Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

40 yr old LA Knight living the "How do you do, fellow kids?" meme dream

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

Mr Kennedy 2.0

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

History Comes Inside! posted:

It’s weird to say you hate him imo.

I don’t hate CM Punk, he’s not exactly up there with wrestlings greatest monsters who deserve that kind of derision, it’s just really loving funny that he self-destructed repeatedly.

Making fun of the fact he just couldn’t stop stepping on his own dick is also really funny.

This is more or less where I'm at as well. His crimes pale in comparison to some of the worst loving pieces of poo poo in wrestling, even today, but at the end of the day, Punk couldn't stop getting in his own way by virtue of his inability to get over himself. The endless parade of drama that seems to mysteriously occur only when he's around is exhausting as poo poo, so I might as well laugh at it.

Cult of Pies
Oct 2, 2021
hmm, takes are so boring these days. it's just the same old poo poo over and over again, like look at this one

i think i'm going to stop post-oh here we go

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
set the standard of expectations, who, who

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

The logic on the first part is pretty out there. AEW needs to be more family friendly to appeal to kids. Okay, that's a valid opinion, but then he says all the adult fans became fans because of the wild and crazy attitude era. So like.. do kids like violent stuff or family friendly stuff?

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

A Fancy Hat posted:

The logic on the first part is pretty out there. AEW needs to be more family friendly to appeal to kids. Okay, that's a valid opinion, but then he says all the adult fans became fans because of the wild and crazy attitude era. So like.. do kids like violent stuff or family friendly stuff?

he's saying that most fans are adults who are trying to get their children into wrestling now (based on an informal survey of his imagination) and they want to watch more family oriented programming, such as the one owned by a serial rapist where everyone refers to the top female star as "mami"

little munchkin fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Sep 8, 2023

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Nothing is classier than a mommy domme

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I just like when people talk about blood as this abnormality in wrestling as of the scar tissue on every old wrestlers head just appeared out of thin air.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

The_Rob posted:

I just like when people talk about blood as this abnormality in wrestling as of the scar tissue on every old wrestlers head just appeared out of thin air.

Wrestling didn't exist until Vince McMahon created it in the 1990s and it didn't get good until Roman Reigns became the Tribal Chief.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

The_Rob posted:

Most of these people don’t even want to watch the wrestling parts of wrestling

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Most of these people don’t even want to watch the wrestling parts of wrestling

its this frankly. they just want to complain about some bygone days they've never actually experienced

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Elephant Ambush posted:

If it makes you feel better, a lot of us here including myself were around for all the Punk stuff that made us like him and now we all hate him just as much as anyone else :shrug:

He was favorite wrestler from like 2010-2013. His original white chicago flag shirt with the fist is one of the only wrestling shirts I've ever owned.

I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt after Brawl Out because I can believe the Elite are super unlikable. But he's just a consistent loving rear end in a top hat and it's probably good for both him and AEW that he's gone.

Also he's probably not even top 50 worst people in wrestling history.

Fish Of Doom fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Sep 8, 2023

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Leslie has finally figured out the way to be Punk's friend, be mad about the Bobby Fish kick out at 3.

https://twitter.com/leslieleeiii/status/1700209330056745282

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

TK really should rehire Bobby Fish

KOR's probably coming back at some point, and I'm pretty sure reDRagon has another run in them

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

MassRafTer posted:

Leslie has finally figured out the way to be Punk's friend, be mad about the Bobby Fish kick out at 3.

Folks

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

MassRafTer posted:

Just wait until Leslie finds out about the Iggy, AKA The Office.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Feel like poo poo just want to dance away :(

https://twitter.com/leslieleeiii/status/1700136110741979306?s=46&t=AwMtDeZF_tX5DmOd53fE0g

???

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

Yeah I keep seeing Punk stans claiming he quit because of how bad AEW was and it's like that's proveably not true???

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Fire me, I'm already fired (by myself)!

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

VideoWitch posted:

Yeah I keep seeing Punk stans claiming he quit because of how bad AEW was and it's like that's proveably not true???

Tony Khan literally went on tv and said Punk was fired with cause, and said his life felt threatened.

I’m just speculating here, but I suspect whatever Punk did backstage (on camera!) was so over the line and unprofessional that he’s lucky not to be facing criminal charges.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

VideoWitch posted:

you choke out one coworker--just the one, for goodness' sake, and not even an important one--and shove over a paltry few thousand dollars worth of heavy A/V equipment while calmly and logically explaining yourself, and the fascists at AEW come down on you like a ton of bricks for some reason :jerkbag:

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Delighted that the "akshually Punk quit" cope is gaining traction. It will give decent cover for Punk not doing the wrongful termination suit they clearly really want him to.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Tony Khan literally went on tv and said Punk was fired with cause, and said his life felt threatened.

I’m just speculating here, but I suspect whatever Punk did backstage (on camera!) was so over the line and unprofessional that he’s lucky not to be facing criminal charges.

You have to remember that these weirdos literally think that every single thing TK and the Elite say is a lie, and that everything Punk (or any other anti-AEW weirdo) says is 100% fact, regardless of any proof you can shove right in their faces

If Punk had never melted down or got into fights and was a regular dude backstage and somehow TK ended up selling AEW to Punk they'd all still say the same things. AEW is minor league, etc. They have yogurt for brains

bartok
May 10, 2006

Venomous posted:

KOR's probably coming back at some point, and I'm pretty sure reDRagon has another run in them

Isn't Bobby Fish a huge right wing shithead similar to Drake Younger?

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Venomous posted:

He's so cool, and in retrospect did nothing wrong.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

bartok posted:

He's not as much of a loon as Drake is, but he's a pretty outspoken evangelical Christian like a lot of wrestlers. He's also not really worth bringing back.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

little munchkin posted:

He's so cool, and in retrospect did nothing wrong.

Let’s get Ryback in AEW too

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Work

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

MassRafTer posted:

I'm sure punk not taking issue with this backstage is entirely unrelated to Bobby fish having a 2-0 record as a shoot fighter.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

bartok posted:

I've got bad news for you about most wrestlers op

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
https://twitter.com/iamjondraper/status/1700137659211956290

so mad at the goofy wrestlers that i transform into a reddit atheist

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Ah, extremely normal to consider any behaviour less perfect than the son of God to be unacceptable.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Next, Leslie will be citing from the Torah as to why Kenny Omega is a clown.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
I don't know how any true wrestling fan can mark out for the New Testament. Jesus was a nepo hire (his dad ran the whole territory and kept putting other promotions out of business with his Commandments) and he was given a stable of like twelve guys to put him over, went over hunger and death and Satan himself, and when it was finally time to do the honors it was a schmozz that makes The Passion of the Cena look mild. It took like the whole world to beat him.

And then he kicked out at three.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Beautiful. Put it in a museum.

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

Goblin deez nuts amirite ladies?
The Romans crucified him and Jesus said, "That doesn't work for me, brother"

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!