Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I bet the stock will jump up after that. I'm gonna invest a little bit try to make a few bucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

Shard posted:

I bet the stock will jump up after that. I'm gonna invest a little bit try to make a few bucks.

That explains why my sister keeps overdrawing her bank account. Either that or her advisors doubling down on Barbie dolls

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Gavok posted:

I like that video by the guy who did the lengthy "this is why Roman Reigns' story is really good" video, only he's talking for an hour and a half about the history of the internet making weird Garfield content, culminating in him doing this heartfelt monologue about how a piece of artwork of Jon Arbuckle as a beautiful archangel slaying a demonic Garfield is in fact an endearing metaphor for overcoming one's depression. And he was dressed as Garfield during that part to offset how serious he was being.

That is a great vid. The one about him losing his mind trying to build a computer was one of my favorite horror films of that year.

His wrestling content is kinda mid tho

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/WrestlingNewsCo/status/1700115035069255738?t=VTgXJeSWGzuYYbqJpF2Hgg&s=19

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

:byewhore:

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Guess your tv run was just a fable, steveson

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Truly it's all downhill after beating Baron Corbin on NXT

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Undefeated for 2 years since being drafted to Raw

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Endless Mike posted:

Truly it's all downhill after beating Baron Corbin on NXT

It was a double count out

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

The problem with this Gable is that he insisted other people were ready and willing.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

If nothing else it's a funny Cagematch career page https://www.cagematch.net/?id=2&nr=27279&page=4

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Chris James 2 posted:

If nothing else it's a funny Cagematch career page https://www.cagematch.net/?id=2&nr=27279&page=4

haha wtf he only had ONE match?

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
They really ignored all the legal stuff regarding this guy so they could spend what, 3 years hyping him up as the next Kurt Angle, setting up an entire 1-man performance center just for him specifically, gave his brother a contract, drafted him to the main roster every year even though he wasn't going to be there, gave him one match on NXT and went "Eh, not worth it"

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

corbin has retired two gold medalists

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Endorph posted:

the last guy to get a clean win over roman in singles as well???

is corbin the secret GOAT???

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Drakkel posted:

They really ignored all the legal stuff regarding this guy so they could spend what, 3 years hyping him up as the next Kurt Angle, setting up an entire 1-man performance center just for him specifically, gave his brother a contract, drafted him to the main roster every year even though he wasn't going to be there, gave him one match on NXT and went "Eh, not worth it"

meanwhile they already have the next kurt angle but no he's too short

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Intruder posted:

meanwhile they already have the next kurt angle but no he's too short

I hear he asked for that name.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Dave's star ratings for Payback (and RAW) for those curious:

quote:

WWE Payback 2023

Becky Lynch vs. Trish Stratus : 4

LA Knight vs. The Miz : 2.25

Rey Mysterio vs. Austin Theory : 3.25

Judgment Day vs. Owens & Zayn : 4.25

Rhea Ripley vs. Raquel Rodriguez : 1.75

Seth Rollins vs. Shinsuke Nakamura : 3.5

09/04 WWE RAW

Gunther vs. Chad Gable : 4.5

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Rhea vs. Raquel. Yikes.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Pylons posted:

Rhea vs. Raquel. Yikes.

I would say the match never kicked into second gear, but that would be misleading. It would be better to say it never even kicked into first gear. It was a very sloppy match, with Raquel getting gassed like five minutes into the match (it was 17:22 long according to Cagematch), and being unable to do any real power spots safely (there was a spot where she dropped Rhea right on her head). Raquel couldn't even get a reaction when she laid out Dominic.

The funniest part is that WWE plans on running the match again on Monday, this time with Dominic banned from ringside, to "make it fair for Raquel". The rest of the Judgment Day though? They can do whatever they want, including be at ringside.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Pope Corky the IX posted:

The problem with this Gable is that he insisted other people were ready and willing.

haha get it. do you get the very funny joke.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

he’s a raper

👏👏 👏👏👏

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

Pope Corky the IX posted:

:eyepop:

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

Endorph posted:

Jake Varner is now hearing a slot machine and he doesn't know why

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I hate this song

https://twitter.com/WrestleOps/status/1699777967487119745?t=BIY1RMe6jFa-0cQLDfBRmw&s=19

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

This is unbelievably bad, like parody level bad.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

sounds fine

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
He should be only allowed to be on Main Event

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

DarkstarIV posted:

I would say the match never kicked into second gear, but that would be misleading. It would be better to say it never even kicked into first gear. It was a very sloppy match, with Raquel getting gassed like five minutes into the match (it was 17:22 long according to Cagematch), and being unable to do any real power spots safely (there was a spot where she dropped Rhea right on her head). Raquel couldn't even get a reaction when she laid out Dominic.

Yeah, that whole match was just sad. Raquel is terrible and I don't get why they keep trying with her.

Rollins v. Nakamura was more disappointing because it felt so...detached, I guess? Like it didn't feel like two guys who hated each other, it felt like two guys doing moves until one of them got pinned.

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

CombineThresher posted:

Rollins v. Nakamura was more disappointing because it felt so...detached, I guess? Like it didn't feel like two guys who hated each other, it felt like two guys doing moves until one of them got pinned.

if you made a line graph of Nakamura's rated matches across his career you'd see a total crater from high ratings to low once he joined WWE

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Fish Of Doom posted:

It just sounds like Three 6 Mafia album filler

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Fish Of Doom posted:

This could be said about all of WWE

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

quote:

- Charlotte Flair & Shotzi vs. Damage CTRL

- LA Knight promo

- SPOILER MATCH

- Judgment Day promo

- Brawling Brutes vs. Judgment Day

- Asuka appearance

- OC appearance

- AJ Styles vs. Jimmy Uso

Backstage News

- Michin & Zelina vs. Alba Fyre & Isla Dawn is set for the pre-show dark match

- Cody Rhodes is set for a post-show dark match

- Rey Mysterio & Santos Escobar vs. Street Profits is set for a post-show dark match

- Jason Ayers has the main event referee assignment.

SPOILERS

- The main event is set for two segments

- Dakota Kai is set for the show

- Austin Theory and Grayson Waller are set to interrupt LA Knight's promo

- LA Knight will face Austin Theory. Grayson Waller is set for commentary.

- Brawling Brutes are set to interrupt Judgment Day's promo

- Judgment Day and LWO is set for an interaction

- LA Kngight is getting 3 segments tonight

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
are they trying to run la knight into the ground? feeling like overexposure is going to sour the crowd a little bit.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

DEAR RICHARD posted:

are they trying to run la knight into the ground? feeling like overexposure is going to sour the crowd a little bit.

He committed the gravest sin of all, getting over on his own

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

:yeah:

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

DEAR RICHARD posted:

are they trying to run la knight into the ground?

YEAH

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
They should just redo The Big Show theme but make it about Jey Uso instead. Weeeeellllll well it’s Jey Uso.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

No Hit Row?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

CopywrightMMXI posted:

They should just redo The Big Show theme but make it about Jey Uso instead. Weeeeellllll well it’s Jey Uso.

USO! USO! At last! You're on your own!