Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

snoremac posted:

I hope Starfield gets the Skyrim treatment and is eventually repackaged on every platform for the next decade so I can play it.

I think they're gonna cave and put it on the Playstation eventually

the other question is whether the 2witch will be able to run it (probably!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/Iniqu1ty/status/1699828967744610672?t=FOfOucdebpDfSXrXSwEn4g&s=19

ron_paul_its_happening.gif

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
almost as delusional (but not quite) to gamers screaming for bloodborne PC

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

titanfall fans are going to be so happy to have a new extraction shooter set in the setting to go along with the battle royale

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Al! posted:

the low inventory limits and penalties in starfield are there to keep you from playing in a dumb way or alternately give you a hard time for playing in a dumb way. you can still do it, but its your funeral.

im somewhere around level 35 and im still regularly running out of money, which then gives me a problem with a lot of different fun and cool ways to solve it

What are you buying to make you run out of money? Are you engaging with the outpost system?

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Red Baron posted:

just wait for run 7 when Todd really reveals his master stroke

lol... I got my theories...

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

no, I won’t be hurt again

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
holy poo poo it's been 7 years since Titanfall 2 came out? god drat

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

turn off the TV posted:

titanfall fans are going to be so happy to have a new extraction shooter set in the setting to go along with the battle royale

also this

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I could be playing starfield but instead I'm playing Baldur's Gate.

the first one. thac0 lives motherfuckers

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

SirSamVimes posted:

my boy

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
https://youtu.be/PqC64HskLDY?si=HAqqN_mV1OtR2U7q

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

SirSamVimes posted:

ah yes, the good Baldur's Gate

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 minutes!

evilmiera posted:

What are you buying to make you run out of money? Are you engaging with the outpost system?

guns, materials, ammo, research supplies, crafting, ship parts (this is the big one probably), bribes, dumb blshit etc. doing the outpost stuff minimally until i can get the skills to make it worthwhile.

just trying to avoid the way i play fallout or skyrim where im just hoarding poo poo

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

I have 200k in space dollars because I never get any usable legendaries and also I stole a good suit of armor from the basement in the Constellation Lodge. I should really buy a new ship when I am able to get Rank C piloting (strangely this is the best rank, must be some naval bullshit)

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 minutes!
UC stands for United Clintons

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

Honestly its impressive how the UC comes off looking way worse than the guys that have a cyberpunk planet and whose top law enforcement officers work in a combination police HQ/bar

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

think ur so tough? land on toliman ii

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/digitalfoundry/status/1699784591525949798?t=P-wpc-srrYxi70fc9VQeQg&s=19

Wrap it up PCailures

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Okay, constantly switching gravity combined with my being below average at best using a controller for FPS stuff has me bringing it down to normal. Very Hard still feels doable but if I'm being honest, what I like most about the game so far is the non-combat stuff. Once I'm super juiced up on space drugs with twin gatlings or whatever I'll bump it back up. Hopefully it's a fun difficulty scaling and not just making everything a hit sponge.

Still feel adrift since I haven't found a good shotgun or battle rifle, a combination that is basically all I'll ever need

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I also haven't been able to find a way to turn off Beto Mode to stop all the NPCs I talk to from standing on tables before they'll talk to me

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Epic High Five posted:

I also haven't been able to find a way to turn off Beto Mode to stop all the NPCs I talk to from standing on tables before they'll talk to me
bethesda mode ftw

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
given the relative ages of Beto and Morrowind, we have to consider that that's where he learned the move from

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Epic High Five posted:

Okay, constantly switching gravity combined with my being below average at best using a controller for FPS stuff has me bringing it down to normal. Very Hard still feels doable but if I'm being honest, what I like most about the game so far is the non-combat stuff. Once I'm super juiced up on space drugs with twin gatlings or whatever I'll bump it back up. Hopefully it's a fun difficulty scaling and not just making everything a hit sponge.

Still feel adrift since I haven't found a good shotgun or battle rifle, a combination that is basically all I'll ever need
there's a mid-high end semi auto aa-99 for sale in the weapons shop in the residential district of new atlantis, it costs like 30000 buckazoids but it's worth every credit

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

If anyone is looking for a good Starborn, I would strongly suggest that you don't retain the services of The Emissary!

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

starfield treats islamist varuun heretic literature the same as smuggled human organs and xenowarfare tech lol

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

gradenko_2000 posted:

I know everyone is playing Starfield right now (because it's the best 10/10 GOTY all years) but as the resident GeForce Now shill I have to inform you that the integration with Xbox Game Pass continues apace:

A Plague Tale Requiem, Atomic Heart, Hardspace Shipbreaker, Insurgency Sandstorm, Shadowrun Hong Kong, and motherfuckin' Snowrunner, which are all on Game Pass, can now be played on GFN via Game Pass

actually starfield sucks and there aren't bespoke pussy eating animations.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
just landed a 223 meter shot into an enemy sniper's nuts. The shot was so long I had to arc it over a tin roof

goddamn this game rules

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

I tried it again but starfield still seems really boring.
I tried to join the pirates for some fun but theyr also just kinda dull people and they want you to fast travel back and forth and then walk around listening to them talk and give you a tour of the cantina for a hour

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Lpzie posted:

think ur so tough? land on toliman ii

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

gradenko_2000 posted:

just landed a 223 meter shot into an enemy sniper's nuts. The shot was so long I had to arc it over a tin roof

goddamn this game rules

:hai:

gotta replay it one of these days

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

They fixed multiplayer?!

I loving loved Titanfall 2’s singleplayer but I got into the game too late after a disgruntled gamer ddosed all of the servers (???).

The online mode I could play, with waves of AI, ruled.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
wow the big UC hard decision guy was an insane war criminal. Who would have thunk.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
Bethesda games have never interested me post-morrowind, especially after playing oblivion for 5 minutes, but im glad people are enjoying starfield

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
omg the Adoring Fan is BACK. classic bethesda.

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

Xaris posted:

holy poo poo it's been 7 years since Titanfall 2 came out? god drat

7 years and “Effect and Cause” is still the greatest FPS level humans minds have ever conceived

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
I never played Fallout 4, starfield is the first game for me where NPCs actually acknowledge companions, was really taken aback after Andreja's usually :shobon: interjection the other guy said "Lady, who the gently caress are you anyway?"

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Red Baron posted:

7 years and “Effect and Cause” is still the greatest FPS level humans minds have ever conceived

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CnnknQkEkis&pp=ygUoVmlkZW8gZXNzYXkgdGl0YW5mYWxsIDIgY2F1c2UgYW5kIGVmZmVjdA%3D%3D

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

love the crusty vet bar tender on The Den, sure ill go paper New Atlantis with posters of your war criminal hero, anything for you bud. that guy is definitely into pow/mia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

gently caress yeah