Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Even if they can get a few off Snell, Brown has been downright brutally bad lately and despite being disappointing the Padres still have a potent lineup

As fun as the Rangers collapse has been it sure would be nice if they stay in the race long enough to still put up a fight against the M's in those 7 games they have in the final 10

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Intruder posted:

Even if they can get a few off Snell, Brown has been downright brutally bad lately and despite being disappointing the Padres still have a potent lineup

As fun as the Rangers collapse has been it sure would be nice if they stay in the race long enough to still put up a fight against the M's in those 7 games they have in the final 10

I'd prefer if they kept collapsing. Taking 5-6 of those games would be awesome.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Some Numbers posted:

I'd prefer if they kept collapsing. Taking 5-6 of those games would be awesome.

:same:

Would like the Blue Jays to not be poo poo and take 3 of 4 against the Rangers.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

FOMS

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Nobody is saying this

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
https://nypost.com/2023/09/08/police-have-video-of-dodgers-julio-urias-alleged-assault/

posted:

Los Angeles Dodgers pitcher Julio Urias was being recorded during an alleged altercation with a woman that led to his arrest on Sunday after the MLS match in Los Angeles, according to the arrest report, which was obtained by ESPN.

Urias, who has been placed on administrative leave indefinitely, was arrested “on suspicion of corporal injury on a spouse or cohabitant” after officers from the Department of Public Safety spoke with those involved and concluded a physical altercation took place, the report said.

A bystander recorded the incident on a cell phone and authorities have that video footage, DPS assistant chief Chris Carr told ESPN’s Paula Lavigne.

We won't be seeing him again

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Yeah, if they get you on video you're done. Ganbare in NPB.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
https://twitter.com/PitchingNinja/status/1700229917353373737?s=20

Seiya is the best

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

quote:

The report claimed employees at the stadium “at first broke up the altercation,” before Urias “went into a nearby car with the woman,” where “things once again got heated.”

According to TMZ, police removed Urias and the woman from the vehicle and arrested him for felony domestic violence.

Get this loving shitbag out of the league.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

If Urias punched out a drunk soccer fan instead of his partner, would that be better or worse?

Prof. Spaceman
May 1, 2007

NOPE

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

If Urias punched out a drunk soccer fan instead of his partner, would that be better or worse?

It'd be way, way better, what the gently caress are you talking about?

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Some Numbers posted:

Kirby has been fairly mortal recently and it's not like you guys have a terrible track record against good pitching.

But yes, if Kirby and Snell are both on, that'd be pretty great.

Everyone is gassed except Logan/Walter

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Mcqueen posted:

Actively capping your spitter and shrugging my bad has made the initial GIF so much better.

Haha. I didn’t initially realize this video was longer. That guy rules.

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.
Trever Rosenthal has been reviewing all of the MLB bullpens, starting with STL https://twitter.com/trevrosenthal/status/1696497026496667702?s=46&t=lRl8HNC2dXvuRHcXaz1cXw

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

'HEY MOM, I'M DONE WITH MY SEGMENT!'

Soiled Meat

What?

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

rickiep00h posted:

As much as I miss the Metrodome for pure nostalgia, the baggie was without a doubt one of the worst parts of it. Just absolutely bush league poo poo.
Yeah the trash bag wall to me was funny in the way that the Minute Maid outfield with Tal's Hill and the flagpole in play was, an eccentric oddity that was ultimately just bad. The new park actually looks l really nice, especially with the updates they just did.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

:goofy:

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Scratch another Dodgers pitcher off the list:

https://twitter.com/fabianardaya/status/1700206617902416120

This team is going nowhere in October unless all the bats get insanely hot and they score 10 runs a game

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

No Safe Word posted:

Yeah the trash bag wall to me was funny in the way that the Minute Maid outfield with Tal's Hill and the flagpole in play was, an eccentric oddity that was ultimately just bad. The new park actually looks l really nice, especially with the updates they just did.

I loved it because it was one of the highlight calls the SC anchors would do back in the 90s when I'd watch three in a row on a summer morning. "INTO THE HEFTY BAG"

https://twitter.com/brianmctaggart/status/1700258774463000867

Dusty is countertrolling Rome's troll article

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

pretty clearly better

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I know holdouts aren't really a thing in baseball but looking I'm Ronald Acuna making 17 million for the next 5 years scratching my head over here.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Albies makes $7 million this year and also each of the next 4 years

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/Chandler_Rome/status/1700264058967224590

This is the funniest poo poo Ive ever read

I don't live down there, how is that This Is It pudding

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

zoux posted:

I will always appreciate Baker leading the Astros through a very difficult time which culminated in the 22 title.

It's time for him to retire. Ride off into the sunset champ!

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

The Philadelphia Phillies are dogshit garbage

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

GOM*S

*Marlins

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Intruder posted:

Albies makes $7 million this year and also each of the next 4 years

There is no contract that makes me more angry anytime I think about it.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Good Dog posted:

Moniak is also hurt.

https://twitter.com/JeffFletcherOCR/status/1700012691048562839?s=20

Hard to understate how bad an outfield consisting of Trey Cabbage, Brett Phillips, and Randal Grichuk is.

At least Cabbage probably can't concuss a pitcher from out there.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Was looking at random stats.

The A's leader in wins is still Shintaro Fujinami, who was dealt six weeks ago to Baltimore. Fujinami had 5 wins in Oakland. 20 different pitchers wins, 9 have 1 win. Somehow, only JP Sears has more than 8 losses All of it strikes me as a bit wild.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Brett Phillips is the purest player in baseball

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

RC and Moon Pie posted:

The A's leader in wins is still Shintaro Fujinami, who was dealt six weeks ago to Baltimore. Fujinami had 5 wins in Oakland. 20 different pitchers wins, 9 have 1 win. Somehow, only JP Sears has more than 8 losses All of it strikes me as a bit wild.

5 wins as a starter for Oakland with a 8.76 ERA.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

RC and Moon Pie posted:

lovely teams/players/ideally both produce the best stats

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The Rangers might want to consider eating fewer chicken wings and drinking fewer beers if they want to salvage their season

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
My thoughts on the weird Strasburgh situation: Boras sensed that Nats ownership was going to try and weasel out of paying so he leaked the retirement plans and, crucially, added a detail that the Nats would pay Strasburgh the rest of his contract. The retirement party cancellation is retaliation for the leak and they're still going to try and void the remaining contract. Critical support for Comrade Boras.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Wait what? They're trying to void the contract? There's zero chance that can happen right?

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Well unless the contract says otherwise they're under no obligation to pay him if he retires, surely? Theres zero chance MLB owners would allow a situation where you could retire and still get your money to happen generally

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Presumably if they won't pay it out he doesn't retire

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."
Stras will get paid, I am sure.

Also Acuña is gonna get 40 dingers, dude is ready to hit the gently caress out of baseballs as the season comes to an end.

https://mlb-cuts-diamond.mlb.com/FORGE/2023/2023-09/08/8ce44606-4032cef8-cc575ae4-csvm-diamondx64-asset_1280x720_59_16000K.mp4

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

zoux posted:

It’s excellent, like pretty much everything else at This Is It

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

fast cars loose anus posted:

Well unless the contract says otherwise they're under no obligation to pay him if he retires, surely? Theres zero chance MLB owners would allow a situation where you could retire and still get your money to happen generally

There's a medical certification process for it that is no doubt convoluted and contentious, but the CBA prescribes that if a player retires due to unrehabilitatable injury the team still has to pay out the contract in full. If the Nats are trying to renege on paying then this is going to arbitration of some kind.