Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
If you have enough of them maybe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

hatty posted:

If you have enough of them maybe

Can you ever have enough gameboys advance?
Besides the one I just boxed up I have 6 +2 SPs.
I need a platinum and an orange gba still.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Games Boy Advance :v:

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

You’re the bomb dot com

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
I'm the game.com

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Charging extra to use the same bulk rate shipping is sleazy as hell, wtf

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

Still no shipping update on this end. Still at created label. Emailed them yesterday and no response. Not sure when to file a claim and with even who but I’m dying to call Chase to start a dispute.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

word.

I just checked and the box I sent is already scanned into the system and headed across the country. Or at least it’s across town already. I still beat analogue.

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

Have you considered a career in manufacturing third party retro consoles? :sigh:

otter
Jul 23, 2007

word.

Consoles? No. Arcade sticks? Yes.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
I would like to talk to Analogue Pocket's manager.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i ordered an indigo Flip off of amazon. if the hinge cracks, like everyone on reddit claims happens to every single device... i will just ignore it until the screen falls off completely and would have to return it, as is the way i am with all electronics/computers

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I think they reinforced the hinge on later models so they should replace it with a better one if yours breaks

Edit: ah yeah it’s been in fixed for a bit now it looks like, hopefully you have the updated model coming

https://twitter.com/Retroid0fficial/status/1697204269286314166?s=20

hatty fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Sep 8, 2023

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScIjiACk2Kwhttps://twitter.com/ResearchGrizzly/status/1699793574584590807https://twitter.com/ResearchGrizzly/status/1699793753211621773

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
RetroGameCorps Anbernic RG405V In-Depth Review

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcsPADETfB0

Fair Point

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
So you just need to mod a Fisher Price logo on the 405v to complete the look.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

word.

Im highly interested in this scenario. You would think some actual tech news would pick this up.
I looked up the company Grizzly Research and they were quoted as being “Short Seller Grizzly Research” and the only pickups the news appears to have so far is the automatic aggregation. You would think Apple would have taken notice and done some action, unless it’s only an android issue?

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

stephenthinkpad posted:

So you just need to mod a Fisher Price logo on the 405v to complete the look.

I totally see this. I had a few “game boy” looking toys when I was super young that would be some some of wind-up weird fake pixelated screen with like pac-man printed on the roll.

Which makes it an awesome design for nostalgia, I guess some people just aren’t old enough to appreciate it.

Edit: MEMORY UNLOCKED, it was almost identical to this.

Rolo fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Sep 8, 2023

Froist
Jun 6, 2004

otter posted:

You would think Apple would have taken notice and done some action, unless it’s only an android issue?

That’s one aspect to it - not wanting to get into platform wars but many of those claims just aren’t possible on iOS due to how locked down it is per-app.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

word.

Froist posted:

That’s one aspect to it - not wanting to get into platform wars but many of those claims just aren’t possible on iOS due to how locked down it is per-app.

Right. Do I implicitly trust Temu? gently caress no.
Do I think this might be a stock market hit job? Possibly.
However, I have received everything I have ordered and it would seem silly to jeopardize a company when you can make massive market penetration as quickly as they have. So they're more reliable than Aliexpress, who has begin aping their advertising and gimmicks in the app.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Just FYI, I have created multiple alt accounts on Temu to take advantages of the coupons. You can totally make a new account with fake name, fake phone number and throwaway email, all you need is real address to receive box. As for payment you can use paypal, one time credit card from your bank, one time credit card from privacy.com, google pay, all of these can stop future payments.

zzMisc
Jun 26, 2002

I mean on the one hand, no poo poo about the Temu app, on the other this is what you get when you go to the article on Grizzly Research's site:

:words:

..but I do think folks are way too free about installing any random clearly shady app on their phone. If you wouldn't run an .exe downloaded from a shady .ru site on the promise of getting 20% off a toy, why on earth would you do the equivalent on your mobile.

zzMisc fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Sep 8, 2023

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

zzMisc posted:

If you wouldn't run an .exe downloaded from a shady .ru site on the promise of getting 20% off a toy, why on earth would you do the equivalent on your mobile.

Who says I wouldn’t

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

zzMisc posted:

I mean on the one hand, no poo poo about the Temu app, on the other this is what you get when you go to the article on Grizzly Research's site:

:words:

..but I do think folks are way too free about installing any random clearly shady app on their phone. If you wouldn't run an .exe downloaded from a shady .ru site on the promise of getting 20% off a toy, why on earth would you do the equivalent on your mobile.

I just installed the app, got my miyoo mini ordered and uninstalled it. What are they going to do? Read all my posts?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Help help help the temu app has seen my wang

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

coconono posted:

Well what hasn’t at this point.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

word.

coconono posted:

When the app throws up an alert that says, "welp!" and uninstalls itself without explanation.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Is Temu just spyware on Android or did Steve Jobs also send my wang to China?

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
Temu sucked me off???

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

Temu sucked me off???

I wish!

otter
Jul 23, 2007

word.

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

Temu sucked me off???

They do sell sex toys that will do that, so yes?

zzMisc
Jun 26, 2002

Tiny Timbs posted:

Just depends on how much you trust iOS's app isolation & uninstall procedures. You should probably run under the assumption that if there's a hole in them to squeeze through, they're likely exploiting it

As far as "what would they do with my phone though", the answer is obviously "whatever makes them money", probably running something in the background to hit some server and generate ad impressions or something, or crypto mining, or whatever

You can try to outsmart them if you like but they're clearly not making money off the hardware sales, they're making money the way any spyware app does. I personally would not trust the uninstall process in either Android or iOS to prevent an app from leaving behind some background service doing whatever in some way, if it's really trying to.

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

Wow my pocket finally got to the US. It’s hanging out in LA between Skidrow and Chinatown.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

word.

IG-88 posted:

Wow my pocket finally got to the US. It’s hanging out in LA between Skidrow and Chinatown.

See, you need to be a social media influencer (tm) so they will fly you one first class that glows in the dark. (Elliot Coll, I'm looking at you, bro)

Now i feel silly sending that gba cross country. Which one will get there first? (my money is on the gba)

edit: its probably like losing the remote. as soon as you open the new one the old one appears, as if by magic. So technically, that Pocket never would have made it to the US if I hadn't sent it.

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

Let’s see how long it actually takes to get here now. People have had it stuck in Compton for almost a week now. Either way, we’ll figure out the GBA situation.

I was going to shell swap my gb pocket that my friend gave back to me. I had let him have it since his got stolen at a school dance in 5th grade about 25 years ago. But it’s that limited ice blue so I may keep it is as it for sentimental value.

Which means I may want to buy your GBA to try my hand at case swapping and what not. Seems like a fun hobby.

Oh man I missed this post:

Matt Zerella posted:

You can say what you want about TE but they ship their products on time and don't make you preorder.

I thought they were the same company, whoops. That’s just another set of electronics I wanted lol

IG-88 fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Sep 9, 2023

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

What do you think it means, bitch?

Tiny Timbs posted:

He sent your Wang to Chung, no doubt about it.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Since someone mentioned up thread, any recommendations for arcade sticks? I don't have room for an entire cabinet, but a set of sticks I can use

otter
Jul 23, 2007

word.

Gyshall posted:

Since someone mentioned up thread, any recommendations for arcade sticks? I don't have room for an entire cabinet, but a set of sticks I can use

Do you have a console platform you want to make sure it works for as well?
I love my Atrox by Razer. They make the same thing for PlayStation. I also have 2 Real arcade Pros which both are for ps3 and ps4. Recommend those pretty highly. Also for lower cost and good I like my 8bitdo stick that works on Mac, pc, Android, I think iOS and switch. I got that for $20 as “broken” and replaced the cheap rear end buttons with real sanwa buttons. It’s nice now.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the flip is here and it is good. although i haven't fully set it up yet, i still have to go through each emulator and program those two buttons so i can actually back out of a game without having to force close lol (besides retroarch i mean)

but naturally after i got most of my stuff on there... i installed and played octopath champions of the continent instead. which runs! it runs and works fine on the flip! except that the touch controls were designed in a brilliantly cruel way to prevent an easy button mapping solution (we're talkin menus appearing at various places on the screen, movement via swipe gestures, etc)

i did play a bit of Final Fantasy Chronicles: My Life as a King, which does work, and it's amazing that a small lil retro handheld can run a Wii game at near full speed. though the framerate does dip a little bit whenever a building is being constructed. still!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

IG-88 posted:

I like to imagine there’s a dude in US customs, whose whole job is to play Chinese game boxes. They can’t beat Sonic but they’re keeping us safe :freedom: