Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MediaPlayerClassic
Aug 24, 2012
/depressed jon bois voice:

Congratulations to the Detroit Lions, winners of Super Bowl LVII. This is their first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Seafood Guy
Oct 8, 2008
It’s wild to think that if the playoffs started today, Detroit would be the number one seed and the Chiefs would be out

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

If yesterday's game was the Super Bowl the Lions would win the Super Bowl and the Chiefs would lose it

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

GNU Order posted:

If yesterday's game was the Super Bowl the Lions would win the Super Bowl and the Chiefs would lose it

Magic is that you?

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

MediaPlayerClassic posted:

/depressed jon bois voice:

Congratulations to the Detroit Lions, winners of Super Bowl LVII. This is their first.

I don't know how anyone could be sad about Detroit winning a super bowl, even in the context of a Vikings Video Essay

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

https://twitter.com/jgill734/status/1700107209412133237?s=20

Apples McGrind
Oct 13, 2013

The Detroit Lions are 9 of their last 11.

Never forget.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
I was really impressed with the Lions run D last night, especially since they sat two of their big run stuffing DTs. Pass defense needs a little work still, but there are a lot of young players back there, so they should improve.

Offense seemed to be outsmarting themselves a bit, not trusting the run as much as they should. Either way, I didn't think they'd win and they did. That's awesome.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I missed this play while watching last night. That's a crazy effort to break up the pass.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

St. Brown is always open.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

R.D. Mangles posted:

St. Brown is always open.

Pretty much, Goff just sometimes waits too long, since St. Brown isn't the fastest guy in the world DBs can catch up if Goff hesitates.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Watson not practicing again. All but certain he's not playing Sunday. Going to be the Doubs/Musgrave/Jones show. Maybe Malik Heath will get a moment.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Forrest on Fire posted:

I don't know how anyone could be sad about Detroit winning a super bowl, even in the context of a Vikings Video Essay

In the context of a Vikings Video Essay it would be incredibly depressing

T-Square
May 14, 2009

SKULL.GIF posted:

Watson not practicing again. All but certain he's not playing Sunday. Going to be the Doubs/Musgrave/Jones show. Maybe Malik Heath will get a moment.

What’s up with Reed is he not going to get any snaps if someone’s out?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

SKULL.GIF posted:

He will start and gain 200 yards receiving.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

T-Square posted:

What’s up with Reed is he not going to get any snaps if someone’s out?

Reed's playing the slot, it looks like Heath will be Watson's replacement on the outside. The Packers also like running 12 and 21 sets, so not as many opportunities for a slot receiver to get snaps.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

R.D. Mangles posted:

He will start and gain 200 yards receiving.

That's what my fantasy team is relying on!

Draft players on teams you hate as an emotional insurance policy :hmmyes:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/AdamHoge/status/1700212024553164993

Eberflus is holding back the greatness of Bagent.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

SKULL.GIF posted:

Reed's playing the slot, it looks like Heath will be Watson's replacement on the outside. The Packers also like running 12 and 21 sets, so not as many opportunities for a slot receiver to get snaps.

I will be interested to see how this changes given the roster makeup now. I would expect more 11 sets that sometimes morph to 10 with Musgrave splitting out at times. They don’t really have any blocking tight ends on the roster and if they do put two out there, I would expect more often than not to see an extra offensive lineman out there instead of someone like Kraft who doesn’t look quite ready yet or Deguara who really should be ST only rather than out there on offense when you could have guys like Reed out there instead.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/BearsPR/status/1700209285358043439

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

MacheteZombie posted:

Lions still have to play against the refs

I appreciate how this turned out to be both true and helpful to the Lions

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Packers injury report:

Out: WR Christian Watson (hamstring).

Questionable: WR Romeo Doubs (hamstring)

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Dexo posted:

https://twitter.com/AdamHoge/status/1700212024553164993

Eberflus is holding back the greatness of Bagent.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
https://twitter.com/wxyzdetroit/status/1700136539404005708?t=4mORgQ-Whs9B2VsU61WSqQ&s=19

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019
Nate Davis seems a little young to be slow rollin his way into the reg season like he is.

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

The entire organisation must be BUZZING.

I know people have been talking up the Lions for a bit but what a way to set up your season by winning in Arrowhead. It feels like a genuine transition between last seasons pat on the head and whatever the team can go and do for itself this year.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Bumhead posted:

The entire organisation must be BUZZING.

I know people have been talking up the Lions for a bit but what a way to set up your season by winning in Arrowhead. It feels like a genuine transition between last seasons pat on the head and whatever the team can go and do for itself this year.

I can't stop listening to postgame analyses of the game, I know it's too soon to get too hyped up but it's so awesome hearing people say nice things about my favorite NFL team.

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.
Nah, enjoy it. No time like the present.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

quote:

The Lions (6-2) have established themselves as a legitimate contender in the NFC and perhaps the surprise team in the entire league at the midway point of their season. They are one game behind Green Bay (7-1) in the NFC North.

“This is real,” defensive tackle Cory Redding said. “This is a different team. It’s not the same-old Lions anymore.”

https://www.vaildaily.com/sports/lions-blow-out-broncos/

It has happened before, it will happen again. "this time its different" has been said many many times.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

ZombieCrew posted:

Nate Davis seems a little young to be slow rollin his way into the reg season like he is.

Legitimately do not care about veteran players not practicing or whatever.

If he sucks he sucks, if he's good he's good. Not like he's a rookie.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

WoodrowSkillson posted:

It has happened before, it will happen again. "this time its different" has been said many many times.

What a dour loving perspective.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Yeah that Eoyre man is quite the grump

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

YOLOsubmarine posted:

being the worst sports franchise in North America is inherently dour

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

ZombieCrew posted:

The whole thing with him is weird. Doesn't sound injury related but they are vague about "personal reasons". There was that Twitter account that claimed it was an issue he had with the coaching staff but who knows.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

YOLOsubmarine posted:

SOL Lions fans are somewhere below bacteria in terms of intelligence.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Niwrad posted:

The whole thing with him is weird. Doesn't sound injury related but they are vague about "personal reasons". There was that Twitter account that claimed it was an issue he had with the coaching staff but who knows.

That account just bullshits fanfiction lol

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Dexo posted:

Legitimately do not care about veteran players not practicing or whatever.

If he sucks he sucks, if he's good he's good. Not like he's a rookie.

This is where I'm at.

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I find it funny that people keep trying to tell the kicked puppy dog that he isn't going to be kicked anymore and are surprised when he doesn't believe them.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Dexo posted:

That account just bullshits fanfiction lol

Yeah it seemed total BS but there is still something weird going on behind the scenes with Jones. Reminds me a bit of Jenkins last year.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/CassieCarlsonTV/status/1699880773371793815

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Sataere posted:

I find it funny that people keep trying to tell the kicked puppy dog that he isn't going to be kicked anymore and are surprised when he doesn't believe them.

It’s sports, if all it does it make you miserable then just stop watching! If your initial instinct when your favorite team wins a big game is to poo poo on them and anyone who is happy about it then just go do literally anything else because spreading misery is a stupid hobby. Let people be excited for things!