Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Jen X posted:

Lions Bitch???

Lions, Bitch!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

IcePhoenix posted:

When was the last time the Lions were in sole posession of first place

2011 I think

e; no, never mind, I'm a bad Packers fan, that was the year the Packers were undefeated until the Chiefs. Lions opened 5-0 that season

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
The Lions beating a HOF QB and traditional powerhouse on the road, on national television? Again? Same old Lions

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://twitter.com/amonra_stbrown/status/1699991073764843785?s=20

https://twitter.com/CGJXXIII/status/1699990875311427728?s=20

https://twitter.com/Lions/status/1699992601594679580?s=20

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

drat even CJGJ saw HootTheOwl's post

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Also it's really funny to me to sign with a team and immediately go "THIS PLACE DOESN'T SUCK rear end ANYMORE! NEW ENERGY WITH ME HERE, NO MORE LOSER poo poo LIKE YOU'RE USED TO"

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Brad just give CJGJ what he wants.

PowderKeg
Apr 5, 2003
For your defense

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Won't lie, was half still expecting Lions to somehow fumble away the kneeldown at the end. Detroit has like 50 years of innovating new and exciting ways to absolutely crush fans hearts, after all

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Lions win even with the refs letting that tackle do whatever the gently caress he wanted all game.

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

IcePhoenix posted:

When was the last time the Lions were in SOL posession of first place

Lions just need their opponents to drop every single pass going forward and they're a lock for 17-0

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
I've seen the Lions play this game a dozen times before and almost every time Kansas City beats them on a walk-off touchdown.

god drat

god drat

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

mercenarynuker posted:

Won't lie, was half still expecting Lions to somehow fumble away the kneeldown at the end. Detroit has like 50 years of innovating new and exciting ways to absolutely crush fans hearts, after all

Phillip rivers did it, so the Lions cant lose in a way that has already been bungled.

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!
The roar has been restored.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
my old man poured us a shot with 7:30ish mins on the clock and said "we got this".

i was so mad at that action, but he has no confidence in the team and every year he apologizes for making me a fan of the team.

somehow, it worked out.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Old Man Owns

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

cackling thinking about how the literal chicago bears where wide receivers go to die might have receivers than the offensive juggernaut super bowl champions.

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
Happy for you Lions fans, I will enjoy tonight as I prepare for the Bears to get dusted on Sunday

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Niwrad posted:

Lions win even with the refs letting that tackle do whatever the gently caress he wanted all game.

The refs waiting until 4th and 20 at the dead rear end end of the game to finally call anything on him was a great punchline though.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i still think the lions should have eaten five yards and just had their entire line line up behind the line of scrimmage, dance around, and then hop backwards a half second before the ball is snapped in order to make a point.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

I don't think they could have closed out the game with an offensive penalty though.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Lions fans I highly recommend listening to Ain't Nobody by Chaka Khan to celebrate this victory. It feels great.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
they're only going to break my heart again. i was free for years.. god dammit...

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

MJeff posted:

Lions fans I highly recommend listening to Ain't Nobody by Chaka Khan to celebrate this victory. It feels great.

FACT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNirQXe8HOA

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Lady Radia posted:

they're only going to break my heart again. i was free for years.. god dammit...

Regular soul crushing losses just don't have that same weight anymore. Gotta feed em a little hope, let them rise a bit before bringing them crashing back down into abject misery. Bottle up some of that good suffering so you can marinate your steak in it later.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/Lions/status/1700009456484945979?s=20

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Mood:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

What a lovely first tattoo even if his dream came true lol

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/Lions/status/1700040943838069136?s=20

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

Woke up and just finished the game.

Well.

loving hell.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Congrats Lions fans. Since my expectations for the bears are relatively low, I知 hoping you guys kill it this year.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
It was very Matt Nagy to have designed the entire Chiefs offense around having a guy line up illegally every play.
... And unlike with the Bears he got away with it the whole game.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

I知 not gonna say I hate the Chiefs because Mahomes and Reid are pretty cool, but Tom Brady just retired I知 not ready for another dynasty to win everything again yet

So what I知 saying is, Lions bitch

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Not going to read too much into last night's game, but drat is it sweet to come out that game with a win. What is this team that wins consecutive* road primetime games?

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.
Love to see it.

But Hutch is going to ruin the Bears shiny new tackle, isn稚 he?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

T-Square posted:

I知 not gonna say I hate the Chiefs because Mahomes and Reid are pretty cool, but Tom Brady just retired I知 not ready for another dynasty to win everything again yet

So what I知 saying is, Lions bitch

I think Mahomes is the most fun player to watch, maybe ever and I love Andy Reid. I do really, really, really want Mahomes and Reid to surpass all of Brady and Belichik's records because I just think they're so much cooler and more fun and better for the game.

But heeeeey, they don't gotta do it all at once! Maybe the Lions can sneak in and get a ring in there somewhere too. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apples McGrind
Oct 13, 2013