Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Madurai posted:

And/or the same retirement age every other job has.

But the Senate has the same retirement age that I do, in that I'm going to work until I die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

pantslesswithwolves posted:

They really aren’t. DC’s Democratic Party filed a lawsuit aimed at keeping a ranked-choice ballot initiative off the ballot, in a city that went like 9:1 for Biden and Clinton over Trump, and argued that minority voters would be “confused” by the concept. Our minuscule Republican Party also joined in on the suit, which goes to show that both parties have a vested interest in keeping our lovely status quo going so long as it benefits him.

Democracy should be as messy as it needs to be and the fact that both parties are against this, as well as term and age limits, are all the more reason why we need them, and also 3rd/4th parties as well.

Yeah it’s ridiculous. Wasn’t happy to learn Strom Thurmond was the reason my vote for president is meaningless as if it mattered in my ultra blue state the democrats would be losing in a national landslide, and he blocked Nixon’s push to do away with the the electoral college as he wanted to keep George Wallace as a threat to drain away segregationist states as a spoiler.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1700308934920175635?t=wPWWY05yZu0Ao-K_GhJrqQ&s=19

hosed around and found out, indeed.

https://twitter.com/wildekid/status/1700315715784397126?t=Ez1fFQVetTTu4tCZrk2nUQ&s=19

:laffo:

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

:thurman:

I hope we get the occasional update from this guy. Not constant, but maybe every few months, then years. I wonder if he'll ever regret it.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
None of them will be in prison past the next Republican lame duck period at worst.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Oh thank god, I thought tim meadows did something horrible

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

fknlo posted:

None of them will be in prison past the next Republican lame duck period at worst.

Comedy option: they get the white house and promptly pull the no clemency for losers card

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
"clemency is for closers, not losers"

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Milo and POTUS posted:

Comedy option: they get the white house and promptly pull the no clemency for losers card

I'm thinking it'll be this. If they don't acknowledge the insurrectionists, they won't have to answer for them. At least, I'm betting that's the working theory.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

A.o.D. posted:

I'm thinking it'll be this. If they don't acknowledge the insurrectionists, they won't have to answer for them. At least, I'm betting that's the working theory.

I mean, look how well Daddy Trump will pay for my legal fees is going.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Morocco had a crazy earthquake last night/this morning. More than 1k dead.

https://apnews.com/article/morocco-earthquake-live-updates-eab8c4fb1709772071d7d93557f8a272

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Grahams and E. Ron Musk apparently had a third secret child named Techno Mechancius.

I hate everything.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Grahams and E. Ron Musk apparently had a third secret child named Techno Mechancius.

I hate everything.

what about alexander graham bell? where's he fit in the throuple?

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

I hate everything.

The gently caress kind of Warhammer 40,000 rear end name is that? Pretty sure I've seen that in people's armies somewhere.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I hate everything.

Can he develop some sort of technology for Rapid sterilization and try it out on himself?

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

E: probably too far on that one.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Elviscat posted:

E: probably too far on that one.

O_O

I hate everything.

They're just like.... so tiresome

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

On one hand, I fully support someone changing their own name to Techno Mechanicus and then becoming the Machine God :black101:, but don't name your kids that, what the gently caress is wrong with you?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

I hate everything.

lol

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
Just another sign that they have zero friends or family in their lives to tell them "that's a loving stupid idea". Purestrain narcissism taken to its wildest unchecked extreme.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I hope that kid promptly changes his name to gently caress You Elon Musk the second he turns 18.

Let's see how Trump's appearance at the Iowa/Iowa State game is going:

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1700660706964582572

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Praise the Omnissiah

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

I hate everything.

and the parents nicknamed the baby Tau for short

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
A rare story from Florida that doesn't suck:

https://twitter.com/WFLA/status/1700165441623121972

:3:

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/highprogressive/status/1700599069947711816

pygmy tyrant
Nov 25, 2005

*not a small business owner

The new musk kid was revealed in an excerpt from an upcoming biography about Elon throwing tantrums lol

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Somehow the name isn't the most embarrassing thing in that excerpt. Demon mode. Oh god almighty they're so awful.

I literally thought you were joking about tau btw

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Bop that BUSSI

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Ha, I was right about the 40k-rear end name.

Now I feel worse because what in the everliving gently caress Elon? That kid is going to loving hate you and you deserve it every step of the way.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Disowning your father for the greater good

stackofflapjacks
Apr 7, 2009

Mmmmm

Milo and POTUS posted:

Disowning your father for the greater good

:drat:

Jimmy Smuts
Aug 8, 2000

Giving your children stupid names and cozying up to Russia, what a loving idiot.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
As much as I don't like Elon, save some special mention for the dickhead who decided to become baby factory to the frog bodied, fascist man child that keeps doing the same poo poo and never changes.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

It's a blessing that looks are genetic but intelligence and personality basically isn't. The worst people can create the best people.
And always on accident which makes it way funnier

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

not caring here posted:

As much as I don't like Elon, save some special mention for the dickhead who decided to become baby factory to the frog bodied, fascist man child that keeps doing the same poo poo and never changes.

I don’t think Grimes is a good person at all given that she’s bought into the whole fashy techno-futurist poo poo that Musk espouses, but I do think that there is a strong possibility she’s been manipulated and emotionally abused by Muskrat. His first wife wrote a really damning piece over a decade ago that describes how he treats women he’s involved with:

quote:

Still, there were warning signs. As we danced at our wedding reception, Elon told me, "I am the alpha in this relationship." I shrugged it off, just as I would later shrug off signing the postnuptial agreement, but as time went on, I learned that he was serious. He had grown up in the male-dominated culture of South Africa, and the will to compete and dominate that made him so successful in business did not magically shut off when he came home. This, and the vast economic imbalance between us, meant that in the months following our wedding, a certain dynamic began to take hold. Elon's judgment overruled mine, and he was constantly remarking on the ways he found me lacking. "I am your wife," I told him repeatedly, "not your employee."

"If you were my employee," he said just as often, "I would fire you."

Also he had twins with a Neuralin executive a month before Grimes had their second kid. To put it mildly, these are not the actions of a man who views women, procreation or fatherhood in healthy ways.

I hope he blows up on a SpaceX rocket or takes a sudden interest in carbon fiber submersibles. To say nothing about his meddling in the Ukraine conflict, the world would be better off without this lunatic fascist in it.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Milo and POTUS posted:

I literally thought you were joking about tau btw

Alas, reality has long since surpassed parody

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

His first wife wrote

I want to hear from his second and third wife.

No, the singular is correct.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

To put it mildly, these are not the actions of a man who views women, procreation or fatherhood in healthy ways.

He's "fixing the birthrate problem" by having as many boys with as many women as he can so that they can in turn do the same thing. Has to be boys since they can impregnate 10 women at a time and spread his "superior" genes across the world.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

fknlo posted:

spread his "superior" genes across the world.

If only he would do this literally

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

If only he would do this literally

He doesn't get into his own rockets