Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009
The ice cold expression when she made the brother split in half was also cool and good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
The conversation with Yuji that followed that had a lot of heart and put it into some context, though. In fact I'd say it was kind of the thematic capstone of the first series. These are people thrust into mind-bending and life-threatening experiences, and you have to decide who you care for and exactly what you'll do to care for them. Most of the time, though, you get no time at all to decide. So you harden your heart, put on a crazy face, and do what needs to be done. "You don't have to be crazy to work here... but it helps!"

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Apprentice Dick posted:

The ice cold expression when she made the brother split in half was also cool and good.

The twisted grin she gave right before she started jabbing nails into her own arm :stonk:

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Girls just wanna have fun, is that A CRIME now

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
:getin:

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Girls just wanna have fun, is that A CRIME now

If I was a Jujutsu Sorcerer, I would simply live in the first cour ED.

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

The sonic music in that whole scene :discourse:

utamaru
Mar 8, 2008

BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP
JJK is back baby. I've rewatched it a few times and I do love it but ngl Mix is anime of the year.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The soundtrack for Hidden Inventory is up on youtube and spotify (it kicks rear end)

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_mEOJkEjPLeawTGGFJO6lSJmzPssRPYEaE

https://open.spotify.com/album/424VbV36QwCVDqvv8nERO4?si=_sZRtVwJTpyjyHjKOF86gw&context=spotify%3Aalbum%3A424VbV36QwCVDqvv8nERO4

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
Trailer for Shibuya Incident arc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKHQuQF1S8k

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Man this is gonna hit so loving hard that looks like they are going all out animation wise.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
Opening out on Youtube!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yb2N3pnztU

it's pretty awesome

Edit: replaced twitter upload with official youtube upload

ending too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fR0tqhqM7Yg

RubberLuffy fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Aug 31, 2023

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017
Episode was pretty cool with the comedy antics at the start and rad fight at the end. I did miss the ragtag band of misfits, the prequel arc did left me bittersweet by the cool action but rear end in a top hat gojo to listen to.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

drat thats so loving sick

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

Jerkface posted:

drat thats so loving sick

I adore this kind of opening and have been watching it on repeat to try to piece things together. Art style is sick too.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I also love the OP tons of cool little symbolism.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
episode was good, didn't expect the giant robot

Cedilla
Jul 24, 2020
The scene in the restaurant was cute. I missed the three dorks, especially Nobara. I enjoyed how seriously she took Ozawa's goal.

I didn't expect the mecha. As a programmer, it seems unrealistic that the robot would work on the first try, but I guess he's had enough time. Anyone know the meaning of the text onscreen when the robot appeared?

While writing this reply I got mildly spoiled for the Shibuya arc by something as insignificant as the search engine result blurb for Nobara. It'll be a long week...

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

the episode was good

jjk's comedy i find misses like 80% of the time but the beats in this episode were fairly good, and of course the fight was fun and i want the next episode

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Cedilla posted:

The scene in the restaurant was cute. I missed the three dorks, especially Nobara. I enjoyed how seriously she took Ozawa's goal.

I didn't expect the mecha. As a programmer, it seems unrealistic that the robot would work on the first try, but I guess he's had enough time. Anyone know the meaning of the text onscreen when the robot appeared?

While writing this reply I got mildly spoiled for the Shibuya arc by something as insignificant as the search engine result blurb for Nobara. It'll be a long week...

It's not an actual robot as much as a puppet he controls with his technique.

It's called Ultimate Mechamaru - Mode: Absolute and it's a prototype he has worked on for years fueled by his entire life to that points Cursed Energy.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

i'm gonna be upset if he just jobs and dies

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

BRB gotta go watch wormman 1-3

Firstscion
Apr 11, 2008

Born Lucky

Nah you can just jump in at 4

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

RillAkBea posted:

BRB gotta go watch wormman 1-3

It’s Human Earthworm!!

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Human Earthworm was much more Toxic Avenger and much less Human Centipede than I was expecting.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
I remember Human Earthworm 3 hewing a bit closer to The Human Centipede. The bit in the trailer for 4 where all the little human earthworm babies come crawling out of the woodwork was pretty freaky.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Just got finished watching the most recent episode. All the little faces Nobara and Megumi made were hilarious.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
drat I really enjoyed this episode of Neon Genesis Evangelion.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

X-Ray Pecs posted:

drat I really enjoyed this episode of Neon Genesis Evangelion.

they really had fun squeezing as many mecha references as they could into the time they had

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

I didn't get a whole lot out of the last episode, but it says something about the show that I know the cast is going to be winnowed down in this arc but I honestly can't tell how many or who they will be.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

it was a very fun fight. i'm sad that robot guy seems to be dead, i liked him

Cedilla
Jul 24, 2020
Of course he was going to lose, he had to for the plot, but it's neat how the episode made me think, even briefly, that it was legitimately close and that he had a fair chance of winning. Very well-animated too, of course.

Also, Ino's explanation for cell phone signals not going through the veil made didn't make much sense to me. Veil "effects" can only affect things with cursed energy. So I was expecting him to say cell phone signals wouldn't be affected because they don't have cursed energy. However, he says veils block cell phone signals, which means they have cursed energy somehow? Then he says "you can't actually integrate the surrounding signal into a veil's barrier", which vaguely tracks with the first part of his explanation but sure doesn't sound like a reason they could be blocked? Maybe something substantial was lost in translation?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Cedilla posted:

Of course he was going to lose, he had to for the plot, but it's neat how the episode made me think, even briefly, that it was legitimately close and that he had a fair chance of winning. Very well-animated too, of course.

Also, Ino's explanation for cell phone signals not going through the veil made didn't make much sense to me. Veil "effects" can only affect things with cursed energy. So I was expecting him to say cell phone signals wouldn't be affected because they don't have cursed energy. However, he says veils block cell phone signals, which means they have cursed energy somehow? Then he says "you can't actually integrate the surrounding signal into a veil's barrier", which vaguely tracks with the first part of his explanation but sure doesn't sound like a reason they could be blocked? Maybe something substantial was lost in translation?

He's just saying veil's blocking signals is just a side effect, it's not something that can be built into a veil's conditions, because veil conditions can only be tuned around Cursed Energy.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Sep 9, 2023

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

I'm just bummed that we're not gonna get more Jujutsu Gundam scenes. that robot is fucken sick.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

he was lame anyways

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
It's an interesting subplot idea somewhat undermined by the fact that with his abilities there's like a million ways he could have clued in Gojo in a more foolproof manner.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
But Miwa is gonna be sad, you heartless fucks. :colbert:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
The bit where he was transforming while running through the forest was pretty amazing

Sindai fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Sep 10, 2023

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

I like Miwa a lot. Iaido salarywoman owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Captain Oblivious posted:

It's an interesting subplot idea somewhat undermined by the fact that with his abilities there's like a million ways he could have clued in Gojo in a more foolproof manner.

Yeah, that bothered me a lot. He knows those two are coming, he knows they will try to kill him after the contract is fulfilled, he knows that defeating them by himself is a longshot and that true victory condition is getting the the information to Gojo and he is aware that veils exist and that they will cut off his ability to contact the outside once placed, which is something they will almost certainly do, considering his particular skillset. And yet, with all that information, more than enough time to prepare and his ability to place and control puppets anywhere in Japan, his entire plan ends up being "hopefully, I'll be able to smash them with my giant robot. Also lets ignore the fact that at least one of them is literally unsmashable and I will have only 5 shots to deal damage to him, which is something I know in advance"? Like, for a shonen that prides itself on smart fighting, planning and use of tactics, that whole battle was mindbogglingly stupid.