Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

fuctifino posted:

https://twitter.com/PippaCrerar/status/1700194171913441351

Of course it would turn out to be the most dangerous type
L. braverman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

fuctifino posted:

https://twitter.com/PippaCrerar/status/1700194171913441351

Of course it would turn out to be the most dangerous type

Only the best for Britain!

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Nothingtoseehere posted:

Spook? Why not just a faildaughter with family connections.

Her reaction to being caught out was very telling: instead of immediately withdrawing from the job app with what little dignity she had left, she was all: "Oh hey, I only lied once! You're not seriously gonna hold that against little 'ol me, are ya??"

Very much the reaction of someone who's never had to face consequences before.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Pistol_Pete posted:

Very much the reaction of someone who's never had to face consequences before.
I mean, that could just be standard tory playbook.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Largest stretch of freshwater in the UK now a toxic hellhole

https://twitter.com/sjamcbride/status/1700133580821643630?s=46&t=m_nNbkNoHG4lLitcpyHReg

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
since the article is paywalled i tried searching for more info and one of the first results is a paper from 1985 on how eutrophic the lake is

so uh, seems like this is not the first set of civil servants ducking the issue

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Maybe it's serving the 40% of the NI that doesn't have access to semtex.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Well there's your problem - there's a body in it

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
Oh it's a swan. I thought it was a (bleached?) human with head under water.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Z the IVth posted:

Extremely weird take

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

since the article is paywalled i tried searching for more info and one of the first results is a paper from 1985 on how eutrophic the lake is

Non-paywalled linke:

https://archive.ph/VIHy3

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

Trading at Stockport Market tomorrow, anyone who’s in the area come by and drop me a goony shibboleth for special prices! (I’m the blonde one with the beard, not the ginger one)

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Camrath posted:

Trading at Stockport Market tomorrow, anyone who’s in the area come by and drop me a goony shibboleth for special prices! (I’m the blonde one with the beard, not the ginger one)

Unfortunately I have a full day ahead of me tomorrow so no fudge meet, but that has reminded me that I need to order in some fudge so thanks for that!

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Reunification is so inevitable even the water is turning green!

Fun fact. Lough Neagh is owned by a royal gently caress.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Z the IVth posted:

wtf does that even mean

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

this is unacceptable. why won't the civil service act. the lake should be britrophic :mad:

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
So, does the person responsible for dealing with this get the bribe on their first day on the job, or is it just in the handover, "At some point, a representative of the region's farmers will approach you with a package. Just take it and ask no questions. You can thank me later by taking me out for drinks."

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
does anyone know the uk environmental regulatory structure looks like? in the us under the clean water act the states have to prepare a plan listing maximum pollutant levels for major water bodies, which are then reviewed and signed off on by the federal environmental protection agency. if there is a sustained level of pollutants (like npk from farm sediment) above the limit, the federal agency can take the state to court to try to force compliance

i'm wondering if the problem is the overall plan for the lake is flawed or if nobody is interested in forcing compliance with the plan

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

does anyone know the uk environmental regulatory structure looks like? in the us under the clean water act the states have to prepare a plan listing maximum pollutant levels for major water bodies, which are then reviewed and signed off on by the federal environmental protection agency. if there is a sustained level of pollutants (like npk from farm sediment) above the limit, the federal agency can take the state to court to try to force compliance

i'm wondering if the problem is the overall plan for the lake is flawed or if nobody is interested in forcing compliance with the plan

If I had to guess, I'd say there is no plan.

Basically, rural areas like that are so sparsely that there is limited resources for inspection.
The farmers who are in that area probably have enough resources/pull to make sure nothing happens.

That and resources are already stretched thin enough in those areas that environmental compliance is lower on the list than "keep streetlights on" and "grit the roads."

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Meeting goons chat:

Does the phrase "has your house got stairs" just relate to this thread or is it generally applicable?
A foreign friend used a phrase on fb in a comment to me (not the stairs one) that is strongly suggestive that he might lurk (or even post!) in the CSPAM thread.
May be a coincidence, just seems odd that a foreign person would have picked that highly specialized particular phrase out of nowhere.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Meeting goons chat:

Does the phrase "has your house got stairs" just relate to this thread or is it generally applicable?
A foreign friend used a phrase on fb in a comment to me (not the stairs one) that is strongly suggestive that he might lurk (or even post!) in the CSPAM thread.
May be a coincidence, just seems odd that a foreign person would have picked that highly specialized particular phrase out of nowhere.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=517

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7E0ot9iJm_k

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Think I'll have to rewatch that tomorrow (well later today as it is now!)

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It is some old comedic animation or other that people latched on to ages ago, the goon shibboleth is very old.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
If they want to nobly sacrifice themselves as the spearhead of removing the monarchy or the lords e piss cup or any of that other feudal nonsense then sure, go for it.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

They're antivaxxers, aren't they?

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Jedit posted:

They're antivaxxers, aren't they?

No OP, they authored seminal 90s tune “I’m too sexy”

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
And they blame their lack of recent seminal output on fluoride in the water.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Meeting goons chat:

Originates here

Content warning : Lowtax

https://www.somethingawful.com/icq-pranks/icq-transcript-space/1/

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

These cunts got everything they ever wanted and now they're going to have a revolution against themselves.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
What consenting adults do in the privacy of their own homes is up to them, but I don't want to see them having a revolution against themselves on social media all day. :circlefap:

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

smellmycheese posted:

Odd is it not that in one of the most heavily CCTV surveilled cities in the world that we haven’t had any clips of our man yet?

Not really. The vast majority of CCTV installations are privately owned and aren't actively monitored; a significant number of them (regardless of ownership) are broken, turned to face a wall, have minimal recording facilities, or are potato systems from 1991; and none of them are installed according to any kind of plan or design with blind spots everywhere.

With even minimal awareness, or dumb luck, he just turns down a back street and disappears. This isn't China.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I refuse to believe this person is anything but a new TBEU account

https://twitter.com/DavidAtkins/status/1700201806054175177

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

In other incestuous TV news..

https://twitter.com/independent/status/1699693856596312203?s=46&t=m_nNbkNoHG4lLitcpyHReg

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/JohnRentoul/status/1700245660363096558

Well there you have it, the worst take you'll see on the internet this weekend

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I would honestly not be surprised if this turns out to be his latest stroke of brain genius, hot on the heels of "Jamie bans meal deals during a cost of living crisis" and "Jamie has a go at poor people for having flatscreen tvs," it's "Jamie brings back child labour."

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

fuctifino posted:

https://twitter.com/JohnRentoul/status/1700245660363096558

Well there you have it, the worst take you'll see on the internet this weekend

Rentoul is always funny because if you call him a vampire it still really gets to him and he will respond angrily

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
If Blair was more left wing than corbyn they must really hate Blair and his crazy left wing ideas like nationalising everything

Right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Not enough bullies these days