Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

L. Ron DeSantis
Nov 10, 2009

quote:

PUT BIDEN BEHIND BARS-TINA TOON
Cartoon published 09/08/2023

Joe Biden is a criminal. It’s as plain as a Hillary Clinton pin up.

He’s not alone—many in Congress and White House occupants before him are the same. Most of them are millionaires who acquired their wealth while in office. Look for AOC to become a multi-millionaire soon if she’s not one already. She does as she’s told.

How do you think they all got so rich? Corruption, of course. Joe Biden is estimated to be worth $12 million. He owns three mansions, yet he has claimed he was the ‘poorest’ politician in the Senate. That was another one of Joe’s whoppers. His wealth was mostly accumulated during his long career in the Senate, but we know he has also secreted away much more through his ‘pay for play’ schemes with help of his son Hunter.

Never Miss A New Cartoon! Sign Up Today For Our GrrrNEWS cartoon newsletter-It’s Free and Easy!

His biggest theft was the 2020 election. Of course, he had plenty of help from Democrat operatives including Zuckerberg. Joe wants to repeat that steal by means of mandatory masks, vaccines, and lockdowns. Such actions will lead the way toward fraudulent mail-in ballots and the abuse of drop boxes. The Democrats already steal votes through easily hacked voting machines. If nothing is done to stop them, it will only encourage them to do it again. The Deep State has become brazen and emboldened. Of course it be stolen again. The corrupt media and the Uni-Party in Washington DC will do nothing other than cover up the crime.

You are invited to join me on SubscribeStar- a Pateron alternative, for exclusive cartoons and behind the scenes look at GrrrGraphics, Click to Join!

Stumbling, mumbling Joe does not belong in the White House. He belongs behind bars, but nobody will put him there since the justice system is rigged. It might take the Statue of Liberty herself to do it.

—The GrrrTeam

The Republicans' supposed pages and pages of evidence against Biden are all nonsense, AGC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Discendo Vox posted:

Jerry Holbert. I'm not sure his comics ever went completely nonsensical.

I was thinking of this one as an example of nonsensical cartoon that got published.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

L. Ron DeSantis posted:

The Republicans' supposed pages and pages of evidence against Biden are all nonsense, AGC.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

L. Ron DeSantis posted:

I love the imagery of Lady Liberty putting people into bird cages. Makes perfect sense.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

Barnaby Joyce has once again called for the Nationals to drop commitment to net zero while Dutton has reconfirmed the Liberals still hold to net zero by 2050 (without having any plan to get there).

Rowe:

Albanese off on a three nation tour doing foreign relation stuff.

Moir:

Kudelka:

Independent MP Andrew Wilkie moved a motion calling for the government to drop the charges on David McBride and Richard Boyle. McBride was an army lawyer and gave the ABC info on war crimes being committed in Afghanistan and Boyle worked for the ATO and was concerned about their aggressive debt collection tactics that were pushing people to suicide. The move was supported by some independents, opposed by both the government and the opposition.

Knight:

Spooner:

Someone brought up net zero when Spooner was due to make a cartoon.

Leunig:

L. Ron DeSantis
Nov 10, 2009

Too bad he couldn't hypnotize Leunig into not molesting his sister. But seriously, what is this about?

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

L. Ron DeSantis posted:

Too bad he couldn't hypnotize Leunig into not molesting his sister. But seriously, what is this about?
the government has hired the great vorelli and we'll all soon be devil dolls

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

L. Ron DeSantis posted:

I don't think it's actually about anything. Leunig has a huge persecution complex, and a good portion of his output is about how he is being oppressed in some vague way by either the government or a nonspecified crowd.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

L. Ron DeSantis posted:

It's about government propaganda. It may be about some specific piece of propaganda he hates right now; I'm not plugged-in enough to identify it if so—maybe also just "the Voice"? It could just be propaganda as a concept being something that he hates because he thinks that if you stop having government propaganda then everything will be sunshine and roses because he has the depth of insight of a four-year-old.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Lionel Hutz won several important cases.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Clay Bennett

Lisa Benson

Matt Davies

Kevin "KAL" Kallaugher

Pedro X. Molina

Ann Telnaes

Lee Judge

Mike Smith

John Branch

Jimmy Margulies

Ed Gamble

David M. Hitch

Carlos Latuff

Drew Sheneman

Adam Zyglis

Bit young to be doing this kind of SOME GIZMO stuff, Zyglis. You should save that for your 70s. (He's only 41.)

David Horsey

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Kellies Nomination: Most Easily Reinterpreted.

Look at that and tell me there isn't some chud mom who would post that and say "Yep, that's exactly how I am. I am the mama bear."

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

Kellies Nomination: Best Image Comment

I don't care that this isn't a category, this still deserves something

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

idonotlikepeas posted:

David M. Hitch

...what?

*LATEST FAD

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Oh no! Not the poor energy companies!

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

the_steve posted:

Kellies Nomination: Most Easily Reinterpreted.

Look at that and tell me there isn't some chud mom who would post that and say "Yep, that's exactly how I am. I am the mama bear."

Don't even have to imagine it, there was one a few days ago that was exactly that.

e: there we go

Fister Roboto fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Sep 9, 2023

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

idonotlikepeas posted:

David M. Hitch

This just made me realize that Hitch's output looks exactly like the caricaturists they had in trashy celebrity tabloids in the 80s. A self-revealing cartoon.

idonotlikepeas posted:

Adam Zyglis

Bit young to be doing this kind of SOME GIZMO stuff, Zyglis. You should save that for your 70s. (He's only 41.)
Surprised it's You Tube and not Tick Tock*
:latestfad:

Chicken Parmigiana
Sep 12, 2007

Guavanaut posted:

This just made me realize that Hitch's output looks exactly like the caricaturists they had in trashy celebrity tabloids in the 80s. A self-revealing cartoon.

Yeah, I always think his characters would look more at home in a MAD magazine from the '70s or '80s. Something about the ages and fashion styles he chooses. Plus everyone looking comically perturbed and quipping loudly at each other/the reader.

Obviously not as good as MAD, though. But that feels like the zeitgeist he's stuck in.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Rishi Sunak’s hopes of a trade deal with India – The British PM believes he will be welcomed as ‘India’s son-in-law’ on G20 trip"

Telegraph:

Offshore wind developers halt UK expansion over ‘uncompetitive’ prices

Matt:

The i paper:

Times:

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Chicken Parmigiana posted:

Yeah, I always think his characters would look more at home in a MAD magazine from the '70s or '80s. Something about the ages and fashion styles he chooses. Plus everyone looking comically perturbed and quipping loudly at each other/the reader.

Obviously not as good as MAD, though. But that feels like the zeitgeist he's stuck in.

Hitch is pretty directly aping the MAD caricature style, specifically Mort Drucker and Jack Davis, but only from the era he remembers, which makes them feel really out of place when talking (directly to us) about modern poo poo.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Great job dressing up your Grrraphics level regressive opinions as harmless dad jokes Matt.

Even your $700k salary won't get you a place in the billionaire ark though.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

idonotlikepeas posted:

David M. Hitch

Hey, a shout out to Huntsville's minor league baseball team! I've got one of their shirts cause a raccoon in a trash can rocket is a great logo.

Disney is making a new Sleeping Beauty movie and the Seven Dwarfs are now racially diverse. All the people you would expect to be are very upset with this.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

After The War posted:

Hitch is pretty directly aping the MAD caricature style, specifically Mort Drucker and Jack Davis, but only from the era he remembers, which makes them feel really out of place when talking (directly to us) about modern poo poo.
also drucker and davis knew about proper shading and line weight.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

I keep harping on this but once again the Torygraph cartoon has no relation to reality and I'm not sure the author understands the issue at all. The problem with the offshore auction was related to pricing so it didn't attract any bids, because offshore wind developers don't want to put in the contract that they are to lose money. When you mandate a maximum price of £44/MWh (for comparison: Hinkley Point has a guaranteed price of £92.50/MWh for 35 loving years, with inflation adjustment), then nobody is going to bid.

Germany just auctioned off 1 800 MW worth of offshore wind locations for 784 million Euros a month ago. So you can find companies willing to build offshore wind, you just shouldn't be a moron about it.

Also, https://www.bbc.com/news/business-66749344 talks about a £44 price floor, which is wrong of course, it's a price ceiling. UK media, what is wrong with you.

Meanwhile in Torygraph fantasy land: Built wind turbines can't be connected to the grid? What?

I am genuinely mad about this, the UK has enormous potential for steady wind, but the Tories are just so loving stupid.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Pedro X. Molina

Nick Anderson

Brian McFadden

Mattie Lubchansky

L. Ron DeSantis
Nov 10, 2009

Technowolf posted:

Pedro X. Molina

Kellies nomination: Laziest Non-Gorrell

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

duz posted:

Hey, a shout out to Huntsville's minor league baseball team! I've got one of their shirts cause a raccoon in a trash can rocket is a great logo.

Disney is making a new Sleeping Beauty movie and the Seven Dwarfs are now racially diverse. All the people you would expect to be are very upset with this.

There's definitely people mad about Snow White not being white enough but this cartoon is referencing Disney changing the dwarves to be "magical beings" and now there's actors with dwarfism complaining they needed the work.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021

For the live action Snow White and the Seven Dwarves, they've replaced the eponymous Seven Dwarfs with more generic fantastic creatures. Ostensibly out of sensitivity. There's been a lot of backlash against it, including from within the community.

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

Technowolf posted:

Brian McFadden

:latestfad:

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Technowolf posted:

Brian McFadden

I appreciate the PS1-looking tires on the Cybertruk.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Dumbo has taught me that crows are code for blacks so is this as racist as i think it is?

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

Hihohe posted:

Dumbo has taught me that crows are code for blacks so is this as racist as i think it is?
In a cartoon about voting rights?

Worse than you think

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Hihohe posted:

A couple of them are wearing caps, some even backwards. It's not so much a dogwhistle, let alone a regular whistle, as it is a speaker system.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Kellies Nomination: Least Concealed Bigotry (Racism), Worst Caricature (Those scribbles he calls birds)

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

So, while not happy with Biden's economic policies, he does admit they are better than the previous ones.

L. Ron DeSantis
Nov 10, 2009

100YrsofAttitude posted:

A couple of them are wearing caps, some even backwards. It's not so much a dogwhistle, let alone a regular whistle, as it is a speaker system.

In this case I don't think it's meant to be about black people, but that migrants are being drawn to NYC because there was a proposal like a year ago to let non-citizens vote in municipal elections. It's obviously a stupid, stupid take and Branco Lester can't keep his racist stereotypes straight.

e: I can't keep my racist cartoonists straight either.

L. Ron DeSantis fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Sep 9, 2023

L. Ron DeSantis
Nov 10, 2009

So things are bad but they would have been worse without Bidenomics?
Kellies nomination: Most Easily Reinterpreted

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
While the plural of "anecdote" isn't "data," I just caught COVID for the first time (and I know who gave it to me, and I'm not happy about it) and my throat hurts so much I can't even sleep. Eat poo poo, Payne.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?

Has the White House actually released anything on covid beyond a little "Hey this strain looks kinda nasty, we recommend getting boosted" statement? Or are right-wingers just reacting to the internal hype that mask mandates are totally coming back and this time conservatives are totally gonna be big and strong and tough and ignore all of them (which will be different from last time somehow) to advance the cause of True Patriotism