Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

There’s a reason I’m finally getting around to the ARR relic grind.

Finally gonna get me that Excalibur Zeta.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
They're giving me plenty of time to catch up!

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

It'll be a good time for me to clear out games from my backlog or work on old relics (again).

Maybe I'll check out XI again.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Ibblebibble posted:

It'll be a good time for me to clear out games from my backlog or work on old relics (again).

Maybe I'll check out XI again.

This would honestly be the best possible time for them to do the combined XI/XIV sub model they keep teasing. I'd be willing to spend a couple months poking around XI on a museum tour, at least.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Mordiceius posted:

6.5 - 10/03/23
6.55 - 12/12/23 (assuming 2+ months later)

7.0 ?????[/pre]

With the date listed as "Summer 2024," I have very little hope for an early June release. I'm expecting late June/early July, which would put us 6.5 months from the final patch.

they announced 6.55 as "mid-january 2024"

not that that makes it better, just telling you

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Theme this week was "Summer's last gasp" and I was going to go for the "early fall" side of things but then Jimmy Buffet died and I'm a Bard so... yeah.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

In the lull I'm going to finally get my Amaro and the goddamned star bird

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Good luck on that. There's a lot grinding involved in getting every job except SGE and RPR to 80. Although I think you have enough time to take the slow route. But that's a lot of roulettes.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

I think it took me about 6 months? But I already had a bunch of stuff at 90 to start with. Now working on getting everything else to 90 for my ugly hat.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
more mogtomes plz

edit: what I actually want is for them to just give us really wild stuff, like the fuckin eureka orthos silver sack TT card

DACK FAYDEN fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Sep 8, 2023

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Kwyndig posted:

Good luck on that. There's a lot grinding involved in getting every job except SGE and RPR to 80. Although I think you have enough time to take the slow route. But that's a lot of roulettes.

Oh I know, I leveled 5 jobs to 80 (now 90) getting the trust title lol

I have NIN, SAM, WAR, GNB, DRG, and MCH to fully do. DRK,SCH and SGE are 80 something.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

re-run the Yo-Kai Watch

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

World War Mammories posted:

they announced 6.55 as "mid-january 2024"

not that that makes it better, just telling you

Oh wow. I wasn't expecting such a big gap between 6.5 and 6.55. That'll be interesting. Thanks for the info on that.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
If it helps at all, 6.51 is set for later in October and will at least have the final variant dungeon. Not that it's going to tide people over alone for three months, but it's more than nothing.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
shooting my shot the the 6.55 solo duty is going to be 1v1 vs golbez

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I'm guessing 6.5 msq will conclude the current story while 6.55 msq will intro the next crisis

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

FuturePastNow posted:

re-run the Yo-Kai Watch
this is actually probably right, it was rerun six years ago and three years ago so we'd be due

wow holy poo poo did they ever nerf that grind it's only 10 fates per minion now I would hardly have to do anything to get whatever they add after the couch

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

FuturePastNow posted:

re-run the Yo-Kai Watch

Re-run FF15, I want that car mount.

KoB
May 1, 2009
ive got a bunch of other games im playin so ff being a little slow rn is fine for me. If youre worried about "content drought", do some other things.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

FuturePastNow posted:

I'm guessing 6.5 msq will conclude the current story while 6.55 msq will intro the next crisis

Yeah, that's where I think it's going to go. 6.5 trial will be Zeromus and sort out the last of the Thirteenth/voidsent plotline, 6.55 will be the breather episode where everyone finally gets around to reading those damned letters.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Erenville will greet us and say we look like we could use a vacation, then freeze frame on the group laughing and iris wipe to credits while a bossa nova arrangement of Footfalls with new upbeat lyrics plays.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Hogama posted:

Erenville will greet us and say we look like we could use a vacation, then freeze frame on the group laughing and iris wipe to credits while a bossa nova arrangement of Footfalls with new upbeat lyrics plays.

Also the devs will get to use their expensive volleyball animations for a third time while the credits roll.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Plenty of time for a 16 crossover…

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
Yeah the content drought is gonna be rough this coming year. I appreciate having things like Mog Tomestones, so hopefully we'll get another one in the final months leading to 7.0.

In the meantime, I'll continue fishing and doing other random junk. At some point I'll actually take a break from the game and check out some other titles I've been meaning to play and/or revisit. My backlog is very full, but my addiction to this game keeps me kicking.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Regalingualius posted:

It scales down, but overall takes longer to do it solo, especially if you’re going in blind

by design, variant dungeons take roughly the same amount of time whether you're doing it solo, with two, three or four people, with about a minute of variance at most. if solo runs take appreciably longer than that without deaths, then you should look up dps rotations and equip spirit dart if you're playing as healer or tank

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

The most substantial slowdown in soloing variant dungeons is that if you fail to sightread a boss's mechanics you might die and then have to start that boss again because there's no party members to pick you up off the floor

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
I laugh every time someone mentions a content drought. There's so much content, how could you ever be caught up? I've never even seen the top floor of one of the deep dungeons or touched an ultimate fight or beat a criterion savage. What content are you not touching while proclaiming a drought?

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

https://twitter.com/parado24/status/1699917297551643059?s=20

Can't believe EW Hildy's climax has already been leaked...

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

hazardousmouse posted:

I laugh every time someone mentions a content drought. There's so much content, how could you ever be caught up? I've never even seen the top floor of one of the deep dungeons or touched an ultimate fight or beat a criterion savage. What content are you not touching while proclaiming a drought?

The people complaining are generally the same people that are always whining about everything. Which is to say it's the super serious contentman streamers who are actually just interested in their content and burn through that in a week or two and then wail that there is nothing to do.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
The bozja instances are basically the best way to level 71-80 and they’re even good for 80-90 if you’ve got a good instance and group.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Infected posted:

The people complaining are generally the same people that are always whining about everything. Which is to say it's the super serious contentman streamers who are actually just interested in their content and burn through that in a week or two and then wail that there is nothing to do.
obviously some people are being over the top but i also dont think its unfair to say that people who have been playing the game since launch, or even just for a good 4-5 years now, might have exhausted most of the content in the game and that six months without any updates is a little rough. ff14 will survive mild criticism.

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

It would probably help Eureka see a lot more use if they made it work like bozja where it gave job exp and also you could take a 61 job in and have it scale to 70.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

theres really no reason for eureka not to give exp honestly. even if you didnt make it a competitive option for leveling itd at least encourage people to do it to break up the roulette monotony.

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

yeah I've been leveling all my jobs in stages up to 71 so I can take them all into Bozja to finish them up in a few hours. 1-50 is quick and easy, just do your hunt logs while you're waiting for your queu to pop. But 50-71 truly sucks and takes forever, and it's around that time when it starts to take 3-4 leveling dungeons just to get one level. Being able to take a job into Eureka at 61 for exp would do a lot to take the stink off of that stretch

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015
You get 4 new roulettes at level 50, though, 2 of which give ridiculous daily XP. And then at level 60 you get a chance of getting actually decent alliance raids. I always found the late 40s to be way worse to level jobs than anything higher.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

God Hole posted:

yeah I've been leveling all my jobs in stages up to 71 so I can take them all into Bozja to finish them up in a few hours. 1-50 is quick and easy, just do your hunt logs while you're waiting for your queu to pop. But 50-71 truly sucks and takes forever, and it's around that time when it starts to take 3-4 leveling dungeons just to get one level. Being able to take a job into Eureka at 61 for exp would do a lot to take the stink off of that stretch

If you're not, try doing fates as well. Throw up a PF for a fate party in whatever zone you're working in, and you might get some bites.

I will note that I haven't had to level anything to 50 (except new jobs) in like seven years, though.

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005
I just took my time with that stuff. You reliably get a level a day post 50 just doing MSQ and Alliance Raid roulette, pretty easy to get a second from leveling roulette, hunts, beast tribes, etc, and then challenge log and catbook xp to boost it further on a weekly basis.

30-50 is what I remember being kind of the worst stretch just due to not having a ton of content available, with 50-70 being crappy compared to 70+ because the beast tribe and hunt exp still sucks.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Endorph posted:

obviously some people are being over the top but i also dont think its unfair to say that people who have been playing the game since launch, or even just for a good 4-5 years now, might have exhausted most of the content in the game and that six months without any updates is a little rough. ff14 will survive mild criticism.

Yeah there's a ton of stuff in the game but if you've been playing long enough then you'll have done all the old stuff that you want to do. (No content drought will make me finish an old relic)

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

past couple of expansions bozja and eureka had maximum hangoutitude but they didn't bring those back. those two will probably see a bump in content as people look over their checklists post-6.55 but if you've already cleaned house during the previous pre-expac sessions there ain't anything like it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
The doldrums are a great time to level off classes.