Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Legendary Ptarmigan
Sep 21, 2007

Need a light?
I really hope there's an upgrade sprue with breacher shields for the new Mark III guys coming down the pipeline. It's the item that might make me finally push "go" on my long-delayed Inperial Fist project.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

You look tired. Maybe you should stop posting.
The wings on that resin Fulgrim are going to break super easily for sure

with a rebel yell she QQd
Jan 18, 2007

Villain

I am taking part in Darren Latham's 90s marine challenge, but as I play 30k and not 40k, I had to do some slight modifications to the original miniature to make the Mark 7 into Mark 5 power armor.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

with a rebel yell she QQd posted:

I am taking part in Darren Latham's 90s marine challenge, but as I play 30k and not 40k, I had to do some slight modifications to the original miniature to make the Mark 7 into Mark 5 power armor.

I love this

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/09/07/heresy-thursday-the-most-exemplary-battles-of-all-come-to-print/

Boo!
Five updated examplary battles, one new one, rules for Snakegrim and particularly hosed-up EC.

Not the greatest book or precedent

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Aww man, boo indeed.

I was convinced Snakegrim meant the Siege books were six months away.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
What the hell are you doing GW? Just release the bad guys book and some more actual infantry models.

Major Spag
Nov 4, 2012
Heresy takes many forms. All of which need to be bonked.

My take on Blood Angel Inductii Despoilers.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Those are really great

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Major Spag posted:

Heresy takes many forms. All of which need to be bonked.

My take on Blood Angel Inductii Despoilers.

Hell yeah. Your BA are always great and you're always making progress on something. Hopefully this unit lets you cut loose a little. The psycho cannibal angle is a fun one even if their rules aren't great.

JcDent posted:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/09/07/heresy-thursday-the-most-exemplary-battles-of-all-come-to-print/

Boo!
Five updated examplary battles, one new one, rules for Snakegrim and particularly hosed-up EC.

Not the greatest book or precedent
I'm actually pretty excited about these. It'll be nice to get these rules in print and this should give them an opportunity to expand on the fluff a bit with color panels, maps, etc. I am totally down for the painting/converting sections too.

My only hope is that DA get something a bit more exciting than inner circle knights painted white. :geno: I want to convert.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Rules in books is the only way they're legal. PDF's? Online articles? Nonsense.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
I do wonder if they other Exemplary Battles will be collected too. I've wanted Morlock Terminators since the Fulgrim novel came out and it's nice that they finally got some rules acknowledgement with that one battle.

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

ijyt posted:

What's funny is the official rule is the exact opposite of this. The bit of text that calls out the difference between book units and secondary source units explicitly declares both legal for play in all battles.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Improbable Lobster posted:

I do wonder if they other Exemplary Battles will be collected too. I've wanted Morlock Terminators since the Fulgrim novel came out and it's nice that they finally got some rules acknowledgement with that one battle.
I feel like it's pretty much guaranteed at this point. This book is even labeled as Volume One. It'll be interesting to see what else they add though if this is anything to go by. We're getting a new Salamanders unit along with all of the Emperor's Children stuff.

ijyt posted:

:hmmyes:

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Box deredeo underway. I've had these autocannons lying around for almost a decade, and I've kept meaning to build a tall boxnaught conversion eventually, I just never got around to it. Well, first the old Sentinel kit went away - managed to grab a box from my LGS before they all disappeared. Then the Ironclad went away a few days before I was going to buy one, so the model's overly ornate and I need to figure out a new way to model the Boreas missiles. But hey, he's alive. He's the right size and will have all the right weapons.

Now I really need to figure out what to use as leg armor, because that's very bare...

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.

ijyt posted:

:yeah:

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

SkyeAuroline posted:

Box deredeo underway. I've had these autocannons lying around for almost a decade, and I've kept meaning to build a tall boxnaught conversion eventually, I just never got around to it. Well, first the old Sentinel kit went away - managed to grab a box from my LGS before they all disappeared. Then the Ironclad went away a few days before I was going to buy one, so the model's overly ornate and I need to figure out a new way to model the Boreas missiles. But hey, he's alive. He's the right size and will have all the right weapons.

Now I really need to figure out what to use as leg armor, because that's very bare...

That's a good leggy boi.

Endman
May 18, 2010

SkyeAuroline posted:

That’s hilarious and I love it

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Well, it's only tabletop sim because of physical distance, but gotten a few friends to start playing as well. Useful for getting some practice in amd seeing how options work out. I've been playing IH instead of my usual IW or upcoming Militia, with mixed effect - mostly because my most frequent opponent keeps stumbling across all the power options for admech, lol. Still neat to see everything in action, and at least TTS means we'd be able to play larger games than regular models and tables allow.
Anyone else getting games in recently?

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

SkyeAuroline posted:

Well, it's only tabletop sim because of physical distance, but gotten a few friends to start playing as well. Useful for getting some practice in amd seeing how options work out. I've been playing IH instead of my usual IW or upcoming Militia, with mixed effect - mostly because my most frequent opponent keeps stumbling across all the power options for admech, lol. Still neat to see everything in action, and at least TTS means we'd be able to play larger games than regular models and tables allow.

Got any recommended mods to do that over TTS? Would love to use it to trial run legions and lists before committing hours of work! Just haven't been able to find complete model sets for TTS, though I've not looked for at least a year.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Just laid out some crisp new MK VI sprues on my hobby table for when I get home from work today. LVO prep begins.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

ijyt posted:

Got any recommended mods to do that over TTS? Would love to use it to trial run legions and lists before committing hours of work! Just haven't been able to find complete model sets for TTS, though I've not looked for at least a year.

The Battleforged model set has almost everything for 30k, it's just missing (that I've found so far) standard bikes & the Salamanders unique units.

Maps have been a lot harder to find.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

SkyeAuroline posted:

Some other goons and I were actually just at the NOVA Open over Labor Day weekend. I got in three centurion games at 1500, two ZM games, and three Titanicus games at 2000. Plus some Warcry on the side. The event is pretty well run and there are a ton of options for 30k, even including weird offshoots like a custom skirmish game, Battlefleet Heresy, and 28mm Titanicus. My one complaint is that whoever was running the centurion and ZM events really liked their wacky scenarios and they didn't feel playtested. Hopefully they take some feedback on that. Still, a great event and I really recommend it for anyone in the area or who can make the trip. The 30k crowd is very chill and folks hang out in the hall every night for pick up games or just to bullshit. I'm definitely looking forward to next year with the addition of Legions Imperialis. I already have all the knights and titans I'd need so it'll be all about tiny Dark Angels.

NOVA has shifted to a new venue (and I think management?) and that brought some changes to the event as a whole. There used to be a central NOVA charity lounge everyone would hang out at, but that was gone. I really missed it and I think everyone else did too. It made meeting up with other groups less likely which took some of the energy away. Not a deal breaker by any means, but something I hope they change next year.

There is a pretty active local community where I live, but I haven't been able to engage with it much. I moved to Atlanta less than a year ago for work so it took some time before I was ready to look into things. Unfortunately, they tend to meet on Sundays and I've been working a lot of weekends. I went to a game day back in like late April and then never returned. The project I'm on should be calming down soon so I'll give it another shot.

And other than that, I've got LVO to prep for. :shepface:

JcDent
May 13, 2013

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/09/12/legions-imperialis-terrain-how-the-battlefield-shapes-your-games/

I'm pissing, shidding and crying at the reveal that tacs are gonna be 5+ saves. Sure, maybe doesn't mean much in isolation, but a d6 already doesn't give much space for granularity. Are SAux gonna be 6+ or -? Are dudes that have 5+ in normal 30K gonna be - and the same for 6+ and no armor save guys? Granted, that doesn't matter if they don't have plans for Army/Cults, but still.

I guess I forgot that Imperium Dominatus (nee Space Marine) also has 5+ Tacs. Just expected Epic's 4+.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

New traitor Champion and it's imo the best of the 2.0 character models by a long shot.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I love this beefy boy and will be de-traitorizing him. The loyalist champion was fine, but this is more my speed.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I've not seen that three-tailed circle before, is that something?

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

moths posted:

I've not seen that three-tailed circle before, is that something?

It's a cool looking circle

moths
Aug 25, 2004

It is, but does he need nine of them?

GhastlyBizness
Sep 10, 2016

seashells by the sea shorpheus
There’s something about the gorget plating that makes it look like a 3rd party mini, like a Kromlech sculpt

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]
I like that so much better than the loyalist one.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

GhastlyBizness posted:

There’s something about the gorget plating that makes it look like a 3rd party mini, like a Kromlech sculpt

It's called "too much detail"

Stephenls posted:

I like that so much better than the loyalist one.

It's called being a traitor probably because this one is a lot less 40k-looking.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
I really like the up-armoured backpack

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.
I appreciate the fact that they used crotch plating to increase his neck protection.

Also that his scabbard/holster setup means he's cross-drawing like an idiot.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Round 2 of Space Wolves heads, plus a praetor for them. All looks good to me. Amazing how the heads were so hated they rolled out a replacement already.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The space wolf range has been cursed since its launch with book 7. Upside down bolters, banana fur, Fat Bastard, etc., etc. The deathsworn are great though.

The awuuuuu wolf hats were dumb, but also really funny and they should have kept them around.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Fat Bastard owns

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

You look tired. Maybe you should stop posting.
Rest in peace doggy heads, you were too good for this sinful earth

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
drat I really liked the doggy heads

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhastlyBizness
Sep 10, 2016

seashells by the sea shorpheus
These beat the hell out of the wolf heads but that’s a pretty low bar. Here the jaw-vents are a bit goofy and 2/3 of the headcrests look sort of like silly little hats. These mk6 heads have been really hit or miss overall.

Rad praetor though, love the runic/Norse version of the aquila on the banner and chestplate. The edging on the shin panels gives it a kind of Scribor vibe but tbh if that works anywhere, it’s on SW.