change tho

unfortunately healthcare ain’t cheap and it’s also a total roll of the dice if you need stuff that’s pricey or not too. sucks lol

wish u luck

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

fart simpson posted:

i also weigh 90 pounds

a fan of the stymie diet, i see.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Mr. Nice! posted:

a fan of the stymie diet, i see.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

goblin week posted:

if i manage to get down to double digit weight, it'll be worth it.

it's early in the morning for me and I was really concerned about this for a moment

mystes
May 31, 2006

The Fool posted:

it's early in the morning for me and I was really concerned about this for a moment
Got to get down to 99 stones

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

my pharmacy has punted me off their dependable sms-based refill system and into their lovely, broken app, and i hate it

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
i hate that everything is an app now. does that make me old? perhaps, but i don't care, it sucks rear end

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

well-read undead posted:

my pharmacy has punted me off their dependable sms-based refill system and into their lovely, broken app, and i hate it

we were encouraged to make this happen but it’s so much worse so we kinda just aren’t

sms just works

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Beeftweeter posted:

i hate that everything is an app now. does that make me old? perhaps, but i don't care, it sucks rear end

As an App Maker, this is objectively correct.

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

echinopsis posted:

we were encouraged to make this happen but it’s so much worse so we kinda just aren’t

sms just works

bless

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Beeftweeter posted:

it’s particular bad with pharmacy because there is not and perhaps never will (for good reason) be integration with prescribers and pharmacies so all the app from a pharmacy ever can really do is allow you to order repeats/refills but then every second or third time you need a new rx so it fails because it’s not a full solution at all

we’re pushed toward it because analytics show higher retention when people use the app. I assume this is because it just creates a barrier to go somewhere else

I am relatively lucky to work in a pharmacy that while is part of a big chain, is privately owned and not corporately owned, so we can largely make our own decisions, and our dispensary manager is quite happy to keep prices reasonable and help people. did an emergency contraceptive the other day and the person asked how much it was and I said $20 and she said it was $75 last time 😳 the price it entirely decided upon by us coz the drug portion is free (or $5) to the customer. in fact I’ve not charged the fee a few times if I can see $20 would be a stretch for them. would suck if I didn’t have that flexibility. ya get into healthcare to help people

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

echinopsis posted:

we’re pushed toward it because analytics show higher retention when people use the app. I assume this is because it just creates a barrier to go somewhere else

my money says that's a fake signal, and it only appears retention is higher because there are analytics to measure retention in the first place, which either don't exist or are much more rudimentary in sms/analog systems

execs love following the pied piper of analytics without a second thought, even when it's a monumentally stupid decision

echinopsis posted:

I am relatively lucky to work in a pharmacy that while is part of a big chain, is privately owned and not corporately owned, so we can largely make our own decisions, and our dispensary manager is quite happy to keep prices reasonable and help people. did an emergency contraceptive the other day and the person asked how much it was and I said $20 and she said it was $75 last time 😳 the price it entirely decided upon by us coz the drug portion is free (or $5) to the customer. in fact I’ve not charged the fee a few times if I can see $20 would be a stretch for them. would suck if I didn’t have that flexibility. ya get into healthcare to help people

this owns

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

echinopsis posted:

it’s particular bad with pharmacy because there is not and perhaps never will (for good reason) be integration with prescribers and pharmacies so all the app from a pharmacy ever can really do is allow you to order repeats/refills but then every second or third time you need a new rx so it fails because it’s not a full solution at all

AIUI Pharmacy Benefits bullshit is going to mainly drag prices higher, even for smaller shops, because while you're in it to help people, Insurance Companies, Drug Companies, and CVS are not.

That said, stay safe, pharmacy ghost!

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
thank christ I work outside of the us healthcare system

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

echinopsis posted:

thank christ I work outside of the us healthcare system

why? thats where theres the most money to be made

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Volmarias posted:

As an App Maker, this is objectively correct.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
lol i'm sick AGAIN what the gently caress

basically spent most of august sick (shingles, covid, shingles again) and now i have a cold

that mr burns virus gif is a loving lie

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
how do you keep getting shingles

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

ppl getting shingles after covid is a known thing. covids probably doing something to ur immune system

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Beeftweeter posted:

most people get it once or maybe couple times but some people (it’s not common) get it annually/lots

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

Beeftweeter posted:

they can recur multiple times especially if something weakens your immune system and since i caught covid after i had shingles i assume that's why

second time they were pretty weaksauce but was definitely shingles, came in a small patch like the first ones but didn't get real bad or even end up blistering

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Cold on a Cob posted:

lol i'm sick AGAIN what the gently caress

basically spent most of august sick (shingles, covid, shingles again) and now i have a cold

that mr burns virus gif is a loving lie

bogus man I feel ya. my kids have had 3 colds this winter and my mum has caught every one and they always turn into chest infections for her and she’s not very proactive at getting antibiotics until she’s real bad and earlier this winter she had to go into hospital for it :/

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

fart simpson posted:

ppl getting shingles after covid is a known thing. covids probably doing something to ur immune system

huh, i figured most people would be immune after getting chickenpox, being vaccinated against it or just getting shingles once. but til:

quote:

Unless the immune system is compromised, it suppresses reactivation of the virus and prevents shingles outbreaks. Why this suppression sometimes fails is poorly understood,[43] but shingles is more likely to occur in people whose immune systems are impaired due to aging, immunosuppressive therapy, psychological stress, or other factors.[44][45] Upon reactivation, the virus replicates in neuronal cell bodies, and virions are shed from the cells and carried down the axons to the area of skin innervated by that ganglion. In the skin, the virus causes local inflammation and blistering. The short- and long-term pain caused by shingles outbreaks originates from inflammation of affected nerves due to the widespread growth of the virus in those areas.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Cold on a Cob posted:

they can recur multiple times especially if something weakens your immune system and since i caught covid after i had shingles i assume that's why

second time they were pretty weaksauce but was definitely shingles, came in a small patch like the first ones but didn't get real bad or even end up blistering

yeah it sounds like it was from covid loving with your immune system. that sucks man, i've never had shingles but it looks rough

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

echinopsis posted:

bogus man I feel ya. my kids have had 3 colds this winter and my mum has caught every one and they always turn into chest infections for her and she’s not very proactive at getting antibiotics until she’s real bad and earlier this winter she had to go into hospital for it :/

oof

I used to get frequent throat infections every spring until I realized I should be taking antihistamines so I wouldn’t have post nasal drip for two straight months every year

Beeftweeter posted:

yeah it sounds like it was from covid loving with your immune system. that sucks man, i've never had shingles but it looks rough

thx, yeah they suck but thankfully only got the worst of it on my lower back

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I once had a young girl in the pharmacy and her mother was asking me about a rash on her scalp and I was clueless about it and couldn’t help much

turns out she had shingles 😳 she was like ten or something. no wonder I couldn’t work it out, no way I could have imagined a kid would have it

great times

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Beeftweeter posted:

huh, i figured most people would be immune after getting chickenpox, being vaccinated against it or just getting shingles once. but til:

no man, it’s almost the other way around. you can’t get shingles unless youve had chickenpox

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

i had shingles on my face in january 2020 but it seems v unimportant because of all the covid stuff happening at the time

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

fart simpson posted:

no man, it’s almost the other way around. you can’t get shingles unless youve had chickenpox

lol oh poo poo that's right. i knew they were the same virus but i guess i forgot the rest

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
its appropriate that happened in the old folks thread. lol

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

lol I had shingles as well following a severe flu, maybe a few month before covid was spreading :tinfoil:

I am off the dentist this afternoon I hope they remove my impacted wisdom tooth it's been giving me so much grief. I had the other side removed a few years ago and apart from the dry socket following the op it's been great 4/5 stars

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
i keep my shingles on my roof you guys are weird

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

cowboy beepboop posted:

lol I had shingles as well following a severe flu, maybe a few month before covid was spreading :tinfoil:

I am off the dentist this afternoon I hope they remove my impacted wisdom tooth it's been giving me so much grief. I had the other side removed a few years ago and apart from the dry socket following the op it's been great 4/5 stars

ugh good luck

I have 4 impacted wisdom teeth that I am sure one day will ruin me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

my buddy got shingles last year and was complaining that a bunch of people didn't believe him that it wasn't contagious. so you better believe we didn't let him see us in person until he was better just to harass him