Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favourite Pokémon type?
This poll is closed.
Plain 6 3.17%
Hot 7 3.70%
Wet 15 7.94%
Green 11 5.82%
Shocking 2 1.06%
Cold 3 1.59%
Punchy 7 3.70%
Poisonous 4 2.12%
Brown 7 3.70%
Bird 11 5.82%
Weird 17 8.99%
Gross 11 5.82%
Solid 2 1.06%
Scary 8 4.23%
Dragon 5 2.65%
Creepy 18 9.52%
Mech 33 17.46%
Pink 22 11.64%
Total: 189 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zR6fECxF44I

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I think it was recently that people doing speedruns of Mario 64 only just figured out that a common shortcut they'd been taking to move up to a higher floor faster was actually taking longer than just... running up the stairs?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Arrested for LPs?

Nah, time to get arrested for making your own Xbox
https://twitter.com/Xbox/status/1700147148845686802

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
wtf is this discount lego poo poo

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Arrested for Lego crimes

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

deep dish peat moss posted:

broke: watching speedrun world records

woke: watching videos that break down all the ridiculous tricks people found and perfected to achieve world records

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_wscUcbynk

Summoning Salt is a GOAT.

Also being arrested for LPs sucks real hard, but I also wonder where twitch streaming comes into it since that could also be infringement. Although that lane is fortunately guarded by literal cute anime vtuber girls nowadays

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

ymgve posted:

wtf is this discount lego poo poo

Gonna be that guy and stumble into the conversation to remind everyone that Lego was a design stolen from another, smaller company and then Lego went on to try and destroy competitors with litigation, they are monsters that don't need your defense

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

why the gently caress is there suddenly a robot in likey dragon

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Waffleman_ posted:

why wouldn't there be, it's a series staple

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

CubeTheory posted:

Gonna be that guy and stumble into the conversation to remind everyone that Lego was a design stolen from another, smaller company and then Lego went on to try and destroy competitors with litigation, they are monsters that don't need your defense

I'm not gonna join you on this, but I'm happy that you have A Thing, everyone needs their Thing.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

CubeTheory posted:

I didn't know that. I watched some documentary on Lego once and they didn't mention that but the whole thing had a super weird vibe to it so I didn't finish it

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Is the psn loving up I can't connect my hotspot

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

I decided to try Starfield since it's on GamePass and I'm not feeling it so far. The first 2 hours felt like a lovely version of Disco Elysium what with going back and forth talking to NPCs and doing errands. Feels like a step back from Bethesda's previous games since at least in those you can go somewhere and kind of get lost exploring and maybe end up Somewhere Interesting. Here, due to the way traveling (there's no way "just quick travel to planets" was the original vision for this) and random planet generation works, there doesn't seem to be any of that. What little combat there is so far was somewhat fun in a basic shootbang lizard brain level, and because it was nice to actually have to do something instead of following a marker and listening to AAA video game writing. The UI, especially the universe map, is super confusing to go through and I don't think I'll get used to it. I might play it for a while longer and see if it picks up, but so far my thoughts are that it's super boring and 3 hours of my life I'll never get back.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Sounds like poo poo op

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

sounds like op poo poo

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
I wish it was better, but I still like Starfield.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

GUI posted:

I decided to try Starfield

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcLl7qnjS7g

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

HOLY poo poo GORO MAJIMA

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Hope you beat the battle tower!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

hatty posted:

Hope you beat the battle tower!

i did not

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

CubeTheory posted:

I learned something today

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

this owns lol

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

this owns lol

Like honestly this sort of jank gets me pretty excited for Elder Scrolls 6 :allears:

The literal exact same game and exact same design philosophies they've been making for decades, just with different skins.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I gotta

I gotta go do some side stuff to prepare for this mad dog

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Infinitum posted:

Like honestly this sort of jank gets me pretty excited for Elder Scrolls 6 :allears:

The literal exact same game and exact same design philosophies they've been making for decades, just with different skins.

Can't wait to play Heavily Modded Starfield and the one good DLC in a few years.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Waffleman_ posted:

I gotta

yeah that's about the point where the game stops holding your hand and starts stomping your balls

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I alt tabbed out and saw it was 2 in the morning

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

wayneradiotv just finished streaming the best game of all time: GENIUS VS ANTICHRIST 1, a religious edutaintment game (?) game about famous historical figures (Isaac Newton, Albert Einstein, Edmond Halley) finding their "warrior side" (?).

Steam description posted:

11 DIFFERENT AMAZING DARKER LEVELS .COSMOS POSSIBLE OPEN WORLDS .

STYLE OF PLAY : RPG STRATEGY GAMES .. AS DARKSOULS .... HARDER .

INSPIRED BY DANTE'S INFERNO PS5 AND GIORDANO BRUNO AMAZING HISTORY .

WELL YOU'RE WELCOME TO PLAY THIS AMAZING GAME BUT HARDER AT THE SAME TIME . SEE YOU SOON !

here's a clip, a LOUD clip:

https://clips.twitch.tv/SpookyDifferentSwordSaltBae-drXY7MMAXqtT1riK

I haven't laughed like this in months. It has the craziest spells I have seen since Dragon's Dogma, movement tech like Tribes, shock and awe like Asura's Wrath. Einstein has capoeira moves in this one

Ramie fucked around with this message at 08:07 on Sep 9, 2023

D.Fuzzbot
Sep 5, 2023
My hot take on Starfield is that they made a bunch of cool ideas for spaceship exploration and decided it would get in the way of all the good on foot RPG stuff and replaced space with menus.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

I haven't played Starfield but all the complaints about it already makes me hate it a lot

Other games that are pretty mid like FFXVI still don't even get half the complaints that Starfield does

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYXzSL0z8MY

This is the first video I ever bothered to watch from this channel I keep hearing about and I think I understand the appeal.

D.Fuzzbot
Sep 5, 2023
Starfield is mid but like that's fine. A game being okay at worst is still miles better than a lot of real poo poo out there. Starfield's problem is more marketing, hype and reviews making a game appear as some sort of big leap forward when it's just a new coat of paint.

Did you have fun in Fallout 4? Congrats you'll have fun with Starfield.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I'm disappointed that nobody laughed at my excellent half bladder press joke in the speedrunning thread.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

D.Fuzzbot posted:

Starfield is mid but like that's fine. A game being okay at worst is still miles better than a lot of real poo poo out there. Starfield's problem is more marketing, hype and reviews making a game appear as some sort of big leap forward when it's just a new coat of paint.

Did you have fun in Fallout 4? Congrats you'll have fun with Starfield.

how many space mods do FO3/4/Skyrim have at this point

D.Fuzzbot
Sep 5, 2023
I mean I could say that most space mods probably suck but Starfields space stuff is mostly fast travel menus so :shrug:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Love going to a menu to travel to a planet then going to a menu again to land on a planet

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Tbf that's probably accurate to how it would work at that technology level lol

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

we finally have the technology to replicate the space travel physics seen in SunDog: Frozen Legacy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

fridge corn posted:

A switch 2 that doesn't cause my hands to cramp up the instant I pick it up would be an interesting value proposition. Unless they port triangle strategy to ps in the meantime in which case it would be useless to me

Catching up but the Hori alternate joycons are a godsend in that regard, complete night and day difference.

Waffleman_ posted:

I gotta

Leveling jobs helps a lot (and it’s quick if you orbital laser your way through the arena!), it doesn’t really seem like it since only a handful of combat skills can be inherited but all the Stat + 10 skills carry between jobs and can be a big power boost.