Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Pat trying to explain Bethesda games to woolie is funny/frustrating. I wish he would just use the word "generic". They have a general, broad appeal to any and all aspects of their settings and genre. Nothing hard hitting or thought provoking, but consistently satisfying if you have suitable expectations. And I get that the appeal of the podcast is that these two have their specific foibles, but come on. Use a milligram of critical thinking and devise a way to actually explain it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

"Most of the people I know haven't played Skyrim"

"I am willing to bet you you're wrong."

"My uncle hasn't."

"YOU'RE BASING THIS CLAIM OFF YOUR UNCLE !?"

"Well I don't really know if he has or not."

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!
Pat redeemed himself with that final quip.

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

The eating section of the podcast was driving me up the wall I ended up having to skip past it. The 8-12 glasses of water thing was just a number someone pulled out of their rear end 80 years ago and you should just drink when you're thirsty if you aren't doing a strenuous activity, and eating one meal a day is just intermittent fasting and totally healthy.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

*Walking up to the people talking about their eating disorders* I do not have this problem, goodbye.

They specifically said that "eat/drink when you're hungry/thirsty" does not work for them and led to unhealthy habits.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
I am concerned for the general health of pat's large intestine and colon if he never knows when he has to poo poo until it's almost too late.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I mean, we are talking about the man who accidentally gave himself gout. This is par for the course.

choopercabra
Aug 8, 2006

a_gelatinous_cube posted:

The eating section of the podcast was driving me up the wall I ended up having to skip past it. The 8-12 glasses of water thing was just a number someone pulled out of their rear end 80 years ago and you should just drink when you're thirsty if you aren't doing a strenuous activity, and eating one meal a day is just intermittent fasting and totally healthy.

The whole time they were bringing that up I kept wondering "what size glass?"

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

and eating one meal a day is just intermittent fasting and totally healthy.

...is this sarcasm?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

one meal a day is just intermittent fasting and totally healthy.

Oh this person is dumb.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
Only drinking when thirsty is basic medical advice, too much in too short a time can gently caress you up, even kill you. Like if Pat tried to drink 4 liters all at once as he mentioned wanting to do he could end up in the hospital.

The other things Pat mentioned about feeling hungry, thirsty, and not knowing if he needs to poop until it's almost too late sounded super off. Like I'm a big trash fire myself but that stuff isn't binary, although I could see this being more widespread and it just doesn't come up in conversation much I guess.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Not realizing you're hungry or thirsty until your body is literally screaming at you and you feel like you're dying is a pretty common byproduct of all sorts of neurodivergent behavior (and if not them, the medications to treat said neurodivergences often gently caress with them as a side effect)

The not realizing you need to poop until it's almost too late is definitely something I have never experienced without being sick in some way, though.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Please don't casually gloss over how both Pat and Woolie have recently and publicly reorganized their eating and lifestyle habits, resulting in visible weight loss for both of them. A big part of that conversation was "telling people 'just eat when you're hungry and drink when you're thirsty' is terrible life advice, and I know that for certain because I did it for 30 years and that's how I got fat".

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Yeah, like, I think many people can ballpark how much to eat/drink/sleep/poo poo based on feeling and common knowledge, but Pat and Woolie explain that their bodies didn't really express those needs at a good pace and that trying to do it that way was a part of their health issues. Pat's thing of not feeling hunger at all until he was absolutely starving is not something I had heard before, but does match the experience people in the spectrum I know have with eating disorders.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
podcasters don't poop until later in life so they aren't as used to it

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
To be entirely fair, I rarely feel hunger pangs, and when asked if I'm hungry I check my watch instead.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I only realize I need to poop when I have the urge to post itt

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
It's once in a blue moon but I've definitely had days where I'll have a decent lunch and I'll coast until like....drat near 9pm before I start to feel hungry again. Not even a large lunch! It's a rare thing, though. I've always chalked it up to stress.

SetsunaMeioh
Sep 28, 2007
Mistress of the Night
Pat's issues with feeling the need to eat/drink made sense to me because he's describing having poor interoception, which is a noticeable trait in neurodivergent people. I go through that too as an Autistic/ADHD person.

Coquito Ergo Sum
Feb 9, 2021

I'm kind of tired of being made to feel like I'm supposed to hate Bethesda games. They have their problems no doubt, but every time I reinstall Skyrim or Fallout 3/4, I'm guaranteed to put another 100 hours into the game, and I almost never mod them. They're just the best "unwind after a stressful day at work" games for me.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
That's nice but I don't care. You hate these games and you're gonna feel that way.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Oh is that a thing? I’ve always had a version of that but never knew it had a name. I’ve gotten better about it over the years but to this day “tired/sleepy” don’t properly link up in my brain. I’ll more often than not straight up pass out in bed instead of falling asleep on purpose. Makes naps drat near impossible too. I suspect that happened while listening to the podcast as I don’t remember the conversation you all mentioned at all; just some chalk talk.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Lol I'm watching the Armored Core youtube uploads and Woolie just clapped the AC Tester pilot, ending his aspirations of being the main character in a mecha anime.

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

the new BG3 episode is peak Woolie. maybe Pat should have stuck around for a little bit longer

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.
Oddly I'm really digging it. I think it being co-op is helping a lot even though it's still real slow.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufdretv3AiI

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009

mistermojo posted:

the new BG3 episode is peak Woolie. maybe Pat should have stuck around for a little bit longer

Pontificating for 20 minutes on the nature of the trapped sarcophagus and then leaving without doing anything was some primo Woolie Content

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
did you make this? it rules

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

Amazing, especially the last 3 seconds

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Perfect Potato posted:

Pontificating for 20 minutes on the nature of the trapped sarcophagus and then leaving without doing anything was some primo Woolie Content

This is the poo poo that creates Woolie's most nightmarish LPs

e: actually the worst is still probably Yakuza 0, where we got the combination of Woolie's Half Baked Political Theory and Woolie's Half Baked Takes On Other Countries

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.
On the one hand yes, but on the other hand they didn't have any trap tools to disarm anything, so they kinda had to leave. Granted maybe they were fine after pushing the button, I'm not sure myself if that does anything before the trap is sprung.

I think I'm fine with how it's going because they're figuring it out, albeit slowly, instead of just making an incorrect assumption immediately and running with it forever like Woolie usually does. Maybe it's because I'm a DM and watching new players get into it is fun to me.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Yeah, I know Woolie is super unfamiliar with this kind of game, so I expect a slow and steady pace. I also kind of enjoy watching Woolie figure stuff out and finding weird solutions to stuff. It’s what made the ff6 playthrough fun.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
I think Woolie harmlessly bumbling through something is fun and funny. Seeing him encounter Dungeons & Dragons-isms for the first time outside of reading Dragonlance novels amuses me. Pat I find more befuddling. I've only watched up through the first 3 or 4 sessions of Pat's BG3 stream, but him never positioning party members properly so that Astarion can sneak attack or popping Karlach's rage after she's attacked is more :psyduck:. Still funny but man... he was the one showing Woolie the ropes lol.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Yeah, Pat has never before erroneously taught his friends how to play incorrectly because of his own mind goblins!

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Monathin posted:

Yeah, Pat has never before erroneously taught his friends how to play incorrectly because of his own mind goblins!

He told Woolie to drop his shield.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I would love to see woolie actually try to beat outer wilds since that whole game is piecing together the story thru your investigations/curiosity scattered all thruout the solar system with absolutely zero ui guidance/tutorialization whatsoever

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

No podcast this week

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Bummer but I get it. Those first few months take a toll.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
My thoughts with Pat as he becomes a walking piss and poop transporter, devoid of thought, chaining one parental action to the next.

Okay, it's not that bad but lmao I took 3 months off from my job to make those first few months sane

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

https://twitter.com/GetGianni/status/1701565534750269735?s=20