Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

TinTower posted:

Massive side-eye at Georgia there.

Finally a map where West Virginia is the normal state

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Once again everybody groans at Oregon's poo poo

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

"A Land for the Jews" proposed by an American Jew around 1938. Some of these places would be decent to live while others would be unbearable. As you can see, the author opposed the Zionist program of building a Jewish homeland in Palestine. Herzl's Uganda proposal overlaps a little with territory 8. Territory 1 expands on the Jewish Autonomous Oblast, which was established in 1934 but never attracted much migration.

According to some blog, not much is known about the author, Joseph Otmar Hefter. This pamphlet is supposed to be from 1938 and as you can see, he opposed Zionist efforts to build a Jewish state in Palestine.

"Only the broadest outlines of Joseph Otmar Hefter’s life can be described with any certainty. He was born at the end of the nineteenth century in Austro-Hungary, emigrated to the U.S. and spent the last decades of his life in Mexico, working as a graphic designer. A documentary about Hefter, titled Faktories und Felder and produced for the aforementioned 2011 Israeli exhibition, eventually had to change course and turn into a speculative biography, for lack of hard evidence."

you should read the yiddish policeman's union if you haven't already; a partially-in-yiddish noir novel in an alternate 50s where the jewish state in alaska came to be

SoggyBobcat
Oct 2, 2013

TinTower posted:

Glad North Dakotans are looking after their mental health.

What does cbt mean in this context? Do I want to know?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

SoggyBobcat posted:

Glad North Dakotans are looking after their mental health.

What does cbt mean in this context? Do I want to know?

well as you say, cognitive behavioral therapy

cock & ball torture

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

TinTower posted:

Mississippians picked the right state.

Byzantine posted:

I think Langley is skewing the results there.
Philly police union too.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

kansas-missouri are the best ones. keep that rivalry alive

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Diqnol posted:

Fire play listed twice, map invalid

Clowns listed twice, too.

Also, sensual play and sensation play, though I think these can mean different things.

Saladman
Jan 12, 2010

TinTower posted:

Those maps are always bogus anyway since it’s probably like n = 2 searches in California and no one else ever searched for dacryphilia, whatever that is. Finger fetish? Not googling it.

N = 658,000 is unlikely to be even remotely enough data for this type of map.

E: I also wonder how many are just typos that one person repeatedly made, but I’m also not going to search and find out what "high protocol" means. I think "sweat" was the one I thought was probably a typo since it’s Mississippi, but poo poo, maybe not. Presumably the data are from text entry and not a pull-down menu (double entendre intended?)

Saladman fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Sep 8, 2023

wakka wakka
Oct 9, 2004

Diqnol posted:

Fire play listed twice, map invalid

High protocol is listed three times, separate from just protocol.

Though I think the stand out is enforced bedtime.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

"Pediatric firearm mortality rate by state and year from 2018 to 2021. States with absolute mortalities <20 are grayed out because of unreliable crude death rates (these include Arkansas, Delaware, Hawaii, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, North Dakota, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Vermont, West Virginia, Wyoming, and District of Columbia)."

https://arstechnica.com/health/2023/09/gun-deaths-among-us-children-reached-new-record-high-in-2021-study-finds

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

wakka wakka posted:

High protocol is listed three times, separate from just protocol.

Though I think the stand out is enforced bedtime.

i think we could all do with some enforced bedtime

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

mobby_6kl posted:

"Pediatric firearm mortality rate by state and year from 2018 to 2021. States with absolute mortalities <20 are grayed out because of unreliable crude death rates (these include Arkansas, Delaware, Hawaii, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, North Dakota, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Vermont, West Virginia, Wyoming, and District of Columbia)."

https://arstechnica.com/health/2023/09/gun-deaths-among-us-children-reached-new-record-high-in-2021-study-finds

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

TinTower posted:

wtf is in the Great Lakes?

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

It amuses me that some psychology thing shares an acronym with cock and ball torture.

Next you're gonna tell me there's a form of physical therapy coincidentally called "Felching" (Google this at work).

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
It's also Compulsory Basic Training within the Bicycle, Driving, Scooter and Moped scene.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Carthag Tuek posted:

well as you say, cognitive behavioral therapy

cock & ball torture

"My bad, this was supposed to say "Cbat"

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

Guavanaut posted:

It's also Compulsory Basic Training within the Bicycle, Driving, Scooter and Moped scene.

My sister's partner is having to redo his CBT after letting it lapse during the pandemic and I had to explain to my mum why I choked down a giggle when it came up at a family dinner.

Related, my work has started calling a practice where we check in periodically with customers to make sure everything's still OK after we've resolved a complaint "aftercare".

"Steve will be busy for the next 15 minutes as he's doing aftercare with a client"

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

What's "high protocol"?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Liz Truss day collar necklaces and other 'signs' in vanilla settings.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
"Enforced Bedtime" is so funny that it has be a secret kink that only exists because some people have a kink of being the only person in the world with a specific kink.

I am not googling these at work, so I need someone to tell me what Dacryphilia and "High Protocol" are.

Or what you even do with sweat play? Just turn the AC off?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

I am not googling these at work, so I need someone to tell me what Dacryphilia

My educated but dumb-rear end guess is something to do with crying.

e: lacrima used to be spelled dacrima. And probably many other ways because the Romans were not a consistent people.

3D Megadoodoo fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Sep 8, 2023

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

Louisiana is concerning.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Minenfeld! posted:

Louisiana is concerning.

Hearing gun shots are a normal occurence in this neighbourhood

It’s fine, in that the dog meme sense

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

"Enforced Bedtime" is so funny that it has be a secret kink that only exists because some people have a kink of being the only person in the world with a specific kink.

I am not googling these at work, so I need someone to tell me what Dacryphilia and "High Protocol" are.

Evidently high protocol is just intense sub/dom stuff like not making eye contact with your dom, never turning your back to them, or having to ask your dom if you can use the bathroom.

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Meticulously Researched
- Peer-reviewed

Platystemon posted:

wtf is in the Great Lakes?

As a Wisconsinite who's spent time in Minnesota, all I can say is "goo goo gaga."

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

Go play some Baldur's Gate 3 and Lae'zel will teach you

Pope Hilarius II
Nov 10, 2008

3D Megadoodoo posted:

e: lacrima used to be spelled dacrima. And probably many other ways because the Romans were not a consistent people.

You're correct but it's actually from Greek dacry (δάκρυ), which, yes, is likely a cognate of Latin lacrima.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Grand Fromage posted:

Finally a map where West Virginia is the normal state

Does big tits even count as a 'kink'

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Pope Hilarius II posted:

You're correct but it's actually from Greek dacry (δάκρυ), which, yes, is likely a cognate of Latin lacrima.

I never took Greek. There's a limit to my classical education.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
And that limit is somewhere around Salona.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Guavanaut posted:

And that limit is somewhere around Salona.

More like Salo (which is less than 50 km from here).

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I never took Greek. There's a limit to my classical education.

Did you give it tho?

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Phlegmish posted:

Does big tits even count as a 'kink'

Way bigger than you're thinking.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

In trying to source this map and post it on mobile, I found it is far funnier with comments intact

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Yeah, a million more people would understand if you wrote "lacrimophilia" so I'd say the right word is wrong here

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Camelot is in normal UK, it's just Colchester.

Mano
Jul 11, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

Camelot is in normal UK, it's just Colchester.

so Is Mordor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Made by MapmasterAnthony